Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    That makes 3 of us. I really like the way this is turning out Savage. ;-)

Thanks guys. :)

I'm not sure I have the motivation to work more on it tonight, but I have done this alternative render of it with some different materials.
    100% Bryce modelled and rendered (slight colour correction in Photoshop).

Mosque1Sky.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 267K
  • mcloweryjrmcloweryjr Posts: 2
    edited February 2013

Hello everyone,

I just got started using Bryce in the last couple of months. It's so much easier to whip up a quick scene with than many other programs out there and they look good to boot! LoL Did some messing around with a few models I had on my drive. Here's a couple of rendrings.

A-Martin.png
    668 x 468 - 260K
    Ferrari_02.png
    668 x 468 - 320K
    Chex-Chopper.png
    668 x 468 - 386K
    BadAss_Ferrari_02.png
    613 x 429 - 214K
    Post edited by mcloweryjr on
    edited December 1969

Welcome Mcloweryjr, great start there.
    I think that chopper bike is the same one I used a few weeks ago, but I have several so I'm not entirely sure. :)

This just a close up/different angle of what I've been working on for the past few days.

MosqueClose.jpg
    750 x 650 - 223K
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

This just a close up/different angle of what I've been working on for the past few days.

I'm really really liking this. Nice closeup. ;-)
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: I have to concur with PJF about your videos. Like PJ, I like to know why something is done a certain way, or what happens if this or that setting is chosen. I also haven't used Bryce long enough for the information to be ingrained when I do work with Bryce. Also, compared to some I've heard, you have a very good voice for videos. Even if you stumble once in awhile.

@Dave: Didn't you forget to provide a rail to tie up the camels? Can't have them wondering all over the place leaving camel apples where they please. A real nice job.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,540
    edited December 1969

@mcloweryjr - welcome to Bryce. Nice start.

@TheSavage64 - also the close-up looks amazing. Who says Bryce cannot be used to model?

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Still doodling with David’s tutorials this one is Bryce still life project - "capsules" - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Well done, that looks very convincing. I'm pleased to see you have been able to follow the tutorial. I hope you are happy with the result and can envision using this approach again (but based on subjects of your own concoction).

Only time will tell if I can translate this knowledge to my work. I’m having too much fun messing around using your tutorials. Thanks for making Bryce enjoyable and fun.

Dave – the close up is very nice.

Mcloweryir cool renders.

• SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

I think that chopper bike is the same one I used a few weeks ago, but I have several so I'm not entirely sure. :)

oh I do like your castle
    edited February 2013

Hi everyone I have been very busy doing nothing and enjoying it, I do have an image to view but I can't upload it has some nudity shame on me LOL but here is a link if you wish to view it http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/full.php?image_id=2411356

Title Beauty Of the Beast sometimes opposites can attract ..........love is blind .............. Happy Valentine's

Post edited by Sylverdali on
    edited December 1969

Still playing with the GWL...

And made another short tutorial. This one aims to provide just the method without any of my theories on how things work. So you just follow the steps - all the steps - and it should just work. That's the theory behind that.

Bryce "TCB" - obscure lighting - a five minute tutorial by David Brinnen

really neat love the creature David
    edited December 1969

Here's a fun, if somewhat weird effect. I took Horo's fish eye view lens and stuck it inside itself to create "Fish eye view lens extreme edition".

First image is the original, those of you with the mentoring DVD might recognise.

Second image is the fish eye extreme.

very extreme effect but i like it
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone I have been very busy doing nothing and enjoying it, I do have an image to view but I can't upload it has some nudity shame on me LOL but here is a link if you wish to view it http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/full.php?image_id=2411356

Title Beauty Of the Beast sometimes opposites can attract ..........love is blind .............. Happy Valentine's

Nice image

we do so need those content filters.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

I am fascinated by the curious distortions that give the background image a seemingly entirely contrary geometry. I thought some of the results looked like islands floating in a blue sea and others were like peering down a well. So I tried to transform that idea into a terrain. Here's the result. Then I decided to do another animation based on the falling down the well idea.

Horo's gigantic wide angle lens - "The Well" an animation - by David Brinnen

These are really great David and I have to wonder having recently read a thread about Fractal animations if this technique could be used to give the appearance of a constantly changing zooming in on a colourful fractal mandlebrot pattern?

Or maybe using one of the Escher animal patterns where the birds turn into fish etc.

