V4 Glove Clothing distort/streching on Genesis with Autofit

2»

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

The problem with the first set of gloves is that the claws extend well beyond the finger tips, and so DS makes the wrong call on what they belong to (and similarly it isn't sure what the mesh should be following when it adjusts the shape, hence the jiggle from modified to original shape even in the zeroed pose). Gloves that fit close to the skin won't generally have the same issue - it's when there's ambiguity (dangling loin cloths, say, which are caught between two legs) or great separation from the body mesh that problems are most likely.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

The problem with the first set of gloves is that the claws extend well beyond the finger tips, and so DS makes the wrong call on what they belong to (and similarly it isn't sure what the mesh should be following when it adjusts the shape, hence the jiggle from modified to original shape even in the zeroed pose). Gloves that fit close to the skin won't generally have the same issue - it's when there's ambiguity (dangling loin cloths, say, which are caught between two legs) or great separation from the body mesh that problems are most likely.
    that's what I thought after seeing the image with the claws fixed via rigging. I've been using morphs to fix the problems I was getting with things but I'm beginning to think it may be easier in the long run to look at the rigging before doing anything else...better get back to work on blondies tutorial. ; )
  • matt_e8d6faf681matt_e8d6faf681 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    that's what I thought after seeing the image with the claws fixed via rigging. I've been using morphs to fix the problems I was getting with things but I'm beginning to think it may be easier in the long run to look at the rigging before doing anything else...better get back to work on blondies tutorial. ; )

It's certainly a lot faster for scene setup then a really high collision iteration setup! :)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

Shalewind said:
    Pendraia said:

It's certainly a lot faster for scene setup then a really high collision iteration setup! :)True...I haven't had any issues but I'm on a reasonably good computer. For someone on a lower end comp it would be a nightmare.