[New in Store!] Iray GeoLocator plugin: update 1.2 [Commercial]

1235»

Comments

• BeeMKay said:

Hi Alessandro,

I also bought the geolocator and installed the current version. I also suffer from the black screen. I get the same error as Three Wishes.

Are there any troubleshooting steps that I can go through that you gleaned from Three Wishe's experience? I'm running Win 10. I get the same error in 4.8 and the 4.9 Beta of Studio.

I had to uninstall the plugin, as it blocked my sun-sky settings entirely.

Hi Bee, usually the issue in an incorrect permissions setting in the Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio folder; if you contact me at [email protected] I can give you direct support and guide you to fix the issue. Cheers

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

Solved, thanks to Alessandro. smiley

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

I have purchased this and cannot locate it anywhere. Where is it?

Thank you.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited August 2017

Have you entered the Serial Number? If no, you'll have to enter that first. You'll find it in your account, under Serial Numbers.

If yes, you'll have to open the Pane in the Window menu.

SerialNumber1.JPG
    466 x 306 - 31K
    findgeolocator.JPG
    630 x 490 - 45K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

I reinstalled it and it works fine now.

Thank you, awesome product!

• DripDrip Posts: 1,186

Awesome plugin! If you ever wonder what next to make, I'd suggest a stand-alone astronomy companion product for dusk/night/dawn shots showing things like the moon and stars.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835

I have bought this product, but i have a problem with it, it`s black no light

• Sasje said:

I have bought this product, but i have a problem with it, it`s black no light

Hi, usually the issue in an incorrect permissions setting in the Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio folder; if you contact me at [email protected] I can give you direct support and guide you to fix the issue. Cheers

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

I have only just purchased this but I have 1 major problem,  It just renders to a black screen.  It doesn't matter what location and time I pick but the UTC Offset stays at 0:00,  The day stays at 01/01/2000,, The time stays at 0:00, the SS Sun Disk Scale says "nan",  the SS Sun Disk Glow Intensity says "nan",  The SS Latitude & SS Longitune stays at 0:00.

Current plug_in version 1.2, OS - macOS X High Sierra 10.13.6

• Platnumk said:

I have only just purchased this but I have 1 major problem,  It just renders to a black screen.  It doesn't matter what location and time I pick but the UTC Offset stays at 0:00,  The day stays at 01/01/2000,, The time stays at 0:00, the SS Sun Disk Scale says "nan",  the SS Sun Disk Glow Intensity says "nan",  The SS Latitude & SS Longitune stays at 0:00.

Hello, can you please email me the files that are in your 'Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\geoLocatorAM\' folder at [email protected] , so that I can take a look at the issue.
    Thanks

Platnumk said:

Hello, can you please email me the files that are in your 'Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\geoLocatorAM\' folder at [email protected] , so that I can take a look at the issue.
    Thanks

No such folder

• Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

Thanks

No such folder

If it doesn't exist then the plugin for some reasons can't create it. You could manually create it and it should work.

Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

Thanks

No such folder

If it doesn't exist then the plugin for some reasons can't create it. You could manually create it and it should work.

Tried that, Still doesn't work.  Just as a test I downloaded the V1.1 files for macOS and they seem to work so it looks like its something thats not playing nice with the 1.2 update

• Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

Thanks

No such folder

Tried that, Still doesn't work.  Just as a test I downloaded the V1.1 files for macOS and they seem to work so it looks like its something thats not playing nice with the 1.2 update

And with thet 1.1 version, that folder is created and filled with data?

Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

Thanks

No such folder

And with thet 1.1 version, that folder is created and filled with data?

No, but it is putting 2 txt files (geoLocatorLogFile.txt & tempGeo.txt) in Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins/geolocatorAM/.   But those files are not created with 1.2 version

• Update 1.2 was released just to fix the issue of the missing files, which in fact would affect some systems with incorrect permissions in the plugins folder. On your system it seems like it's the opposite, i.e. v. 1.1 is actually writing the files while 1.2 wouldn't. It shouldn't be a big deal anyway, that was basically the reason for the update, while the core features remained the same.

Update 1.2 was released just to fix the issue of the missing files, which in fact would affect some systems with incorrect permissions in the plugins folder. On your system it seems like it's the opposite, i.e. v. 1.1 is actually writing the files while 1.2 wouldn't. It shouldn't be a big deal anyway, that was basically the reason for the update, while the core features remained the same.

Many thanks for you help,  For now I will stick with the 1.1 version as that seems to be working.  If you ever figure out the problem and want someone to test it then I would be glad to do so,  In the mean time stay safe and keep creating.

• Platnumk said:

Update 1.2 was released just to fix the issue of the missing files, which in fact would affect some systems with incorrect permissions in the plugins folder. On your system it seems like it's the opposite, i.e. v. 1.1 is actually writing the files while 1.2 wouldn't. It shouldn't be a big deal anyway, that was basically the reason for the update, while the core features remained the same.

Many thanks for you help,  For now I will stick with the 1.1 version as that seems to be working.  If you ever figure out the problem and want someone to test it then I would be glad to do so,  In the mean time stay safe and keep creating.

Thanks to you for your patience. I'll check if I can understand what's wrong. In any case feel free to contact me also via email if you want. Cheers and take care too.

• with 4.15.0.30, my installation of Iray Geolocator stopped working (might have stopped before, with 4.15.02, but I did not check).

•  the plug-in is (still) activated
    • the panel loads and looks like before
    • i can navigate the map. 

So far, so good. But

• if I click on a location within the map, no changes to location parameters occur
    • if I enter a city within the serach field, nothing happens
    • if I manually parse the list of cities and select one of those, nothing happens (i.e. no location updates
    • if I enter date and time, the sun/sky settings on the render settings panels should change - nothing happens here as well

I tried this on my working rig (iMac Pro macOS 10.15.7) and on a fresh install in Windows 10 (iMac Pro using Bootcamp). Same results.

• In my case it wasn't though I had uinstalled/reinstalled via DazCentral (not using DIM anymore), it wasn't appearing and had to download/use the manual installer exe for Win64