Red riding hood outfit

2»

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Can only be purchased at Mec4D store now. I just picked them up today.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Daz and the Mec4d severed their business relationship. You can find it on her website along with a other items. Click on the banner: http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited February 2013

You're right. They've been completely removed. Come to think of it, clicking on Mec4D's profile draws a blank too now. "The member profile you requested is currently not available". Does this mean she's withdrawn from the Daz site completely? I don't want to start a rumour mill, since I can't find any official statement saying anything of the sort, but it's the only conclusion I can think of.

Can it be assumed that people who bought the item through Daz still have access to the download?

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Daz_Kevin commented on this. In short she's left the building.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Wow... that's an unexpected development. What I find even more disconcerting is that they're blocking her from posting as well. Whatever rift they have seems pretty hefty. I would have understood it more if Mec4D had retracted her goods to focus entirely on her own site, but if Daz was the one severing the ties then I'm left scratching my head for a good reason. It's not my place to pry into their personal affairs, but it's certainly a bit of a black cloud.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Can it be assumed that people who bought the item through Daz still have access to the download?

I bought several of her items during the recent sale at DAZ and they are still in My Downloadable Products.

edited December 1969

Daz_Kevin commented on this. In short she's left the building.

She did not say anything about the reasons herself, either. In her newsletter and at her site she only said "my collaboration with Daz3D just ended". All her products are available in her own store, except for the 3 Homo Erectus items, which were apparently bought by DAZ a while ago and DAZ now offers them as freebies.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,901
    edited December 1969

I bought several of her items during the recent sale at DAZ and they are still in My Downloadable Products.

Anything you buy from DAZ that is not a resell will always be available to you from your account. Even long after the item is discontinued

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,999
    edited December 1969

I suspect PA products sold at DAZ required exclusivity.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Hi MEC4D
    As you may know. I am a very big fan of your work and have purchased many of your products over the years and never had a complaint. I love your tutorials you offer on YouTube as well they are very helpful.
    So I just wanted to tell you i really love the looks of the new red riding hood outfit you released.
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/red-riding-hood

Unfortunately I won't be buying this product because it is in DUF and Dson file format which i do not use.
    The reason I am writting this comment is because I wanted to appeal to inner poser user.
    If you were to ever make this product to work for PP2 , pz3 or or daz file format please let me know because i am very interested in this clothing model. and would purchase it . But I don't use genesis or anything DUF. So if making this models available for v4 model users is to much effort then please disregard this comment. I just wanted you to know of this potential sale from me in the file formats i use,

Thank you again
    Your friend Ivy

Hey, you're probably in luck: Mec4D just ended her relationship with DAZ 3D (funny how the day after she did, DAZ put up three of her items as freebies -- go figure). Anyways, now that she's moved over to Rendo, and seeing as how they cater more to the Poser crowd than to the DS crowd, you might see her porting some of her work, or you could convince her that it's to her financial advantage to so.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited February 2013

You're right. They've been completely removed. Come to think of it, clicking on Mec4D's profile draws a blank too now. "The member profile you requested is currently not available". Does this mean she's withdrawn from the Daz site completely? I don't want to start a rumour mill, since I can't find any official statement saying anything of the sort, but it's the only conclusion I can think of.

Mec4D sent out an email yesterday morning announcing that she's terminated a ten-year relationship with DAZ 3D. The story I got from her was essentially the same story I've gotten from the other vendors who've bailed on DAZ in the last year or so: one big sigh of relief.

Post edited by Morpheon on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,383
    edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:

Mec4D sent out an email yesterday morning announcing that she's terminated a ten-year relationship with DAZ 3D. The story I got from her was essentially the same story I've gotten from the other vendors who've bailed on DAZ in the last year or so: one big sigh of relief.

There's always 2 sides to a story. Personally although I love her stuff purchasing from her site doesn't have the security that the big stores give and as I don't like some of Rendo's policies, I might well not be buying too much from her in the future, especially if she stops supporting Genesis.
    As for the vendors that have left Daz personally I have noticed that some of them seem to be producing very litle new.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

I buy all the stuff from her site, because she give her customers more bonuses as DAZ ever do. For example: Those who bought the Snow Fall Outfit from her site has get "Red Riding Hood" for free. Same for her Santa and Father Frost.

If you be a vendor at DAZ, then DAZ take money from all the buyings. I've heard somewhere, that DAZ get 50% of a payed item. If one, as a vendor get for a product, that cost just 10$ only 5$ then you could imagine, why so many artists leave and open their own stores. But if Mec4D leaves for that reason, is just speculation.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I never noticed any difference in the prices on her site and the prices on Daz's site. I did notice that she would often update her site with products before they appeared on the Daz website.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,383
    edited December 1969

Some vendors chop and change between sites all the time, one vendor recently closed her shop at rendo and moved here.
    Some people who leave seem ready to knock Daz on the other hand I have never seen Daz knock vendors who choose to sell elswhere.
    I thought it was generally known that Daz asked for exclusivity in their products which might be why it hasn't been mentioned to you by the vendors who have left.

edited February 2013

Is far as my experience with MEC4D´s store goes, she has bee selling items for the same prices in her official store and in her DAZ store. There were some items in her store that were not sold at DAZ, and those were cheeper or had very steeply discounted introductory prices (like the Snow Flake outfit). But I understand that it had bothered DAZ that she sells them there at all.

Post edited by Proxima Shining on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,068
    edited February 2013

That maybe so, but even at the same price it still violates the exclusivety agreement. But maybe she had an arrangement to sell at her store..we will never know...

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,974
    edited December 1969

We are locking this thread as those who know the facts will not be posting, leaving only speculation - which is all too likely to inflame feelings.

This discussion has been closed.