Just a thought. :)

Horo's gigantic wide angle lens - viewing M.C. Escher style texture - a video by David Brinnen

I already had the pattern...

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited February 2013

Thank you PJF, well I suppose I'll do both then and people can pick and choose what they like. Practice will eventually improve my presentation skills, but it is a constant battle not to say um... a lot.

Nice work on the temple Dave,

and I will also take this opportunity to welcome mcloweryjr.

Thank you also to Jamie, Miss B and silverdali for your kind remarks. Now if I can only figure out how to persuade Renderosity to let me on their site...

I'll start the usual battle with the login.

Edit... yup that's one beastly looking beast! Did you make him yourself?

Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

@silverdali - outstanding render. Light and poses are beautifully done.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited February 2013

I’ll start the usual battle with the login

Yeah, I'm probably taking your comments out of context here, but this 'login' thingy has always been an issue/bugbear for me when joining such 'sites'.

There [are] several ways that such sites should behave to avoid such setup(s), but, of course, they don't - I presume they are using the logins to collect stats., and prevent hacks...etc., for the future. Still, a lot of them should initially consider the end-user in the first place, but, of course, they obviously don't.

Jay
    Edit: Again, I would have liked to have seen Silversdali's work (guranteed to be excellent, of course, from past works/renders I've seen), but this 'Login' thingy was required....sigh.

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

One of the few sites I have registered to and contribute an artwork at irregular intervals. But I can at least log.in swiftly.

edited December 1969

I am registered there, obviously as most of my uploaded images are there, but I clicked the remember me button, and stay logged in, no matter how long between visits.

• eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thats really something, a pic that shows some nudity shame. LMAO
  • eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nice, do you have triangular ones, too?
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    I’ll start the usual battle with the login

Yeah, I'm probably taking your comments out of context here, but this 'login' thingy has always been an issue/bugbear for me when joining such 'sites'.

There [are] several ways that such sites should behave to avoid such setup(s), but, of course, they don't - I presume they are using the logins to collect stats., and prevent hacks...etc., for the future. Still, a lot of them should initially consider the end-user in the first place, but, of course, they obviously don't.

Jay
    Edit: Again, I would have liked to have seen Silversdali's work (guranteed to be excellent, of course, from past works/renders I've seen), but this 'Login' thingy was required....sigh. Hi Jay here is another website hope this one works http://www.flickr.com/photos/33235233@N05/8454640785/lightbox/ thanks for the compliment

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Dave: Didn't you forget to provide a rail to tie up the camels? Can't have them wondering all over the place leaving camel apples where they please. A real nice job.

Pffffttt!!!... everyone's a critic... :cheese:

MosqueCamel.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 192K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Davie: Your latest GWL looks like a kaleidoscope. Nicely done.

@silver: That's one gorgeous image. Very nice.

@Dave: Hahaha...that precious. Well done.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Dave - Magnificent - love the addition of the camel and palm trees

edited December 1969

Dave - Magnificent - love the addition of the camel and palm trees

Yes, even the sky fits with all that sand in the air.
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

Pffffttt!!!... everyone's a critic... :cheese:

Is that the Daz camel ?, you can make it pull some funny faces if you try hard.

desert_song.jpg
    578 x 768 - 371K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Silver...ah, got it and, as usual, a great work, – but just how did the poor girl manage to get in to such trouble...hahaa ;)

Savage...yeah, the grainy effect works well – adds a sort of softness to the scene.

Chohole...funny-faced camels...hmmm, now is that with the north African camel of the middle-eastern type...:) Btw, I like your exotic maiden, too...the dates are obviously a reference to her being single...hahaaa.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Is that the Daz camel ?, you can make it pull some funny faces if you try hard.

No, it's a static low poly freebie from here. :)

Camels have got funny faces anyway. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Very interesting lady, Pam. It looks as if she had wings like a fly and the dress at the bottom hints at a fish tail. Indeed a fairy scene.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    That makes 3 of us. I really like the way this is turning out Savage. ;-)

Thanks guys. :)

I'm not sure I have the motivation to work more on it tonight, but I have done this alternative render of it with some different materials.
    100% Bryce modelled and rendered (slight colour correction in Photoshop).

Have you considered becoming a vendor? Seriously, with that latest render it's starting to take on the look of a product someone might buy and it's definately a better looking product then some things I've seen sold in the past.

This discussion has been closed.