error with new free item

R25SR25S Posts: 595
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Todays Newsletter say "The Garbage Pile" by DAZ is 100% off but it appear only 30% off....

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

has been reported

• williamboswellwilliamboswell Posts: 130
    edited January 2013

R25S said:
    Todays Newsletter say "The Garbage Pile" by DAZ is 100% off but it appear only 30% off....

Where do you see 30% off? All I see is the price of $11.95 in my cart. I can't even find it in the store, but the newsletter does show 100% off.

Post edited by williamboswell on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,811
    edited December 1969

whbos said:
    R25S said:

Where do you see 30% off? All I see is the price of $11.95 in my cart. I can't even find it in the store, but the newsletter does show 100% off.
    It was free in may cart, and then whilst browsing I was suddenly logged out, which is probably what happened to you. When I logged back in it was in my cart at $8.37...

• williamboswellwilliamboswell Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

No, I was still logged in. It showed the same price before I was logged in.

This site has been acting very weird lately. When posting in the forum I keep getting messages to log in even when I'm already logged in. I have to keep going back to hit the post button to get anything posted. I liked the old site better. This one is terrible.

• Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

I was not logged in and the price was $11.95. When I logged in it became 8.95.

Between that and the serial number e-mail it isn't the best way for DAZ to start the New Year. Or is a well working website just wishfull thinking?

edited December 1969
  • wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

I did not see the thing in the shop at all
    I wonder how many products have to same fate of never having being seen by potential customers
    (the link works, but I don't see it in the store when browsing)

• Jack238Jack238 Posts: 117
    edited January 2013

Sorry, it is not fixed for me as of the time of this post. The e-mail I received said 100% off. The item page says the price is $0.00, Once in my shopping cart, it magically goes to $11.95. I tried it a few times. Logged off and on and the same problem remains. Hope it gets completely fixed soon.

Post edited by Jack238 on
  • Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

Me either. Still showing as 11.95. Good lord the site is a mess today.
    :-(

• xmarinexmarine Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Not fixed. Still showing a charge of $11.95 when I go to checkout.

• xmarinexmarine Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

neimann said:

Update. Just completed checkout. Cost was $0.00. I was trying to place order before on my iPad. Tried to order on my Mac and all is well. No issues. Who knew?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

neimann said:

Log out, clear cookies, clear cache...restart browser, log back in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And before one more person complains 'why do I have to do THAT'...here's why.

DAZ is using Cloudflare to serve up the site. Cloudflare is primarily a caching service. So that's one level of cached pages. Then most ISPs are caching, to some degree, pages also. Plus your local cache, on your machine. So that's at least 3 levels of caching.

Most browsers, by default, have a 3 hr limit before the page is 'stale'...ISP caches are usually 3 to 6 hrs...Cloudflare is some amount of time, but is pretty good at updating page changes, quickly. So, if you don't want to manually clear the cache on your browser, which usually will force a fresh page load, then wait at least 6 hours for the caches to update on their own...

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    neimann said:

DAZ is using Cloudflare to serve up the site. Cloudflare is primarily a caching service. So that's one level of cached pages. Then most ISPs are caching, to some degree, pages also. Plus your local cache, on your machine. So that's at least 3 levels of caching.

Most browsers, by default, have a 3 hr limit before the page is 'stale'...ISP caches are usually 3 to 6 hrs...Cloudflare is some amount of time, but is pretty good at updating page changes, quickly. So, if you don't want to manually clear the cache on your browser, which usually will force a fresh page load, then wait at least 6 hours for the caches to update on their own...

So... DAZ is switching to cloudfare and suddenly we get missing and incorrect pages and this is all because of the users and ISP caches???????

• WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    neimann said:

Did all that, but still can't put it in my cart. For me, it's still broke.

edited December 1969

WimvdB said:
    mjc1016 said:
    neimann said:

So... DAZ is switching to cloudfare and suddenly we get missing and incorrect pages and this is all because of the users and ISP caches???????

Maybe not the only reason...but multiple layers of caching is definitely a primary contributing factor. The wrong page was put up and got cached...so without bypassing the caches and forcing a fresh page load, you'll just have to wait for the caches to naturally clear (oh, and my ISP updates its cache on 'less popular pages'...read anything that isn't Yahoo, Google, Amazon, Youtube, Facebook and the like, every 24 hrs).

SO THAT is why you need to manually clear it out...

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

WimvdB said:

No I don't think so, but it can be annoying time to time
    temp.jpg
    915 x 767 - 355K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,934
    edited December 1969

There are some issues with the store today that DAZ has been notified about. They may not get to it until tomorrow though.

edited January 2013

Frank0314 said:
    There are some issues with the store today that DAZ has been notified about. They may not get to it until tomorrow though.

Yea, I know, but it seems to be working again, was able to checkout just now.

