Thanks Daz3d!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328
    edited February 2021

Continuing on, I feel compelled to get each of my new free items into Carrara and get them saved to my browser and rendered into a scene and posted in here. Feel free to do that same if you wish ;)

I love The Tower Remains. Very cool little scene builder prop where our heroes can find something of interest. LaurieS was kind enough to offer her Mystic Towers expansion for it in this huge sale. The reason it's called "Towers" is because it has presets for two different plots of land which fit perfectly with two of the Millennium Environment scene setups.

For this, I was tempted to render it in the Painted Valley Millennium Environment scene. It's been years since I've used the ME, and I love the Painted Valley set for it.

Instead, I used one of the presets from my Woodlands kit and adjusted the tree groves around the tower a bit, even scaled the one in the left foreground down quite a bit. It's fun working with this kit for stuff like this.

One of the things I really like, however, is how well the shader presets work on ground bases of things like this. Woodlands Grassy and Forest shaders use tiled image maps. So I opened the ground shader for the Tower and dropped my Grassy Terrain shader onto it's top shader in the texture room. The I lowered the tiling to 2x2 for the grass low shader on all three maps.

Then I copied over the grass low shader from the Forest Terrain shader into the grass high shader of this one, and again, lowered the tiling to 2x2, then copied that whole shader to the Global Shader portion. Worked out really well! I'm working on some illustrates tutorial articles on doing this sort of thing - not just use EnvironKit shaders, but also building our own from scratch. I just mention using the EnvironKit shader set for the simplicity of it.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited February 2021

Since bigh is being so wonderful, keeping the title of the Post Your Renders thread updated for the seasons, I made this for that thread, but also want it in here since I just got the DM's Drake Tower (comes with a bunch of poses for the Dragon 3, including the one used here), the Dragon Trainer's Toolbox, Capsces Shapes, and Dragon 3 Fantasy Poses for Christmas from Daz3d, Danie and Morforno, Capsces, and Design Anvil

Thanks you all!!! Merry Christmas!

Continuing on, I feel compelled to get each of my new free items into Carrara and get them saved to my browser and rendered into a scene and posted in here.

Wow. This is going to be a huge undertaking! :)

My whole first page in my Product Library is all Christmas Freebies - and they're all excellent!

Just wanted to mention that, though I didn't shoot a render of it, I was very curious about the Fantasy Book. I wanted a book which allows a character to turn a page with the book already open. The description of this one led me to believe that this would be possible.

Better than possible, it has a pose which opens the book. From that position we can chose either of the two facing pages and animate turning it in many ways! There may even be more than those two... I don't remember. All I need is one. Further turning of pages is simple from there. After all... this is CG!

Each of those individual page in the center have three bones - one closest to the spine, one on the outer edge, and the one in between, making it really neat how varied we can animate this whole turning thing. I think I remember there being mention of a page corner fold morph as well.

Very Cool! Yet another Amazing Present from Daz3d!!! Wow am I ever Merry!!!

I saw that there's a newer book model, but it doesn't look like it has all of this awesome functionality - but it does look cool!

Threw me for a loop when I saw Dorpodon in the list! I've been wanting this creature for a while! I also got some more HOT attire for Rosie G2F. Looks like I may be switching to the newer technology after all! ;) The first one (next to Dorpodon) also works with Genesis 3 Females.

And some fun stuff for Genesis 1 to help populate the world!

I already have Marauders for M4, but Genesis can give this suit a Lot more sizes and shapes ;)

I have a whole lot of SciFi vehicles, so I thought I should grab up these wonderful deals (Free?) on transportation for my Fantasy Folk!

Man, this is Awesome!

edited December 2016

...and some scary moments for the heroes as well

This thing is Absolutely Stunning! Ravenheart makes some Really Awesome Stuff!!! 

Speaking of Ravenheart, I also grabbed the expansion textures for inside my Marcoor FG Star Ship! ;)

...and earlier I mentioned the other cool Base Camp stuff I got from TheAntFarm. And there's still more to the list of goodies I got for Christmas from Daz3d and Friends!

* since Volume 2 isn't available individually, the cover image for Vol. 2 above leads to the Tech Tiles Twin Pack

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Indeed!  I appreciate you posting the ship and base, and instructions.  A unique product.  Reminds me of models (that came with bases) I put together as a kid.

Yup. I think that's the intention of these things - plus to give the artist a nice, quick scene to render their figures in. yes

TheAntFarm Rocks! He has a bunch of these things. I got the Tech Tiles combo kit too, just today. I've noticed that all of his work is top-notch, which makes it easy to work with.

Love that render of the Victory.yes I've been aboard that ship many times; she was built in the town where I was born, and is docked in the town where I went to uni, and I believe she's the world's oldest warship still holding a commission. Totally awsome!

Wow... she's still in service?!!! I have to see if I can get on that thing with Rosie and my Dad!

We took my Dad on a Tall Ship hour cruise for his birthday a couple years ago - Loved it! They let me raise the sails and climb around on the rigging... I had a real blast!

