Chinese New Year Sale

RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
edited December 1969 in The Commons

All prices. except Ryuu and Santa at the releated stores from ForbiddenWhispers, JSGraphics, Male-M3dia and ProFotograf are normal. I can't see any other sale-reduced prices.

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,383
    edited December 1969

You have to buy Ryuu to get the sale prices - seems the way things are going lately.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited February 2013

Good luck with that!

If you hit 'add to cart' on Ryuu's page it won't add it, it keeps coming up 'Please specify product link(s)'! It won't do it if you click to add from the New Releases page either.

Come on guys, I actually want to buy something!

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

As with a number of the recent buy X get a discount on Y sales, the discount will only show up once both items are in the cart. In this case Ryuu for M5 and the items you want from the stores for ForbiddenWhispers, JSGraphics, Male-M3dia, & ProFotograf. To check the discount click on "Go to Shopping Cart" and the discount will be listed at the bottom.

Ryuu for M5 will not go in the cart yet, but should start working soon.

The Eastern Beauty POP Poses are $2.13 with Eastern Beauty, not free as the ad said. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Remember to grab your free python and cold blooded if you get either Ryuu or Eastern Beauty.

edited December 1969

I'm just re-downloading the python as I got it either free or cheap when it came out. It's a zip file now, I'm only doing it in case there were any DS files that I missed.

Cold blooded will be a nice addition though

CHEERS!

• ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,433
    edited December 1969

Hey there,

Yes you are right. If you buy Ryuu for M5 you are supposed to get 40% off of any item in all our stores (excluding stuff younger than 60 days old). Then there was supposed to be an additional discount applied for those customers that previously bought the M4 or Genesis version of Ryuu.

I will have to chase this up to see why this hasn't been released as agreed.

I tried the checkout adding system too and it says the same issue for me as you guys are experiencing.

I'm sorry on DAZs behalf, as this is something I and my fellow merchants have no control over.

• buck415buck415 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

When attempting to add Ryuu for M5 to shopping cart, receive "Please specify product link(s)."

ryuu-for-m5.png
    1049 x 701 - 327K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I get the same thing on IE9.

It may be a few hours yet before it is fixed, but I will draw attention to it.

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Hey there,

Yes you are right. If you buy Ryuu for M5 you are supposed to get 40% off of any item in all our stores (excluding stuff younger than 60 days old). Then there was supposed to be an additional discount applied for those customers that previously bought the M4 or Genesis version of Ryuu.

I tried the checkout adding system too and it says the same issue for me as you guys are experiencing.

I'm sorry on DAZs behalf, as this is something I and my fellow merchants have no control over.

I was hoping there would be a discount/upgrade path for purchasers of the previous version, so I'll no doubt be getting this new version once the discount has been sorted. Like other figures from you and your work colleagues I'm sure it'll be a real "go to" set.

All the best

• jhofflerjhoffler Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

Trying to add to cart from the New Releases page goes "Please select required options." Also, the button on Cold Blooded said already purchased, but I clicked it anyway and it added to cart.

edited February 2013

Also, the button on Cold Blooded said already purchased, but I clicked it anyway and it added to cart.

Had you already purchased it? If so, that is how it is supposed to work, it is merely a warning that you have already bought the item, but if you want to buy it again you can.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Zylox said:

Remember to grab your free python and cold blooded if you get either Ryuu or Eastern Beauty.

Just as a POI, I already purchased both products last year, yet in the store they don't show the "Purchased" tab, which makes me wonder how reliable this new addition to the store actually is!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,954
    edited December 1969

Merged a couple of threads on the sales.

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

Same here - the snakes are free, but the poses are charged (although reduced).

I wonder if I should rather wait for a fix (and risk the sale being terminated) or buy it for the charge and ask for a refund.

• XP PointblankXP Pointblank Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

Martin_C said:
    Same here - the snakes are free, but the poses are charged (although reduced).

I wonder if I should rather wait for a fix (and risk the sale being terminated) or buy it for the charge and ask for a refund.

Apologies about the mix-up. I will send Kevin an email regarding the mix up on the poses though it may be a few hours until resolved (4 A.M there). *Edit* They were supposed to be $2.13 which is correct in the newsletter.

Post edited by XP Pointblank on
  • jhofflerjhoffler Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

Also, the button on Cold Blooded said already purchased, but I clicked it anyway and it added to cart.

