[New in Store!] Iray GeoLocator plugin: update 1.2 [Commercial]

Comments

• Works like a charm on my desktop after it got fixed . Thank you for making a fix so fast :) 

I just downloaded and installed it on my laptop and it worked without me having to fix it. I have Daz Studio installed the same way on my laptop as on my Desktop. Maybe Daz already replaced the installer in DIM . 

Anyway Great product!

You're welcome, glad you like it.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Is this gonna be available in the product library? My cell phone is my internet so I have to download the dim files to my phone then move them to my pc to install my files?

• dkgoose said:

Is this gonna be available in the product library? My cell phone is my internet so I have to download the dim files to my phone then move them to my pc to install my files?

I suppose DAZ will add to the product libraries anytime now. In any case, zip files with the 1.1 version are available on my server:

http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/downloads/IrayGeoLocator/IrayGeoLocator.Win64.1.1.zip
    http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/downloads/IrayGeoLocator/IrayGeoLocator.macOS.1.1.zip

To install the Windows version, unzip and overwrite in your '/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/' folder
    To install the macOS version, unzip and overwrite in your '/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZ Studio4/plugins/' folder

If you have any issues please contact me at [email protected]
    Cheers

edited April 2017

First off, thank you for the link, So I never had much luck using the sky sun settings in iray so always used purchased hdrs and skies because I never get a sky just a solid color for sky and the ground unless I add in a hdr or a sky? With render mode set as interactive too get a black background but the character will render, and the setting do not seem to change when choosing other locations.  Are there files needed to download from daz to get the environment maps for iray? This is the background I'm talking about however I had to switch to photorealistic mode and automatically enter the longitude latitude and time stuff but I don't actually get a sky 

IMG_6348.JPG
    2702 x 2672 - 1M
    Post edited by Dkgoose on
    edited April 2017

Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • dkgoose said:

First off, thank you for the link, So I never had much luck using the sky sun settings in iray so always used purchased hdrs and skies because I never get a sky just a solid color for sky and the ground unless I add in a hdr or a sky? With render mode set as interactive too get a black background but the character will render, and the setting do not seem to change when choosing other locations.  Are there files needed to download from daz to get the environment maps for iray? This is the background I'm talking about however I had to switch to photorealistic mode and automatically enter the longitude latitude and time stuff but I don't actually get a sky 

Hello dkgoose actually this version should solve the black sky issue. Please try also to run DAZ Studio as administrator and see if it works. If it doesn't feel to email me at [email protected] and I will help you directly

That worked great, wierd that that's all that was needed lol, as I figured my home town isn't on there but one town like 30 min away is so that's awesome :)

• The 1.1 update did the trick for me too :D  I was headed to the forums to gripe until I saw your download link, and once I applied that, the product became amazingly useful. Thanks!

• dkgoose said:

Hello dkgoose actually this version should solve the black sky issue. Please try also to run DAZ Studio as administrator and see if it works. If it doesn't feel to email me at [email protected] and I will help you directly

DS should never be run as adminsitrator as it is likely to cause future problems for the user - if it creates fles/folders while running they too will have adminsitrator rights and will not work correctly when DS is run normally for example.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited April 2017
    dkgoose said:

DS should never be run as adminsitrator as it is likely to cause future problems for the user - if it creates fles/folders while running they too will have adminsitrator rights and will not work correctly when DS is run normally for example.

That could be the case Richard, unfortunately the lack of proper functions in the SDK denies the possibility to establish correctly the documents path folder for not-standard installations (where for example the user install the application on C, and documents/data on another drive, or viceversa). I've been discussing this (well, tried to be discussing this) more thoroughly and I was told there are no solutions offered from current SDK. Hence the reason for this hack on some occasions.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • dkgoose said:

That could be the case Richard, unfortunately the lack of proper functions in the SDK denies the possibility to establish correctly the documents path folder for not-standard installations (where for example the user install the application on C, and documents/data on another drive, or viceversa). I've been discussing this (well, tried to be discussing this) more thoroughly and I was told there are no solutions offered from current SDK. Hence the reason for this hack on some occasions.

I have some idea of how to get that information in scripting, though I'm not sure how many of these methods carry over to the SDK. DzApp has getApplicationDataPath(), which returns the folder in AppData or Application Support used by DS for settings and so on. It also has getDocumentsPath() and getCommonUserDocumentPath() which are in the SDK, and from DzSystem you can use getenv() which can be used to get the USERPROFILE variable (in the SDK that's a Qt global function http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qtglobal.html#qgetenv . You can also, in scripting(again I'm not sure how the SDK works), use the DzContentDirectoryMgr functions to get content dierctory locations. I have been given this sample, which should translate pretty transparently to the SDK using the above comments:

print( App.getDocumentsPath() );print( String("%1/Documents/%2/%3%4")	.arg( System.getenv("USERPROFILE").replace( /\\/g, "/" ) )	.arg( App.orgName )	.arg( App.getApplicationBaseName() )	.arg( App.versionString.split(".")[0] ) );print( "---" );

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,075

Or you could just do what I did, and mentioned earlier,

Tjohn said:

OK, I changed the security on the GeoLocator folder so that Daz Studio has full control to read/write/change the files in it. Now a simple double-click on the shortcut works a treat.

