Attack of the EULA

1235»

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    I had the same problem. I had just "upgraded" my free Avast to the trial version of their internet security, and installed several Win7 updates. I went back to a restore point 2 days ago, and everything is working perfect now. Is there any chance the problems everyone is having might be related to either their firewall or a Windows update?

Just thought I'd pop in and share what happened to me. It's a long shot, but maybe there is a common thread between everyone's problems related either to an update on your system or a common firewall setting (and maybe a change on the website that triggered a firewall issue that didn't exist before).

Nope...this one was a genuine SNAFU...the site was really and truly FUBAR (mostly). The EULA was, other than the links, the only content available for a short while...the pages were being composited with the EULA, instead of what they were supposed to have.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited January 2013

Yay! It's back! I thought I'd done something wrong and was suspected of abusing the license or something. Strangely my internet connection went down just after trying to log in so then the paranoia really set in. I was expecting MI5 or the CIA to come crashing through the doors and windows and then redacting me to a Lithuanian safe house overnight. I won't bore you with the rest...

So as not to make this a completely redundant duplicate thread does anyone know if there's a thread that explains the different downloadable file types and which ones to install in DAZ Studio 4.5 for Genesis? I'm not sure if I'm installing the right files to the right places. Thanks!

Post edited by Superdog on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Threads merged as there were several on this subject

edited December 1969

I have merged two threads on this subject.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,954
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I wonder if they were the same two I just merged? I hope we didn't break the site if so.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I wonder if they were the same two I just merged? I hope we didn't break the site if so.
    LOL That would be something totally new! A broken site!! :lol:

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Seems to have been fixed

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Attack of the EULA. I like the name.

Last night for about two and a half hours, between 9:00 PM MST and 11:20 PM MST a configuration flag got set on an update to the store that triggered the EULA page that redirected anyone logged into the store to it with no way to accept it. This was corrected as soon as it was noticed, but unfortunately didn't get noticed for that time since it was at a relatively late hour. Sorry for the interruption and problems this caused.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Jon said:

Last night for about two and a half hours, between 9:00 PM MST and 11:20 PM MST a configuration flag got set on an update to the store that triggered the EULA page that redirected anyone logged into the store to it with no way to accept it. This was corrected as soon as it was noticed, but unfortunately didn't get noticed for that time since it was at a relatively late hour. Sorry for the interruption and problems this caused.

Yeah, and it took about another hour and a half to two hours to work it's way through all the cloud servers, judging from the 'it's back' reports.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,190
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    chohole said:

LOL That would be something totally new! A broken site!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dana

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Well I didn't check again when I first got online today, mostly because I wasn't having a problem late last night. I'm glad to see it's working again for all you folks.

Thanks DAZ_Jon for letting us know what the problem was. ;-)

• Mortar MoppMortar Mopp Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

right now i feel like an extra in a red shirt and no one is answering my hails

Well, as a Visitor, you DO have a red outfit.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

lol true

its funny how many dont recognize that symbol

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,902
    edited January 2013

DAZ_Jon said:

Thanks for the update and stuff...but um....

sorry... I'm supposed to be one of the semi-informed, (I guess) but I have no idea who you are.... so...um, hi, I guess, and thanks again and stuff...lol

(pssst....anybody know who DAZ_Jon is? -- lol) :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
    edited December 1969

lol true

its funny how many dont recognize that symbol

Well, it was waaaay back in the '80s. Loved the mini-series; the series, only so-so. And we won't even discuss the NEW V.

edited December 1969

Well, the label over his avatar says "Administrator", so I assume he works for DAZ.

edited December 1969

Greg_B said:

Well, the label over his avatar says "Administrator", so I assume he works for DAZ.

LOL... I would be likely to assume the same thing...lol. :)

I'm just a little surprised to see a new Daz person that I wasn't told about... maybe it's not a new Daz person? Maybe it's an "old" secret Daz ninja person??? lol I don't know... I was just trying to be a little silly...and say hi! :)

edited December 1969

Well he is not only an Administrator with a DAZ_Name, but he is one of tjhe Super Admins if you check his profile, so I would think it would be more interesting to try working out what Super Powers he has been granted, and also of course whether he does indeed wear his underpants over the top of his tights.

:coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

LOL... Super Powers and ninja status with tights and outside underpants.... hahaha... I'm getting quite an interesting picture now... :)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

See each product individually when I'm logged in, check.
    Go into my account, check.
    Open Itemized History Order, check.
    Open order and see details, check.
    Went to shop, entered the Victorian Nurse stuff, went though cart and bought it, downloading ok, check.

I am not sure what's happening with your guys, but DAZ3D's site work fine on my end. Are you trying to freak me out? Today is payday, so I'm gonna see what I can get soonish in my wishlist that hasn't lost it's sales-%tage.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

... I am not sure what's happening with your guys, but DAZ3D's site work fine on my end. Are you trying to freak me out? Today is payday, so I'm gonna see what I can get soonish in my wishlist that hasn't lost it's sales-%tage.

You missed the party Norse ;-)... back when the posts above were being made, most of those steps you just "Check"ed through were showing the EULA (only), with no way forward. This particular problem has been solved, for your buying pleasure (^_^)d.
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    ... I am not sure what's happening with your guys, but DAZ3D's site work fine on my end. Are you trying to freak me out? Today is payday, so I'm gonna see what I can get soonish in my wishlist that hasn't lost it's sales-%tage.

You missed the party Norse ;-)... back when the posts above were being made, most of those steps you just "Check"ed through were showing the EULA (only), with no way forward. This particular problem has been solved, for your buying pleasure (^_^)d.

I'm glad it was solved. :lol:

• edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well he is not only an Administrator with a DAZ_Name, but he is one of tjhe Super Admins if you check his profile, so I would think it would be more interesting to try working out what Super Powers he has been granted, and also of course whether he does indeed wear his underpants over the top of his tights.

:coolsmirk:

Working form my experience as a Systems administrator of IBM mainframe Operating Systems and Database Systems,
    so "grain of salt" am out of date and with wrong software and hardware vender.

A Super system administrator accounts exist to allow recovery of the system when the system has taken a serious hit.
    Commonly it is a "work role" ID not a individual employee's ID.

It's access to the recovery feature of the systems are robust not even loss of the all of the user data file of users should prevent it for doing a recovery or repair.

It is possible that in this case it was uses on that because it security status was not impeded by the "display EULA" code allow for that glitch to be fixed.

edited January 2013

If you notice my post was accompanied by a smilie face. It was just a forum joke, and has nothing to do with anyone's actual role within the Company as such. :coolsmirk:

Member groups are just that, the group that forum members belong to. The forums are here for forum members use.

Post edited by Chohole on