The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

bwaahahah Korgoth of Barbaria. utubing for the last couple hours, dang there's a lot of advertising, some of them don't give an x to close em.

cawffee sounds good. slurrrrp. ow, hot :lol:

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Just after dawn Christmas morning here. Merry Christmas. Yo ho ho oh no Ho ho ho must have drunk all the rum last night :lol:

edited December 1969

Just a random note: getting a bikini on a penguin and making it look good is a PAIN! :smirk:

More coffeeeeeeeeee... :blank:

Sounds an ugly job but someone has to do it ! :lol: Merry Christmas

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Argh! I ran out of coffee creamer and I had to.. SHOP! :ahhh: :gulp:

Thankfully it wasn't too busy, so i got my creamer and some diet soda without incident. I then dropped off groceries and walked up to the coffee shop, which it turns out is OPEN CHRISTMAS DAY! :-S :bug: Weird!

Still not a lot of joy with penguins and bikinis. Urgh, hard work! It's not all just scaling, feh.

Time to sip on the latte'! :)

edited December 1969

I want to write but instead I am surfing the daz forums.

Merry Christmas Kulay !

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Just a random note: getting a bikini on a penguin and making it look good is a PAIN! :smirk:

More coffeeeeeeeeee... :blank:

Sounds an ugly job but someone has to do it ! :lol: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

edited December 1969

some penguins with holiday spirit.

wonders if the bear likes his prezzie

untitled15.png
    639 x 247 - 378K
    untitled12.png
    317 x 250 - 162K
    edited December 1969

Christmas and latte = comfort and joy!

edited December 2012

mailperson didn't bring any prezzies for me.

walking my doggie for an extra walkie poo today.

silverbells, ring-a-ling

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Just after dawn Christmas morning here. Merry Christmas. Yo ho ho oh no Ho ho ho must have drunk all the rum last night :lol:

Ho ho Ho :)

all of it? what will yoo do for today?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 2012

Merry Christmas Eve or Merry Christmas everyone! :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

The Unflateable Tree.. unflated. :blank: :smirk: so it's going to need more air. Oh well, it only cost ten bucks!

Back to coffee, breakfast soonish! :)

...get some helium and you have the Floating Unflateable Christmas Tree.

Did that with an unflateable Pan Am 747 I got as a promo at an airshow when I was a teenager. Looked pretty cool

Just make sure to tie it off to something otherwise it will float up and go sideways against the ceiling

Complaint: Thread Reminder Bots no doubt taking the holiday off (or too hungover to care).

Non Complaint (and big news): The Workstation not only has a pulse but consciousness (installed Win7 last night) Also very pleased to see that my wireless modem works with it as well (important to register software and get the updates for Norton and SPs for Windows). The BIOS sees both HDs and GPU but Win7 only sees the C:and DVD drives. Need to load and most likely DL driver updates for the GPU. Not sure what to so about the Runtime (1TB) HD as Win7 seems to detect it as a floppy drive for some odd reason.

In the end, all the troubles i had with getting the missing case hardware were worth it. The fans are so whisper quiet (even on the PSU) you wouldn't even know it was on unless you looked at the display or front of the case.

...and seeing that 12GB of RAM in the properties is sooo good.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,048
    edited December 1969

Well, while I have a moment, I just wanted to say: HO HO HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!
    Yeah... thats about it... nothing mushy or filled with holiday spirit... just have fun, but not too much fun that you end up in jail... hug someone you love and if they are far away, send them your love in whatever way you find fit... even if you are alone today, remember this... even though we all here at these forums are just a bunch of silly Avatars and faceless comments, you have a bunch friends here who love ya' and wish you the best... Have a happy Holiday, Christmas, Boxing day, Crating eve, Hanukwanzimas or whatever you choose to celebrate or not celebrate... Be well and be happy!

Now go get some eggnog... (personally I'd just have the rum...)

Bye!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Merry Christmas Eve or Merry Christmas everyone! :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

The Unflateable Tree.. unflated. :blank: :smirk: so it's going to need more air. Oh well, it only cost ten bucks!

Back to coffee, breakfast soonish! :)

...get some helium and you have the Floating Unflateable Christmas Tree.

Did that with an unflateable Pan Am 747 I got as a promo at an airshow when I was a teenager. Looked pretty cool

Just make sure to tie it off to something otherwise it will float up and go sideways against the ceiling

Complaint: Thread Reminder Bots no doubt taking the holiday off (or too hungover to care).

Non Complaint (and big news): The Workstation not only has a pulse but consciousness (installed Win7 last night) Also very pleased to see that my wireless modem works with it as well (important to register software and get the updates for Norton and SPs for Windows). The BIOS sees both HDs and GPU but Win7 only sees the C:and DVD drives. Need to load and most likely DL driver updates for the GPU. Not sure what to so about the Runtime (1TB) HD as Win7 seems to detect it as a floppy drive for some odd reason.

In the end, all the troubles i had with getting the missing case hardware were worth it. The fans are so whisper quiet (even on the PSU) you wouldn't even know it was on unless you looked at the display or front of the case.

