Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• stlkr82stlkr82 Posts: 20
    DMaster said:
    stlkr82 said:
    DMaster said:

Just resave to remove message.

it doesn't solve that it still appears in scene that were done before AFE was installed.
    now i have to move all sliders one by one.
    all older projects have this stuff going on.

Do a folder/file search for AFE*.duf and del. Make a note where you find them. DIM does not make those kinds of mistakes.  

it made even more trouble with error popups.
    i just gave up. too much hassle.

• ainukeainuke Posts: 79

Quick question, and I'm sorry if it's been answered in any of the 25 previous pages, but is there a way to set AFE to not default to 100% on every new character load? It's an additional step (or rather 12 clicks) to drill down to the expressions menu to turn it off, and any time I load any other expression, the effects are magnified to absurdity. I like using AFE, but an "opt-in" setting would be better.

Thanks for the awesome expression set!!

Erik

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

@ainuke check out this post it has an on/off button. Also the post below that one is the duf to replace the current one for it to load off I believe.

• ainukeainuke Posts: 79
    edited June 2020
    Daventaki said:

@ainuke check out this post it has an on/off button. Also the post below that one is the duf to replace the current one for it to load off I believe.

Thank you so much! This was exactly what I needed.

Erik

EDIT: It took me forever originally to figure out why any time I used an expression on a figure they immediately looked like the Joker, LOL.

Post edited by ainuke on
  • CELESRACELESRA Posts: 88

Hi there, I have an issue. I created a character from scratch on Genesis 8 with morphs, applied skin, saved all the different presets, followed the guide for attaching this and turning it on, then adding the skin presets back in, but it is only showing white. Nothing I do is making a difference. I have the latest software application version.

DMaster said:

1- apply all materials to G8F figure 1st. Once you are happy with your material. 

2- Select G8F Save the material(s) preset. Save all.

3- Now load up AFE.

4- Select AFE and assign the material to AFE

If you redo materials then start again from 1

You state you adding the presets back in, are you applying them to the shell?

Yes, I just tried it again. It doesn't load the materials preset at all. Under ears, lips, face and torso under the editor for auto face enhancer, it shows that the materials are there. But the entire face is white.

Hmm sorry I can't help more, the only time I had any trouble I started over and followed the steps in the pdf in this post. I have DS tied up right now rendering so I can't do some test runs.  What character are you using?

It's okay. I have contacted Daz support. Thanks for trying to help.

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 127

Are you using a geometry shell on your character at all? Either for a clothing item or skin effects? This will make the AFE attachment appear white. You can turn the geometry shell off for the AFE zones in the parameters tab, or make the AFE materials invisible by turning the opacity sliders to zero in the surfaces tab, or if it's akin effect shell, copy the effect from the face and torso surface groups to the corresponding AFE surface groups. 

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

Be sure you have the Auto Face Enhancer selected in the Scene Tab. Then, go to the Surfaces Tab. Clicking on the Auto Face Enhancer in the Surfaces Tab, select Paste, and paste the Presets from your character onto the AFE. (They have already been copied if you've saved a Materials Preset.) See if that works. Also, the idea mentioned above of saving a separate materials preset is fine. That usually works.

You might also try clicking on your entire charactter in the Scene Tab. Going to the Surfaces Tab. Select Copy for all of the materials. (This omits saving a separate Materials Preset.) And, proceed with what I've mentioned above. Just to make it clearer: Be sure you have the Auto Face Enhancer selected in the Scene Tab. Then, go to the Surfaces Tab. Clicking on the AFE in the Surfaces Tab, select Paste, and paste the Presets from your character onto the AFE.

If neither of these procedures work, then, yes, I guess wait for DAZ Technical Support. Or, maybe DMaster or someone else will answer in this thread. Have you read this thread? I know, it's 26 pages long, but people have asked about this and been answered, especailly in the first few pages of this thread. (So, I'm not saying you must read the entire thing.)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Copy the materials aka Surfaces from the model after selecting ther model in the scene tab, expand the children of the selected model in the scene tab & you'll see the geometry shell in that list, select it & paste the material you copied prior.

• golem841golem841 Posts: 127
    edited June 2020

@DMaster :

I'm sorry to bother you with a probably trivial problem.

Since installing, via DIM the Autoface Enhancer bundle (HD with power pose + real female HD expressions + skin HD details)

I encounter major "duplicate formulas problems" : it takes about 30 mn to load a single Gen8 f in a blank scene.

