Content not showing in Content Library

WinthrodWinthrod Posts: 66
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I posted this issue with the help desk last Monday but have had no word from them. So, I'm throwing out to the community and hopefully someone can help me. Below is what I sent to the help desk:

I have at least a couple of items that are not showing up in the Content Library. One of the items is Festive Fantasy for the MFD and the other is Genesis Expressions and Face aniBlocks.

I have extracted the zip file and copied the files to my Daz Content folder.

My folder for content is C:\DazContent

I can see copied files at C:\DazContent\content\Runtime\libraries\Pose\MAT MFD Daio

Some of the files from Festive Fantasy are:
renfest alt trans.png
renfest alt trans.pz2
renfest dress black.png
renfest dress black.pz2
renfest dress red.png
renfest dress red.pz2

Inside DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro 64, and having just downloaded the latest version the other day, I have made C:\DazContent the default directory for DAZ, Poser and Other Import formats directories.

I have told the DAZ Content Library to 'Scan Known Directories for Files...' with all three options checked.

In DAZ Studio Pro 4.5 if I go to view DAZ Studio Formats\DazContent\content\Runtime\libraries\Pose\MAT MFD Daio, the folder containing the Festive Fantasy items is there as a category but there is nothing in the content window. If I right click in the content window and choose 'Browse to File Location...' it takes me to the directory where the Festive Fantasy items are.

I have found that if I do a search for 'renfest' I do not get any returns - it's like Daz Studio just refuses to see them.

Additionally, in my content library I have categories that are showing as having new items in them. But when I go to them there is nothing new in the content window. Even if I tell DAZ Studio to 'Mark Children as Seen' it will still stay highlighted as though there were new items in the category. It seems as though when I re-categorize the items in the content window when there are still new items in the window and move then to a different category then the old category will stay highlighted as though it had new items in it - even if the category is now empty.

In the older versions of DAZ Studio you could make it hide empty categories, how do you get DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro to do that?

Please help!

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited December 1969

I just had a similar problem.

In the DAZ Studio Pro you need to add the directory containing your missing content to the DAZ Content Database configuration under the heading of 'Poser format' content.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

The problem is the extra "Content" folder under "C:\DAZContent" -- move everything under there up one level so it's directly under "C:\DAZContent"