Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 3 / Tan Lines For G3F and V7 UV Sets (Commercial)

Comments

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    cosmo71 said:
    cosmo71 said:

Find them here :

http://www.daz3d.com/wet-and-tanned-skins-for-genesis-3

http://www.daz3d.com/tan-lines-for-genesis-3-female-and-victoria-7

http://www.daz3d.com/so-wet-bundle-for-genesis-3

Wet and Tanned Skins For Genesis 3 is a complete solution for rendering many skin tones, from pale to tanned and many wet looks, from dry to very wet. Well the title could have been "Vary from dry to wet and from pale or tanned the skins for Genesis 3, but it was obviously too long). Of course it is compatible with males and females.

This relies on a new shader made in shader mixer especially developped to reach a wide range of tone thanks to additional Hue, Saturation and Lightness controls, and allowing the possibility to include tan lines.

To make is simple and efficient, it works as "materials", meaning that you select the figure and double click a preset or a tool, and all skin / lips / nails will be treated all together. For users of Genitalia, you will find a script which will transfert the skins properties to the Genitalia surfaces.

As usually it has been developped to make everybody happy : tons (TONS!!!) of presets (skin tans / skins wet looks) for the beginners or advanced users in a hurry, and smart managers (tune skin yourself) documented within the manager scripts and in a pdf documentation for advanced users and professionals. Concerning the skin tan/ tones, there are 17 "families" of skin tones with, in each family, 9 tan levels (varying progressively from no tan to strong tan), with 2 suboptions for all presets (more or less brown skin).

Tan lines is an Addon for wet and tanned skins which is available separately. This is a collection of tan line patterns (from very very small bikinis to monokinis, shorts, tee shirts). The tan lines strength (visibility) can be controlled with a single dial from the surfaces editor tab, or using a dedicated interface. For now the tan lines are provided for Genesis 3 Base female UV sets, and Victoria 7 UV sets. You can try on other Genesis 3 females : depending on the tan line type and the figure you try, it may work pretty well.

I decided to link these two different products in a single topic, as well as in a bundle, the "So Wet! Bundle For Genesis 3", which will include Wet and Tanned Skins For Genesis 3, Tan Lines For Genesis 3 Base Female and Victoria 7, and Drips and Drops For Genesis 3 Female(s). I'll make a different post for Drips and Drops.

The idea behind all that is to have the "full package" for summer or action scenes, or even sports scenes : The shader (from pale to tanned from dry to wet presets), the tan lines, and the additional drops running on the body.

Of course, feel free to use this topic for questions, worries, comments, feedback and render sharing

well, that all looks very usefull and I would buy all these products, unfortunatelly I do not render in Iray, so no match for me, sorry.

I understand. I was considering making an "Amazing Skins For Genesis 3" which allows to make tanned skins for 3Delight (amongst other things) but I'm really hesitating because it is not clear at all if many people still use 3Delight.

well, a tanlines working with a geometric shell and for 3Delight I have, I need wet and sweat body effects working for g3f and g3m for 3Delight or I need some tips for values after converting these products into DS Default shaders, I have a wet body tool for Iray I have converted into DS Default and with some fixed values it is not bad but also not perfect sad

OK understood. Well that was not the original purpose of the 3Delight Amazing Skins for Genesis 3, but I keep this in a corner of my head when (if) I'll develop it.

But I need it as a geometric shell so I can use it on my character with my edited skin

• ogimusogimus Posts: 39

Hello,

There was an update for this today, can you please let us know what was in the update?

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,105
    ogimus said:

Hello,

There was an update for this today, can you please let us know what was in the update?

Hello Ogimus. I was not aware that there was an update... I have not submitted any update (even if I wrote an update so that the product ask you to unparent the figure if a figure is parented)...

I'm gonna have a look at this, I let you know if I found out what happened.

• Jack238Jack238 Posts: 117
    ogimus said:

Hello,

Hello Ogimus. I was not aware that there was an update... I have not submitted any update (even if I wrote an update so that the product ask you to unparent the figure if a figure is parented)...

