Limited Time Freebies Discussion Thread

Comments

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 488

Holy-

It seems they are just full-on giving us G3 now. Not that I'm complaining. Even DM's sacrifice is there.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,182

It is very nice. Thanks Daz!

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 579

Very nice bi-weekly freebies, thank you Daz!:)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,909

Another nice selection of items! Love G3 content and old DM environments, I can and will 100% use those!

• Oh yes, this is a great selection! Usable for August & September freebie challenges. I grabbed everything I didn't have.

G9: the perennials, Kin character/hair/poses & dForce Angie outfit

G3: Astra Outfit G3F; Soraya HD for Rune 7; MadBride Jewelry & Hair (G3F); Wilding outfit (G3F); Gianni 7

G2: Harpoon Girl outfit (G2F); Seana Dress (G2F); Little Black Dress (G2F); Amos outfit (G2M)

Environments, poses, etc: DM's Sacrifice*, Army Hybrid Vehicle; 30 poses for Ironstar (spaceship, G1)*

*will work in DS

• Elor said:

Oh, a core character for free, thank you laugh (it's Gianni 7).

Just a warning, the astra outfit did not appear in DIM despite being visible in my library on the website, so I downloaded it from the website, placed the zip file in '/Users/Shared/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads' (no idea where it can be located on a Windows machine) and it installed just fine.

I popped over and posted in the Sales Issues thread.

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Elor said:

Just a warning, the astra outfit did not appear in DIM despite being visible in my library on the website, so I downloaded it from the website, placed the zip file in '/Users/Shared/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads' (no idea where it can be located on a Windows machine) and it installed just fine.

I popped over and posted in the Sales Issues thread.

It's listed in my DIM cool

edited August 24

Gallery Link

I love Rune 7 so I was low-key excited to get Soraya. I felt her shape was a little bland so I tweaked it a little, her skin is out of the box. Some G3 skins seem dated now but Sabby's work holds up!

Post edited by Hylas on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,141

I forgot it was time for a new batch of freebies and when I opened my wishlist (to get an idea on the PAs taking part in today's sale) I saw two items for free and was bit perplexed at first… Then, the sole cell of my brain that's already awaken reacted.

So an HDaddon for Kalea 7, three environnements (two with Iray mats), a couple of Genesis 3 poses, clothes products for Genesis 2 and 1, hairs for Genesis 3, Car paint iray shaders and an ogre laugh

• mdingmding Posts: 1,217

Many thanks, DAZ!

It's so nice to have the freebies updated regularly again, and the selection recently has been fantastic!

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 748

I'm really loving this trend of usable products vs. the previous frequent add-on textures. Thanks, Daz selection team!  Some great stuff this week!

Excellent freebies this time, like the two previous times, very nice and useful products.:)
    But I have a problem with Ashley's hair: the render in Iray gives as a result white hair, whatever color I apply. In 3dlight there are no problems. For each type of render I applied the appropriate color set. What did I do wrong? Has anyone else encountered the problem or can suggest me how to solve it? Thank you very much.

I attach the renders.

ashley-hair.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1003K
    iray.jpg
    823 x 761 - 193K
    3dl.jpg
    823 x 761 - 142K
  • emanuela1 said:

Excellent freebies this time, like the two previous times, very nice and useful products.:)
    But I have a problem with Ashley's hair: the render in Iray gives as a result white hair, whatever color I apply. In 3dlight there are no problems. For each type of render I applied the appropriate color set. What did I do wrong? Has anyone else encountered the problem or can suggest me how to solve it? Thank you very much.

I attach the renders.

When you updated to 4.22, there is also the IM00013176-42_DefaultResourcesForDAZStudio422.zip that needs to be installed for it. I nab mine via the Product Library in our Accounts. It's on the same page as the downloads for Daz Studio 4.*

When I updated to v. 4.22 I also installed the file IM00013176-42_DefaultResourcesForDAZStudio422.zip, through DIM and it is installed. I also uninstalled and reinstalled it, with DIM, with no results. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall it manually?
    Maybe I need to change something in the hair parameters in the surface Tab or the texture files? Any other things I don't know and can't think of? Thanks for the suggestions.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,141

I tried to render them with both Daz 4.21 and the latest public beta: in both cases, they worked as intended and I have no idea what can be wrong on your side.

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530

This is a question on my part, and I hope someone with more experience can answer, but would updating the graphics card driver help with emanuela1's issue?

