[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 965

Thanks for replying RiverSoftArt. I am unable to provide my log file currently, but I will provide a copy of it later today or tomorrow. Since the file never actually completes, how long should I let the script run before I stop it and attach a copy of the log?

• nabob21 said:

Thanks for replying RiverSoftArt. I am unable to provide my log file currently, but I will provide a copy of it later today or tomorrow. Since the file never actually completes, how long should I let the script run before I stop it and attach a copy of the log?

I am not sure.  Try 5-10 minutes for the first one.

Hello again RiverSoftArt. I picked a different G3F/V7 based character and ran the program again last night and it did complete but it took slightly over 7 hours to do so. Attached you will find the log file that you requested.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • nabob21 said:

Hello again RiverSoftArt. I picked a different G3F/V7 based character and ran the program again last night and it did complete but it took slightly over 7 hours to do so. Attached you will find the log file that you requested.

There are so many messages I couldn't even see the beginning of the run!  A couple of observations:

• A lot of the time is taken convert JCMs.  Personally, I don't find them worth it unless it is a very unusually shaped character.  Uncheck "Convert Corrective Morphs (JCMs and MCMs)" will speed up the conversion
    • When Converting Custom Scene Character, make sure you type in a character name (preferably a unique one) 

After unchecking the Convert Corrective Morphs, please try a different conversion and post the log.  It will make my work more managable deciphering the log smiley

Okay. Thanks RiverSoftArt.

Hello again RiverSoftArt. I did as you suggested and tried to convert a G3f?V7 based character with the "Convert Corrective Morphs (JCMs and MCMs)" option unchecked and this time it completed successfully in just over 28 minutes. So it seems that the big issue is converting a G3F/V7 character with the "Convert Corrective Morphs (JCMs and MCMs)" option left on. Thanks for the help.

I have attached the log file to this post so that you can check it. I wonder if I am the only one having such slow conversions with characters using a G3f/V7 combined base? And why it is so very slow to convert the corrective morphs on these characters?

In any case both methods do seem to work, so if the quicker option doesn't produce the results I am hoping for I can leave the convert corrective morphs option checked and let the process run overnight.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • nabob21 said:

Hello again RiverSoftArt. I did as you suggested and tried to convert a G3f?V7 based character with the "Convert Corrective Morphs (JCMs and MCMs)" option unchecked and this time it completed successfully in just over 28 minutes. So it seems that the big issue is converting a G3F/V7 character with the "Convert Corrective Morphs (JCMs and MCMs)" option left on. Thanks for the help.

I have attached the log file to this post so that you can check it. I wonder if I am the only one having such slow conversions with characters using a G3f/V7 combined base? And why it is so very slow to convert the corrective morphs on these characters?

In any case both methods do seem to work, so if the quicker option doesn't produce the results I am hoping for I can leave the convert corrective morphs option checked and let the process run overnight.

It is not slow because they are JCMs, but because it adds to the number of morphs to convert.  Converting morphs takes time.  Converting 40 of them is a lot slower than converting 6.  You also have a speed issue because all of those:

Could not find output property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7HDLv4.dsf#FBMVictoria7_HD_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/FWSA/Makena/FBM-FWSAMakena.dsf

slow loading a figure down.  Fixing those would speed up loads of G3F.

I am not sure what the error messages are looking for. Are they looking for the Victoria 7 HD morphs and a character named Makena? If so that is odd because the character requirements only list Victoria 7 for the head morphs and make no mention of a character named Makena (which is a separate character for G3F that also uses Victoria 7).

nabob21

Also I have the characters that I am converting in a separate content library from the main Daz default content library. I have Victoria 7 but not the HD morphs. Are these also concerns?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,519
    edited December 2020

nabob21 said:

I am not sure what the error messages are looking for. Are they looking for the Victoria 7 HD morphs and a character named Makena? If so that is odd because the character requirements only list Victoria 7 for the head morphs and make no mention of a character named Makena (which is a separate character for G3F that also uses Victoria 7).

nabob21

The body morph for Makena (FBM-FWSAMakena.dsf) is looking for the body morph for Victoria 7 (in /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7HDLv4.dsf) (note that %20 is a space).  Does the FBMVictoria7HDLv4.dsf exist in /data/ DAZ 3D/...?  In any of your content directories listed in Content manager?

