DzLine3 object

OK this is driving me a bit nuts at the moment (and probably because I'm missing something very fundamental). I can't use any methods on a DzLine3 object, I just get the "undefined is not a function errors...

(function(){	var oLine = new DzLine3();	oLine.origin = new DzVec3( 0,0,0 );	oLine.end = new DzVec3( 1,1,1 );		var nLength = oLine.length();	print(nLength);	})();

always results in the follwoing output

Executing Script...Script Error: Line 7TypeError: Result of expression 'oLine.length' [undefined] is not a function.Stack Trace: ()@:7Error executing script on line: 7Script executed in 0 secs 2 msecs.

What am I missing?

Comments

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606

Of course - what I really want to do is find the distance between 2 vectors - so if there's a better way of finding that out than creating a line between the 2 and getting its length, then I'm all ears.

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175

Of course - what I really want to do is find the distance between 2 vectors - so if there's a better way of finding that out than creating a line between the 2 and getting its length, then I'm all ears.

Hi Howie,

I think something like

Vec1.subtract(Vec2).length()

Should do the trick

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606

Thank you, that worked a treat!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,524

The exposed members of DzLine3 appear to be:

objectName

origin
    end
    destroyed(QObject*)
    destroyed()
    deleteLater()
    inherits(QString)
    className()
    toString()

So no length() although it iis listed in the API refrence (but not in the DS3 scripting docs, which look more like the actual list of available members). Please bug report this.