[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• takezo_3001 said:

Well this sucks, I specifically got this for the JCM conversion capabilities yet when using Ultimate natural bend morphs for V7 on a V7 character, it did not transfer over to G8... The good news is that it converted it over with all the bones intact, but it still sucks because it did not convert UNBM, a corrective morph that I exclusively rely on for my characters!

I used the Scene conversion method, BTW...

Am I missing something here?

I do hope that I am!

If you are using the Custom Scene Character, you need to make sure the morph is engaged (not 0%) so that the script detects that that is what you want to convert.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

RiverSoftArt said:

If you are using the Custom Scene Character, you need to make sure the morph is engaged (not 0%) so that the script detects that that is what you want to convert.

Ahhh, I see!

Unfortunately, seeing as this is an activated upon character rotation with limbs type of morph, it won't work unless the character itself has their limbs bent... Lol, I did try and bend all the limbs with the character hoping that the morphs would cross over and remain hidden until activated by limb rotation, but they did indeed cross over... All at once, so my character is now a lumpy mess! laugh wink

Well, at least I know the process works, it's just that the nature of UNBMs will not work with the scene method... But I'm wondering if it will work with the non-scene-character conversion method instead?

Thanks for answering and the product itself, it does indeed work flawlessly, it's just that UNBM by its nature won't work with the scene method...

• takezo_3001 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Ahhh, I see!

Unfortunately, seeing as this is an activated upon character rotation with limbs type of morph, it won't work unless the character itself has their limbs bent... Lol, I did try and bend all the limbs with the character hoping that the morphs would cross over and remain hidden until activated by limb rotation, but they did indeed cross over... All at once, so my character is now a lumpy mess! laugh wink

Well, at least I know the process works, it's just that the nature of UNBMs will not work with the scene method... But I'm wondering if it will work with the non-scene-character conversion method instead?

Thanks for answering and the product itself, it does indeed work flawlessly, it's just that UNBM by its nature won't work with the scene method...

I miswrote slightly because I rushed, sorry.  For a JCM, it is slightly different.  The script will use the engaged morphs and then look for JCMs that are slave controllers of those morphs (specifically ones that have multiply links).  Perhaps you either did not engage a morph that has that morph as a multiply link or it doesn't use multiply links?

edited January 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

I miswrote slightly because I rushed, sorry.  For a JCM, it is slightly different.  The script will use the engaged morphs and then look for JCMs that are slave controllers of those morphs (specifically ones that have multiply links).  Perhaps you either did not engage a morph that has that morph as a multiply link or it doesn't use multiply links?

Hmm, I'll give it another go, I WAS using DS Beta after all, and that it has been proven to disable the usefulness of the scripts in certain plugins (Like XTransfer, as that needs to be updated!) part of me hopes that is the case with this, as that would mean it works for me, the other part doesn't, because that would mean the new beta has been negatively disrupting your plugin!

EDIT: Yeah, UNBM for V6 and Ideal Beauty for V6 does not work with this plugin, unfortunately...

EDIT2: Oh yeah, I did not mention that I tried the conversion with G2/V6 instead of G3/V7 as I have the UNBMs for G3/G8 already transferred using another plugin, so I don't want to chance messing them up...

Post edited by takezo_3001 on

Just Edited my post, yeah unfortunately it doesn't work for those products, strangely enough...

• takezo_3001 said:

Just Edited my post, yeah unfortunately it doesn't work for those products, strangely enough...

Can you post the log?  I want to see if it finds it and then throws it out or if it never finds it.

RiverSoftArt said:

Can you post the log?  I want to see if it finds it and then throws it out or if it never finds it.

I'll start a new conversion session right away and give you the log when it's finished, I just need to finish up a render, thanks for looking into it!

All finished converting V6 over to Genesis 8!

Here are the log files!

• takezo_3001 said:

All finished converting V6 over to Genesis 8!

Here are the log files!

