Thanks Daz3d!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328

I thought it was a wonderful surprize and gesture from Daz 3D to give us these wonderful bundles to add to our libraries.

This all played perfectly into what I'm doing right now! How do they do that?!!!

The Girl 6 Starter Bundle

David 5 Starter Bundle

Candace for Stephany Bundle

M4 Toughness Bundle

Classics Bundle for Genesis

That was a LOT of content to just grab onto! They weren't all given away at the same time, so we had to watch for them. I might have missed some.

I already had everything in the M4 Toughness Bundle except for two. It was a great gift to get those added to my runtime!

edited July 2020

During one of those fun PC+ sales, I got a nice pile of fun! This wasn't a free give-away but the discount made it very reasonable. 

Luxus for Carrara Resource Pack - by PhilW

I've been wanting this since he first introduced it. Although I still haven't played with it, I'm eager to try it. Luxus for Carrara (not to be confused with LuxusCore) is a really cool render engine, even if it is no longer being developed (sound familiar?). Although I was starting to catch a grasp of setting up shaders, I think this pack will make my Luxus experience a LOT more enjoyable! 

What's Included and Features

• 9 Clear Shaders:
      • Clear Water
      • Crystal
      • Diamond
      • Eye Surface
      • Glass
      • Glass Pale Cyan
      • Glass Pale Red
      • Glass with Dispersion (produces spectral colours)
      • Lux Null (to make objects invisible)
    • 6 Fabric Shaders:
      • Cloth-Blue
      • Cloth-Green
      • Cloth-Neutral
      • Cloth-Red
      • Cloth-Tweed
      • Leather
    • 7 Glossy and 7 Matte Shaders:
      • Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Red, White, Yellow
    • 6 Emission Shaders to turn objects or surfaces into lights:

• Blue, Green, Orange, Red, White, Yellow
    • 10 Metal Shaders:
      • Aluminium
      • Black Metal
      • Brass
      • Copper
      • Copper-Old
      • Gold
      • GunMetal
      • Mirror
      • Silver
      • Steel
    • 8 Rock Shaders:
      • Marble-Blue
      • Marble-Pink
      • Stone-Brown
      • Stone-Dark
      • Stone-Grey
      • Stone-Light
      • Stone-Pink
      • Stone-Yellow
    • 7 Wood Shaders:
      • Dark Wood
      • Medium Wood
      • Light Wood
      • Red Wood
      • Light Flooring
      • Medium Flooring
      • Dark Flooring
    • 5 Volume Shaders, apply to box surrounding area of render:
      • Distance (slight haze effect)
      • Dusty Interior (very subtle haze, suitable lighting will produce visible rays)
      • Fog (thicker version of Distance, but still not that thick)
      • Smoke (Black volume effect)
      • Smoke-Dense (thicker version of smoke)
    • 4 Bonus Objects:
      • Open Room (simple background with floor and 2 walls
      • Backdrop Screen (like a studio background)
      • 2 Reflectors to add bounce light from your main lighting

This product requires Luxus for Carrara

Sci Fi Living Bedroom

ATVE: Firebrand Racer

This will go great with the other vehicle I have from Rane in this series!

Movie Combat Bones Animation Pack

Slayer Guard for M3

I've been finding that Generation 3 conforming clothing auto-fits really well with Genesis in many cases - so I'm collecting!

Dinosaur Bundle

I've been wanting this ever since I joined Daz 3D!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

More Generation 3 clothes

Sacred Luna for A3

Desolation Earth - Nomads for Aiko 3

Millennium Teeth (we all know what I used these for!)

Freak Primitive (Oh Rosie, I can see your....!!!)

Jinchuu Ken for M3

Keitaro - Dragon Tamer (Hiro 3)

A3 XStyle

I also grabbed SickleYield's wonderful Clones for Genesis: Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 

These work pretty darned good for bringing Genesis 2 and 3 Female clothing over to my Genesis character.

