WHAT THE $%#@ HAPPENED??? Bryce lost my scenes my materials, everything

2»

Comments

• Rowan54Rowan54 Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Well good luck things get even stranger when you get into the realm of Studio 4 and 4.5. For example in the yearly PA giveaway one of the giveaways was some studio presets for Genesis. Someone asked if it would work on Studio 4. Since Genesis came about in Studio 4 and since the presets were made for Genesis I respond that since it was made for Genesis it probably would work in Studio 4. Imagine my surprise when that person asking reported back after trying, that the presets used file types that don’t open in 4 but do open in 4.5. I was even more surprised to find out from the maker of the presets that he never even tried to make them workable for Studio 4 because he was planning on selling them intially and so felt it was more important to focus on the latest version of Studio

ARGH!

Possibly one of the reasons I am still using DS3....I know where I am at and what would work with what.
    I'm using things from Victoria 1 onwards, from various sites and vendors, lots of stuff that's for Poser.
    Mostly Bryce for the backgrounds, render figures in Studio and do paste-ups in Photoshop. Stuff I'm doing is a little complicated to get all in one scene at once, most of the time.

If you're curious as to what I'm doing -- here's the link. Got into this in 2007, started posting pages in 2008. Story likely to go for another 100 chapters at the pace I'm setting. And stuff has to stay consistent (pretty much) from beginning to end.
    http://www.mausershooters.org/rowan/novel.html

Anyhow, I need to go do some tests on DS4 this morning and see what it does/does not do. I haven't downloaded 4.5 yet, either. At least, I think I didn't....that'd make an interesting day if that is that different....