2»

Comments

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@ Frank0314

Another funny thing I just noticed:

When I look at your profile I see this:

Member Local Time January 01, 2013 06:05 PM
    Last Visit January 01, 2013 11:01 PM <-- now how it that possible, time travel ??</span>
    Most Recent Forum Post January 01, 2013 10:47 PM <-- also Here</span>

this is weird... ^_^

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,934
    edited December 1969

Yeah that is weird. being as its only 4:15pm my time.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

So you are a time traveler!

^_^

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 766
    edited December 1969

Got them, thanks for telling me which hoops to jump through :P

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,934
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

So you are a time traveler!

^_^

I wish I could figure it out so I can make a killer pack that every customer on DAZ would want.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

@ Frank0314

Last Visit January 01, 2013 11:01 PM <-- now how it that possible, time travel ??</span>

this is weird... ^_^

Umm...no...not going to say it...but...oh hell,

THAT is one hell of a lot of evidence for what I was talking about earlier...caching problems being most/all of the main problem. And it really gets bad if, as is so obvious with all those time stamps, one of the intermediate steps is definitely out of sync/possibly set to the wrong time.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    @ Frank0314

this is weird... ^_^

THAT is one hell of a lot of evidence for what I was talking about earlier...caching problems being most/all of the main problem. And it really gets bad if, as is so obvious with all those time stamps, one of the intermediate steps is definitely out of sync/possibly set to the wrong time.
    That actually isn't a caching issue. That is some display on time stamps not converting from GMT to local time.

• Jack238Jack238 Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

It worked for me this time. Hooray!

I did notice two interesting things about my order. The order date was 1/1/13 but in the downloads it is dated 1/2/13 where items I purchased earlier today said 1/1/13. This seems to point to the problem being some kind of date issue. But, more importantly for me, I noticed that these downloads now have the file size listed while I download them which was not showing up previously. I stopped looking for the size, so I am not sure how long this may have been fixed but it sure is nice to see on bigger downloads.

Happy New Year everyone. Do your part to make it a great new year for all.

edited December 1969

DAZ_Jon said:
    mjc1016 said:
    @ Frank0314

this is weird... ^_^

That actually isn't a caching issue. That is some display on time stamps not converting from GMT to local time.

Well, if you go to Frank's next post he say's it 4:15 his time..which would be closer to correct, accounting for messed up GMT conversions...but look at the forum time stamp on that post...4:13 pm...

Take both the "member local time" and the odd discrepancy in time stamps and it's either a sync/cache problem or there's a server somewhere in the chain that is on the wrong time and is NOT 'self correcting'/updating/getting the time from the network...or Frank is currently logging in from the International Space Station.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,846
    edited January 2013

Elowan said:
    Spit said:
    Wow, this is a really nice freebie! Thank you, Ann.

My sentiments exactly!!

Have a great new year and TYVM!!

You`re both more then welcome, though the real thanks goes to DAZ who makes all these freebies possible for everyone :) I should also mention I had nothing to do with this one :) It was all Time Traveling Frank and NeilV_1 who did all the work on this set :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,905
    edited January 2013

DAZ_Jon said:

Same problem with order timestamps and timestamps for files for the orders, there seem to be a one hour time difference so if you check out within an hour before DAZ midnight they will show different dates:
    daztimeerr.jpg
    411 x 266 - 33K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Wow now!

it was not my intention to get this whole thread off-topic

What ever it is/was I thought it was funny to see, that's all,

now back on topic: ( ^_* )

I installed 'the Garbage pile', but where is it in Studio ??
    I tried to make a nice render, just to show off, but I can't find in anywhere???

not in Scene /props/landscapes, etc, it is not there.
    Metadata screen has popped-up so it should be installed somewhere....

Hmm, feels weird:
    searching for a pile of garbage, and feeling cranky because I can't find it.
    I would be happy, because all is clean.. -lol-

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,920
    edited December 1969

It's in Poser format, so Poser Formats>My Library (or whatever)>Props>ART_Garbage Pile as I recall (mine has of course been moved).

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

MJC, if your ISP is slow on updating cache you're kinda stuck as the old content will be served up until your ISP updates its cache. Unless of course I got the bull by the wrong horn?

edited December 1969

MJC, if your ISP is slow on updating cache you're kinda stuck as the old content will be served up until your ISP updates its cache. Unless of course I got the bull by the wrong horn?

Yes and no...generally, a fresh browser session with no local cache and no cookie will force a fresh page load.

Also, changing your DNS servers to something other than your ISP tends to bypass the ISP caching. I've been using the Google DNS for a few years now and have had a lot less problems with 'stale pages'.

Of course, another way to force caches to update...spend a lot time/go to a lot of pages on a particular site. Actual activity is probably the best way to get the cache updated.

edited January 2013

Taozen said:
    DAZ_Jon said:

Same problem with order timestamps and timestamps for files for the orders, there seem to be a one hour time difference so if you check out within an hour before DAZ midnight they will show different dates:

Yeah, that's what I was talking about...the hour difference between the 'local' time and GMT and what the 'local' time should be. Something in the chain is out of sync or has the wrong time...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    DAZ_Jon said:

We moved to servers that are in CST timezone on the 31st. Previously they were in EST. That is the hour difference that hasn't been corrected for yet.
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Jon said:
    Taozen said:
    DAZ_Jon said:

We moved to servers that are in CST timezone on the 31st. Previously they were in EST. That is the hour difference that hasn't been corrected for yet.

That one hour 'off' is going to throw quite a few things for a loop.

edited January 2013

It's in Poser format, so Poser Formats>My Library (or whatever)>Props>ART_Garbage Pile as I recall (mine has of course been moved).

Hi Richard, Happy new year to you to ^_^.

Sorry, but you are wrong, this should be also in the DS content.

And I'm happy to tell you is works now as it should see attachment 1.

And to show off, as I wanted to do, see attachment 2

Happy new year to you all!

Oh, BTW I fixed it by resetting the database and re-importing all of the meta date, and tada there is was where it should be :)

Yea Right, and right this moment I got this error :

Error Message: We are unable to accept file attachments at this time

I'm so frustrated right now, now I can show off because I've fixed the problem, and I can't show off anyway!

OK, lets try is this way

This should do it :)

Thanks for the help everyone!

EDIT: YAY attachments work again!!

happy_new_year_-v2.jpg
    893 x 745 - 584K
    temp.jpg
    1440 x 995 - 310K
    Post edited by Safeunderdark on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,920
    edited December 1969

Those are still Poser files, just appearing in the metadata-controlled areas (Smart Content and the products list). Anyway, glad you found it - and made good use of it.