You probably already know but there was an update for the Wet and Tanned Skins for Genesis 2 also.

Jack238 said:
    ogimus said:

Hello,

You probably already know but there was an update for the Wet and Tanned Skins for Genesis 2 also.

Hello Jack,

You are right, I made an update of the Genesis 2 a few weeks ago, because with the various 4.9 updates, at the end, the figures turned out really too reddish instead of tanned. I had to find a new compromise for 4.8 and 4.9, and when this was done, I submitted an update. I asked that the reason for the update and the date was mentionned in the product page.

In general, when I submit an update, I ask the documentation page to be updated with what I made as an update and also telling the month of the update. (for instance in the Genesis 2 example : http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/22549/start, at the end, you have the date and what I did in the update I submitted).

For Genesis 3 version, no idea. And I don't dare to download the update now, because I need to backup my own product "the way it is before the update" to try and compare. I don't know, maybe they have included the readMe pdf in the package, because I think I submitted the readMe too late to be packaged and it was only on the documentation page, not in the downloaded package (I think). Well this is a pure hypothesis, but for now this is the only thing that I imagine update. Or maybe the metadata were updated differently? I don't know but on my side, even if I'm very tired by the ("very nice") project I'm working on for all of you, I'm approximately sure I submitted nothing :)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    Jack238 said:
    ogimus said:

Hello,

Hello Jack,

You are right, I made an update of the Genesis 2 a few weeks ago, because with the various 4.9 updates, at the end, the figures turned out really too reddish instead of tanned. I had to find a new compromise for 4.8 and 4.9, and when this was done, I submitted an update. I asked that the reason for the update and the date was mentionned in the product page.

In general, when I submit an update, I ask the documentation page to be updated with what I made as an update and also telling the month of the update. (for instance in the Genesis 2 example : http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/22549/start, at the end, you have the date and what I did in the update I submitted).

For Genesis 3 version, no idea. And I don't dare to download the update now, because I need to backup my own product "the way it is before the update" to try and compare. I don't know, maybe they have included the readMe pdf in the package, because I think I submitted the readMe too late to be packaged and it was only on the documentation page, not in the downloaded package (I think). Well this is a pure hypothesis, but for now this is the only thing that I imagine update. Or maybe the metadata were updated differently? I don't know but on my side, even if I'm very tired by the ("very nice") project I'm working on for all of you, I'm approximately sure I submitted nothing :)

Oh, tell me more; I won't tell anyone else of course. :)

nicstt said:
    Jack238 said:
    ogimus said:

Hello,

Hello Jack,

ROFL!!

I'm sorry nicstt, if it depended only on me I would tell you. But this one is a collaboration project with another artist. On my side, I invested 2 months of work on it, but on his side, he invested 6 months (I think he began in june and this is not over), so he is very careful with communication in order to protect his "6 months of hard work". I can understand his fears, and I will communicate on this only the day of the release of the product. Even if I would really feel like telling... What I can say is that it is NOT about skin shading (even if I have some development work on the subject)... The rest I was asked to... keep it secret...

Hello people!

Well I just had the answer that I wanted. The latest update is a minor update, either to fix a connect issue or, more probably, to udpate some things in the metadata. This update was so minor that nothing has been specified in the ReadMe.

I hope it helps.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    nicstt said:
    Jack238 said:
    ogimus said:

Hello,

Hello Jack,

ROFL!!

I'm sorry nicstt, if it depended only on me I would tell you. But this one is a collaboration project with another artist. On my side, I invested 2 months of work on it, but on his side, he invested 6 months (I think he began in june and this is not over), so he is very careful with communication in order to protect his "6 months of hard work". I can understand his fears, and I will communicate on this only the day of the release of the product. Even if I would really feel like telling... What I can say is that it is NOT about skin shading (even if I have some development work on the subject)... The rest I was asked to... keep it secret...

Ha! I understand; it would so suck having all the work impacted by a casual (or not) comment.

