Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,145
    edited December 1969

Can DS4.6 set up to be on two monitors?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Yes, but we're currently only up to 4.5.1.6

edited December 1969

Can DS 4.5.1.6 do duel monitor?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,103
    edited December 1969

I dreamt the car windsceen had an inbuilt video screen that superimposed on the view with virtual reality 3D projections on it.
    I accidently loaded my Daz runtime into it and 3D figures kept appearing everywhere obscuring the road as I was driving, then trying to fix it I kept putting up the rear window view.
    I have been spending too much time on my Android tab and it's VR function obviously!!

edited December 1969

silly text to speech video
    using iClone and Genesis in Carrara

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,981
    edited October 2012

...was posting a response thanking tjohn for the complement on my pic when something interesting happened. When I submitted the post, some kind of "auto censorship" routine kicked in altering the post replacing one of the words I used with " [removed] " (quotes mine) which totally altered the context.

The same occurred when I previewed the post as well.

I wrote absolutely nothing objectionable, unless the word "expression" when preceded by the statement "blank or emotionless" has all of a sudden been deemed profane or vulgar.

Magento is acting stupidly weird tonight.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited October 2012

unexpressionless? nonexpression? f%&kexpressionless; inexpression sansexpression trying to figure out exactly WHAT you typed
    I know the f-word gets the uc replaced with 00

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2012

f*** (censored by spyro)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

OOps No it doesn't.

edited December 1969

it did before!
    null void still cannot think of Kyoto's word
    I AM STOOOOOOOPID

edited December 1969

...it just shows to go ya that automated censorship is no substitute for a watchful eye of a real live mod.

edited December 1969

swear word? grabthesoapandwashitout

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Title: Cops and crooks
    Sub-title: ...and how a police-dog is less than useful.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8099034417/in/photostream

8099034417_91a460cd5c_c.jpg
    640 x 800 - 453K
    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited October 2012

...here's the full response complete with quote.

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK, another try at posting the pic from last night.

...hah! It worked.

Leela's elfin tomboy friend Tracey Kyle,

Very natural character. She appears life-like. Congratulations, excellent work.

So many times people pose and shoot characters in 3D and the results look like cheap department store manikins. The promo pics in the Shop are full of that. Sounds like a complaint, but I am pointing out stupid.

Obviously KK, you have been an observer of human attitude and gesture, that makes the difference between 3D renders and 3D art.
    ...thank you.

I often start with a stock pose to get the basic position I want and then alter it. For example in the pic above I actually started with one of the basic Kid poses and made small adjustments to the legs, arms and shoulders as well as turning/tilting the head differently.

A lot of what makes a pose work (or not work) for me is where the eyes are focused. All too often I see what is a well posed character but with a very "blank" or emotionless [removed]which lends to the "mannequin" look). I also do a lot of small things such as posing each eye separately, slightly raising one corner of the mouth a bit more, push the nose to one side a bit, etc. as in RL there is always a slight bit of irregularity in a person's features. With the Gen4 figures I would also introduce slight imperfections in eye and ear position (like one just a bit higher, lower for example). Haven't figured out how to do that with Genesis (yet) as most of the positioning morphs are symmetric.

For years before I became involved in 3D CG, I was involved in traditional drawing and painting. I also studied comic art and classic animation which often stressed a slight bit of exaggeration to develop a more "dynamic" feel (I have the complete Burne Hogarth Dynamic Drawing... series,as well as having studied with a Disney animator who worked on many of the "classics").

...see the second line in the second paragraph of my response. the [removed] marker replaced the word expression.

Magento's "features" like this one are taking the enjoyment out of the forums.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Yes. But be aware that you cannot drag-and-drop panes outside the bounding box of DAZ Studio. You'll need to 'stretch' it if it doesn't fill both monitors if you maximize it. Then adjust where you want the work-area and the panes. Dual monitor set-up is more dependent on your video-card. I once had a Dell with dual cards in SLI, and I had two monitors. But that was years ago.

edited December 1969

ahh sex? emotionless expression?

edited December 1969

nup, that wasn't it!!
    this is driving me nuts!!

edited December 1969

ahh sex? emotionless expression?

