Fit Control Add-On (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited May 2019

Do you use Content Library? I want to know if you get those icons.

Capture.PNG
    1900 x 868 - 207K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Trash PandaTrash Panda Posts: 111

Yea I do get those icons in the content library.

edited May 2019

edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited May 2019

Hi. The add-on does not contain any scripts for the g8 version and uses the original scripts. So if you go to Fit Control for G8 that is where you will find it. You wont find it under the add-on product via smart content. Also please make sure you have the updated version of Fit Control for Genesis 8 Female. The script header needs to be v1.2

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Trash PandaTrash Panda Posts: 111

Ok Thanks Zev0. Got it to work now =].

Sweet.yes

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 872
    edited May 2019

Hi.  Thanks for another great addition!  Own so many of your products already :)

Am having some technical issues though with Fit Control...now.
    It's more complicated, so please excuse the wall of text.
    But it could well be that I am pushing the limits?
    However, it could also be partly due a procedural part of the script setup that could be altered?  Or not.

I make pre-made characters with a quite a few parented items.  
    One character may have 25-30 items loaded on.
    Maybe 2-3 hair for blending to new hairdoos, several items of jewellery, fiberbrows & fiberthis and that, geoshells like gens and another tongue, a few base outfits (toggle on-off as required).

The main issue arises when I use the script on parented item on that "loaded" character node, my PC system gets bogged. Like in a sluggish way and need to close DazStudio.
    CPU shows 25% usgage and stays there when this happens.  
    (Win 7 64 bit, i5-6600k, 32GBram, RTX2080Ti)
    Using DS Beta 4.11.0.335 with Nvidia 430.39.
    Nothing else in DS causes this kind of "system constipation".
    Dforce or renders run fine no matter how taxing.

There are 3 obvious manifestations to this issue after launching Fit Control Script.
    (1) If I simply open the Fit Control dialogue start for a pre-made char described above and then press cancel to get out without making a change, I can really see how the script STILL goes through all the items -- one by one -- because it's process is slower and the highlight box starts to pause for sometimes 25 seconds or longer on some items.  It doesn't just cancel and close the dialogue box.
    (2) If I pick one item or more to add FIT Control Morphs to, then it also appears to get bogged with longish pauses for 20-35 seconds for some items.
    (3) The script always does finish but it takes so many minutes that I think twice&thrice about using Fit Control for these more loaded chars.  However, the system is still bogged afterwards.  So I save (it's slow but works) and I have to close down Daz Studio and re-open DS and then the project and all is good.
    If I do NOT close DazStudio, my whole system seems still clogged.  And it stays clogged.  Open my internet browser and it's also slow-ish.  Closing DazStudio after the FitControl Addon script bog, and all is back to snappy again.  It's like some system process is out of sync or something.

What makes me think it may be possibly an alterable procedural script thing is what I see happening with manifestation#1. Does the script have to go through items that do not have FitControl Morphs added?  So many items I do not need to use the Fit-addon morphs. The way the script process still goes through each item its like it's processing something in the background.  But if those many items do not need Fit-addon, but it goes through them anyway, well it seems to me, this is maybe partly contributing in someway to my system bog?

I did do a test control.
    Just made a fresh scene with a new G8 and added parented items.  
    Was like Blink-fast fast with G8 and one outfit and some extras that most load on.
    But, Once I added geo-shells and fiberbows/eyebros and total was >20-30 items is when things were back to suddenly really bog.

Not sure how others use more "outfitted" characters.
    I may have to make a base character and setup many wearable presets.
    Would mean if I have one of my characters decorated and in scene and I decide to add another clothing items and that I want to use Fit-addon's, well, I may need to revert back to base character, load outfit, add fit-on and afterwards reload the wearables again?  Would make workflow less fun and more interrupted that way.

So ummmm yes, not sure if there are any limits or guidlelines in how to use this very helpful Wonderful product?
    Or maybe I just have to sigh and accept am pushing the usage limits?

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565

Ah. I've got 60 plus of your products from here (and a few from other stores) and was hoping to get this. But I was also hoping there'd be an extra introductory discount for people who had already bought both male and female Genesis 3 and Genedis 8 Fit Control products, as you have been quite generous before with extra initial discounts for previous cutomers of related products.