Merry Christmas

Yes! Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!  The Victory is in dry dock in Portsmouth, so you can't sail on her, but you can look around everything.  I've done it a couple of times.  It's a great day out, they have what is left of the Mary Rose too, Henry VIII's flagship. All the artifacts that they salvaged from the wreck are amazing!

We'd LOVE doing that! :)

PhilW said:

Indeed!  I appreciate you posting the ship and base, and instructions.  A unique product.  Reminds me of models (that came with bases) I put together as a kid.

Yup. I think that's the intention of these things - plus to give the artist a nice, quick scene to render their figures in. yes

TheAntFarm Rocks! He has a bunch of these things. I got the Tech Tiles combo kit too, just today. I've noticed that all of his work is top-notch, which makes it easy to work with.

Love that render of the Victory.yes I've been aboard that ship many times; she was built in the town where I was born, and is docked in the town where I went to uni, and I believe she's the world's oldest warship still holding a commission. Totally awsome!

Wow... she's still in service?!!! I have to see if I can get on that thing with Rosie and my Dad!

We took my Dad on a Tall Ship hour cruise for his birthday a couple years ago - Loved it! They let me raise the sails and climb around on the rigging... I had a real blast!

Merry Christmas

Yes! Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!  The Victory is in dry dock in Portsmouth, so you can't sail on her, but you can look around everything.  I've done it a couple of times.  It's a great day out, they have what is left of the Mary Rose too, Henry VIII's flagship. All the artifacts that they salvaged from the wreck are amazing!

edited July 2020

Whoa!!! I just got Belle 6 for Free!!! :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,128
    edited December 2016

Yes, thanks Daz.  I picked up quite a few things in the recent sales and freebies.  Both Dart and I liked the Dorpodon.  I always said that you had good taste.  Several of these I got so that I could take apart and see how they are put together, like Predatron's trees. 

mm12 recent daz.JPG
    762 x 910 - 102K
    mm09 daz recent.JPG
    635 x 811 - 105K
    mm07 recent daz.JPG
    628 x 762 - 73K
    mm11 recent daz.JPG
    720 x 926 - 85K
    mm05 recent daz.JPG
    777 x 931 - 87K
    mm08 recent daz.JPG
    698 x 786 - 57K
    mm06 recent daz.JPG
    698 x 926 - 93K
    mm10 recentdaz.JPG
    723 x 956 - 97K
    mm03 recent daz.JPG
    747 x 794 - 69K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    PhilW said:

Yes, thanks Daz, I have picked up some great freebies over this last week. 

I second that motion.  I'm gonna need a bigger 3D element backup hard drive. 

PhilW said:

I hope everyone here has a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

I second that motion, too, and hope some are having a white Christmas.   Here in Houston, we are not close, 80 F and sunny.  But the Texans are in the playoffs ...  yes

• namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 246

WyVern for Free? What an amazing gift!! Enjoy it!

namtar3d said:

WyVern for Free? What an amazing gift!! Enjoy it!

Agreed. He was a cool catch! 

I don't know how I went past Predatron's Stone Pines without my grabbing them! Argh! 

Full disclosure.  The Predatron Stone Pine product was not one of the official giveaways.  But Predatron was a featured artist when I got a new release, combined with the holiday discount was a good deal for me.

diomede said:

Full disclosure.  The Predatron Stone Pine product was not one of the official giveaways.  But Predatron was a featured artist when I got a new release, combined with the holiday discount was a good deal for me.

Ahhh... Gotcha. Yeah, I like Predatron's prices yes  Always a big bang for the buck.

edited December 2016

Whoa!!! I just got Belle 6 for Free!!! :)

As it turns out, Belle 6 (plus a few other morphs dialed in) makes for an excellent teenage Rosie, I think.

The Red Talon outfit isn't actually meant for Teenage Rosie.

I was having difficulty getting the boots to load into Carrara without being all deformed - even into an empty scene - it was driving me nuts!

I loaded them onto Belle 6 in DS and saved them as a Support Asset > Figure Asset into the same spot as the original, but added "Belle" into the name.

Now they load and conform beautifully onto Belle 6 and my other Rosie G2F as well! :)

I really like this extra textures pack I got in the Christmas giveaway for Red Talon. There's five really nice texture setups to choose from - so, of course, we can mix and match.

In Carrara, we can actually mix and match on the same piece - just load the various textures onto different domains. 

I only mention that because I'm going to try that with this one ;)

Chears, and I hope everyone is having safe, warm, and Happy Holidays! :)

RT6 Talon_FL.jpg
    438 x 719 - 265K
    RT6 - Piratess.jpg
    631 x 719 - 407K
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

That render has a brilliant meld of sci-fi and the traditional Dutch Master painter's flavor to it. Absolutely gorgeous work, let alone the beauty of your Rosie character herself.

bravo.

--ms

I forgot to mention that, as soon as I loaded in the Belle 6 Character Preset I loaded in two of the individual EYEDeas 3+ figures, one for each eye, and parented them accordingly. I found that if I set the Genesis 2 Female eyes to invisible before I parented, I didn't lose visiblity of the new eyes.