Genesis 2 Female Clone for Genesis

Genesis 3 Female Clone for Genesis

Bunyip02 said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    PhilW said:

My! You have been busy buying stuff! Looking forward to seeing what you render with them all.

Another DAZ hoarder !!! wink

Seriously? Okay, I challenge you to name any one of those items that isn't totally worthy of being in a movie! cheeky

Hoard? Yeah... ya got me there! But it's a nice hoard! cool

Welcome to the DAZ Scroungers & Hoarders club !!!!!!

Scrounging! Hording!!! :)

Thanks Daz 3D and Souless Empathy!!!

Sun Hall

Versatile Terrain 2

Room of Books

...and as seen in my Volumetric Lighting Tutorial,

Dungeon Holding

All of these are absolutley wonderful sets!!! :)

I got a Lot of other cool stuff as well! It's fun to get the weekly freebies even if I don't see an immediate use for them. It's amazing how often I'll find them to be useful when I'm thinking outside the box!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996

wow Dart all that time collecting the info you could of entered three images in the Carrara Challenge lol  devil  cool

edited July 2020
    Stezza said:

wow Dart all that time collecting the info you could of entered three images in the Carrara Challenge lol  devil  cool

I was rendering a few thousand (correction hundred) of TheAntFarm's Sky Traffic between  stacks of Vertical Living combined with Vertical Living U and the Sci Fi Wall with motion blur.

It rendered fairly quickly, considering. But I did a few passes with different cameras - all in motion except for two stationary cams. 

edited July 2020

...and those are only test renders for the actual versions. The scene is so huge that I keep roughly 85% hidden from 3D view as I work with the cameras - using target helpers to guide my way. It's actually a really cool workflow. It taxes OpenGL like no other with everything visible in working view, but it renders faster than the average shot of only Rosie 5 in a scene with nothing else.

It's a continuation of the scene in the opening of this video - but this one is what we see in that with a lot more added to it, and then times three, and without the hero vehicle yet - and it won't be that hero vehicle in this one. I did that one quickly just to have something for the intro.

edited July 2020

01:34 per frame isn't too shabby considering it's rendering 4 frames per frame for the motion blur

In the tests so far, it's hard to tell that each vehicle has its own individual speed and path. When they all moved together, it was really easy to tell! LOL  So I painstakingly selected and moved each vehicle and gave them their own individual speed and navigation along the main path, both at the beginning of the path as well as the end. The trucks that are carrying loads end up conjesting and causing some traffic to slow behind them, others flit past them at racing speeds. That was a Lot of fun to orchestrate! :)

SFW_VL_TrafMove02bSS.jpg
    1559 x 795 - 767K
    edited July 2020

Next step with the traffic will be to have bunches of them turning off of the main express in front of the Vertical Living buildings and have some stop and elevate or decend. Some animated city smoke and general fog will then be planted throughout. The frame seen above is toward the farthest reach toward the end of the scene. The camera holds for a second or so, then moves backward to reveal several more of the Vertical Living buildings. The camera begins to move to align its focus on the hero ship that hasn't seen the scene yet ;)

Edit: Damn keyboard! Sure Dart, blame the keyboard!!! LOL

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Wow, Dart, you have been busy buying!

PhilW said:

Wow, Dart, you have been busy buying!

The past few posts have taken a few months to collect. Keeping an eye open for deals via PC+ gets all manner of great stuff at perfect times! 

Of course, 3drendero helps a bunch with his Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread!!!

We get these wonderful coupons in PC+, so even when I'm on a spending freeze I can still always find something to get for free! But when Daz 3D has those massive PC+ Sale events, we can get a whole lot of great gear for only a few bucks. It's a great way to build a library without breaking the bank!

I'm going to see about using Diamond as Rosie's horse pal. We'll see how that works. If not, she's still a beautiful addition to the runtime!