I am pretty sure that log had multiple conversions which made it harder to figure out what is going on.  From a cursory look, it looks like the script finds the Ultimate Natural morphs and even creates them.  They now have RSG2 in the morph name of course (e.g., MCMFkhArmUp_rShldr becomes MCMRSG2FkhArmUp_rShldr).  Are they not on your disk?  Where it does fail, is in trying to set up the ERC links for the CTRLArmsUpDwnRight and CTRLUltimateNaturalforV6 controllers.  It does set up the link to the FBMRSG2FVictoria6Body though.  Not all JCMs are set up because the bone names are different (e.g., rThigh vs rThighBend).

edited February 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

I am pretty sure that log had multiple conversions which made it harder to figure out what is going on.  From a cursory look, it looks like the script finds the Ultimate Natural morphs and even creates them.  They now have RSG2 in the morph name of course (e.g., MCMFkhArmUp_rShldr becomes MCMRSG2FkhArmUp_rShldr).  Are they not on your disk?  Where it does fail, is in trying to set up the ERC links for the CTRLArmsUpDwnRight and CTRLUltimateNaturalforV6 controllers.  It does set up the link to the FBMRSG2FVictoria6Body though.  Not all JCMs are set up because the bone names are different (e.g., rThigh vs rThighBend).

Sorry about that, I threw in the Ideal Beauty morphs for V6 as well, I'll do another conversion with only the UNBM for V6, but this time I'm going to force the association by ERC'n them to V6 specifically before the conversion, as the morphs do indeed make it over to G8, I mean they're right there in my bloody folder, it's just for some maddening reason it's not showing up in a loaded G8!

Thanks again, for looking in on this issue, I'm so glad I bought this from your store, in spite of the issues I'm having!

EDIT: I'll also will be posting the log once it's finished, it should be much easier to read!

edited February 2022

Ok, finished with the ERC'd V6 conversion, I included some pics of the morphs used tab before/after the conversion along with a cleaner log file... Also of note, I used the general release version of DS as the beta breaks some scripts with certain plugins, and I keep getting a left-over RSC V6 clone that wasn't there when the first few times I ran the script, is that normal?

It can't be a path issue, as the V6 morph works perfectly... Rather, I hope it's not a path issue as I never install content folders on my C drive both because it will drastically kill the lifespan of my QVO SSD with all the re-writes that I do, and secondly, I simply would run out of room as 2Tb is not as much space as you realize I got a 2Tb not for storage, but for the TBW totals...

V6 UNBM-PRE CONVERSION.jpg
    966 x 1360 - 276K
    V6 UNBM-PRE CONVERSION2.jpg
    385 x 600 - 67K
    image_2022-02-01_114744.png
    1125 x 707 - 207K
    image_2022-02-01_115450.png
    1389 x 1303 - 616K
    V6 UNBM-POST CONVERSION Arrgh, it still did not take.jpg
    980 x 811 - 197K
  • takezo_3001 said:

Ok, finished with the ERC'd V6 conversion, I included some pics of the morphs used tab before/after the conversion along with a cleaner log file... Also of note, I used the general release version of DS as the beta breaks some scripts with certain plugins, and I keep getting a left-over RSC V6 clone that wasn't there when the first few times I ran the script, is that normal?

It can't be a path issue, as the V6 morph works perfectly... Rather, I hope it's not a path issue as I never install content folders on my C drive both because it will drastically kill the lifespan of my QVO SSD with all the re-writes that I do, and secondly, I simply would run out of room as 2Tb is not as much space as you realize I got a 2Tb not for storage, but for the TBW totals...

It won't be a path issue about C drive.  All of my Daz stuff lives on D and above (same reason as you, SSD smiley).  I am sorry you are having this issue.  PM me your email address.  If I can find time this weekend, I want to try something that might fix your issue.

RiverSoftArt said:

It won't be a path issue about C drive.  All of my Daz stuff lives on D and above (same reason as you, SSD smiley).  I am sorry you are having this issue.  PM me your email address.  If I can find time this weekend, I want to try something that might fix your issue.

Cool, got it, sent you the PM! 

• I've done a few conversions from G3F to G8F which have all come out looking really good; I just seem to be missing the Character dial. If I load a base G8F I only see character dials for what are native G8F characters, none for the converted characters. Two were converted while running Daz 4.16 (Bethany and Olympia) and one (Nancy) converted while running Daz 4.20; 2020 conversion and default settings in the converter.

