Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3

Comments

• SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Shortly after discovering abstracts in Bryce, I ran across a tutorial - I think it was called "ZOT's Primative Abstracts", or something like that. It showed how to do abstracts by putting your camera inside a reflective sphere, and placing other reflective objects and lights inside the sphere. I've noticed several such tutorials since then - I could have sworn I saw one by David, but I can't seem to find it now :roll:

Anyway, here are some of my efforts...

wow really coOL stuff great reflects and color mats
    edited January 2013

image "The Journey" .....................Well I hope every one had a safe and fun filed New Year, I have discovered that if you render your model in Daz before sending to Bryce it helps stop the jaggies, I am always looking for the perfect skin tone/mat in Bryce and the most amazing thing is i did not change the grey mat that came across from Daz, this is all lighting simple but true. Although i did not do a high res render as this one took all night to render as its was, I think the skin looks great

The_Journey.jpg
    1152 x 768 - 385K
    Post edited by Sylverdali on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

image "The Journey" .....................Well I hope every one had a safe and fun filed New Year, I have discovered that if you render your model in Daz before sending to Bryce it helps stop the jaggies, I am always looking for the perfect skin tone/mat in Bryce and the most amazing thing is i did not change the grey mat that came across from Daz, this is all lighting simple but true. Although i did not do a high res render as this one took all night to render as its was, I think the skin looks great

Fantasic render, yes you have achieved a very nice light on the skin. And an interesting finding about rendering in DAZ before sending to Bryce to prevent jaggies! I will have to try that. I wonder how that works? If I can get that to work for myself I might dig Vicky out again for some virtual photonic abuse.

edited December 1969

Dwsel - feel free to apply post to any of my renders, I am fascinated by your postworking skills.

Dave, impressive barbed wire - any postworks - just curious (see above post).

Here, a Sierpinskised sphere. Obscure gel lighting - flat pattern captured using our old friend Spherical Mapper

S_sphere1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 449K
    edited December 1969

@David lol , I used the Genesis model, i have not used V4 in this experiment, but having said that i will give it a go and see what happens I don't know why but at first i sent the modle accross without the render and there was a definite difference jaggies everywhere.......who knew ?

• dwseldwsel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@silverdali:
    Looks for me similar to the skin you've achieved in image 'In Dreams' you've posted on DA quite recently. On that image the character pose was serving really well the shading on the skin surfaces. This pose is difficult in this matter - it's lot less 'skin shading' than it was before.

@TheSavage64;
    I'd rather not touch that wire - looks rusty, probably would spread some infection into wounds ;)

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Only the posts that you can't see that are holding the wire up. :lol:

Seriously, no, apart from the usual 32 to 8 bit hdr compensation gubbins.

edited December 1969

dwsel_ said:
    @silverdali:
    Looks for me similar to the skin you've achieved in image 'In Dreams' you've posted on DA quite recently. On that image the character pose was serving really well the shading on the skin surfaces. This pose is difficult in this matter - it's lot less 'skin shading' than it was before.

@TheSavage64;
    I'd rather not touch that wire - looks rusty, probably would spread some infection into wounds ;)

@dwsel yes you are correct its the same technique as "in dreams", in this one i was trying to keep the dark skined look of a Negro
  • cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited January 2013

Shortly after discovering abstracts in Bryce, I ran across a tutorial - I think it was called "ZOT's Primative Abstracts", or something like that. It showed how to do abstracts by putting your camera inside a reflective sphere, and placing other reflective objects and lights inside the sphere. I've noticed several such tutorials since then - I could have sworn I saw one by David, but I can't seem to find it now :roll:

Anyway, here are some of my efforts...

wow really coOL stuff great reflects and color mats

Thank you! Considering the renders I've seen you post, I feel rather flattered :)

Post edited by cjreynolds on
    edited December 1969

Dwsel - feel free to apply post to any of my renders, I am fascinated by your postworking skills.

Here, a Sierpinskised sphere. Obscure gel lighting - flat pattern captured using our old friend Spherical Mapper

@David the coloring is amazing the sphere has fab lighting as well
    edited December 1969

Here's more from the dusty archives - done in 6.0 or 6.1, don't remember. Just reflective/transparent primitives...

Mirrored_Primative_Abstract_3.jpg
    1120 x 835 - 2M
    Mirrored_Primative_Abstract_2.jpg
    1120 x 835 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Here's more from the dusty archives - done in 6.0 or 6.1, don't remember. Just reflective/transparent primitives...