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,182

SilverGirl said:

I'm really loving this trend of usable products vs. the previous frequent add-on textures. Thanks, Daz selection team!  Some great stuff this week!

Agreed! Thanks Daz!

edited September 6

50% Cave Ogre, 40% Toon Hero (Head), 50% The Brute 8 (Body), 100% Dain 8 (Head), a few additional dials, plus Anagenessis 2 for the skin.

Unfortunately the Cave Ogre's eyes are messed up and they pose all wonky. It's not the result of a bungled transfer either, it's a problem on G3 as well. It means you have to pose each eye separately, and the JMC's around the eyes don't work quite right. Which is not the end of the world but it's still a bit of a bummer. I guess we could report it but afaik DAZ no longer fixes issues with items from the G3 era frown glass half-full, gift horse mouth, etc.

x24-16-01B ogre.png
    800 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • These are great! I like the Ogre! @Hylas, are there problems using it with G3?

Full list of freebies, usable in September & October freebie contests.

G9: the perennial foursome, EG Kin character/hair/poses & Angie d force jeans set

G3: Ashley Hair; Cave Ogre G3M; Kalea 7 HD Add-on; Agent Gun Poses G7M, M7, & Leo7; Classical Dance Poses G3F

G2: Genji Outfit G2M; Sneaking Out Clothing G2F

G1: Woodlander

Props, environments, etc.: Restricted Hallway; Collective 3d Portrait Vignettes: Old West 2; Corporate Meeting Room; Paint! (Iray shaders)

admission: I kinda want to see somebody do cave ogre with some of the classical dance poses, but I don't have the utility to cross M/F poses to do it myself.

edited September 6

SilverGirl said:

admission: I kinda want to see somebody do cave ogre with some of the classical dance poses, but I don't have the utility to cross M/F poses to do it myself.

poses are compatible across genders, so knock yourself out!

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

These are great! I like the Ogre! @Hylas, are there problems using it with G3?

Yes, the eyes were already wonky before the transfer. The morph isn't configured correctly.

Post edited by Hylas on

Hylas said:

SilverGirl said:

Oh, are they? Cool! I thought the reason it always said G3F or G3M (or G8, or...) was that it wouldn't work on the other one, and that was one of the benefits of G9 was that they would! Serves me right for never trying anyway. Thanks for the tip!

Problem with Ashley hair solved. I selected the hair and the cap, then in the Surface tab I changed base mixing from Metallicity/Roughness to Weighted. It seems to work.:)

Thanks for the various suggestions.:)

Attached are the results and explanation.

asley-hair.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 998K
    kalea-kara-beauty2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 703K
  • The latest batch of freebies are good, what I want to see is some bundles.

When I was starting to use Daz Studio, there were some bundles given as freebies in the fortnight, bring back this kind of giveaway too please.

• SilverGirl said:

Hylas said:

SilverGirl said:

Oh, are they? Cool! I thought the reason it always said G3F or G3M (or G8, or...) was that it wouldn't work on the other one, and that was one of the benefits of G9 was that they would! Serves me right for never trying anyway. Thanks for the tip!

I do this all the time. I have seen advice that the poses might need tweaking to use on the other gender, but I haven't needed to. Now, if the figure is a very extreme morph, it might become a factor, regardless of gender.

And using the dance poses with Ogre is great idea.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955

What happened to the earlier weekly freebies, that used to be new products ? 

• https://www.daz3d.com/daz-plus click the Free Wekly Content, if a Daz+ member.

• crying

Unless these items are really cheap I can choose what I need, I can't get a Daz + membership.

• New biweekly freebies! Eligible for September & October freebie challenges. Mostly G2 clothing & poses. I have the 2 hairs and they work well. The Visions of the Past set, which I also own, has some unusual props like a trumpet, upright piano, mermaid sculpture, & gramophone.

G9: The Perennial Kin character/hair/poses & Angie dForce Jeans set

G3: Estate Agent Office Poses Collection*, Poses for G3 Little Ones, Skull Crusher Outfit G3F, Ethereal Wonders Poses G3F**

G2: Defender G2F, Francesca Dress G2F, Diesel Outfit G2M, Ancient Combat Hair, Sporty Hair

G1: Sean for David 5

Environment: Visions of the Past

Props: Blade Weapons (sf)

*includes "use anywhere" poses 

**no poses for wings even though all promos show wings