ATLAS Armored Suit for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

Comments

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

Instant buy for me as will all the expansion packs for this. Thank you for making this!!!!!!!!

• Very Nice

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Good Lord, that texture and insignia expansion looks good...

Really curious how themes like Arctic and so forth will look on this. Might there also be a version where we can change the entire colour theme to whatever might suit an alien environment we possibly use it with?

A damage expansion might also be useful, to mimic kinetic, explosive, incendiary and corossive acid damage, though I suspect that would demand a replication of every single texture being made for it.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724
    edited April 2019

Woohoo! Thanks for the new set! Thought I would try out a futuristic Navy police outfit, LOL

navypolice.jpg
    2109 x 2160 - 5M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Good Lord, that texture and insignia expansion looks good...

Really curious how themes like Arctic and so forth will look on this. Might there also be a version where we can change the entire colour theme to whatever might suit an alien environment we possibly use it with?

A damage expansion might also be useful, to mimic kinetic, explosive, incendiary and corossive acid damage, though I suspect that would demand a replication of every single texture being made for it.

You can mix and match textures with the different material zones provided which FSMCDesigns did a very nice job making use of. I never thought about adding damaged texture options as this is normally done in post effects in an image editor. Each new texture/theme set only requires a new base color texture. All the other maps remain the same but adding in a change to the surface, such as bullet holes, shrapnel, etc would require new normal maps and bump maps for each damage option.

- - -

FMSCDesigns, that's a great use of the material zones and you did that fast! The military gear expansion will probably go hand in hand with the police gear. The Insignia Expansion can be used for police themed renders as well.

Thanks! Yeah, I have some quality seamless camo textures and DS allows for tiling of just the base texture while leaving the other texture slots alone.

My only complaint would be that you can't hide parts without issues. I tried hiding the pads on the pants and found there to be holes where they were which reminds me of game models more than CGI models. On the bright side, the details are nice and I have no performance issues.

Looking forward to some gear! Hoefully it can be used with or without this set and kitbashed easily

• My only complaint would be that you can't hide parts without issues. I tried hiding the pads on the pants and found there to be holes where they were which reminds me of game models more than CGI models.

This was done for two reasons... mainly to keep everything positioned properly during extreme stretching and the other reason is to eliminate all unused texture areas and polygons.

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 803

The Beret alone will be worth the price! Awesome Set!

• wizard1200wizard1200 Posts: 239
    edited April 2019

The armor is amazing, because both versions look like a real armor, but the groin area of the female armor looks strange in my opinion. I have solved this problem by applying the male pants and boots to a female character.

Post edited by wizard1200 on
    edited April 2019

Really enjoying this one HH! I also got Aako's mesa desert the same day and needed to try it out also.

A little desert recon

recon.jpg
    1393 x 878 - 1009K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Textures and scene is done really well!

Textures and scene is done really well!

Thanks, definately looking forward to what you come up with on the expansions. These guys need some gear, LOL

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 620
    edited May 2019

Penny and dime.

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on

LOL, I think the term is "nickle and dimed", but looks great nonetheless! yes

• LOL, I think the term is "nickle and dimed", but looks great nonetheless! yes

I'm guessing you haven't seen the latest Punisher netflix series... ;)

LOL, I think the term is "nickle and dimed", but looks great nonetheless! yes

I'm guessing you haven't seen the latest Punisher netflix series... ;)

Not the latest, guess I know what I am watching tonight, LOL

Since I have facegen, I might have to make a Jon Berthnal character now, LOL

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

Awesome! I can not wait for updates and expansions.

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726

Love it. Looks Awsome!!! Love the part where you say. ((where all types of equipment, gear, and additional stuff can be added))

• Submitting the Insignia Expansion to PASS now! Everything shown is available for both male and female versions.

WOOHOO! Awesome work! Looking forward to this!

BTW what female character are you using, I like her face.

• Head Morphs:

Head Mats:

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

No Vault Tec blue and yellow? Hurrumph! ;)

• rrward said:

Could you provide an example(s) of what you're wanting, I may just create some free additional texture options.

• wizard1200wizard1200 Posts: 239
    edited May 2019

The Insignia Expansion looks amazing.

I guess rrward is looking for something like this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/fallout-4-vault-tec-workshop/bntndkmwbr9q?source=lp&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Post edited by wizard1200 on
    rrward said:

Could you provide an example(s) of what you're wanting, I may just create some free additional texture options.

It's a Fallout 4 color scheme, LOL

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/496881136925764328/

Head Morphs:

Head Mats:

Thanks for that HH, much apprciated!

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556
    rrward said:

Just being a goof. The set looks fantastic as is. But thatnks for considering it. 

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,709

I love those. And will definitely be picking them up. Will these have the hi and low res versions of the textures like the default ones?

• I love those. And will definitely be picking them up. Will these have the hi and low res versions of the textures like the default ones?

Yes the texture sets are set up the same way as the default texture however the beret and patrol cap come in a 2k format only but only for the base color and normal maps, the other maps are 1k or smaller..

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,709

I love those. And will definitely be picking them up. Will these have the hi and low res versions of the textures like the default ones?

Yes the texture sets are set up the same way as the default texture however the beret and patrol cap come in a 2k format only but only for the base color and normal maps, the other maps are 1k or smaller..

Oh that's excellent. And I just had a thought for a winter camo version, if you get around to it.

77169646-army-servicemen-in-winter-camo-somewhere-in-the-mountains-walking-moving-across-snow-desert-despite-.jpg
    1300 x 866 - 114K