Sadly not this time, and I simply cannot afford even the introductory price. I'll have to leave it until it is out of New so I can use one month's PlatClub voucher on top of it going to 40% discount in some future sale. Unfortunately I'm going to be doing all my clothes fitting to characters for the next year or two in the next month or so in prepfor rendering out a long story. :(

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,945
    DavidGB said:

Ah. I've got 60 plus of your products from here (and a few from other stores) and was hoping to get this. But I was also hoping there'd be an extra introductory discount for people who had already bought both male and female Genesis 3 and Genedis 8 Fit Control products, as you have been quite generous before with extra initial discounts for previous cutomers of related products.

Sadly not this time, and I simply cannot afford even the introductory price. I'll have to leave it until it is out of New so I can use one month's PlatClub voucher on top of it going to 40% discount in some future sale. Unfortunately I'm going to be doing all my clothes fitting to characters for the next year or two in the next month or so in prepfor rendering out a long story. :(

Which begets a question for Zev - if you've already added moprhs to an outfit with the original sets, do you have to start over again to use the new ones or can they simply be added on?  I was assuming that they could...

edited May 2019

Hi.  Thanks for another great addition!  Own so many of your products already :)

Am having some technical issues though with Fit Control...now.
    It's more complicated, so please excuse the wall of text.
    But it could well be that I am pushing the limits?
    However, it could also be partly due a procedural part of the script setup that could be altered?  Or not.

I make pre-made characters with a quite a few parented items.  
    One character may have 25-30 items loaded on.
    Maybe 2-3 hair for blending to new hairdoos, several items of jewellery, fiberbrows & fiberthis and that, geoshells like gens and another tongue, a few base outfits (toggle on-off as required).

The main issue arises when I use the script on parented item on that "loaded" character node, my PC system gets bogged. Like in a sluggish way and need to close DazStudio.
    CPU shows 25% usgage and stays there when this happens.  
    (Win 7 64 bit, i5-6600k, 32GBram, RTX2080Ti)
    Using DS Beta 4.11.0.335 with Nvidia 430.39.
    Nothing else in DS causes this kind of "system constipation".
    Dforce or renders run fine no matter how taxing.

There are 3 obvious manifestations to this issue after launching Fit Control Script.
    (1) If I simply open the Fit Control dialogue start for a pre-made char described above and then press cancel to get out without making a change, I can really see how the script STILL goes through all the items -- one by one -- because it's process is slower and the highlight box starts to pause for sometimes 25 seconds or longer on some items.  It doesn't just cancel and close the dialogue box.
    (2) If I pick one item or more to add FIT Control Morphs to, then it also appears to get bogged with longish pauses for 20-35 seconds for some items.
    (3) The script always does finish but it takes so many minutes that I think twice&thrice about using Fit Control for these more loaded chars.  However, the system is still bogged afterwards.  So I save (it's slow but works) and I have to close down Daz Studio and re-open DS and then the project and all is good.
    If I do NOT close DazStudio, my whole system seems still clogged.  And it stays clogged.  Open my internet browser and it's also slow-ish.  Closing DazStudio after the FitControl Addon script bog, and all is back to snappy again.  It's like some system process is out of sync or something.

What makes me think it may be possibly an alterable procedural script thing is what I see happening with manifestation#1. Does the script have to go through items that do not have FitControl Morphs added?  So many items I do not need to use the Fit-addon morphs. The way the script process still goes through each item its like it's processing something in the background.  But if those many items do not need Fit-addon, but it goes through them anyway, well it seems to me, this is maybe partly contributing in someway to my system bog?

I did do a test control.
    Just made a fresh scene with a new G8 and added parented items.  
    Was like Blink-fast fast with G8 and one outfit and some extras that most load on.
    But, Once I added geo-shells and fiberbows/eyebros and total was >20-30 items is when things were back to suddenly really bog.

Not sure how others use more "outfitted" characters.
    I may have to make a base character and setup many wearable presets.
    Would mean if I have one of my characters decorated and in scene and I decide to add another clothing items and that I want to use Fit-addon's, well, I may need to revert back to base character, load outfit, add fit-on and afterwards reload the wearables again?  Would make workflow less fun and more interrupted that way.

So ummmm yes, not sure if there are any limits or guidlelines in how to use this very helpful Wonderful product?
    Or maybe I just have to sigh and accept am pushing the usage limits?

Hi. We are looking into it. We found strange results if you apply Fit Control if the character has certain hair sets pre-loaded. EG if I loaded the Blair hairset for G8 and one clothing item my entire system comes to a crawl after applying Fit Control. WIthout that hair set, Fit Control works as intended. We still cannot figure out why this happens, but when we do we will try and correct it. Now, to solve the issue we were going to bypass that it scans hairsets altogther but some users find some of the Fit Control morphs applied to it useful so we left the feature in. We tested it on a few hairsets and it worked fine so we thought it was just an isolated issue, but we do not have all the hairsets. So can you do a test and see if it works fine when no hair is loaded on a character or if it is still acting slow, if so we will need to see what all is loaded on the figure and try and emulate your results. So best workflow for now is load all you need on character without a hairset, apply Fit Control and see if that makes any difference. Please let us know. We would like to resolve any gremlins as soon as possible.

