Anyone else having problems downloading 4.5 from the store?

mnpazanmnpazan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So I've been out of the game for about six months or so, and I just found out that DS had advanced to 4.5, and I came by to upgrade from 4.0. I went to the Daz store, signed in, and got myself hooked up with a download for the 4.5 upgrade and it's accessories.

All the small stuff like the plugins and the instruction PDFs downloaded fine, but when I got the the two core files, the DS 4.5 exe and the Genesis starter pack exe, the download hangs on start for a few minutes, then cancels. In Crome it just dies, in Firefox it gives me a pop-up error saying that the source file can't be read. To clarify, the download proper never starts, the browser just tries to connect to the download server and can't.

I know it's not my connection, because I can download all kinds of other stuff large and small all over other parts of the 'net, and I can download some other items on the Daz store. To my admittedly very limited networking knowledge, It looks like there's a certain server on the Daz site that's the problem.

Aside from the inability to download, this is problematic because every time I try to download and fail, the Daz store counts it as a successful DL and subtracts it from my available DLs number. I know I can get that reset, but IIRC there's a limit to the total number of tries I can make before Daz calls shenanigans on me for downloading 10 copies (or however many it takes to raise a red flag), when in reality I haven't even partially downloaded a single one.

Has anyone else had any similar problems recently?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Other people have reported problems, and the web team are working on it as we speak.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

• mnpazanmnpazan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ah, that's cool then. Good to know it's "real" and being worked on (as opposed to some unaddressable error somewhere in the third party netspace between Daz and my local connection). I'll wait a week and retry then. Thanks!

• InsaneHeroInsaneHero Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My first try yesterday failed part way through the download, I'm using Chrome.
    I tried a second time straight after, and it worked perfectly.

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited December 1969

I've been trying for 4 days to download the 4.5 beta and having tons of problems. After many attempts I managed to get the program files but still haven't managed to download the Genesis Essentials installer.

Their business is selling downloadable goods so I am sure they are working on it. I hope.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969
  • Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

erostew said:
    I've been trying for 4 days to download the 4.5 beta and having tons of problems. After many attempts I managed to get the program files but still haven't managed to download the Genesis Essentials installer.

Their business is selling downloadable goods so I am sure they are working on it. I hope.

Try Taozen's fix:

http:/taosoft.dk/software/3dcdl-daz/updates/ContentDownloaderDAZ_TEMP_FIX.zip

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    erostew said:

Try Taozen's fix:

http:/taosoft.dk/software/3dcdl-daz/updates/ContentDownloaderDAZ_TEMP_FIX.zipI've been using Taozen's downloader since yesterday but still no luck on the Genesis Essentials 1.4 download although it does seem to get a little closer to completion than just Firefox. Of course it may just be wishful thinking on my part because I'm hoping it will automagically finish sometime soon :-)

On the plus side his downloader did manage to get today's cool Moon Gate freebie finished and it only took 3 tries.

edited December 1969

Welp, it's a week later, and the problem still exists. Still can't download stuff.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What are you trying to download, and from where? Is it from your Available Downloads area, or somwhere else?

There is no problem with the site at present that I know of. Have you tried clearing your Browser cache, or even using a different browser?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes as Jimmy says, there was a problem, it was noted, found and sorted out. Since then there have been no problems downloading for the majority of users.

Close you browser, clear cache and temporary internet files, reboot browser. This is an important step as partial downloads will be cached by your browser and will make the download stall at a similar place to previous download attempts..

edited December 1969

Okay, tried again today and it worked.

I don't know what the problem was, but it wasn't a browser history or caching problem. I keep my browsers set to clear history, cache, LSOs, cookies, etc. on exit by default, so there'd be nothing left from previous tries to delete. But also, as I said in my OP, the files never even properly started to download in the first place: I just got a long "unknown time remaining" hang followed by a "could not read the source file" error.

But whatever it was, it does seem to be fixed now. Groovy.