This time I didn't use the Remapped version, so I got to use Arki's own custom eye maps. Something I was dying to do before, and didn't get around to. Glad I did.

I really like these anatomically correct eye figures!

As before, I'm having a little difficulty with Genesis 2 stuff using my laptop. This thing wasn't meant for this kind of computing anyways, so I'm not bummed. I just work differently, consolidating and optimizing each step of the way, and saving my progress. I've forgotten that people were having issues with Compressed Carrara files with Genesis 2, and have been compressing all the while. I hope that doesn't bite me in the end.

Anyways, I think I'm going to completely switch to using this figure. Still don't like the hair and will look to getting to fixing that ASAP, but Belle 6 makes a great Rosie Character in my current opinion. I like the morphs and the joints setup. No morphs for getting concave irises which really surprises me from someone like Daz3d, being that this is such a commonly sought-after shape for CG VFX folks. Oh well. Arki to the rescue, right? :)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I picked up Belle 6 too today, along with the G2M construction worker outfit (any new kit for Genesis 2 has to be encouraged IMHO smiley)

I picked up Belle 6 too today, along with the G2M construction worker outfit (any new kit for Genesis 2 has to be encouraged IMHO smiley)

Agreed. Though I got that cool new hair. Now I want to see if I can make it work with G2M or if I'll have to get that clone - which I'll likely need.

edited December 2016

I got to spend some time today playing with my new toys I got for Christmas from Daz3d! :)

I was mentioning earlier how I grabbed the SS Fluke as a means to add a cockpit onto a space craft I have. Here is the result. 

This one is Before adding the SS Fluke

This one is After

It works perfectly for my needs! :)

Very Happy = Me!

Hunter_Old.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 146K
    Hunter_New.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 132K
    edited December 2016

One through the RuntimeDNA Christmas giveaway, and the other through the Daz3d Christmas giveaway, I got both Project Xion Vol. 2 and Project Xion Vol. 3, and was going to come back and get Vol.1 the next day, but it was removed from the list - which is fine. I'm happy to pay for one after seeing how nicely these things can work.

Here I just threw in my new Belle 6 Rosie Character sporting the V5 Shirt by HongYu, which I remodeled to fit Genesis 2 Male (since Genesis 1 Base figure is Male shaped) and then converted it from that into a Genesis 2 Female item. Still a bit of work to do to make it work with this character and the pants. Time consuming, but I like the shirt.

The cityscape is from those Xion packs. This scene is the result of my loading in every one of the pieces, consolidating and optimizing all of the shaders, and saving the complete scene - which is very light-weight. These buildings load in very small.

So now I can open this scene and copy buildings - or groups of buildings - and paste them into another scene since they're all Prop items without rigging - which is nice. I think they look fantastic and we're only seeing a fraction of them here.

RT6 XionDma.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 640K
    edited February 2021

I played around with my new Abominable for Genesis and put him in a world of trouble with the Troglodytes.

edited December 2016

Oh... right. The above scene is Shroom Castle in my Woodlands EnvironKit setting.

Here's what Abominable looks like (Store image)

When I messed with him I used Michael 5 character preset and then dialed up the Abominable morph. He doesn't come with Textures or custom UVs.

...and the Wyvern 2.0

edited July 2020

LOL!

I also got this for Christmas from Daz3d. I'll have to see if it'll fit Abominable, whom is really quite a big fellow! :)

edited February 2021

This one is my older version of G2F Rosie sporting the new Grecian Goddess I got for Christmas along with the Nybras demon seen behind her

Carrara-Optimized shaders of the Nybras Expansion Texture sets

I really like the Nybras demon figure!

I was leery of getting him for years. Seeing him as a gift... I had to check him out. Oh Wow!!!

This figure, when combined with the expansion pack, has SO Many Morphs! Nybras can be a Demon child (really nasty looking!) Dragon Faced Monster, many styles of Demon creature and even a bunch of additional tweaks for the dragon configuration. Female morphs, bulging gut morphs, we can get rid of the wings and/or tail and/or horns, which all have additional morphs, and a whole slew of excellent posing morphs.

I haven't tried rendering the original texture. I'm sure it's decent - but the ones that come in the expansion, shown above, are excellent!

Oh... right. I got this one for my V4 Rosie 

See, I don't play many computer games but there are a few that I really enjoy, like Shadowrun (all three), Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Neverwinter Nights games, Witcher games and also DragonAge. I just started playing Dragon Age again - not very often... just here and there. But this is one of the characters in that game, named Morrigan.

She's a Magic User. A Witch of the Wilds. Rosie wields magic too, so I wanted to se what she looked like in this sort of get-up.

Wizards and the like are known to require lighter clothing (as opposed to wearing armor) to allow for better conductivity with the Winds of Magic (the Force), which is why Rosie always wore the loose kimono she's most often been seen wearing.

edited December 2016

Excellent!

Carrara-Optimized shaders of the Nybras Expansion Texture sets

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited December 2016

Here's how I saved my Abonimable character

Abominable.jpg
    596 x 719 - 385K