If that was the question, then yes is the answer. :bug:

edited December 1969

Yes. But be aware that you cannot drag-and-drop panes outside the bounding box of DAZ Studio. You'll need to 'stretch' it if it doesn't fill both monitors if you maximize it. Then adjust where you want the work-area and the panes. Dual monitor set-up is more dependent on your video-card. I once had a Dell with dual cards in SLI, and I had two monitors. But that was years ago.
    oh yes you can, they must be made undockable though.
    I have EVERY tab open on my two monitors
    just the viewport on one

edited December 1969

I stand corrected. Please make a screenshot as this is one of a few times I'm mistaken.

Ok, now I'm just plain silly. I make mistakes all the time. :)

edited December 1969

nup, that wasn't it!!
    this is driving me nuts!!

... I-II-I can't stand it, I tell you!
    This is driving me SANE!

---My Old Flame
    The Spike Jones Rendition.

edited December 1969

I stand corrected. Please make a screenshot as this is one of a few times I'm mistaken.

I make too many stupid mistakes. I went to sleep without turning the light off. It is now a quarter to three am. I need to get back to sleep.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

not-always-right-199x300.jpg
    199 x 300 - 26K
    edited December 1969

LOL I like that one :)

edited December 1969

On to other news.... News7 that is. I've made quite a serious project out of News7. They now have almost a full cast (Looks like they've been hiring) I've created brand new set of characters, who will be announced soon enough. I'm considering modeling a News broadcast room for Channel 7. And even made a News7 Microphone! It's all happening! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Vicky can loose weight with a twist of a dial. It is just so easy for her. Well she could regain the weight with a twist of another dial. I think Vicky can change her height with a twist of a dial. She wants a tan, she can changer her texture. Want to change her race, there is a preset for that. She wants to be younger, she can do that. She wants to be older, she can do that.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...here's the full response complete with quote.

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK, another try at posting the pic from last night.

...hah! It worked.

Leela's elfin tomboy friend Tracey Kyle,

Very natural character. She appears life-like. Congratulations, excellent work.

So many times people pose and shoot characters in 3D and the results look like cheap department store manikins. The promo pics in the Shop are full of that. Sounds like a complaint, but I am pointing out stupid.

Obviously KK, you have been an observer of human attitude and gesture, that makes the difference between 3D renders and 3D art.

...thank you.

I often start with a stock pose to get the basic position I want and then alter it. For example in the pic above I actually started with one of the basic Kid poses and made small adjustments to the legs, arms and shoulders as well as turning/tilting the head differently.

A lot of what makes a pose work (or not work) for me is where the eyes are focused. All too often I see what is a well posed character but with a very "blank" or emotionless [removed]which lends to the "mannequin" look). I also do a lot of small things such as posing each eye separately, slightly raising one corner of the mouth a bit more, push the nose to one side a bit, etc. as in RL there is always a slight bit of irregularity in a person's features. With the Gen4 figures I would also introduce slight imperfections in eye and ear position (like one just a bit higher, lower for example). Haven't figured out how to do that with Genesis (yet) as most of the positioning morphs are symmetric.

For years before I became involved in 3D CG, I was involved in traditional drawing and painting. I also studied comic art and classic animation which often stressed a slight bit of exaggeration to develop a more "dynamic" feel (I have the complete Burne Hogarth Dynamic Drawing... series,as well as having studied with a Disney animator who worked on many of the "classics").

...see the second line in the second paragraph of my response. the [removed] marker replaced the word expression.

Magento's "features" like this one are taking the enjoyment out of the forums.
    Exactly. The art is in being able to tweak the pose and expression of the character until it is less symmetrical and more like the real world where the only "perfect" things are made by machine. And getting rid of the "dead eyes" problem of CG people is an art in itself.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Anybody seen my energy? It seems to have took off and went fishing or something. It really really needs to come home, I have things I would like to do today... Meh...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just to keep the Stupid in the Stupid....

untitled.png
    300 x 326 - 168K
    stupid-people.jpg
    460 x 441 - 38K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Anybody seen my energy? It seems to have took off and went fishing or something. It really really needs to come home, I have things I would like to do today... Meh...

I was tired this morning but I took a little nap. Oh wait I have Pepsi I can drink to help me for work.

This discussion has been closed.