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

No it doesn't. I don't have the HD morphs for Victoria 7. It is odd that it is looking for it though since the character I am converting isn't Makena, and according to the requirements for Makena, it doesn't say the HD morphs are required - only Victoria 7.

All of the Deva3D files that are not found I do won and are located in the correct data folders in the content library on my external drive (F: drive) and not in the main Daz content library (C: drive).

I am not sure about the Toon Generations 2 stuff since I don't have that and never did. I have also never owned NGV7 or Bend Control. I do have Bethany and Teen Josie 7 and they are in the content library on my C: drive.

• nabob21 said:

No it doesn't. I don't have the HD morphs for Victoria 7. It is odd that it is looking for it though since the character I am converting isn't Makena, and according to the requirements for Makena, it doesn't say the HD morphs are required - only Victoria 7.

All of the Deva3D files that are not found I do won and are located in the correct data folders in the content library on my external drive (F: drive) and not in the main Daz content library (C: drive).

I am not sure about the Toon Generations 2 stuff since I don't have that and never did. I have also never owned NGV7 or Bend Control. I do have Bethany and Teen Josie 7 and they are in the content library on my C: drive.

The Makena error is not because of the conversion.  Makena is a G3F (if it is the one from that other site).  These are often errors the vendor made; updates can fix them a lot of times.

You are correect about Makena. It is from another site and unfortunately there is no update available. Do you know why I am getting the messages about the Deva3D characters as well as Tween Julie 7 and Bethany 7? Are they due to the same kind of issue?

Please note that I am not being critical of your product; it does do the conversions (although it can be very slow if I don't uncheck Convert Corrective Morphs as you suggested) so all is good. And I greatly appreciate your fantastic support on this. I am just curious about why the warnings are happening and wondering if I can do anything about them. And if I can't, well like I say, I can still do the conversions so I am happy.

• nabob21 said:

You are correect about Makena. It is from another site and unfortunately there is no update available. Do you know why I am getting the messages about the Deva3D characters as well as Tween Julie 7 and Bethany 7? Are they due to the same kind of issue?

Please note that I am not being critical of your product; it does do the conversions (although it can be very slow if I don't uncheck Convert Corrective Morphs as you suggested) so all is good. And I greatly appreciate your fantastic support on this. I am just curious about why the warnings are happening and wondering if I can do anything about them. And if I can't, well like I say, I can still do the conversions so I am happy.

I am not completely sure why these kinds of errors happen.  There was an early version of CC that exarcerbated the issue but that was fixed.  For myself, I either live with it or delete the offending morph.  If you are very savvy and determined, you could also edit the offending file to remove the reference.

Well as long as the conversion works it isn't that big of a deal for me. Thanks again for your help with this.

• nabob21 said:

Well as long as the conversion works it isn't that big of a deal for me. Thanks again for your help with this.

You're welcome!

edited January 2021

Edited - I discovered that I was making an error and now the script works as described.

Post edited by nabob21 on
  • nabob21 said:

Edited - I discovered that I was making an error and now the script works as described.

Excellent!  I am glad you got it working!

I do have one issue though. After the script completes and I close the dialogue box that says "Execution Successful", when I close the main script window Daz Studio always crashes and closes. Do you know why that is happening?

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

Was trying your product again today to find both converter scripts (batch and scen) throw an error and it is the same with G3F and G3M variations. Unfortunately the log does not say more than it failed to load the script.

2021-01-02 16:42:09.183 Loading script: D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_62491/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2021-01-02 16:42:09.188 DEBUG: Found: D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_72625/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2021-01-02 16:42:09.190 DEBUG: Found: D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67659/data/riversoft art/common/rscharacterconversionconstants.dsa
    2021-01-02 16:42:09.191 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1
    2021-01-02 16:42:09.193 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error
    2021-01-02 16:42:09.193 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67659/data/riversoft art/common/rscharacterconversionconstants.dsa:1
    2021-01-02 16:42:09.193 Error in script execution: D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_62491/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

2021-01-02 18:21:05.069 Loading script: D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3m to g8m.dse
    2021-01-02 18:21:05.069 Failed to load script: D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3m to g8m.dse"

Any idea?

• kgrosser said:

Was trying your product again today to find both converter scripts (batch and scen) throw an error and it is the same with G3F and G3M variations. Unfortunately the log does not say more than it failed to load the script.