Other than the 'this website is offline' notice, things were rather smoothly in Chrome , IE 9 on the other hand cam be a disaster in the shop.
    :coolgrin:

Hmm, smilies not working??

:-)

Post edited by Safeunderdark on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,846
    edited December 1969

Earlier I was getting the same issue, which I know the mod team and myself both reported...I did a hard refresh just now in FireFox (CTRL + F5) and was able to see the cart right and it did let me checkout with the freebie and the price was free. It does seem they are working on it now. If you are still getting the cloud flare errors, I would give it a bit more time and try refreshing and check again. If you keep having issues, please let me know and I'll send through something more on it :) (Also maybe let me know which browser(s) you tried etc but it seems the site has been up and down while they work on it so it may be a bit longer before it's all finished up :)

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,846
    edited December 1969

I also just checked and was able to download the installer for the freebie as well :)

edited January 2013

Earlier I was getting the same issue, which I know the mod team and myself both reported...I did a hard refresh just now in FireFox (CTRL + F5) and was able to see the cart right and it did let me checkout with the freebie and the price was free. It does seem they are working on it now. If you are still getting the cloud flare errors, I would give it a bit more time and try refreshing and check again. If you keep having issues, please let me know and I'll send through something more on it :) (Also maybe let me know which browser(s) you tried etc but it seems the site has been up and down while they work on it so it may be a bit longer before it's all finished up :)

I did notice something weird here:

My cart, just says 'My cart' when I'm in the Forum (community) And there is an item in it,
    when I click 'My cart' it does show the item and then it says 'My cart (1)'.

When I'm in the shop it does say 'My Cart (1)'.

looks like parts of the site not communicating correctly..

Same result in IE9 and Chrome.
    weird...

Post edited by Safeunderdark on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Wow, this is a really nice freebie! Thank you, Ann.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    WimvdB said:
    mjc1016 said:
    neimann said:

Maybe not the only reason...but multiple layers of caching is definitely a primary contributing factor. The wrong page was put up and got cached...so without bypassing the caches and forcing a fresh page load, you'll just have to wait for the caches to naturally clear (oh, and my ISP updates its cache on 'less popular pages'...read anything that isn't Yahoo, Google, Amazon, Youtube, Facebook and the like, every 24 hrs).

SO THAT is why you need to manually clear it out...

It is not the local cache since a different browser which uses another cache has the same problem. It is not the ISP's cache- since they always have loaded the new page from DAZ whenever I get it from a link or when I do a refresh and no other website has problems with these "stuck" pages. Since other people experience the same problem and Cloudflare does give error pages every once a while, doesn't it seem likely that the problem is with Cloudflare and NOT with the rest of the world?

Deleting cookies from your system is a very user unfriendly thing to do since it also deletes all the site cookies from other sites which actually are useful.

The big harm here is done to the PA's here since their products will never appear on the front page and some people will not purchase since they are missed by these people

It has been now 9 months since this store opened with continuing problems and some of the urgent problems reported in the early days are still not adressed

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

I did notice something weird here:

My cart, just says 'My cart' when I'm in the Forum (community) And there is an item in it,
    when I click 'My cart' it does show the item and then it says 'My cart (1)'.

When I'm in the shop it does say 'My Cart (1)'.

looks like parts of the site not communicating correctly..

Same result in IE9 and Chrome.
    weird...

It's always been like that, when in the forum it doesn't indicate how many items are in the cart or wishlist.

edited December 1969

WimvdB said:

I was sarcastic

edited December 1969

WimvdB said:
    WimvdB said:

I was sarcastic`

Me too ^_^

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 766
    edited December 1969

OkI saw the new freebie in the newsletter and clicked the link and when I click it to put it in my cart, it tells me that "The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1." but there is not one in my cart and I have not got it yet, it is telling me the same thing for last week's freebie which I have not got yet because I have been busy. looks like I might miss that one if it becomes a not freebie while this is still going on.

edited December 1969

You probably put it in your cart while you were not actually logged in to the store. THe store and the forum are different log ins. Make sure that you are logged into your account in the store, then put another item in your cart, any item will do, as you now need to edit your cart to remove it, and you should see the first item is already there,

edited December 1969

Malandar said:
    OkI saw the new freebie in the newsletter and clicked the link and when I click it to put it in my cart, it tells me that "The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1." but there is not one in my cart and I have not got it yet, it is telling me the same thing for last week's freebie which I have not got yet because I have been busy. looks like I might miss that one if it becomes a not freebie while this is still going on.

Add something else to your cart, after making sure you are logged in...then if the quantity 2 shows up for the free item, adjust it to 1 and then update the cart. You can remove the extra item...

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Wow, this is a really nice freebie! Thank you, Ann.

My sentiments exactly!!

Have a great new year and TYVM!!