Screen shot 101 help and lighting question

Ripley KingRipley King Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in New Users

First thing, I need a quick lesson in screen shots. I can't get my laptop to give me one, following the computer help file. I'm using windows, vista. I think what my scene would look like would show up in a screen shot. My problem is in a scene I just finished in DAZ 4.0, and I placed two linear point lights in it, One in front of my character (white), and one behind (red). Neither of the lights show up in the render, As far as I can tell all my setting are correct, things are turned on, and other placed lights have worked fine in the past, but not today. Any help would be appreciated.

Test_01.jpg
621 x 509 - 135K
Post edited by Ripley King on

Comments

• Ripley KingRipley King Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Found the snip tool. Now I just need to know why this image doesn't render correctly. The word shadow is to be ignored.

Capture_01.JPG
    1176 x 664 - 158K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Hello TerryFoxxe

Point lights have virtualy no power at all, and will never give you what you want. They are mainly used for candle flames, or single light bulbs. Linear Point Lights are even worse, as they obey the Inverse Square Law, and falloff very quickly. Think of shining a torch/flashlight at the moon (it's never going to get there)

You could go to the Parameters tab, nad turn the intensity up to about 2000%, and then you may even see them.

You would be much better to use a spot light for what you wnat, and adjust the cone, colour and intensity untill you get the look that you want.

• Ripley KingRipley King Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the answer. I'll give it a try.