Some morph help

seeker273seeker273 Posts: 449
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi, I'm completely and utterly confused on the way the DS morph system works so I'd like your advice on something.
I'm in love with the way you can dial in different characters with the shaping sliders and I'd like to know how to add more morphs there.
Let me explain myself. I've got a 3rd party genesis character that I can inject to my model. What I want to know is if I can add it to the shaping tab so I can have it always available and dial in as much as I want without having to inject it all the time.
I know that this can be done with Generation X for older Gen3 and 4 morphs but how can I do it with genesis morphs?
I hope I didn't confuse you, my English are a little lacking ;)

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Before trying to figure out if you need to do anything...look in the Parameters tab, it may be there, instead of under Shaping.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

If by 3rd party character you mean a character preset that dials up several different morphs, then you would need to create a Master Control dial, one that has no morph delta info, and ERC it to all of the other dials.

If it's a single morph rather than a collection of morphs, then chances are it's "Presentation data" has been done poorly, and it's Content type hasn't been set to "Modifier/Shape".

• seeker273seeker273 Posts: 449
    edited December 1969

I just checked and I can't find the morph anywhere. This is the morph as INJected from the content library. It affects both the face and body.
    I was wondering, if a custom face is a collection of morph dials and not an outside morph can it be placed permanently in the shaping dials as a whole? For example, if the face I used in the image is .5 V5 and .6 A4, can I just have a dial that affects them simultaneously and gives this result?

1.jpg
    874 x 913 - 122K
  • seeker273seeker273 Posts: 449
    edited October 2012

Bejaymac said:
    If by 3rd party character you mean a character preset that dials up several different morphs, then you would need to create a Master Control dial, one that has no morph delta info, and ERC it to all of the other dials.

If it's a single morph rather than a collection of morphs, then chances are it's "Presentation data" has been done poorly, and it's Content type hasn't been set to "Modifier/Shape".

Sorry, just saw your post after posting my message :red: That's one of the things I'm really curious to find out how to make. Is it too difficult to create a Master Control Dial or change the morphs content type? Also, is there a way to only see the non zero dials?

Post edited by seeker273 on