Attached is the log file.

What's wrong : a conflict between other things ? A second more or less hidden library inside the computer ?

Thanks

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    6M
    Post edited by golem841 on
  • DMasterDMaster Posts: 410

If you install AEH in the pass and install again in DIM. Yes, you will have a duplicate ID.

Working with DIM. You cannot install external downloads.

DAZ has made it difficult for people who take PA work and download from the bootlegging site. For a few dollars, these people are wasting a lot of time and messing up the Free DAZ app on their system. I am not saying that you did bootleg. There may be a problem if you install them 2x and installed them into 2 dif places.

Remember all products on DAZ go through rigorous testing to get approval to publish on DIM. So it has to work before it can be in the store.

Below is a way to remove all AFE and to test if it works.

1-uninstall all AFE 

2-now check your G8F loading see if it take 30min (if yes then it is not AFE)

3-create new DIR from your library folder  (make it AFE testing folder)

4-download all AFE in the bundle and extract it to this folder.  (log into DAZ>myaccount>productlibrary>.....)

5-open AFE testing folder with the file manager you will find all the files and folders that should not be in the DAZ Lib

6-check your DAZ Library folder - make sure you have no folder and files like that in the AFE testing folder

Once everything is removed from the Main DAZ lib.

remove and DEL the AFE test folder. And do the DIM install again.

if you have duplicate formulas. do a search for the file. del all those files. and do a DIM uninstall and install it again?

read the post here few people have the same issue.

Note you need DIM install to make things work well.

• golem841golem841 Posts: 127

Thanks for your answer

I uninstalled everything from the AFE bundle and yes G8f loads at regular speed

I will try your solution with an AFE dir in the library folder to check if there are redundant files.

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410
    golem841 said:

Thanks for your answer

I uninstalled everything from the AFE bundle and yes G8f loads at regular speed

I will try your solution with an AFE dir in the library folder to check if there are redundant files.

so what you have is 2 same files in your system. Daz doesn't know what to pick up thus hang on you for 30min.

may try to install

real hd expression 1st - test the loading.

then AFE and Powerpose  2nd  - then tets loading

then AFE Skin detail 3rd - then test loading

with DIM install you can remove and install very quickly to find the package that causes the problem.

• Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 356

I've been toying with the idea to get AFE because it makes the expressions on faces look so much more realistic.  However, I have seen some renders where the AFE mesh was visible in the render (looked like a bunch of little squares on the skin depending on how light was hitting it).  Is that a normal output or have some of these renders been done with incorrect settings?  I don't own it, so I can't really test it, but I was wondering if those artifacts were a problem with the product.  I looked through and saw there was a convoluted way of smoothing those artifacts out by exporting and importing that may have included other software like ZBRush.  Shouldn't the product be able to address these issues out of the box?

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

Yes and no. The AFE is a different geometry from base g8, so it only looks right on the characters it's been prepared to handle (which are quite a lot, but nowhere near the sheer amount available in the store). This is a limitation of the geograph, and it can only be dealt with the method you referenced. The good news is that DMaster decided this was too limiting and reworked it so that the HD expressions can work without the geograph, so if that's the part of the product you are interested in (rather than HD skin details) you should not have any problems using it on any given character.

• I am so frustrated right now, I'm just hoping this random forum thread is a place I can get some support because I have no idea where a manual or support email or anything is. What I want is so simple:

I have added AFE to my character to try it. I now want to remove AFE from my character, just go back to how it was before. How do I do this?  

If you even hide AFE, it seems like your entire character's face and head disappear, doesn't it? Well, about the only things I've tried are turning the Expressions down, and turning the Power Pose slider to 0, and turning the Skins Details, etc., to 0.

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 127

I am so frustrated right now, I'm just hoping this random forum thread is a place I can get some support because I have no idea where a manual or support email or anything is. What I want is so simple:

I have added AFE to my character to try it. I now want to remove AFE from my character, just go back to how it was before. How do I do this?  

The same way you would delete anything from a scene. Right click of the AFE attachment either in the scene tab or the viewport and click delete Auto Face Enhancer.

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585
    edited June 2020

There are many thngs I totally love about this product, but I have a question that I'm hoping somebody has seen on their own sides as well...  When I use AFE Powerpose on G8M and dial up any of the expressions, I get some weird eye artifacts poking out through the retina whenever I even touch the eye position in powerpose.  I assume this is something others have seen, and I've tried looking through this thread, as well as through Google, but I can't find where it has been discussed.  Do any of you know what I'm talking about?  It's like some skin being morphed way out of whack or something...

