GoZBrush To DAZStudio don't go.

Gendragon3DGendragon3D Posts: 172
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello everyone!
As I do to configure the plugin "" version: DS4__1.2.6_Win32 to work in Zbrush4R4?
My version of is: .1.6 Win32
When I used the oldest version, .0.114, with the plugin DS4__1.0.3.47_Win32
Zbrush 4.0 old. Did he/she work, kindness, would anybody know how to explain the one what should do?
In the old version, a paste was created automatically by the plugin of ZBrush in the unit "C" in the following way; C:\User\Public\Pixologic \
- Inside of the paste Pixologic, Apps, Brush, jects.
- In the sub-paste Apps, is other paste, . Inside of this paste they are the following files: _Config.txt, or be;
(PATH = "E:\Arquivos of gramas\\4/.exe")
- Soon I lower the files _Config.zsc,
- _Info.txt;
NAME = ""
_VERSION = 1
EXTENSION = ". "
TAMPLATE = " Completes Binary."
LOCATE_COMMAND = "Locate.bat"
EDIT_COMMAND = "BrushTo.exe"

- BrushTo (Application)
- BrushTo.PDB
- Locate (I File in lots of MS-DOS)
- QtCore4.dll

They are these the configurations that were. I don't know as doing an of this since the plugin of ZBrush4R4 is with link broken or inexistent, I continue with the version of the old plugin of ZBrush 4.0.

I think I complicated too much in the question. My sincere excuses, but didn't I get a shortcut that doubt? At once I thank that it is the hero to decipher this.
Excuses bad English.

My best regards!

Anderson Soares

GoZ.jpg
796 x 597 - 180K

Comments

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,382
    edited October 2012

I also noticed that GoZ was not working lately after installing 4R4.

For me the problem was solved by doing what was suggested by Totyo on the Pixologic Forum:

"Try to remove your Users\Public\Pixologic folder (or backup it), then do a reinstall of ZBrush 4R4. You can do it to a temporary folder when choosing the installation path, then simply delete the ZBrush 4R4 fresh new folder when the installation is done (don't do an uninstall process). It will install GoZ and won't affect your current installation of ZBrush. "

Source:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?172036-Need-Help-with-Go-Z

- - -

For me it worked to only delete the folder

C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZBrush

I left the folder

C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps

untouched

because I noticed that GoZ for DS4.5 seems to be installed inside there.

- - -

After having done that zbrush 4R4 is working again with DAZStudio_4.5.1.6_Win64.

- - -

Because english is not our native language I added the whole process step by step so it is hopefully more understandable what to do:

1) Delete the folder C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZBrush
    2) Install a second version of zbrush 4R4 into a random folder
    3) Delete the random folder with the just installed zbrush 4R4 version

- - -

The whole reason for doing this is to remove conflicting files in the C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZBrush folder andn to reinstall a new version of just GoZ with leaving the original zbrush 4R4 installation untouched. The GoZ files are automatically installed into C:\Users\Public\Pixologic

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • Gendragon3DGendragon3D Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

Ok! Thanks very much for help for all.

Regards!

Anderson

• magbhitumagbhitu Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

hum - i just tried this advice, but got the same behavior. The 'send to zbrush button' from Daz works but the return GoZ from Zbrush to Daz always opens a new version of Daz and makes a new object instead of updating Genesis. Any suggestions? I did just update to Zbrush 4r4 P2 - but it was giving me the same broken DAZ behavior before that.

i'm going to try a zbrush reinstall again and this time let to rebuild the C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps\DAZStudio64 dir also

edited December 1969

Well a complete unistall/reinstall of Daz aftewards did the trick. Though i had to copy the Dazstudio65 folder to users/public/pixologic/gozapps from my backup because the reinstall didn't create that dir even though the GoZ for DAZ was reinstalled. Expect a few crashes of zbrush till it works itself out.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,382
    edited October 2012

magbhitu said:
    Well a complete unistall/reinstall of Daz aftewards did the trick. Though i had to copy the Dazstudio65 folder to users/public/pixologic/gozapps from my backup because the reinstall didn't create that dir even though the GoZ for DAZ was reinstalled. Expect a few crashes of zbrush till it works itself out.

Glad that some things worked out for you.

I did some testing myself and got this result:

- - -

I tried sending some morphs back and forth and noticed the following things:

- Sending Genesis from DS4.5 to Zbrush 4R4 - works.
    - Sending created morph from Zbrush 4R4 back to DS4.5 in the same session - works.

- Sending created Genesis morph from Zbrush 4R4 back to DS4.5 in a later session - DS4.5 crashes. Repeated - same result.

I cannot tell if this is new behavior or related to the problem of the thread starter.
    I did not notice this earler because I always made some small changes and did never work on a morph on mutiple sessions.
    Maybe it is just me overlooking some settings or not understanding basic functionalty of GoZ.

