Red riding hood outfit

IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
edited February 2013 in The Commons

Hi MEC4D
As you may know. I am a very big fan of your work and have purchased many of your products over the years and never had a complaint. I love your tutorials you offer on YouTube as well they are very helpful.
So I just wanted to tell you i really love the looks of the new red riding hood outfit you released.
http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/red-riding-hood

Unfortunately I won't be buying this product because it is in DUF and Dson file format which i do not use.
The reason I am writting this comment is because I wanted to appeal to inner poser user.
If you were to ever make this product to work for PP2 , pz3 or or daz file format please let me know because i am very interested in this clothing model. and would purchase it . But I don't use genesis or anything DUF. So if making this models available for v4 model users is to much effort then please disregard this comment. I just wanted you to know of this potential sale from me in the file formats i use,

Thank you again
Your friend Ivy

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,283
    edited December 1969

It's a lovely outfit, and comes in many pieces so it can be combined with other things. Thank you!

The download link is fraxed, but I suspect that will get fixed before long.

• edited January 2013

???There doesn't seem to be a basket???
    Red Riding Hood always carried a basket.
    Luckily DAZ has a basket for me to put this in.
    I wonder if Grandma will be forthcoming?
    lmk

Post edited by lkendallgma_c6431c9e46 on
    edited December 1969

Well the huntsman is certainly forthcomming. And there are loads of baskets out there.

A nice plausible granny outfit would be nice. But given the "period," everyone pretty much dressed the same, apart from economics.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

It's a beautiful outfit. I had to improvise for my last red riding hood render I did for some party invites earlier this month. I'm a huge Genesis user, so grabbing this is only natural. Looking forward to seeing the Huntsman outfit next week.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited January 2013

Hi Guys thank you for the nice comments , well Ivy , I am not so good Poser rigging expert especially the new versions and I am afraid it would be not as good , I will try to convert the cr2 to V4 as well, I don't promise anything but will look into it asap .

And no no Basket for Red Riding Hood but I guess you all have a lot of the stuff from preview products , the time frame was so short I did not make it sorry ..

but.. Huntsman is coming and there you will not miss anything , hair, beard, clothing, weapons accessories total mega-pack, all you need is some decent wolf for the action, each one separate , I was thinking about the grandma as well so you get what you ask for for the full story :)

bellow shot of the upcoming Huntsman .. the saver of RRH ..

huntsman-MAIN-COVER650x500.jpg
    500 x 650 - 233K
    The_Huntsman_Image6.jpg
    1199 x 606 - 436K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

That looks *great*. And the possibility of Grandma as well is splendid.

(And there are definitely wolf presets for the Look At My Hair plugin for the MilDog.)

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 408
    edited January 2013

Looks Great!
    Thank you Mec4D for making the boots true to the period and not making them with heels.
    I am looking forward to the Huntsmen and are you going to do the BBW and Granny?
    :cheese:

Post edited by Haslor on
    edited January 2013

Nobody walking on heels in this time , even the knights had flat shoes , however I made nice boots for the huntsman with just little bit to make it more masculine , actually I did not focus as much on the period it came to me naturally , and is not exactly any replica but give you the look and feel of the period in the early time , for example the huntsman have old compass on the bell :)
    and yes the Granny is coming .. the way she was when she visit her.. sick in bed .. ( the reason Red Hood visit her this day )

Thank you

Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

Ah yes. Early Storybookland era. Everyone seems to know that period by heart. I really like the look of Red's boots. I will be very glad when I can download them.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited January 2013

Mec4D said:
    Hi Guys thank you for the nice comments , well Ivy , I am not so good Poser rigging expert especially the new versions and I am afraid it would be not as good , I will try to convert the cr2 to V4 as well, I don't promise anything but will look into it asap .

And no no Basket for Red Riding Hood but I guess you all have a lot of the stuff from preview products , the time frame was so short I did not make it sorry ..

but.. Huntsman is coming and there you will not miss anything , hair, beard, clothing, weapons accessories total mega-pack, all you need is some decent wolf for the action, each one separate , I was thinking about the grandma as well so you get what you ask for for the full story :)

Thank you for your response MEC4D I really appreciate it.
    I understand your issues with the file formats . for those same reasons are why i don't use DUF files. and dson .
    C2R files would be great or even the Older Daz3 .daz file format & rigging, which i can use in poser would be awesome as well.
    You wouldn't need to create it in the PP2012 file format because older .daz files and c2r files work in pp2012. as well as the new PP2 files versions.
    The reason I made the request is because i have had a great idea for a animation for Red Riding Hood for a long time and your outfit sparked that story interest again in me using your Red riding hood outfit in it. I pretty much have everything else like the huntsmen and grandma and the wolf. just not anything that would make a great Red Riding hood.
    I can't use or animate DUF files or auto- fit in Daz3 or poser pro using Dson. So hence why i made the request to make the outfit in a file format i can use, that will allow me to animate it. the files pp2, pz3, c2r and.daz files will all work great.
    One of my favorite products of yours that i still use a lot, is your Eili M4 men pack. great stuff.

