add brick to shader

DrPingyDrPingy Posts: 78

It is possible with a script to add a shader brick to the shader and connect this with different shader bricks?

I have added a new property (DzFloatProperty) to the surface pane. It is shown in a pane. But the shader ignores that.

And i don't kown how to connect that.

If yes, is sample available?

Post edited by DrPingy on

Comments

• A Shader Mixer shader or a compiled RSL shader? In Shader Mixer you can add a new brick for whatever the property is controlling (which could be done via script if you are wanting to distribute a change to as ahder you didn't write) but adding a new function to an existing, compiled RSL shader is not possible.

• DrPingyDrPingy Posts: 78

I will do this: Add a horizontal and vertical tiles to an existing shader. For example I select in surfaces pane the torso and add new tilers. Than I set the cutoff opacity to one tiling and the material to an other.

In shader mixer it is simple, I import the material, add a user parameter, add a surface tiling brick and set the connections. But there are a lot of connections (I love spagetti coding, but I have no time). So I want to write a script.

• Well, as far as I know it is possible inprinciple - the presets for sahders, including Shader Mixer shaders, used to be scripts. However it's not an area I have looked at in depth. I would suggest saving on of the deprecated script-based Shader presets for a Shader Mixer shader and looking at that.