Looking forward to hearing about it.

edited December 2016
    nicstt said:
    nicstt said:
    Jack238 said:
    ogimus said:

Hello,

Hello Jack,

ROFL!!

Ha! I understand; it would so suck having all the work impacted by a casual (or not) comment.

Looking forward to hearing about it.

Thanks for your understanding :)

Well it is not submitted yet... Soon I hope... The work for my friend is huge, and now he's giving the final touches to everything.

edit : well so am I, but with script, this is never over, there is always something you can add or enhance...

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • Hello!

I bought this plugin and I love it.

But, I have a problem.

Skin becomes bad color when I use the wet function only.

I mean skin is kinda darker and blue color.

I tried to change shader.

But, I don't understand about that well.

So, it would be worse.

How can I resolve this?

Please help me.

I attach two pictures.

The first one is dry skin.

The second one is wet skin.

Thank you,

Alex Smith

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 17.20.59.png
    1388 x 1538 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 17.28.13.png
    1402 x 1572 - 1M

Hello Alex,

yes the skin tones change because the base shader is no more Iray Uber, it is a specific shader. From what I see in your images, you should be able to correct it by changing two things. For this, select all the "Skin-Lips-Nails" surfaces using the surface selection tool, and in the Surfaces Tab / Editor :

1. Try to change the color associated to "Base Color" for something a little bit more orange-warm

2. If not enough, change the color associated to the "SSS reflectance tint" to something a little bit more warm too. Take care this is a very sensitive parameter, and this is what will adjust the color the most drastically.

If you want to go faster, select your figure and double click on "g3wt 01 tan !manager" which gives you a direct access to all the parameters influencing the skin tone (not the wet look, but the global tone), among them, the two I mentionned above, but you can play with the other ones.

Let me know if it helps you reaching the skin tone you want.

• Hello V3Digitimes,

Thank you for your effective advices!

It worked!

Thank you so much!

Hello V3Digitimes,

Thank you for your effective advices!

It worked!

Thank you so much!

You're welcome! Have fun with the wet skins now :)

• I love the product and have been very happy with it. I did encounter something strange when I add a "wet" look to the Ktarya Elf character as it removes the color from the character.  The two images are the same with only the differenc being that I added a "wet" look to the figure using "Wet Skins Only I", "Wet Options A05_HDR", and then turned the "Wet Film Off" using the "Wet Manager".  This was not the look I was going for and would like to keep the orignal greenish color of the skin when added a "wet" look to the figure.  I guess I don't understand how the wet look is applied.  I thought it added a layer on top of the figure that provided the wet look but didn't do anything to the underlying surface.  Any help on how to troubleshoot this and get the greenish hue to the character while adding the wet look would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Portrait - Ktarya Elf - Dry Skin.jpg
    1268 x 713 - 84K
    Portrait - Ktarya Elf - Wet Skin.jpg
    1268 x 713 - 99K
  • Hello Haddixx! Thanks for your nice feedback.

The whole shader is an hand made shader mixer shader and indeed changes the underlying settings. It was necessary for consistency of results reasons. Wet look and tan are very separated in this product, "almost" independant from each other.

From what I see in your images, in your case of figure I would select the figure and double click on the "G3WT 01 tan !manager.dse" file.

It will pop up an interface to handle the color of the figure. In the "Adjust Skin Tone" part of this interface, I would play in the first time on the two first color proposed, and  would change the "Base Color" to something more greenish, like : (201, 239, 176), and the "SSS reflectance tint" to something more greenish too, like (225, 241, 204). I tried on one figure and I reach a skin tone close to the one you are looking for on the left image.

You can try variations on the colors I propose to you and I think you could reach your goal. When your goal is reached in term of skin tone you can if you want refine the wet look using either the wet look presets, or the Wet manager - g3wt 02 wet !manager.dse - (and eventually bump manager - g3wt 03 bump !manager - )

Let me know if it is OK for you, if not feel free to ask me for more help! But in brief : Tan manager for the tone, Wet manager for the wet look are good help!