• whfieldwhfield Posts: 44

Update works perfectly. Thanks for the update.

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Repeating thank you for update, works great.

• decedddecedd Posts: 31

Hello I buy "Iray GeoLocator" today.
    But it is not in the DIM Installer. Can you help me.
    Thank you in advance.

• decedd said:

Hello I buy "Iray GeoLocator" today.
    But it is not in the DIM Installer. Can you help me.
    Thank you in advance.

We have other reports of DIM not showing new purchases - however people are reporting that it is now fixed, please close DIM and reopen. If you are still  not seeing your propduct post to https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/160821/purchases-not-in-dim-fixed#latest so that we can flag it up for Daz.

• decedddecedd Posts: 31

I did what you say. Nothing changes. Iray Geolocator does not appear. I posted my comment in the forum (link you attached).
    Regards.

• dkgoose said:

I have some idea of how to get that information in scripting, though I'm not sure how many of these methods carry over to the SDK. DzApp has getApplicationDataPath(), which returns the folder in AppData or Application Support used by DS for settings and so on. It also has getDocumentsPath() and getCommonUserDocumentPath() which are in the SDK, and from DzSystem you can use getenv() which can be used to get the USERPROFILE variable (in the SDK that's a Qt global function http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qtglobal.html#qgetenv . You can also, in scripting(again I'm not sure how the SDK works), use the DzContentDirectoryMgr functions to get content dierctory locations. I have been given this sample, which should translate pretty transparently to the SDK using the above comments:

print( App.getDocumentsPath() );print( String("%1/Documents/%2/%3%4")	.arg( System.getenv("USERPROFILE").replace( /\\/g, "/" ) )	.arg( App.orgName )	.arg( App.getApplicationBaseName() )	.arg( App.versionString.split(".")[0] ) );print( "---" );

Richard thank you very much for finding and sharing this information. I'm going to check if it's portable to SDK in some way.

• bicc39 said:

Repeating thank you for update, works great.

Very good, glad to hear!

• whfield said:

Update works perfectly. Thanks for the update.

You're welcome.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

As far as the problem I was exchanged a couple of email with you earlier this week on the 6th when the new Windows 10 Creative Update was available I clean installed my laptop & DAZ Studio and then when I installed iRay GeoLocator from the already original DIM downloaded cache location the iRay GeoLocator works with the extra file changes you made or running DAZ Studio as Administrator so something went wrong on my prior Windows 10 Install. I think the Windows 10 persmissions problem was ultimately cause by I 'logged in to the Microsoft Windows 10 Account' server to create an account on my local PC but then checked to an actual local use account and from there permission were messed up in places.

Also, I think you might have a bug in the activation of how your activation process works or I just don't understand how it works because after the activation of the iRay GeoLocator after clean installing Windows 10. DAZ Studio 4.9.3.166, LAMH, and iRay GeoLocator; I activated the iRay GeoLocator OK and it works, but the first time I pressed the 'Show LAMH Editor' from the LAMH Tab I was not greeted with the serial number and activation window even though it was a new & clean install; instead went straight to a working LAMH Editor Window.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,874
    edited April 2017

Iray Geolocator came through with an update today in DIM. Any idea what it was? The readme says nothing at all about an update.

EDIT: Never mind. I had to find the thread with a search, which took me directly to the last item in the thread, so I didn't see the first post or the title change.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • My copy of Geolocator was working fine before the update, but now I'm getting the black box after updating it.  I used DIM, had no issues before the update, and have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it both with DIM and manually.  I even tried the fix .zip posted above, no dice.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,106

I had an update download the other day but hadn't tried it. I tried it today and got a black box and when I clicked on the red square it was an instant crash of studio, the original was working fine before the download. I was downloading items with dim after that and saw an update for the geolocator and when I opened studio and tried it everything was back to normal.

• Fishtales said:

I had an update download the other day but hadn't tried it. I tried it today and got a black box and when I clicked on the red square it was an instant crash of studio, the original was working fine before the download. I was downloading items with dim after that and saw an update for the geolocator and when I opened studio and tried it everything was back to normal.

Ok, so currently it works or not for you? Thanks 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,106

It is working fine after todays download.

• Fishtales said:

It is working fine after todays download.

Thanks for the info, I'm glad it is working again now. There is still a condition that might lead to issues on systems where the documents folder isn't on the primary drive: I will hash this out with DAZ folks and fix it very soon.

• I finally made it work.

Go to where you installed DAZ, and the Plugins folder (i.e. C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins)

Right Click on geoLocator.dll, click Properties and Security, and click Edit.  Change permission on the User that you are using to "Full Control". Do the same with the Geo Locator folder in the same directory.

I'm guessing this effectively runs just this plugin as administrator without the entire program being in admin mode.

edited April 2017

Well, I got an update via DIM today & restarted DAZ Studio 4.9.3.166 & iRay GeoLocation is now just a black screen with a red square & an Enable button. When I click on the enable button DAZ Studio crash dumps.

I've not done any of that Run as Administrator thing or such since I new installed Windows 10.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

OK, deleting the package so that I could re-download it & re-install and now the black box with the red square is gone & the map back but now again the iRay GeoLocator is not updating my render settings.