Attack of the EULA

Comments

• jmitchinjmitchin Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Same problem here. Can not get into my account.

• swfreemanswfreeman Posts: 6
    edited January 2013

same here, no matter what ive tried.
    even tried a support ticket. but clicking that button just gets me back to the licence agreement

Post edited by swfreeman on
  • hjakehjake Posts: 857
    edited December 1969

obviously this is just a glitch in the system.

or maybe they are REALLLLLLLLLY proud of their EULA

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

For some reason this stuff always happens late at night when no one is around that knows anything or can fix it :(

I think Buddles is trying to update the website again

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

hjake said:

If they were proud of it, they could frame it and put it above their desks in their office :-P

• gypsyangelgypsyangel Posts: 1,010
    edited December 1969

Yeah, what is that all about?

edited December 1969

right now i feel like an extra in a red shirt and no one is answering my hails

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

For some reason this stuff always happens late at night when no one is around that knows anything or can fix it :(

I think Buddles is trying to update the website again

But isn't it normally on a Friday night? LOL

edited December 1969

lol yeah, it is usually on a friday night

• clipkaclipka Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

And yes, they do have a working support hotline, and no, there's nobody answering it outside business hours...

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

There is another thread with a substantial amount of replies already.

Just look for "Attack of the EULA"

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited January 2013

If I did not agree with the daz eula I'd stopped spending money here and became a software pirate to use it illegally but free. I'm still here, buying the satisfying me products, thus, giving my respect to the creators. But somehow I very often feel no respect from the company.

Post edited by Coon Ra on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Well..it could mean that the 'fabled' install manager is about to go live...

Or it could just be a major screw-up.

edited December 1969

on the bright side, it seems no one can buy anything until this glitch gets fixed, so guys what will be top priority once someone who can do something sees this

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,880
    edited December 1969

I just want to make sure I'm understanding something:

Are people now going into Studio to discover that the program is -- possibly for the first time ever in version 4 -- reaching out to the website, discovering that people haven't accepted the EULA (because they can't), and deleting items from their Studio installation?

Or is the issue that you're trying to reinstall/update Studio, and because the installers can't tell the server that you've accepted the EULA (didn't realize it could do that, either) it won't install the content? I'm a bit confused here.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,885
    edited January 2013

vwrangler said:
    I just want to make sure I'm understanding something:

Are people now going into Studio to discover that the program is -- possibly for the first time ever in version 4 -- reaching out to the website, discovering that people haven't accepted the EULA (because they can't), and deleting items from their Studio installation?

Or is the issue that you're trying to reinstall/update Studio, and because the installers can't tell the server that you've accepted the EULA (didn't realize it could do that, either) it won't install the content? I'm a bit confused here.

People are trying to shop on the website or get into their account to reset or download products, and are getting a page with the EULA instead.

I'm in the same situation. I can window shop, but that's about it.

If you're logged out, you can look at the product pages, but logged in... I can see the categories, but not the individual products.

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
    edited December 1969

the timing, just perfect. waited for days that my paypal money transfer goes through, checked the price on the checkout of my items just before i went to sleep. i wake up, check my mail, the money is here..but now the store is broken.

OH THE IRONY

and i hoped to get a spin with my new items before i gotta go to work

• hjakehjake Posts: 857
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    hjake said:

If they were proud of it, they could frame it and put it above their desks in their office :-P

But it is always better to share and now we can all share is the bounteous joy that is the EULA

License Fees. User agrees to pay DAZ3D prior to or concurrent with delivery of the 3- D Model(s) the full purchase price for the 3-D Model(s). Any payment not made when due shall accrue interest at the rate of one and one-half percent (1 1/2%) per month. In addition, User agrees to pay DAZ3D any and all applicable tax that is levied in conjunction with the purchase of this License for the 3-D Model(s) whenever DAZ3D must collect and/or pay such taxes from or on behalf of User according to the applicable statutes and ordinances, as interpreted by the departmental authority of the taxing unit. Furthermore, User agrees to pay DAZ3D all costs, expenses, and attorney's fees expended by DAZ3D in the collection of the purchase price, whether by filing a lawsuit or otherwise.

• ChrisCarrollChrisCarroll Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Well this is uber annoying.

I guess no Mech tonight with the killer sale.. lol Oh well..

edited December 1969

I'm baffled, if anyone knows anything, they are not telling me

edited December 1969

It's just been one continuous fustercluck since they updated the site. I miss the old site... :-/

• AroTch WIPAroTch WIP Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I was starting to get pissed since I'm doing a total redownload, and can't get the enviroment installer to run.

edited December 1969

i think the pony unflated

edited December 1969

Let me guess: You also didn't manage to contact anyone who could alert someone who could do something about this crap?

• Beat578Beat578 Posts: 191
    edited January 2013

Its still not working. And there is not even a Button "I read it", that would tell the store, ok he has seen it at least 200 times already...
    was on the search for some of my old stuff. not today as it seems.

Post edited by Beat578 on
    edited December 1969

Arotech said:
    I was starting to get pissed since I'm doing a total redownload, and can't get the enviroment installer to run.

Maybe YOU'RE the one that broke the site!! Bet you did! ;)
    edited December 1969

clipka said:

Let me guess: You also didn't manage to contact anyone who could alert someone who could do something about this crap?

yeah, you guess correctly

edited December 1969

its a one trick pony...
    tried to use my browser history to get to my checkout page i was able to reach like 5 hours ago.
    and get redirected to the licence.

edited December 1969

I'm only a Community Volunteer, I am not employed by Daz. We are just here to help you all out. They don't tell us much.

edited December 1969

clipka said:

yeah, you guess correctly

Did anyone already mention that this sucks? Ah well, never mind... seems like ranting doesn't get us any help either.