@cjreynolds, I like the second one it has lots of twists and turns ..... thanks for the compliment

edited December 1969

@cjreynolds, I like the second one it has lots of twists and turns ..... thanks for the compliment

The result of a twisted mind, LOL! Thanks again :)

• dwseldwsel Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Thank you, that's quite a compliment for me.

Anyway, not a problem - just a quickie for fun on beginner tutorial island from here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14050/P450/#225867

Partial sky substitution (for a gradient) - I think it came out slightly too hazy/too bland at last. And would have been easier if I had depth and island object (with reflection) map.

tutorial_island.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 220K
    Post edited by dwsel on
    edited December 1969

One for the Python fans.... Shurrup yer ruddy Vikings! :-)

SpamPileALT2.jpg
    630 x 630 - 286K
    edited December 1969

@ TheSavage64 spam hmmmmm yum with eggs what an amazing render love it
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Amazing!

edited December 1969

dwsel_ said:

Thank you, that's quite a compliment for me.

Anyway, not a problem - just a quickie for fun on beginner tutorial island from here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14050/P450/#225867

Partial sky substitution (for a gradient) - I think it came out slightly too hazy/too bland at last. And would have been easier if I had depth and island object (with reflection) map.

Wow. Overall looks surreal. Incredible how it draws me in.

edited December 1969

Interesting. I cant be certain what the relationship is between these two figures but I am v=certain it is intimate. Very nice.

CJReynolds,
    Specular magic at work here?

David B.
    Hmm, You've really gone to town with the TA thing, especially the TA Optimization. Really nice meshes you've created and illuminated most dramatically. What are your render times?

Chohole,
    That lamp looks pretty much real to me. Perfect materials realization.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

This thread is racing right along. Rather hard to keep up. I've enjoyed seeing all the real nice images, though an aspirin might be needed after seeing cj's images--that or a seat belt.

• AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited January 2013

A new one of my Alien World Project:
    Organic's modeled with wings3d
    Nostromo astronauts: By Sean Kennedy ( who shared these to me after watching my project )

With the use of the right Pro materials and sun light.. you can get also awesome effects.
    The Alien creature and some of the tubes material is David brinnen's pitted bronze material

gsj1.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 119K
    Post edited by Atlantis on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Cool renders by everyone

Cjreynolds - awesome abstracts - lovely vivid colors

Atlantis - nice to see your work again.

David - thanks for the two beginners tutorials. ;)

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

RiverWorld comes to mind when I see this..

edited December 1969

Dwsel - I could easily supply you with the source - it's tiny. But I bet you've got plenty of better things to do than tinker with my renders. Your postwork has added a fantasy touch to the image. Looks much more "cinematic". A little bit of post magic goes a long way.

Dave - nice Spam render - your work on the label or is this an image lifted off the web?

Rashad - render times vary, from a few minutes to several hours - depending on the presence of transparency largely. A known bug. Glad you like them.

Erich - fantastic render, I wouldn't have recognised my material if you had not said so, you've done wonders with the lighting at first I thought it was a still from one of the films! I bet Dwsel with her cunning postworking magic skills could convince me utterly.

Mermaid - you are welcome.

Rareth - Riverworld - my favourite Sci-fi fantasy stories along with the Mythago series and I would have said Thomas Covenant but the recent ones have not been up to scratch in my view - so I might switch to anything by David Eddings - who is far more lightweight but very nice to read.

Oh... and new tutorials. Sort of related to the basic still life one in a way.

Bryce 25 minute lighting project - use sky - a tutorial by David Brinnen

Use_sky_start1.jpg
    700 x 700 - 160K
    edited January 2013

Dave - nice Spam render - your work on the label or is this an image lifted off the web?

Not my design this time... it's the official Monty Python Spam-A-Lot label... I just made the tin using booleans.
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

But I don't like Spam!

Well there's Spam, Spam, Spam, Eggs and Spam, that doesn't have very much Spam in it. :)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Couple of snow scene I rendered after following another of David's tutorials.

Not sure which one I prefer though.

Snow_Scene_1a.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 81K
    Snow_Scene1.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 79K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,540
    edited December 1969

@tlantis - good to see you back. Aliens, spot on!

@wilmap - second is better in my eyes. The ridges are a bit on the prominent side and they look better in the second. Good work.

• eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

But I don't like Spam!

Well there's Spam, Spam, Spam, Eggs and Spam, that doesn't have very much Spam in it. :)Guess what buddy,
    The internet is full of spam and spammers,
    so, get used to it.
    :) ;)

edited December 1969

I'm always impressed by the realism you and other folks here are able to do, but you do some really amazing other-worldly stuff with lighting and mats - I really like this one :)

This discussion has been closed.