edited December 1969

WHEN is this going to be fixed?

What's wrong with it ?

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Doesn't work

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,792
    edited December 1969

Doesn't work how? At least parts of it work, so you will need to be more explicit about the nature of your problem.

edited October 2012

This was copy/pasted from the bug tracker for trying to fix the Basic Suit from the Supersuit. https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47169

And as someone else confirmed on there, the auto grouping function doesn't work.

As a quick band-aid I did the following:
    1. Download the Supersuit templates from http://www.sharecg.com/v/62282/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Supersuit-Templates. [^]
    2. Load the basic suit and assign the relevent template maps to the diffuse. It becomes clear which areas are incorrect (the back, from the shoulders down to the groin).
    3. Select the 'Polygon Group Editor' tool. In the 'Tools' pane right-click on 'Surfaces' and select 'Create Surface'. I called the new surface '0_Back'.
    4. Hold down control and left-click on every face which appears to be incorrent. When they are all selected right click on them and select 'Polygon Assignment->Assign to Surface->0_Back'.
    5. Apply the template texture BackHead.bmp to the new surface.

I'm sure it's more complicated than this to do the fix properly but hopefully this will help anyone else stuck getting the basic maps assigned until the suit is corrected.

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,792
    edited October 2012

The process works here - I don't recall it's being broken but if it was it is apparently fixed. What do you mean by auto grouping?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Nevermind. Looks like it was fixed. Thanks, Richard.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

I think you got a hold of the wrong end of the stick with regards to my post in the bug report, it was aimed at DAZ to let them know that suggesting that everybody used Jarel's solution was a total no brainer and completely useless for the vast majority of the supersuit owners, and not that the Polygon group editor was broken.

In 4.5.0.114 the auto grouping function that the Transfer Utility and Autofit use, was making a right mess of transferring the group info from the projection templates, I was involved in the bug reporting of it, and the only way to fix the bad grouping was with the polygon group editor, so after regrouping some 20+ outfits I know how it works, which is why I knew that suggestion was a no brainer.