Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3

Comments

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

They are all sad, they are just putting on brave faces.

"That’s what you see in them!"TM ;-)

• cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

Seems everyone is progressing, minus me...
    I am still doing ballz.

You got a lotta ballz!

• eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Eireann......need to make one of them sad...haha ;)

jay

They are all sad, they are just putting on brave faces.LMFAO :D
    Maybe I should make some stiffupperlippers.

edited December 1969

I am still doing ballz.

You got a lotta ballz!LOL

I said that to an Indian lady who warmed up her Chi Gong balls in the sun and she wasnt overly amused.

edited December 1969

I am still doing ballz.

You got a lotta ballz!

LOL

I said that to an Indian lady who warmed up her Chi Gong balls in the sun and she wasnt overly amused.

Ya, some folks just can't take a joke :)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: I like both of those images, the first because of its atmosphere, the second because of the coloring. Both are nicely done.

@eireann: Both images are really cute. Nice job.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Same bike, different day.

Purple-Pain.jpg
    1500 x 960 - 577K
    edited February 2013

I am still doing ballz.

You got a lotta ballz!

LOL

Ya, some folks just can't take a joke :)I think referring to her balls, it was something religious.
    This morning I wanted to take a photograph of her Qi Gong balls and she got protective / angry.
    She explained to me that it is not polite to take pictures of prayer items.
    I think thats something westerners cant really understand.

DSCF4361_(1000x750)_(700x525).jpg
    700 x 525 - 110K
    Post edited by eireann.sg on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

While cycling to work this morning, I had an idea, which I just remembered now. Seeking as ever to achieve the illusive, this idea was supposed to give me something like cheap SSS... instead it might have given me accidentally my long sort after and equally illusive electron microscope effect. What do you think?

Also... I'll just mention in passing Bryce 7 Pro 50 Metals the Heating Room Set by Horo and David Brinnen on sale at the moment

And to PJF - touche - that brought "a smile" to my face this morning.

Dave, nice bike render! Have you seen this before? http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=640&mode=search Good way of showing off the different sides of your model.

Eireann, yes I'd like to see how you exemplify stiffupperlips in a line drawing on a sphere. Quite a challenge?

Another_sss_experiment1.jpg
    700 x 700 - 71K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,540
    edited December 1969

@David - That LGM looks great! Yes, it does resemble the electron microscope effect.

@TheSavage - the bike looks great. All modeled in Bryce?

edited December 1969

And another - render time 5 minutes.

Another_sss_experiment2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 132K
  • M1chaelFrankM1chaelFrank Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow... amazing. That's an awesome effect.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I agree, I want to know how you did that.

edited December 1969

Yup, BGL (big green lady) looks amazing, render time as well (have another 22 hour one cooking).

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Well I made this snail inSculptris put in in Bryce changed it to different gemstones and one hour later I had this ...just an experiment hope you like it ...Thanks in advance for any feedback.....Trish

exp125.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 890K
    edited December 1969

If I get chance tomorrow I'll make a video to show how this can be setup. It is shockingly easy and works a treat.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750
    edited December 1969

If I get chance tomorrow I'll make a video to show how this can be setup. It is shockingly easy and works a treat.

Really like the toon alien effect.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 871
    edited February 2013

@David Brinnen: Amazing effect

I feel a bit behind the times with my scene, I still experimenting with IL. Nevertheless I am quiet happy with the trees, that IL scattered over my landscape. Render time 48 minutes.

BTW: A few sheep would quiet fit well into my scene, I guess.

golden_sunset_volclo2.jpg
    1000 x 577 - 85K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited February 2013

Worked with a electron microscope a long time ago (determing the angles in lines of a diffraction glass grating...he wtf-ed?), but the images were in b/w. Most impressive! Looking forward to the explanation, David, as the effect is simply awesome. Fluorescent, more like.

LGM (Little Green Men)...haha, Horo, haven't seen that acronym around for a long time - last time I heard it used was during an interview with Joceylyn Bell - astrophysicist, and discover of pulsars (rotating neutron stars). Huh...rotating what, she did what...duh...heheee ;)

Bullitt..Very nice...bet rendering the image was a bit SLLLOOOWWWW..get it SLLLOOOWWW. Okay, I'll shut up ;)

Elvis...Very Australian outback-like scene. All that's short is a Ned Kelly-like character ;) (no, not really, it might spoil it). But, it is a very nice scene indeed.