...and seeing that 12GB of RAM in the properties is sooo good.
    Glad for you! I'm sure you'll get the wrinkles ironed out.

edited December 2012

...double post.

edited December 1969

...yeah, a lot is just configuration stuff. Have all the install manuals for all the components so just have to sit down for a few moments and look over them. Then there is always Tom's Hardware, they have a lot of good tuts and help files there and are up 24/7.

Small complaint: Still Fridgeless until Wednesday so have to get creative about dinner tomorrow as a lot of places will be closed for the holiday. Got an ice chest that I can keep outside the door (which fortunately cannot be seen from the street) and will just do the "European shopping thing until the new unit arrives..

At least with the Workstation, I have something that will keep me very busy for the day. Can't wait to put all the memory woes behind me

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

yayyy Snow bikini drops!

Still working on mine... hoping to get it done before the thread ends X).

ETA: cute penguins! X)... must be a Japanese zoo, judging by the zookeeper behind them? ;-)

ETA: yay @ KK's new machine!... yep yep, the 64-bit world is a new and wonderful experience eh? ... my problems with LAMH (and earlier with Reality) just evaporated in 24G \(^_^)/... but, I'm still not comfortable with Win7 yet, so that's why I stick to my lowly (trusted) WinXP 4G box - masochistic, huh? <(^.^).</p>

ETA: merry christmas y'all (^_^)/

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 2012

M F M said:
    ETA: yay @ KK's new machine!... yep yep, the 64-bit world is a new and wonderful experience eh? ... my problems with LAMH (and earlier with Reality) just evaporated in 24G \(^_^)/... but, I'm still not comfortable with Win7 yet, so that's why I stick to my lowly (trusted) WinXP 4G box - masochistic, huh? <(^.^).</div>

...I Immediately set the UI to "Windows Classic". I heard some people experienced issues with the Aero UI so just in case went with the old 'tried & true".

I am also wondering if I might also need a separate driver for the display as in the control panel for display settings, it is listed as "generic VGA", Got it second hand from a friend (nice widescreen one).

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    M F M said:
    ETA: yay @ KK's new machine!... yep yep, the 64-bit world is a new and wonderful experience eh? ... my problems with LAMH (and earlier with Reality) just evaporated in 24G \(^_^)/... but, I'm still not comfortable with Win7 yet, so that's why I stick to my lowly (trusted) WinXP 4G box - masochistic, huh? <(^.^).</div>

...I Immediately set the UI to "Windows Classic". I heard some people experienced issues with the Aero UI so just in case went with the old 'tried & true".

I am also wondering if I might also need a separate driver for the display as in the control panel for display settings, it is listed as "generic VGA", Got it second hand from a friend (nice widescreen one).

(not being an expert, but...) yeah, that sounds like it might not be using the monitor's full capability. Definitely google about for an updated one. What sort of interface options does it have? (HDMI, DVI, VGA?).
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Don't have any snow bikini's, but my fairy has a snow mini, will that work

frosty_and_friend_copy.jpg
    768 x 768 - 353K
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    M F M said:

(not being an expert, but...) yeah, that sounds like it might not be using the monitor's full capability. Definitely google about for an updated one. What sort of interface options does it have? (HDMI, DVI, VGA?).
    ...recognise VGA but the other two (yeah, that's how old school I am) aren't they for like TV use?

When I turn the system on there is a small box in the top corner of the monitor that keeps changing between "VGA" and "Digital".

(man I hate typing while downloading (DL-ing 4.5.1.6).

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...recognise VGA but the other two (yeah, that's how old school I am) aren't they for like TV use?
    When I turn the system on there is a small box in the top corner of the monitor that keeps changing between "VGA" and "Digital".
    (man I hate typing while downloading (DL-ing 4.5.1.6).

Ah, right, which cables do you have? (definitely want it to settle on Digital if you can - makes it easier for the OS to identify the capabilities of the monitor (highest resolution, refresh rate etc etc)...). What brand/model monitor is it btw?
    edited December 2012

...at the hotspot right now DLing 4.5.1.6 (seems my texture map ills have something to do with a bug in .114). When I get home later I will check. Not sure about how to tell the difference between Analog and Digital cable types.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Ho ho Ho :)

all of it? what will yoo do for today?

Church this morning so best not to drink anything :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Don't have any snow bikini's, but my fairy has a snow mini, will that work

Hehe great :)

edited December 1969

Turned out to be a three bears kind of day, not too hot, not too cold, just right :)

edited December 2012

...seasonably cold here but at least dry today.

Ended up having to DL the Genesis Essentials again for the Workstation setup as they were updated since I last installed them in the 32 bit version. Ugh, taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r even with the fast throughput at the hotspot cafe I'm at.

...time for another latte.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,148
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I want to write but instead I am surfing the daz forums.

Merry Christmas Kulay !

MERRY Christmas!!!!!

edited December 1969

trying to listen for the sound of sleighbells. sleepy. sleigh haz to make a stop at Island of misfit toys first.

32 minutes til christmas

edited December 1969

...add another three hours where I am.

edited December 1969

Only 15 minutes to go KK! ;-)... just got back from lunch... mmmmmm ~_~.

This discussion has been closed.