Am I right thinking I should see a character dial for each converted character so I can blend them in?

• Roobarb said:

I've done a few conversions from G3F to G8F which have all come out looking really good; I just seem to be missing the Character dial. If I load a base G8F I only see character dials for what are native G8F characters, none for the converted characters. Two were converted while running Daz 4.16 (Bethany and Olympia) and one (Nancy) converted while running Daz 4.20; 2020 conversion and default settings in the converter.

Am I right thinking I should see a character dial for each converted character so I can blend them in?

Yes, you should have a dial for every character you convert.  However, if the script cannot find the CTRL morph, you will not see it, as the script needs to fix something broken in the CTRL morph for it to work.  If you look at the log, you should see something about it (FixCTRLFile).  I would check if the CTRL dsfs were written to the morph directory.  If so, they are probably broken.  What happened is that the CTRL file has "parent" : "#Genesis8Female" but should have "parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female"

• RiverSoftArt said:

Yes, you should have a dial for every character you convert.  However, if the script cannot find the CTRL morph, you will not see it, as the script needs to fix something broken in the CTRL morph for it to work.  If you look at the log, you should see something about it (FixCTRLFile).  I would check if the CTRL dsfs were written to the morph directory.  If so, they are probably broken.  What happened is that the CTRL file has "parent" : "#Genesis8Female" but should have "parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female"

Yep, I see it created the CTRL morph, so I went through reconverting one; deleted the morph files, re-ran convert and got this in the log

2022-02-22 09:12:21.450 [DEBUG] :: FixCTRLFile D:/Users/User/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ Originals,Fred Winkler Art,Sabby/FWSA Nancy HD for Genesis 3 Female/RSG3FFHM-FWSANancy.dsf 8 Female
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.453 [DEBUG] :: "parent" : "#Genesis8Female"
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.455 [DEBUG] :: "parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female"
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.472 [DEBUG] ::      true
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.472 [DEBUG] :: FixCTRLFile D:/Users/User/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ Originals,Fred Winkler Art,Sabby/FWSA Nancy HD for Genesis 3 Female/CTRL-RSC-Nancy.dsf 8 Female
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.475 [DEBUG] :: "parent" : "#Genesis8Female"
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.475 [DEBUG] :: "parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female"
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.478 [DEBUG] ::      true

Does that suggest it did the fix? Maybe there's a way I can look in the DSON file to check the parent parameter? 

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,519
    edited February 2022

Roobarb said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Yep, I see it created the CTRL morph, so I went through reconverting one; deleted the morph files, re-ran convert and got this in the log

2022-02-22 09:12:21.450 [DEBUG] :: FixCTRLFile D:/Users/User/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ Originals,Fred Winkler Art,Sabby/FWSA Nancy HD for Genesis 3 Female/RSG3FFHM-FWSANancy.dsf 8 Female
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.453 [DEBUG] :: "parent" : "#Genesis8Female"
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.455 [DEBUG] :: "parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female"
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.472 [DEBUG] ::      true
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.472 [DEBUG] :: FixCTRLFile D:/Users/User/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ Originals,Fred Winkler Art,Sabby/FWSA Nancy HD for Genesis 3 Female/CTRL-RSC-Nancy.dsf 8 Female
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.475 [DEBUG] :: "parent" : "#Genesis8Female"
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.475 [DEBUG] :: "parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female"
    2022-02-22 09:12:21.478 [DEBUG] ::      true

Does that suggest it did the fix? Maybe there's a way I can look in the DSON file to check the parent parameter? 

Yes, that log says it did the fix.  You can always look at a dsf in a text editor.  If it looks like garbage, it means a compressed file and you need to open the file in 7Zip and then view the file in the zip.

Are you sure you cannot find the Nancy CTRL property.  If the dsf is created and it is correct, it is Daz Studio that will bring it in for you (not the script).  I would try and filter on it (Parameters Pane)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Got it, I was looking under the Shaping tab where I see all the controllers for other Daz and 3rd party characters. Switched to the parameters tab and they are all there.

Thanks, problem exists between chair and keyboard. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

• Roobarb said:

Got it, I was looking under the Shaping tab where I see all the controllers for other Daz and 3rd party characters. Switched to the parameters tab and they are all there.