Had you already purchased it? If so, that is how it is supposed to work, it is merely a warning that you have already bought the item, but if you want to buy it again you can.

No I had not purchased it before.

• bulathardbulathard Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Hi, I just bought Eastern Beauty and thought that the gifts are given automatically, so that's what I do to return the money, and make a purchase it again or get my Morphing Python & Cold Blooded?

edited December 1969

bulat4 said:
    Hi, I just bought Eastern Beauty and thought that the gifts are given automatically, so that's what I do to return the money, and make a purchase it again or get my Morphing Python & Cold Blooded?

You would need to write to Support I think.

It says on the emal "All items must be in cart at checkout"
    edited December 1969

Basically, you add what you want to the cart and the discount is added at checkout.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

*Edit* They were supposed to be $2.13 which is correct in the newsletter.

Thanks for the quick reply, but that actually contradicts itself - either the newsletter is correct or (currently) the shop, but not both...

So do the Poses cost $2.13 (and the newsletter was wrong which will be corrected), or are the Poses free (and the shop is wrong which will be corrected)?

• bulathardbulathard Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

bulat4 said:

You would need to write to Support I think.

It says on the emal "All items must be in cart at checkout"

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I already did.

• XP PointblankXP Pointblank Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Martin_C said:
    *Edit* They were supposed to be $2.13 which is correct in the newsletter.

Thanks for the quick reply, but that actually contradicts itself - either the newsletter is correct or (currently) the shop, but not both...

So do the Poses cost $2.13 (and the newsletter was wrong which will be corrected), or are the Poses free (and the shop is wrong which will be corrected)?

It was supposed to be $2.13 which was correctly stated in the newsletter (I chose the $2.13 to tie into the Chinese New Year sale). Sorry for any confusion.

edited February 2013

It was supposed to be $2.13 which was correctly stated in the newsletter (I chose the $2.13 to tie into the Chinese New Year sale). Sorry for any confusion.

Ooops, you're perfectly right... I just confused the newsletter with the DAZ website page.

However, the problem sits there, because it currently says that it is free:
    http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions/

Screenshot enclosed. So someone should either fix the DAZ page or the shop price...

screenshot.jpg
    1040 x 530 - 126K
    Post edited by Martin_C on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,885
    edited December 1969

Dr Stupid said:
    Hey there,

I was hoping there would be a discount/upgrade path for purchasers of the previous version, so I'll no doubt be getting this new version once the discount has been sorted. Like other figures from you and your work colleagues I'm sure it'll be a real "go to" set.

All the best

I too, will wait. I've been looking forward to Ryuu for M5, so I can wait a little longer. :)

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

yes i assume it's only free if both items are bought today and then $2.13 after,
    anyway, actually i've Eastern Beauty + Eastern Beauty Pop Poses in my cart but only have $3.43 on the discount field instead of the supposed $5.56 to make the poses free at least, those prices are still really attractive

• achimsachims Posts: 77
    edited February 2013

O M G !!!!
    It's getting more and more confusing.
    If i'm not fast enough i'll miss discount
    If i don't get the right products into my cart i'll miss discount
    And if i bought previous Version of Product and DAZ doesn't get all fixed when i buy, i'll miss discount, too?!?!?

OR i have to return Product / write to support to get things sorted?!?

Oh, and ... there is still no information about END OF DISCOUNT anywhere, right?

Post edited by achims on
    edited December 1969

AchimS said:
    Oh, and ... there is still no information about END OF DISCOUNT anywhere, right?

Ahh... they will never tell you that, because it would spoil all the fun...

That's actually an old Apple joke... "When should I buy stuff - next week when the prices drop, or last week when it was still available?" ;-)

edited December 1969

Hussar!

Just bought Ryuu, now to get Cold Blooded. Yay!

CHEERS!

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Hussar!

Just bought Ryuu, now to get Cold Blooded. Yay!

CHEERS!

Me too. I wonder if there is any conflict in installing it with the older version?

edited December 1969

Not sure on that one,

Anyhow, if any of you didn't want Ryuu, something tells me this render may change your minds. The top is from Smay's Bad Guy and does look a little bright. Well, over here in the UK, there is a well known brand of washing powder called Daz, so, he's been using it, LOL!

Congratulations to the creators, he is outstanding!!

CHEERS!

M5_Ryuu_Day_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 169K
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Zylox said:

The Eastern Beauty POP Poses are $2.13 with Eastern Beauty, not free as the ad said. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

I'm having the same issue.