Daz Studio 4 "(Not Responding)" for 10 to 15 seconds, CONSTANTLY

2»

Comments

• Ephemeral NightEphemeral Night Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

It really doesn't. I appreciate the response, but if you hadn't noticed, you basically just rephrased my questions without adding any actual information beyond the thing about lipsync, which I don't use anyway.

What about manually uninstalling DAZ 4.0 32-bit and then installing DAZ 4.5 64-bit? Would that work? (Would it leave my other installed content intact?) Does the "detected previous installation" uninstaller do or not do something that the standard uninstaller does? If so, what? What do I do about it?

-oops, hit the quote button instead of the edit button

Post edited by Ephemeral Night on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

Do this, open Control Panel , use the Uninstall a Program Find Daz Studio 4.0 (whatever bit) and uninstall it and then do Uninstall for Daz Content Management Service. Once done close Control Panel and Install Ds4.5. All your Content will stay right were it is. You just set DS4.5 to your content path and your ready to go.

That's as easy as I can make it.

And I personally still think its the Collision settings on items that is Pausing your program. Lot's of items come with them preset to run when loaded. It happens to me until I turn the Auto OFF for collisions. And I'm on a 33Gh i7 quad core with a nVidia 1Mb GFX card.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Ephemeral NightEphemeral Night Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    And I personally still think its the Collision settings on items that is Pausing your program. Lot's of items come with them preset to run when loaded. It happens to me until I turn the Auto OFF for collisions. And I'm on a 33Gh i7 quad core with a nVidia 1Mb GFX card.
    Wait what? Did anybody say anything about this before? What are Collision Settings, where are they, and why would they cause this problem?
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yes I did in post #2 http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19533/#287360 on page one of this very thread. Smoothing and Collision are the same modifier but since you relpied it doesn't matter what you have in the scene when you have your issues, I said no more about it. :)

• tiagoandriottitiagoandriotti Posts: 39
    edited April 2013

Hi.

First of all, DS4.5 (x64) is much better than DS4 (x86 & x64).
    Not nearly as fast as the DS3a x64 in huge scenes, but definitely faster and more reliable than DS4.

The more objects in the scene, more memory you will need.
    Guys with 8 Gb of System RAM and 2 Gb of Video Ram don't often to have problems.
    Configure DS for faster performance in the Viewport.

I'll told you what I did when I made my last installation from DS4 to DS4.5:

1- Copy the MyLibrary folder to a new place and keep the old one as a Backup
    If you don't do this some files could be lost forever. Until you finish all your old projects, keep the backup.

2- Don't uninstall DS4, Install the DS4.5 in a new folder, overwriting the new MyLibrary folder you copied.
    Seems madness, but if DS don't find any duplicates it will work nice with most content:)
    If it finds duplicates... well I had to solve this manually here :(

3- Link your DS4.5 EXCLUSIVELLY to the new MY Library folder and to DS4.5 built in content folder.

4- Don't let the content manager from DS4 or DS4,5 "search" for content in your computer or attach any new folder to your content: you won't like duplicates. It is better to manage it manually.

5- Re-download and Re-install the plugins new versions for DS4,5, like the Genesis Bundle, uber, reality and other plugins you may have that needs to be installed in MyLibrary and DS4.5 folder. A bit complicated but necessary.

6- Try to load your old project.

7- If your project doesn't open properly, create a new scene, load ALL the objects you had there, obj, characters and morphs you remember the project had and save all that mess anywhere. I use this when an old project doesn't open... believe it, it works.

8- Close DS4,5, open DS4,5, load your old project and save as a new file :)

After 5 tries and several searches, this is the way I deal with DS4.
    The bad part of my installation is that the smart content tab is empty, the good part is that I can open all my old stuff.

Good luck.

*EDIT - Other way to do this without needing to worry with the file duplicates in the content is, instead of duplicate your content folder, install the DS4,5 with its MyLibrary in a new place, re-download and re-install ALL your old content in the new folder and load all the objects and morphs you remember from the old scenes, save them and open the old file. This worked very fine when I lost my content folder in DS3 and the logic is identical to correct a similar problem when migrating from DS4 to DS4,5.

Post edited by tiagoandriotti on