• Thank you so much for the brief tutorial.  I haven't touched the tan manger portion of the tool but understand its usefulness now.  I'll give you're recommendation a try.  Appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

• Haddixx said:

Thank you so much for the brief tutorial.  I haven't touched the tan manger portion of the tool but understand its usefulness now.  I'll give you're recommendation a try.  Appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

You are welcome!

My products are a little bit like my children. I like people who work with them to be happy and proud...This is why I try to always answer as fast as possible.

Let me know if you don't manage to reach your goal... and if you manage too by the way :)

• PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533

I am not doing well with this, I can get tan lines ok, but the shading of the untanned areas is odd - can I access the shading to change it independantly? Also, I seem only to get a small difference in the lightness of tanned and untanned areas.

edited January 2018
    Patroklos said:

I am not doing well with this, I can get tan lines ok, but the shading of the untanned areas is odd - can I access the shading to change it independantly? Also, I seem only to get a small difference in the lightness of tanned and untanned areas.

The tan slider does just "desaturate" the "pre-saturated" image maps of the skin. The rest of the shader does not change, only the saturation of the map where the skin is not tanned. There are a few tips I can give to you when adjusting the tan to get a better "untanned" look.

---> First, don't push the tan line strength too high. This should never exceed the "Saturation Change Strength" property which you can find in "HSV Management" part of the surface tab.. Otherwise you desaturate not only the shader , but also the original image maps themselves. If you use the G3WT 05 !!Tan Line Strength Manager script, the maximum value is written in the text just above the dial, and I would advise to set the strenght at least a bit lower than this value.

---> Second thing is the base tan option itself. In order to get a wider variety of possible tans, I added a thin film to the skin - and this is here by default. It looks great on fully tanned skins, but on skins with tan lines, it is better to set it OFF, because it alterates the untanned skin tone in a negative way. The file you can use to switch it of is in the Wet and Tanned skins and is "G3WT 01 Tan Base Thin Film OFF". Just double click on it.

---> Last thing is that you can also change the hue, either of the whole figure, or just of the untanned part. Most of the time in the presets it is not or only slightly used. To change the  hue of the whole figure, select "Skin-Lips-Nails" in the surfaces editor, and hit in the "Enter Text To filter by" textline at the top of the Surfaces editor the text "Hue". You will see two properties : Hue change strength, and Hue Change Base Hue. You must set a positive strength and a then try different color. If you want this hue change to occur only on the untanned part, then you have to copy the maps used on the "Tan Lines" property on the "Hue change Strength" (Map Manager can do this if you have it). This way the modifications on the hue will be applied only on the untanned part (you can do the same for the lightness if you really need to, but then the base tanned skin might look too dark). I join an image for this last part. edit : please use lower values as the ones as show in my image!

For the lightness this should be uniform as it is, but our perception may be that it is not because of the contrast (white on pale contrasts less than white on dark).

Let me know if this help, if not feel free to come back here again to solve this together.

changeHueOnUntannedParts.jpg
    1155 x 884 - 272K
  • mats76mats76 Posts: 289

Any chance this will be relased for G8 or uppdated for G8; I hope I hope smiley 

• mats76 said:

Is it not working? The UVs are the same, so in principle it should.

edited July 2018
    mats76 said:

Working presently on a much better (IMHO) version for Genesis 8. The entire brick network has been recreated and improved. In the new version you will also be able to customize the tan line hue and lightness, without touching the original tan, which was previously not possible. A totally new "wet layer" has also been added to the network, whereas previously the shader top coat was used. So now it does not touch at all the gloss/specular/top coat/ base settings, and add a new wet layer from which you can drive more properties.

edit : and I'm adding a single "management interface" with tabs (Tan/Wet/Lines)... under construction... instead of having several small managers. But I keep the presets and partial presets in addition.