"The way the script process still goes through each item its like it's processing something in the background."

This is correct. Scriptwise, the best solution was to have it scan and apply to all items, and then remove from them again if it wasn't checked, and ignore the ones that you chose. It's a very complicated process, but it was the only way to get the items to register what needs Fit Control and what doesn't in both the Add and Remove items menu. We did try that it only scans and applies to the selected item, but then that caused issues in the items populated list. So before we review that aspect, if changing the process is even a solution, we need to know if the hair issue is causing slowdown, or something else. If the issue is more widespread on other items, we will have to review the process and come up with a solution.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited May 2019
    Cybersox said:
    DavidGB said:

Which begets a question for Zev - if you've already added moprhs to an outfit with the original sets, do you have to start over again to use the new ones or can they simply be added on?  I was assuming that they could...

Hi. Using the script interface it will complain saying the item already has Fit Control loaded, but it will still load the addon morphs. So, best workflow to make sure the old morphs which have been replaced or updated aren't populated, is to click on the clothing item, then use the Fit Control - 03 Delete Unused Morphs On Selected Item, then run the script again with figure selected. It will still say no followers found without Fit Control when you try and apply, but it will load all the morphs on. I think we should change the popup word Error to Warning, since technically it isnt an error. Let me know if that works.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited May 2019
    edited
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 872
    Zev0 said:
    So can you do a test and see if it works fine when no hair is loaded on a character or if it is still acting slow, if so we will need to see what all is loaded on the figure and try and emulate your results. So best workflow for now is load all you need on character without a hairset, apply Fit Control and see if that makes any difference. Please let us know. We would like to resolve any gremlins as soon as possible.

DM'd you. 

Short version: One of the products causing issue has new custom bones. 

Thanks for the feedback. I will review your DMyes

• Hi 

I am having the same issue 

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\QtScript4.dll" at 0033:000000002554E1BC, QScriptEngine::signalHandlerException()+18380 byte(s)

G3 works but when use in G8 it will crash on Daz3d  Version 4.10.0.123 Pro Edition and beta 4.11 

I submitted a help tkt today.

Thanks for submitting ticket.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    Zev0 said:

Hi. The add-on does not contain any scripts for the g8 version and uses the original scripts. So if you go to Fit Control for G8 that is where you will find it. You wont find it under the add-on product via smart content. Also please make sure you have the updated version of Fit Control for Genesis 8 Female. The script header needs to be v1.2

You might want to put this in the product description, Zev. 

So you're saying I just run the original script and it will automatically create the add-on morphs? It's confusing since it's different for G3.

"So you're saying I just run the original script and it will automatically create the add-on morphs?"

Yes that is correct, provided you have the add-on of course, and the base product has been updated to version 1.2

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    Zev0 said:

"So you're saying I just run the original script and it will automatically create the add-on morphs?"

Yes that is correct, provided you have the add-on of course, and the base product has been updated to version 1.2

I do. Your products are great. Thanks!

Thank you for the supportyes

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,041

It would be cool, if we could add the male morphs on male clothes, added per autofit on females.

I changed the scene identifaction, to use the male script on a female, but the female morphs are still added.

Hmmm...Only way I can think of this if you want cross gender morphs on the clothing is to do this:

-Load male and female in scene. Autofit male clothing on female. Apply Fit Control. Male clothing now has female morphs. Now fit that item back on male.

Or...apply Fit Control while fitted on same gender, then autofit to other gender..morphs will carry over to that gender.

I did a scene save test and when I opened the morphs were still there. Dunno if that is what you are asking.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,041
    Zev0 said:

Hmmm...Only way I can think of this if you want cross gender morphs on the clothing is to do this:

-Load male and female in scene. Autofit male clothing on female. Apply Fit Control. Male clothing now has female morphs. Now fit that item back on male.

Or...apply Fit Control while fitted on same gender, then autofit to other gender..morphs will carry over to that gender.

I did a scene save test and when I opened the morphs were still there. Dunno if that is what you are asking.

yeah, you are right, this work around is of course working.