Thank you for your response and reading my request. If you decide you can't recreate or make the outfit in another file format. than i understand. I will always be a big fan of your work. even if i can't use the products in my own work. Have a great day :)

Your friend
    Ivy

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

It is nice that who buys Red Riding Hood, will receive an additional discount on Huntsman, but this rules out us who are eligible for the Snowflake deal. I wonder how much discount Huntsman will have on his own?

edited December 1969

Snowflake deal?

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Nobody walking on heels in this time , even the knights had flat shoes , however I made nice boots for the huntsman with just little bit to make it more masculine , actually I did not focus as much on the period it came to me naturally , and is not exactly any replica but give you the look and feel of the period in the early time , for example the huntsman have old compass on the bell :)
    and yes the Granny is coming .. the way she was when she visit her.. sick in bed .. ( the reason Red Hood visit her this day )

Thank you

So I am Guessing the BBW (Big Bad Wolf) will be along shortly, to do dastardly things to Granny.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

It is nice that who buys Red Riding Hood, will receive an additional discount on Huntsman, but this rules out us who are eligible for the Snowflake deal. I wonder how much discount Huntsman will have on his own?

I agreed with Proxima. I have bought Snowflake before Christmas 2012 and wait now for the free Red Riding Hodd Dress. But I like the Huntsman too and would buy it. I hope your loyal buyers will get an offer too.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,902
    edited December 1969

Ooohh la la the Huntsman! :) Any chance he'll be released as a character? (Or does he exist somewhere already?)

edited December 1969

the boots are simple but the fabric make them looking fine , the set have also 3 sort of textures, one is with baked AO and luminosity the other not and also low res.

JOdel said:
    Ah yes. Early Storybookland era. Everyone seems to know that period by heart. I really like the look of Red's boots. I will be very glad when I can download them.
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Mec4D said:

I understand your issues with the file formats . for those same reasons are why i don't use DUF files. and dson .
    C2R files would be great or even the Older Daz3 .daz file format & rigging, which i can use in poser would be awesome as well.
    You wouldn't need to create it in the PP2012 file format because older .daz files and c2r files work in pp2012. as well as the new PP2 files versions.
    The reason I made the request is because i have had a great idea for a animation for Red Riding Hood for a long time and your outfit sparked that story interest again in me using your Red riding hood outfit in it. I pretty much have everything else like the huntsmen and grandma and the wolf. just not anything that would make a great Red Riding hood.
    I can't use or animate DUF files or auto- fit in Daz3 or poser pro using Dson. So hence why i made the request to make the outfit in a file format i can use, that will allow me to animate it. the files pp2, pz3, c2r and.daz files will all work great.
    One of my favorite products of yours that i still use a lot, is your Eili M4 men pack. great stuff.

Thank you for your response and reading my request. If you decide you can't recreate or make the outfit in another file format. than i understand. I will always be a big fan of your work. even if i can't use the products in my own work. Have a great day :)

Your friend
    Ivy

I don't think the issues are with the file formats, as the dson works great and I'm able to transfer scenes between computers without problem. The big issue is going to be the fits. Genesis doesn't need to many fits, maybe for the V5, V4 shapes, but the Gen4 V4 requires a lot of different shapes... between that and the rigging then you have a much longer wait.

edited January 2013

but hey they did not got snowflake at all and have to pay for the RRHood .. you get free as for the deal so you saving..
    can't tell yet the price for the Huntsman , but he come with own deal again so you saving

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
    edited December 1969

The Huntsman is a full clothed character not just outfit .. but the skin textures are only to his chest .. you don't need anything else it is complete ..

Ooohh la la the Huntsman! :) Any chance he'll be released as a character? (Or does he exist somewhere already?)
    edited December 1969

I don't know if I would make additional morphs for the body as V4, it would not be not pay off and the time will be long to finish everything manually, that v4 shape would be simple , the DSON working everywhere already .. and btw I don't have any older poser version anymore , they are gone but still use DS3

Ivy said:
    Mec4D said:

Your friend
    Ivy

I don't think the issues are with the file formats, as the dson works great and I'm able to transfer scenes between computers without problem. The big issue is going to be the fits. Genesis doesn't need to many fits, maybe for the V5, V4 shapes, but the Gen4 V4 requires a lot of different shapes... between that and the rigging then you have a much longer wait.