It's not working on G8 because of the scripts (limited to G3, but this is not the issue, this could have been updated) and MAINLY because of the changes made to Iray Uber in the meantime, such as, for instance but this is not fundamental the SSS Mode - and the correlated changes to all the transmission/scattering settings, but and essentially the introduction of the Dual Lobe Specular, which did not exist in my brick network, and which does exist now. I had a look at how to use the previous shader on G8, and finally the result were so poor, and it was so hard to reach some "converters" that handled all the cases of figure, that I re-made the whole brick network to take into account the new Iray Uber and to simplify the whole conversion process, making it much more robust to original shader properties variations.

• mats76 said:

Working presently on a much better (IMHO) version for Genesis 8. The entire brick network has been recreated and improved. In the new version you will also be able to customize the tan line hue and lightness, without touching the original tan, which was previously not possible. A totally new "wet layer" has also been added to the network, whereas previously the shader top coat was used. So now it does not touch at all the gloss/specular/top coat/ base settings, and add a new wet layer from which you can drive more properties.

edit : and I'm adding a single "management interface" with tabs (Tan/Wet/Lines)... under construction... instead of having several small managers. But I keep the presets and partial presets in addition.

It's not working on G8 because of the scripts (limited to G3, but this is not the issue, this could have been updated) and MAINLY because of the changes made to Iray Uber in the meantime, such as, for instance but this is not fundamental the SSS Mode - and the correlated changes to all the transmission/scattering settings, but and essentially the introduction of the Dual Lobe Specular, which did not exist in my brick network, and which does exist now. I had a look at how to use the previous shader on G8, and finally the result were so poor, and it was so hard to reach some "converters" that handled all the cases of figure, that I re-made the whole brick network to take into account the new Iray Uber and to simplify the whole conversion process, making it much more robust to original shader properties variations.

Thank you, that's good news.

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289
    mats76 said:

Thank you for your fast reply, that is good news indeed. Best of luck with the project, I will pick it up as soon as it hits the store.

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited November 2020

Yikes, necroposting to surface a little problem, no doubt due to my own incompetence.

First off, I love this set!

I had a wet/tan surface on a G3 figure. It worked fine.  Decided I wanted to swap out the underlying skin, and then tried to re-apply wet-and-tan.  I'm getting an error no matter what I try.

The tail of the log file looks like this:

2020-11-07 11:54:40.000 Loading script: D:/Rendering/Studio_Libraries/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3/Materials/Wet And Tanned Skins/G3WT 00 Apply Wet And Tanned Skins II.dse

2020-11-07 11:54:40.007 WARNING: Script Error: Line 132

2020-11-07 11:54:40.007 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'oObject' [null] is not an object.

2020-11-07 11:54:40.015 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@D:/Rendering/Studio_Libraries/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3/Materials/Wet And Tanned Skins/G3WT 00 Apply Wet And Tanned Skins II.dse:132

2020-11-07 11:54:40.016 Error in script execution: D:/Rendering/Studio_Libraries/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3/Materials/Wet And Tanned Skins/G3WT 00 Apply Wet And Tanned Skins II.dse

2020-11-07 11:55:44.376 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0

I'm making sure both the figure and the texture set are selected in their respective panels.  I tried turning the G3 character into a solid texture, thinking that some prior version of the skin might be dangling a reference.  When I re-applied the skin texture, I got the same result :-(

I've also stopped and restarted DAZ to clear up any dangling pointers.  Not sure where to go from here :-(

-- 3W

Edit: I just realized this started as a G3F product discussion. I'm dealing with G3M.

Post edited by Three Wishes on

Yikes, necroposting to surface a little problem, no doubt due to my own incompetence.

First off, I love this set!

I had a wet/tan surface on a G3 figure. It worked fine.  Decided I wanted to swap out the underlying skin, and then tried to re-apply wet-and-tan.  I'm getting an error no matter what I try.

The tail of the log file looks like this:

2020-11-07 11:54:40.000 Loading script: D:/Rendering/Studio_Libraries/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3/Materials/Wet And Tanned Skins/G3WT 00 Apply Wet And Tanned Skins II.dse

2020-11-07 11:54:40.007 WARNING: Script Error: Line 132

2020-11-07 11:54:40.007 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'oObject' [null] is not an object.