Diamond Base Character

edited July 2020

Of course, PC+ coupons combined with amazing sale prices call for a good Thank You as well, so

Thanks Daz 3D and TheAntFarm!!! I've been wanting this since it came out, not long ago! I think you'll see a trend as to why I wanted this!

Sci-Fi Hub

Hint:

Along with it I also got the Stormwind Wanderer Bundle - for my VWD endeavors. Give it a try, eh?

I've started to expand on this whole concept of sharing my favorite selections from Daz 3D on my site:

• DAZ ZONE - the main landing page with thoughts and inspirations and a little talk about Genesis 1
    • Daz 3D Content - the Content landing page which leads to subpages on this topic
    • Daz 3D Bundles - some of the amazing Bundles I've purchased since I joined Daz 3D
    • PC+ Experience - I talk about how I use PC+ to gain the libraries I need to get my work done
    • Carrara 8.5 Pro Content - a look at the extra Daz 3D content that comes bundled with Carrara 8.5 Pro

I'll be adding a lot to this. For example, I will add more subpages to Daz 3D Content to help illustrate how I build many of my scenes - how I install, optimize and use them, etc., 

Should be a lot of fun!

edited July 2020

Oh wow. When I bought the stuff above, I forgot to check the weekly (PC+) freebies! I still have a bunch of these freebies to illustrate in here.

This one will add nicely to any content collection!

Library Study Room

Wow. It doesn't seem like it's been so many months since I got the stuff in my posts immediately above. I was tinkering with that amazing Sci-Fi Hub just the other day. I made a really cool preset scene in Carrara with all of its parts within the scene with all of the textures optimized. What a cool set! Those landing docks actually open to an awesome, detailed interior bay! So Cool! That part of the story is still on the horizon, but I like to get done what I can in preparation. A scene like that shouldn't be rushed.

Anyway, last post was July, eh? Between my PC+ membership and Rosie telling me that I can get something, I've acquired a quite a stash since these last posts!

As always, I won't go reporting everything... just some highlights that I'm super grateful to have - and wouldn't have if it wasn't for the generosity of Daz 3D and its incredible artists!

So once again,  Thanks Daz 3D!

edited November 2020

Lady Elf Hair for Genesis

What is it with Genesis (or is it just DUF) hair, does anyone know? It seems to take forever to load into Carrara - whereas a V4 version of the same thing will just load in as normal. Hmpf!

Anyway, I saw this and thought it would be really nice for times when Rosie might want to put her hair up. With just a couple quick tests I can see that I was right. Works great! So I basically just make new dynamic hair that comes down in a tail behind this hair (and I have others too) and match this hair to the dynamic. Looks and works great!

I also picked up Aussie Girl Outfit for the purposes of dynamic simulation.

I really like the style of this shirt as it is, and the shorts and shoes are just awesome! But I had to work on the shirt a bit due to my inexperience with dynamic cloth - it kept falling off!

So I brought the neckline in closer rather than being off-the-shoulder like it is. I'll keep trying as we go here, because I know now that I can get a version just like this to work beautifully!

The white shirt in this video (even on the thumbnail) is from this set

Yaaay! I was able to grab Solaris Cabin!

I'm collecting that whole series, so I'm always happy when another one comes my way! :)

edited November 2020

This set has some really cool parts for how I like to kit things together.

Sci-Fi Barriers and Walls by Nightshift 3D, has a cool working lift in the tower, a really cool defense turret and the wall pieces and column are just the ring thing for some of the places I need to create.

Along with this, over the last several major Daz 3D sales I was able to get my hands on a pretty decent collection from Nightshift 3D's Odysseon Station series - which has been becomming a big part in my story. I'm actually rendering an animation within it right now.

Instead of listing it all here, I think it would be better to just put in a link to the page I've made for it - which will be my scratch pad for working the story together as the page matures:

Story Page Highlight - Odysseon Station

Another cool Souless Empathy scene!

Strange Cave - I remember wanting this since it first came out. Finally got to it!