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Mec4D said:

Your friend
    Ivy

It depends on what you want to use the product for.. Dson and Auto-fit tool for still graphics in 4.5 are great. DUF and genesis and auto-fit or Dson in poser and Daz3 for animation does not work at all. My needs are a little different than the average user.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,958
    edited December 1969

This isn't really the thread for comparing different file formats and rigging systems - the original question was asked and answered, if you wish to take it further please use another thread.

edited December 1969

I just want to make sure people know my request is not a complaint.

I have always been a big 3D product purchaser because i am just a lowly animator artist. & not a modeler. because if i was a modeler, i would just make what ever i needed for my animation. in 3DS MAX, no one would ever hear me make any request at all.

I use Daz3A, Poser pp2012 and Maya , I use these programs because i like to make cartoon animations and these programs allow my work flow to be much smoother &easier;, I can work with both daz3a and poser at the same time on my dual monitor system. this allowing me to speed up my work flow and animation build time, rather than having to make 2 different scenes, one for daz4.5 DUF and one for poser PP2. I never had much luck animating Genesis or DUF with auto-fit or Dson files for the last year I've been using daz4.5 so this is why i made the decision not to buy genesis products. It's like you stated sometimes the means just does not justify the effort put into what you get for out put. That issue is a 2 way street for sure when it comes to what i use a 3d program for.

Genesis users making still graphics can use older daz file formats and the beloved Auto-fit tool in daz4.5. But Daz3a & poser users can't animate genesis, duf files. even with DSON and auto-dit tool. there just to many bugs & poke throughs and a very slow work flow when it comes to animation.
    Maybe this is why I think it would be great to make products compatible with gen 4 Daz3a files formats and let genesis users use auto-fit tool to apply the product to genesis seeming 95% of the daz users don't use daz for animation, because if they did they would see daz4.5 issues with long key-frame animation scenes. I use daz4.5 for still graphics its great for that. But for animation using multiprogramming not so much.
    Plus you can use gen4 in daz4.5 with or without genesis which is what I do. Butin daz3a and poser you can't . i think it would go a long way for both poser and daz users to be able to use a new product released and increase sales if the products were available for both daz3 and daz4 programs because poser users can use daz3 files with little to no issues. unlike the genesis duf files when it comes to animation and cross compatibility issues

Though It's like you said sometimes the means just does not justify the effort put into what you get for out put. I'm not complaining I can't use the DUF files in my programs of choice. i was just making a request for a new product I like to be made so that i could use in my work flow .in programs i use for animation I personally wouldn't need all the extra gen 4 body morphs fits. V4 is good enough for creating animation. and face morphs don't effect the body fits. any extra body fits morphs would be your transgression if you thought it be worth it or not for you to put that extra effort into the product. Before daz4.5 Modelers use to make these products. but have stoped with the onset of daz4.5

As a Daz3a & poser user I think a product offered in those files format to us, so we could use them without dson or auto-fit would help in sales . But then again it all depends on if your effort would be paid off in sales or not and only time would tell that.

Thank you MEC4D for reading my request. I do understand both sides of this compatibility issue. and respect what ever decision you want to make But if you make this outfit in a file format i can use i will buy it for a project i have in mind.

Warm regards
    Ivy

Mec4D said:
    I don't know if I would make additional morphs for the body as V4, it would not be not pay off and the time will be long to finish everything manually, that v4 shape would be simple , the DSON working everywhere already .. and btw I don't have any older poser version anymore , they are gone but still use DS3

Ivy said:
    Mec4D said:

Your friend
    Ivy

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Snowflake deal?

The deal is only for those who bought the gorgeous Snowflake outfit from MEC4D store before January 1st 2013 (that item was not released in DAZ store, but is now still about 50% off in MEC4D store, I think). There was also a similar deal on her Santa (character with clothing) for Genesis, which I did not buy yet. There are often some good deals on newly released items in her store, it is good to check from time to time. Not all of her items get released in DAZ store as well.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Can this dress sit or kneel well? And how posable is Hood Jacket, can it blow on wind?

edited December 1969

You can pose it anyway you want there are unlimited options as each figure have own bones than can be adjust as it show in the images
    the dress have also additional morphs for adjustment and positions , if you conform the hood to the dress the hood jacket will follow automatic also

Kattey said:
    Can this dress sit or kneel well? And how posable is Hood Jacket, can it blow on wind?
    edited December 1969

you can do a lot, here just open gl previews

posing7.jpg
    826 x 681 - 126K
    posing6.jpg
    900 x 777 - 207K
    posing5.jpg
    793 x 687 - 143K
    posing3.jpg
    897 x 732 - 151K
    posing1.jpg
    900 x 900 - 254K
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the pictures

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    but hey they did not got snowflake at all and have to pay for the RRHood .. you get free as for the deal so you saving..
    can't tell yet the price for the Huntsman , but he come with own deal again so you saving

Thanks for the info ... The Huntsman is next in my basket.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 492
    edited December 1969

What happened to them? They don't seem to be in the store any longer.

This discussion has been closed.