But then still I do not get it. Genesis is Genesis. Why can the same morph not be sent back in a later session with a new Genesis in the scene if all values of Genesis stay the same?

I post here a link to a thread with many zbrush DS4 related tutorials:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6483/

Maybe some answers to similar problems are covered there by going through it all step by step.

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited December 1969

Hello Magbhitu!
    I contacted with Pixologic informing the problem.
    The note that sent me, was the following and gave right;

If you currently have ZBrush 4.0, 4R2 or 4R2b activated on your computer, please deactivate it before installing 4R4. This i done by launching ZBrush and using the Zplugin>Deactivation>Web Deactivation button. To avoid confusion, I also recommend deleting any existing desktop or dock shortcuts before installing 4R4.

If you have version 4R3 installed, you of NOT need to deactivate it before upgrading to 4R4. However, if you intend to uninstall 4R3 I recommend that you of the alone before installing 4R4. Otherwise, GoZ will not work correctly after uninstalling 4R3.

---------------------------

Notice goes PC users: If you plows running Windows XP, OF NOT UPGRADE. Due to advancements in ZBrush, Windows XP i in the longer supported.

---------------------------

I've just had Cleverbridge refresh your download link for another 14 days. You'll receive an email from them within the next few minutes containing both your download link and your serial number to uses goes Web Activation.

NOTICE: The link will still say it i goes an earlier version of ZBrush 4.x but clicking it will deliver the 4R4 stand-alone installer.

After installing 4R4 please run ZUpgrader, found in your 4R4 folder. This will update your installation with adds bug fasten. It's easiest to of the this before you activate 4R4.

Make a backup or copy the paste Users of your unit C:
    Because there I counted the information for Daz to turn with ZBrush.
    After obtaining the installation of ZBrush, according to instructions above,
    Begin ZBrush, updated version, remember before copying the paste "GoZApps"
    inside of C:\Users\Public\Pixologic.
    Note: only copy inside of the paste "GoZApps" the paste: DAZStudio.
    The files contained in the paste are in the illustration soon above that I posted previously.
    Made this, after opening ZBrush, go in preference, seek soon lower for "GoZ and click in it "forces reinstall". A search will be begun automatically. If he/she has luck, he/she will appear the road of the executable of your DAZ STUDIO. Remember that the plug-in only works with the last version supplied by Daz3D.
    I wait to have helped. Sorry my english.

Regards!

Anderson - Gedonia

edited December 1969

thanks Gedonia the instructions you posted are pretty much what i did (i think).

@linvanchene - what your describing has also happened to me. i think you pretty much only have that one chance to use the communication between Z and DAZ. closing either out means you have to start fresh from Daz again.

wish i knew what broke the plugin in the first place. it had been working fine with ZB4r4 previously. having to reinstall both is a drag.

but when things work though - it's awesome! I'm going to be using this pipeline in the Annual 24-hour Comic's Day tomorrow.

edited December 1969

See you soon friends of the forum. Here everything went well.
    Another thing, is that after lowering Zbrush 4R4, inside of the paste where was installed, "C:\Arquivos of programas\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R4", a called application exists; ZUpgrader.exe of 6.17MB. It will be necessary to do an Upgrade through him for everything to be ok!
    Here everything worked again. Always make backups of your pastes "databases"
    that it is located in " programas\DAZ C:\Arquivos 3D\Content Management Service." Every time that "Smart Content" not to show anything, go until the menu to begin of the windows Xp (in my case) chooses Daz - Content Management Service - and click in " Start DAZ Content Management Service" Open Daz again.
    This application is turning in "DOS" and close without further ado, for that, the content disappears the times, mainly when we installed something new. Good Bye and thanks!

Gedonia.

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

magbhitu said:
    hum - i just tried this advice, but got the same behavior. The 'send to zbrush button' from Daz works but the return GoZ from Zbrush to Daz always opens a new version of Daz and makes a new object instead of updating Genesis.

Just in case someone encounter this problem, which seems to be very common, Google search seems to suggest the issue is as old as Marc 2012...

Mine is DSPro 4.5.1.6, installed Daz 4R4 yesterday. So I had same issue above with GoZ sending back to Daz, launching a new Daz and no update Genesis window. I tried a round of Preference>GoZ>path to applications, clear cache etc, didn't solve the problem.

After some research this is what I did - close Daz, close Zbrush and relaunch Zbrush, go to Preference>GoZ, press Force Reinstall, exit Zbrush, restart system. After that start Daz, GoZ genesis, brushes a bit, GoZ back, and voila I can choose to update Genesis with the new morph/UV/material options again.

edited December 1969

Through ZBrush4R4 open, go to preferences and Goz, click on it and search for the exe to reinstall Daz Studio plugin and recognize Daz Studio to ZBrush. This worked in all programs compatible with Goz, How Cinema4D, Maya etc.