EDIT - - Just to add some more info... I've verified that by dialing out "Auto Pose Enhancer" completely out of the expressions the problem goes away.  It also seems to be OK if I ONLY move the eyes, but as soon as I touch any of the brow controls as well the exact same thing happens.  It's like super eye distortion.  I wish I could figure out what I need to dial out or hide to fix it :(

Post edited by duckbomb on

Yes, I get that eye issue also. I thought I had done something wrong. I usually try to fix it in AffinityPhoto, by painting and cloneing over it. It would be great if there were a product fix for it.

• Mart1n71 said:

I am so frustrated right now, I'm just hoping this random forum thread is a place I can get some support because I have no idea where a manual or support email or anything is. What I want is so simple:

The same way you would delete anything from a scene. Right click of the AFE attachment either in the scene tab or the viewport and click delete Auto Face Enhancer.

This is the first thing I tried and it doesn't work because the enhanced face shell is the only geometry that exists for the face. When you delete, there is no longer any face. 

Yep, that's what I found also. You might try unparenting the AFE attachment and then deleting it. (Save the file first, of course, before attempting this.) As I said above, I just turn everything to Zero.

• hookflashhookflash Posts: 167
    DMaster said:

Replacing this duf (attach) file will get AFE (female) to turn off when loading character

put it in your library folder where AFE is *** \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\D.Master\Auto Face Enhancer Female\G8Female Real Expressions HD

Hey D.Master, can I suggest that, in a future update of AFE, you make it turned off by default? It took me forever to figure out why my character's expressions suddenly started looking more exaggerated than they had before I installed AFEsmiley

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585
    hookflash said:
    DMaster said:

Replacing this duf (attach) file will get AFE (female) to turn off when loading character

put it in your library folder where AFE is *** \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\D.Master\Auto Face Enhancer Female\G8Female Real Expressions HD

Hey D.Master, can I suggest that, in a future update of AFE, you make it turned off by default? It took me forever to figure out why my character's expressions suddenly started looking more exaggerated than they had before I installed AFEsmiley

I think this might be done now...  the past few times I loaded a scene it was off by default (even though the "default") is 100%).  At any rate, no more posing surprises when using expressions, at least not with the few characters I've loaded recently.

If your re-saving from an older scene, though... then I dunno.

• AxenbrixAxenbrix Posts: 1

Hello! Auto Face Enhancer is awesome. Thank you!

But I have two issues using it:

1. When I use AFE on my character, the individual ear shape of my character disappears.

2. When I make my character wear a geoshell bodysuit, the surface of the AFE turns white.

Is there a way to fix that?
    I love AFE but this really bugs me :(

woAFE.jpg
    974 x 664 - 357K
    withAFE.jpg
    974 x 664 - 381K
    bodysuit.jpg
    974 x 664 - 280K
    edited July 2020

I've found it's iffy: if you want to delete the AFE because the character looks too old, and you unparent AFE from your main character and then delete it. OOPS! Sometimes the character is faceless. Sometimes not. So, here's what works for me. You might want to try this out, under the above condition:

1. Unparent AFE.

2. Unparent anything else you'd like to keep, if you've been working on your character. For example, hair, clothing.

3. If your character has morphs you've worked on, save that character as a Character Preset.

4. Now, go ahead and DELETE AFE.

5. If your character is then faceless, delete the character. The other items, such as hair and clothing should remain.

6. Then, reload your character into the scene.

7. Choose each item, such as hair, and select "Fit To" the character. Add your Character Preset, if you saved morphs.

8. And you should now be able to work with the character. No AFE making the character look too old or extreme.

By the way, I do really like AFE. I'm not trying to criticize it. I'm just saying under some circumstances you might want to work without it. I do use AFE quite a bit.

Post edited by inquire on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

I am looking forward to using these remarkable products! I have the G8M bundle, and I'm getting this error when I apply the Auto Face Enhancer attachment to any of the G8Ms that are listed on the product page (so far I've tried it on the base G8M, Diego 8, Edward 8, and Dain 8). I have uninstalled/reinstalled through DIM, but still getting this error.

I also have the G8F bundle, but I uninstalled them for now.

AFEG8MMissingFile.jpg
    441 x 268 - 12K
    AFEFiles.jpg
    485 x 151 - 16K
    AFEContent.jpg
    632 x 580 - 112K