2020-11-07 11:54:40.015 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@D:/Rendering/Studio_Libraries/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3/Materials/Wet And Tanned Skins/G3WT 00 Apply Wet And Tanned Skins II.dse:132

2020-11-07 11:54:40.016 Error in script execution: D:/Rendering/Studio_Libraries/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3/Materials/Wet And Tanned Skins/G3WT 00 Apply Wet And Tanned Skins II.dse

2020-11-07 11:55:44.376 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0

I'm making sure both the figure and the texture set are selected in their respective panels.  I tried turning the G3 character into a solid texture, thinking that some prior version of the skin might be dangling a reference.  When I re-applied the skin texture, I got the same result :-(

I've also stopped and restarted DAZ to clear up any dangling pointers.  Not sure where to go from here :-(

-- 3W

Edit: I just realized this started as a G3F product discussion. I'm dealing with G3M.

Happy you love this set. Sad you have an issue. No problem for posting here, the scripts are very similar for G3F and G3M.

As mentionned in the log file, you have an error line 132, which is the line where I go from the selected object to the shapes to grab the surfaces. It sees no object. The object corresponds to the first element selected in the scene, so make sure that you select G3M, only G3M and nothing else, and, if G3M is parented to something, unparent it.

I just re tested the apply you mention, and there is no issue. What you have to do to make things 100% sure is:

1. close Daz Studio

2. Open Daz Studio

3. In the fresh new scene, load a Genesis 3 Male figure

4. Apply, if necessary, the texture set (the material set) you want on your G3M

5. Go to wet and tanned skins folder

6. SELECT G3M AND ONLY G3M, in the scene tab, G3M must be unparented if it was parented to something (I think it is a constraint I had on this old product). The best way is to select is to double click on G3M.

7. Launch the script to apply the wet skin you mentioned.

Let me know if there is an issue. Because what the error means here is that when the script looks at the first element selected in the scene (the top parent of your first selected node), it sees an element in the scene which has no object (for instance a null, a camera, etc). Yet G3M is (has) an object, so the selected element is probably not G3M.

I join here a script where you will have the name of the selected element when you try to launch the script. If it does not give you the name of your G3M figure, then it comes from your selection. Otherwise, let me know what it shows as the name. In order to use it, once your selection is made, simply drag and drop it in your scene BUT not on something, drag and drop it "in the empty space" of the viewport. A message box will appear telling you what is seen as the element it must work on for the script.

This will let me know if the issue is a selection issue (or a parenting of the figure).

dse
    dse
    debug1WhatIsSelected.dse
    480B
  • Bingo!  He's parented to a group.

That never would have occurred to me in a million years.

Thank you so much for the quick response  heart

- 3W

edited November 2020

Yes I'm sorry about that, it is an old script and on that time I climbed the nodes hierachy instead of simply grabbing the skeleton. Which explained why if your figure is parented the final bone the script considers that the figure is the parent....

I'm glad to see the solution was so easy and that now you can play with it:)

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952

Hi...I'm behind in the game here.  Just coming back after a long time.  I have a lot of stuff prior to genesis 3, but recently started to try and move things to genesis 3 (ignoring genesis 8 for now).   So that said.

I purchased Wet and Tanned for Genesis 3 along with TanLines for females and males. 

I really like the product.  I was wonder though how I could lighten the tanline part.  I can't tell much of a difference between what is tanned and what isn't tanned.  On the pic, the figure on the left is wet and tanned along with a tan line.  On the right, is wet and tanned, but I used another tan line product.  Now this is too much, but did it this way for contrast.   I can clearly see the difference.

Is there a way to lighten up the tanline part?  I see a slider called "tanline", but it doesn't make a lot of difference to me.   And I've tried reading through the documentation and forums but I still don't get it.

Side Note:  I could use the other product for genesis 3 females if I want to, but there wasn't a release for genesis 3 males.  I'd like to use the same product for both male and female.

Thanks.

TanLines.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M