A complaint, a temp fix, and a fix request .....

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

In the past with Poser, and now with Daz Studio 4.5xxx I found a fun little project making animated characters run around my Desktop. First with the MSAgents, then using DesktopX, and now I have a Win7 computer and the System Animator Gadget .... The problem I'm having with the Gadgets is that while I can use (.png) files, it falls back on the old .bmp rules and I get an ugly pink outline .... My guess is that it's some sort of anti-aliasing to help smooth the outline. There's a somewhat easy fix using Paint.NET, a pluggin called Armegeddon Tools has a AlphaWorks tool that can "Contrast" the alpha ... making it dissappear. I would hope (since we're still developing) that it might be possible to fix this in the DS4.5 UI, maybe as a click button or slider in the Render Settings, as though I do have a fix, when you get to 150-200 frames it's still a tedious process, even with keyboard shortcuts .....

!ugly-pink.jpg
472 x 570 - 114K

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Hmm, when this was brought up a few years ago, it was claimed it's actually a 3Delight issue. I'd guess it's a Pixel samples issue. Try rendering with a background that is more muted, grey 128 should work well most of the time.
    Or scale the first render horizontally, only very slightly bigger, and place it as background and render as png or tiff, that way you'll get antialiasing samples from it which will be of (about) the correct colour.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,792
    edited December 1969

The issue is "pre multiplication" of the semi-opaque areas - the rendered element's colour is multiplied with the background colour, which makes it blend in better on that colour but makes it stand out on others. I would make a feature request for an option to have an unmultiplied alpha render option.