Thanks, problem exists between chair and keyboard. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Awesome!  I am glad you found it!

• I'm having a major problem with this product. It isn't working at all. I load the Character converter script (without loading any figures like the clothing or hair converters since the pdf manual doesn't say so), set the output directory. The 'Add Directory' can't detect any files at all so I had to go to 'Options' and uncheck the 'Check File type'. So then I add the files manually, they're all .duf presets of G3F characters, but all converting options (force convert, execute) don't work at all. The log says 'unable to apply preset.' What's going on here?

• RobertDy said:

I'm having a major problem with this product. It isn't working at all. I load the Character converter script (without loading any figures like the clothing or hair converters since the pdf manual doesn't say so), set the output directory. The 'Add Directory' can't detect any files at all so I had to go to 'Options' and uncheck the 'Check File type'. So then I add the files manually, they're all .duf presets of G3F characters, but all converting options (force convert, execute) don't work at all. The log says 'unable to apply preset.' What's going on here?

With the Force Convert, you have to check AND select the item to force convert.  Otherwise, please post the Daz log.

• Hi Riversoft,
    1. Wanted to say how much I LOVE your products - having people who write such useful scripts is amazing. 
    2. I wondered whether the following issue has come up before (and whether you had a solution)?

When trying to convert a character via scene conversion, the process completes and then fails with the following error:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtScript4.dll" at 0033:00000000E5E4E1BC, QScriptEngine::signalHandlerException()+18380 byte(s)

The only thing I can think to do is wipe the settings that your character converter creates when it's run for the first time? If this is a reasonable solution, where are said settings stored? (I'm a long-time DAZ user & software developer, but haven't done any DAZ-specific coding yet, so my apologies if this is a silly question).

Best!

• sou7hernsaint said:

Hi Riversoft,
    1. Wanted to say how much I LOVE your products - having people who write such useful scripts is amazing. 
    2. I wondered whether the following issue has come up before (and whether you had a solution)?

When trying to convert a character via scene conversion, the process completes and then fails with the following error:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtScript4.dll" at 0033:00000000E5E4E1BC, QScriptEngine::signalHandlerException()+18380 byte(s)

The only thing I can think to do is wipe the settings that your character converter creates when it's run for the first time? If this is a reasonable solution, where are said settings stored? (I'm a long-time DAZ user & software developer, but haven't done any DAZ-specific coding yet, so my apologies if this is a silly question).

Best!

That is very strange.  It is always disconcerting when it is not the script that crashes but what is running it. Is there anything else in the log?

• sou7hernsaintsou7hernsaint Posts: 10
    edited December 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

That is very strange.  It is always disconcerting when it is not the script that crashes but what is running it. Is there anything else in the log?

Sorry for the delay - I wanted to try out a few more and see if the problem persisted. 

Here's the error from the `errorlog.xml`:

<error>    <what>ACCESS_VIOLATION</what>    <process>      <name>DAZStudio.exe</name>      <id>8592</id>    </process>    <module>C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtScript4.dll</module>    <address>0033:00000000E2E1E1BC</address>    <function>      <name>QScriptEngine::signalHandlerException</name>      <offset>18380</offset>    </function><!-- @Riversoft - the rest of this error's tags are empty, so I've removed them from this code snippet ...-->...<!-- @Riversoft - the 'registers' portion of the log had this - I assume `eflag` = `errorflag`?--><registers>    <rax>0x0000000039DD0048</rax>    <rbx>0x0000000006D968A0</rbx>    <rcx>0x000000008F58D484</rcx>    <rdx>0x0000000000000000</rdx>    <rsi>0x0000000039DD0000</rsi>    <rdi>0x000000000A037AC8</rdi>    <rsp>0x00000000019FA9B0</rsp>    <rbp>0x000000000A050370</rbp>    <rip>0x00000000E2E1E1BC</rip>    <cs>0x0033</cs>    <ds>0x002B</ds>    <ss>0x002B</ss>    <es>0x002B</es>    <fs>0x0053</fs>    <gs>0x002B</gs>    <eflags>0x00010206</eflags>  </registers>...<!-- @Riversoft - the rest of the log has (I'm sure you know) a bunch of 'thread' and 'processes' entries - do you need these as well?-->

* Can you post a code block on these forums? If yes, apologies for the snippet laugh

Also of note, this problem only seems to happen when your RSClone model is loaded into the scene (that is to say, when I don't see that clone, the process executes succesfully without crashing).
    Also also, I *do* get the "completed succefully" alert when this bug occurs - upon clicking the 'ok' button of said alert, DAZ crashes ... so I don't know if the crash is arrested by the alert, or percipitated by something that happens after the user's acceptance of the message (or some third option I haven't thought of). 