But is there a chance to remove to gender check from the script in a future update, so that we can add the morphs we want without a workaround?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,873
    edited July 2019

I just ran across something that I'm not sure if it's intended behavior or not. I added Fit Control morphs to what was basically a pair of pants, and it ran just fine. I then realized that I'd forgotten to add waist morphs, so I ran the add-on again. When the "Please select items to add morphs to" came up, the pants weren't an option. I'm guessing that the addon saw that it had already worked on that item, so it didn't list it as an option. Is that right, or have I run across something unplanned?

Weirdly, it then seemed to add all the Fit Control morphs back into the item where they'd been before, but this time they were all red instead of the colors that they were originally. The scene got incredibly sluggish, so I just removed all morphs from the item, saved, exited Studio, and started again.

Post edited by vwrangler on

Hi. there are too many variables in that comment for me to answer correctly. If you can show me step by step what is happening, also showing what all is populated on the figure then I can respond. I am also confused why waist morphs wasn't added the first time? The script adds all morphs onto the clothing.

edited July 2019

Ah, OK. Sorry, I conflated a few things.

1. Added Fit Control morphs to a pair of pants. Adjusted a few sliders. Fit Control was not added to any other item in the scene.

2. Used "Remove unused morphs" to remove the ones I wasn't using.

3. Realized that I'd forgotten to use the waist morphs, so they'd been removed from the item.

4. Re-ran "Add morphs to item."

5. Pants that I'd added morphs to previously did not show up in the Select Item window as an option, so I clicked "Cancel".

6. Fit Control then seemed to add all the morphs back in anyway. (I realized later that the red ones were just morphs from a different section of Fit Control than the underwear morphs, and they actually are red, so that's not relevant.)

7. Moving around the scene in the workspace got incredibly sluggish.

8. I checked the other items in the scene, but Fit Control hadn't added visible morphs to anything but the one item I'd selected the first time, back in step 1.

9. Used "Remove all morphs" option to get back to a neutral state, saved, exited, restarted Studio.

10. Did everything over again, but this time remembered to use the waist morphs before removing Unused..

Is that helpful?

Unfortunately, I can't really show the scene as it was then; it's been changed a lot since I first posted.

edited July 2019

Hi.

For Point 4 & 5.

Ok how Fit Control works is if you have some FC morphs left on the clothing and run the script again, it will bring up a pop up note saying item already has Fit Control and wont open the add to list interface, but will still add all the missing morphs back in.

I just emulated the process you described and it didn't slow down. I know the slow down issue happens when certain hair sets are attached, and I experienced it one one dress item that had custom bones. We still don't know why...For now, if you experience the slow down issue, just save scene and close studio and open it again. There is something happening that sends the script in an endless loop..We will address the issue the minute we can figure out why this happens.

Can you tell me the specific pants item you used so I can try with that to see if I get the same result?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2019

It was the Ms Sally stockings from Rendo, part of the Ms Sally set, cross-figured.

The process you describe did not quite happen, however. I didn't get a message saying that it already had Fit Control morphs, because it didn't list the item in the Select Item interface when I tried to add morphs the second time, so I couldn't select them. It did add everything back in to just that item, however.

So, I'm afraid I have another question. Is there a way to make Fit Control stop looking at every item conformed to a character when you only want it to work with specifically selected item?

I was working with a G8M character. I had the H&C Waist towel (sent through the RSSY Clothing Converters previously) that I wanted to add morphs to. I also had some hair conformed to the character (CC Shave Boss G8M, and Real Hairy and Alexios Hair, both autofitted). I selected Add Morphs to item, and when the popup came up, I selected the towel and only the towel in the Select Item popup, and accepted that. Fit Control added morphs to the towel, and then proceeded to look at every item conformed to the character. I wouldn't have realized what was going on, except that as it hit each item in the scene, it pulled the scene selection to whatever it was looking at. Since fibermesh body hair has a lot of geometry, this took a few minutes. By contrast, Remove Morphs from Item looked only at the towel, removed items, and was done in about a second.

I guess I don't quite understand why it's doing that, if you've already told it you only want to add morphs to specific items.

edited July 2019

Hi. It does a scan of items in order to create the add and remove morphs list in the interface. Right now if it does not perform a scan, wrong items or no items will appear in add and remove lists. Fit Control wont know what has or does not already have FC morphs. We are looking at ways to prevent a scan, but it isnt an easy task. At it's core thats how the entire system was designed. We have had discussions on other solutions like adding smart detectors to bypass keywords like hair etc, so it wont scan those. Then again the reason we left hair in is because some said the morphs are handy for hair sets as well. Regardless, we are looking at ways to speed it up.

Post edited by Zev0 on