Shows That Inspire Animations

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

How to Edit Music to Your Video for Impact

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited February 2020

I recently bought a bundle of 3D elements for creating a circus - big top interior and exterior, props, clown and other costumes, trucks, loaders, entrance ticket booth, etc., etc.  Looking for inspiration, I watched "The Greatest Showman" (2017, 7.6 at IMDB, 3.5 stars out of 4 at rogerebert.com).  Based on the life of P.T. Barnum and set in Victorian times, but the music and choreography are decidedly not Victorian.  Here's a one minute clip of a big dance scene including some of Barnum's "oddities" (e.g. the bearded lady)

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi3667769369?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_3

Post edited by Steve K on

surprise they manually animated sephiroth's hair

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,128
    edited February 2020
    Post edited by Diomede on
    Diomede said:

Very cool, thanks.

edited February 2020

tee hee

Post edited by Mistara on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

That goes back a bit. "They're all dead, Dave..." lol

But look at those old mainframe computer tapes they're using as set dressing!!! Nothing ages so fast as tech......

I posted this as a source of inspiration for the current challenge, but it could just as easily be an inspiration of animations.

Biggest Liars Contests

Very common in different regions.  Here is a story on one Texas winner.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Truth-be-told-her-lies-are-the-size-of-Texas-13382275.php

Diomede said:

Biggest Liars Contests

" ... she’s surprised to discover the seriousness of her crime lends her a certain vaunted status among the assorted female check-kiters and traffic-ticket scofflaws ... " 

Reminds me of Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant":

" ...the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest father raper of them all ...   said, 'What were you arrested for, kid?' And I said, 'Litterin'.' And they all moved away from me on the bench there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I said, 'And creating a nuisance.' And they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the bench, talkin' about crime, mother stabbing, father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the bench ... " 

Steve K said:
    Diomede said:

Biggest Liars Contests

" ... she’s surprised to discover the seriousness of her crime lends her a certain vaunted status among the assorted female check-kiters and traffic-ticket scofflaws ... " 

Reminds me of Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant":

" ...the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest father raper of them all ...   said, 'What were you arrested for, kid?' And I said, 'Litterin'.' And they all moved away from me on the bench there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I said, 'And creating a nuisance.' And they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the bench, talkin' about crime, mother stabbing, father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the bench ... " 

radio station here plays ALice's every Thanksgiving. smiley wbab

Mystarra said:
    Steve K said:
    Diomede said:

radio station here plays ALice's every Thanksgiving. smiley wbab

You're lucky you still have a classic rock station.  All we have here in Houston is the non-commercial station from Alvin Community College, KACC, 89.7 FM.  Not entirely good reception everywhere in the area (5,600 watts of power and a staff made up almost exclusively of students"), but usually pretty good.  Their motto: "Houston radio is to music what the Hindenburg was to Zeppelins".  They play good stuff, I found Stereocide's "On Our Way" thanks to them.

wuh oh  crewman on sga in red shirt ko'd, is that a trope in all sci fi now?  

must remember to not dress my chars in red shirts

"Redshirts" by John Scalzi: "Ensign Andrew Dahl has just been assigned to the Universal Union Capital Ship Intrepid ... Life couldn't be better…until Andrew begins to pick up on the fact that (1) every Away Mission involves some kind of lethal confrontation with alien forces, (2) the ship's captain, its chief science officer, and the handsome Lieutenant Kerensky always survive these confrontations, and (3) at least one low-ranked crew member is, sadly, always killed." (Amazon description)

The crew slowly realizes that their world is not what it seems.  "This book is nothing more than comedy with a small bit of an existential crisis added in. It's funny and a very lighthearted."  (Amazon reviewer)

"Redshirts" is the winner of the 2013 Hugo Award for Best Novel.

redshirt = danger will robinson

i luved this show when i was a youngin.  i still lov it, and cant explain why.

seen any good tutts on protagonistcharacter development?

been watching FF origin stories, Squall, Tidus, some interesting hintsin them.

i tried using tarot cards to create personalities, in a show not tell way

of all the bad guy back stories, magneto still very ympathetic, and Loki.

tho my favorite is Tod the Wraith.
    got no sympath for the Joker.

Goldar, Silvar and Gam  laugh

They would know what to do with Chickenzilla!

Mystarra said:

A big source of inspiration for me is my honkin' big box set of "Calvin & Hobbes" complete.  Three heavy books in a big box, around $100 at Amazon, 98% five and four star reviews.  The last strip was bittersweet for a lot of us - a good friend was outraged, "Doesn't he know how much we need that strip!?!":

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/506232814336535185/

chickenzilla-meanya-son smiley

Steve K said:
    Mystarra said:

A big source of inspiration for me is my honkin' big box set of "Calvin & Hobbes" complete.  Three heavy books in a big box, around $100 at Amazon, 98% five and four star reviews.  The last strip was bittersweet for a lot of us - a good friend was outraged, "Doesn't he know how much we need that strip!?!":

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/506232814336535185/

I'm a big fan of Calvin and Hobbes.  Used to have some collection books but they were disposed of when I moved.  sad

minya son

tough lov from daddy zilla

• Reboot!  (1993) . Hands down get me into art , period. Ever since Reboot aired , all I've wanted to do is to make art on the computer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuEJWmxWkKw

i stumbled on a new concept.  what should go into an actors screen test?

• Mystarra said:

i stumbled on a new concept.  what should go into an actors screen test?

not what Harvey Weinstein added cheeky

RDJ!!

I just watched "Good Time" (2017) on Netflix, 7.3 at IMDB, 3.5 stars out of four at rogerebert.com: "There’s a hum to the night of major cities. It’s the sound of unceasing traffic, neon lights buzzing, televisions on in every apartment, and more, and it creates a unique energy ... "  Big cities at night are a theme that appeals to me ... a great example is "Nightcrawler" with Jake Gyllenhaal (7.9 at IMDB)  This one also has another fave them, scary amusement parks.  I tried this a while back in a short Carrara animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQR6mA6RovA&

goes to show any animated object can become a scene stealer,  lol.  luv that cloak of levitation, 

evolution of the sga intro

they took out the wraith queen and put in picardo. dohh

best ocean planet graphic ever! green with envy

fell down went boom