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

@David Brinnen: Amazing effect

I feel a bit behind the times with my scene, I still experimenting with IL. Nevertheless I am quiet happy with the trees, that IL scattered over my landscape. Render time 48 minutes.

BTW: A few sheep would quiet fit well into my scene, I guess.

Really like the "painterly" look to the trees - they still look realistic, I've seen trees look just like that, especially when it's raining. The leaves take on kind of an oil-painted look when the light's just right.

Really nice render!

edited December 1969

While cycling to work this morning, I had an idea, which I just remembered now. Seeking as ever to achieve the illusive, this idea was supposed to give me something like cheap SSS... instead it might have given me accidentally my long sort after and equally illusive electron microscope effect. What do you think?

Also... I'll just mention in passing Bryce 7 Pro 50 Metals the Heating Room Set by Horo and David Brinnen on sale at the moment

And to PJF - touche - that brought "a smile" to my face this morning.

Dave, nice bike render! Have you seen this before? http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=640&mode=search Good way of showing off the different sides of your model.

Eireann, yes I'd like to see how you exemplify stiffupperlips in a line drawing on a sphere. Quite a challenge?

The electron microscope effect you always wanted :)
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 500
    edited December 1969

This scene started with some more experiments using terrains to boolean terrains.

The planets are really large and really far back in the scene. Each is two spheres - one for the planet texture and one "fuzzy" texture for the atmosphere.

Trees from Abaro.
    "Beaver" shuttle by SpaceBones.
    Michael 4 and female Genesis figure (although she's hard to see!).
    Sampan by Serrge.
    Castle and other stuff modeled by me in Modo.
    Rendered with Skydome IBL and True Ambiance - about 7 and 1/2 hours at 64RPP.

Keep up the good work Y'all!

summer_villa.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 311K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited February 2013

Horo said:
    @TheSavage - the bike looks great. All modeled in Bryce?

No Horo, It's not something I've made, it's just another re-mapping textures project to make it Bryce friendly.
    I think it came with Poser when I bought the application.

I've been working on the paint job and reflections today... but in this render, I'm particularly pleased with the way the neon strip lights came out (though I think the .jpg may have lost some of the luminosity that the original render had).

Tower blocks are 'Dystopia City Blocks' again imported from Poser and not edited apart from the addition of the lights.

NeonChopperALT.jpg
    538 x 640 - 361K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Really like the affects you're getting with this latest experiment. Now all you need are skeletons to complete the affects.

@Bullit: Love the snails. All three are very clear to see.

@electro: That's a right smart looking image. Seems I've seen a few places like that. Nice job.

edited December 1969

@bullit - obviously, you've already got the hang of Sculptris. The snakes are great. Perhaps a bit on the dark side by very nice nevertheless.

@electro-elvis - looks really great. I like what you've accomplished here.

@Dan - great model! I thought it was from Alan Armstrong (that's a compliment). Quite obviously, you're a great modeler.

@TheSavage64 - oh yes, the neon strips look awesome. Great render.

edited December 1969

As promised, Bryce 5 minute effect project - fluorescent electron edge - a tutorial by David Brinnen

My money is on Eireanne being the first to try this out...

I'm pleased everyone seems keen on the effect, particularly since you are all showing far more expert renders than what I'm offering with this curiosity. Anyhow, give it a go, it might be useful for something unexpected.

Render times 50 seconds and 20 seconds respectively.

Fl_ele_edge1.jpg
    700 x 700 - 198K
    Fl_ele_edge0.jpg
    700 x 700 - 345K
    edited December 1969

You're money's lost.

EM1.jpg
    500 x 1000 - 126K
    edited February 2013

Dan...very nice...had missed the big planet until I enlarged the image.

Savage...that's a great piece of work...more futuristic than current. The cyclist better turn off his/her lights, though, else flat-batt syndrome ;)

Horo...wow...the effect [IS] super...have to give it a try. Btw...I was wondering in recent posts by you the 'squiggle' thingy in your images...but now see it's your sig'.

edited December 1969

A more appropriate subject - Black Widow spider. This time lit by IBL specularity only. (Treppenhalle, specular map, Intensity 33 applied to light source, Specularity 750.) Looks almost like a Röntgen image. The colour is from the HDRI (Saturation 100).

Thank you Jamahoney. David came up with this idea, it's rather easy to make it work.

EM3.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 186K
    edited February 2013

Cell division (below). It’s a very cool effect, David, can see ton's of uses for it. Was going to attempt a sperm, but went with just the cell(s) instead.

Jay

cell.jpg
    794 x 782 - 723K
This discussion has been closed.