Please let me know what further info I can provide, and thank you for taking the time to look into this!

Post edited by sou7hernsaint on
  • sou7hernsaint said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Sorry for the delay - I wanted to try out a few more and see if the problem persisted. 

Here's the error from the `errorlog.xml`:

<error>    <what>ACCESS_VIOLATION</what>    <process>      <name>DAZStudio.exe</name>      <id>8592</id>    </process>    <module>C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtScript4.dll</module>    <address>0033:00000000E2E1E1BC</address>    <function>      <name>QScriptEngine::signalHandlerException</name>      <offset>18380</offset>    </function><!-- @Riversoft - the rest of this error's tags are empty, so I've removed them from this code snippet ...-->...<!-- @Riversoft - the 'registers' portion of the log had this - I assume `eflag` = `errorflag`?--><registers>    <rax>0x0000000039DD0048</rax>    <rbx>0x0000000006D968A0</rbx>    <rcx>0x000000008F58D484</rcx>    <rdx>0x0000000000000000</rdx>    <rsi>0x0000000039DD0000</rsi>    <rdi>0x000000000A037AC8</rdi>    <rsp>0x00000000019FA9B0</rsp>    <rbp>0x000000000A050370</rbp>    <rip>0x00000000E2E1E1BC</rip>    <cs>0x0033</cs>    <ds>0x002B</ds>    <ss>0x002B</ss>    <es>0x002B</es>    <fs>0x0053</fs>    <gs>0x002B</gs>    <eflags>0x00010206</eflags>  </registers>...<!-- @Riversoft - the rest of the log has (I'm sure you know) a bunch of 'thread' and 'processes' entries - do you need these as well?-->

* Can you post a code block on these forums? If yes, apologies for the snippet laugh

Also of note, this problem only seems to happen when your RSClone model is loaded into the scene (that is to say, when I don't see that clone, the process executes succesfully without crashing).
    Also also, I *do* get the "completed succefully" alert when this bug occurs - upon clicking the 'ok' button of said alert, DAZ crashes ... so I don't know if the crash is arrested by the alert, or percipitated by something that happens after the user's acceptance of the message (or some third option I haven't thought of). 

Please let me know what further info I can provide, and thank you for taking the time to look into this!

I am stumped. sad  Can the script convert multiple items and it is only when stopping it crashes?  Or does it crash on the first conversion?

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,065

Dumb question time: Do you plan to create a converter form G1/2/3/8 to G9 some day? smiley

• Imago said:

Dumb question time: Do you plan to create a converter form G1/2/3/8 to G9 some day? smiley

Yes, I do.  I am working on one now, but got stuck for awhile.

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,065

RiverSoftArt said:

Yes, I do.  I am working on one now, but got stuck for awhile.

Nice to hear! If you make it work with G1 too, consider me an insta-buyer! yes

• Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 523
    edited December 2022
    Just wanted to say that I simply love your products! A real life saver. And your support is outstanding! As I think about upgrading to the newest Daz Studio version from 4.15 is there anything I should take care about? I've got a huge library for V4.2, G3 and G8.
    Post edited by Singular3D on
  • Singular3D said:

Just wanted to say that I simply love your products! A real life saver. And your support is outstanding! As I think about upgrading to the newest Daz Studio version from 4.15 is there anything I should take care about? I've got a huge library for V4.2, G3 and G8.

Thank you for the kind words. smiley 

For your upgrade, not that I can think of.  The big upgrade in my mind is DS 5.0 and how many scripts might break with it.  Before that, I expect most upgrades will be relatively painless (at least for my scripts).