2021-01-02 16:42:09.183 Loading script: D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_62491/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2021-01-02 16:42:09.188 DEBUG: Found: D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_72625/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2021-01-02 16:42:09.190 DEBUG: Found: D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67659/data/riversoft art/common/rscharacterconversionconstants.dsa
    2021-01-02 16:42:09.191 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1
    2021-01-02 16:42:09.193 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error
    2021-01-02 16:42:09.193 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67659/data/riversoft art/common/rscharacterconversionconstants.dsa:1
    2021-01-02 16:42:09.193 Error in script execution: D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_62491/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

2021-01-02 18:21:05.069 Loading script: D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3m to g8m.dse
    2021-01-02 18:21:05.069 Failed to load script: D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3m to g8m.dse"

Any idea?

That is an installation error.  DS is pulling in files from 3 different products (62491, 72625, 67659).  You can try making sure all products are up to date as that can cause the error.  Alternatively, uninstall the products, make sure all files are deleted from D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/..., and then reinstall using DIM

• nabob21 said:

I do have one issue though. After the script completes and I close the dialogue box that says "Execution Successful", when I close the main script window Daz Studio always crashes and closes. Do you know why that is happening?

This seems to happen on some systems.  I have not been able to isolate the cause.  Thankfully, the conversions are complete.  It is something about the system and quitting the script that causes the crash.

RiverSoftArt said:

That is an installation error.  DS is pulling in files from 3 different products (62491, 72625, 67659).  You can try making sure all products are up to date as that can cause the error.  Alternatively, uninstall the products, make sure all files are deleted from D:/Dokumente/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/..., and then reinstall using DIM

As soon I did 3 new products popped up in the log but it pointed me the right direction: In the end it seemed to boil down to a double install of your clothing converter G8f to G3F due to named slightly differently (an old one "Genesis8" and a new one "Genesis 8" in DIM and library.

• kgrosser said:

RiverSoftArt said:

As soon I did 3 new products popped up in the log but it pointed me the right direction: In the end it seemed to boil down to a double install of your clothing converter G8f to G3F due to named slightly differently (an old one "Genesis8" and a new one "Genesis 8" in DIM and library.

Great!  I am glad you were able to figure it out.

Thanks RiverSoftArt.

RiverSoftArt said:

Ah, wish I did.... now it's in infinite "Calculating Mean Value Weights" loop when i try to convert scene character.... I made it abort once and it ended up with a character, just it had completely different proportions.

• kgrosser said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Ah, wish I did.... now it's in infinite "Calculating Mean Value Weights" loop when i try to convert scene character.... I made it abort once and it ended up with a character, just it had completely different proportions.

Are you sure it is an infinite loop and not just converting LOTS of morphs?  If you have "Convert JCMs" checked, there can be a LOT of morphs that get converted.  If you post the log, I can tell you.

RiverSoftArt said:

If you have "Convert JCMs" checked, there can be a LOT of morphs that get converted.  If you post the log, I can tell you.

Actually it is a LOT ;) How long can it take? Will try again with a clear log and see where I get. Thanks for your exceptional help - and products! Looking forward to your Filament converter, will that speed up the viewport, too? What i would fancy was viewport close to iray but stil render out in iray, but I guess this would require separate scenes subsets and a topic for that other thread...

• kgrosser said:

RiverSoftArt said:

If you have "Convert JCMs" checked, there can be a LOT of morphs that get converted.  If you post the log, I can tell you.

Actually it is a LOT ;) How long can it take? Will try again with a clear log and see where I get. Thanks for your exceptional help - and products! Looking forward to your Filament converter, will that speed up the viewport, too? What i would fancy was viewport close to iray but stil render out in iray, but I guess this would require separate scenes subsets and a topic for that other thread...

Filament is certainly faster than Iray in the viewport.  I haven't figured out a good way to convert to filament and then use Iray.  There are just so many scene changes.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792
    edited January 2021

Many heads not converting correctly.

I did a batch conversion on all my G3F's and many of them resulted in G8F versions in which the head did not convert correctly. There could be other shape errors as well, but so far all I noticed is the heads. See the attached picture.

I'm using Studio 4.11.

Character Converter Problem 2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 543K
    Post edited by lukon100 on