XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    Gordig said:

I tried uninstalling basically all of my G8F content, and was able to both load G8F into DS and complete an XTransfer, on Kalea 7 and her pro bundle characters, and....this.

I had the same distortion when loading G8F (basic) in Studio Beta, after finding that the Public Build was crashing every time I loaded any G8F character.

Uninstalling XT did nothing, but deleting the XT folders from the morphs folder sems to have fixed the problem in both builds, though the Public Build takes a loooong time to load any characters now sad. I guess I'll have to start uninstalling stuff and hope for the best

@Zev0 I tried to attach a log file (in txt format) but the site won't let me. So here's a screen cap of the first few lines. If you need the whole file, PM me and I'll try and figure something else out.

LogSample-dragonfly2004.jpg
    2536 x 1244 - 3M
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065

The hardest part now  is understanding why different people are having different issues, and some no issues at all. If everybody was having the exact same issue this would be a simple fix, but we have to cross refference all the different scenarios. We will get there. I might send update versions to people to test to see if it solved their issues before we role out an official update.

edited December 2019
    Artini said:
    nicstt said:

I'm happy to wait for a fix, and it does a brilliant job with the transfers.

Edit:

This is the one that caused issues; I noticed it seemed to be transferring loads of files not listed; named characters etc; they weren't favourited btw.

If I come accross another similar, I'll keep a closer eye on it.

So far only issue, although not got rid of the new default shape on G8F as yet

I hope, that the issue with the new default shape of G8F will be fixed.

Until then, I will wait with the installation on my computer.

Can I see what it looks like? Did you try and remove the XTransfer folder from G8? That should solve it if any Xtransfer morphs were casuing it not be in default state.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Gordig said:

I tried uninstalling basically all of my G8F content, and was able to both load G8F into DS and complete an XTransfer, on Kalea 7 and her pro bundle characters, and....this.

I had the same distortion when loading G8F (basic) in Studio Beta, after finding that the Public Build was crashing every time I loaded any G8F character.

Uninstalling XT did nothing, but deleting the XT folders from the morphs folder sems to have fixed the problem in both builds, though the Public Build takes a loooong time to load any characters now sad. I guess I'll have to start uninstalling stuff and hope for the best

@Zev0 I tried to attach a log file (in txt format) but the site won't let me. So here's a screen cap of the first few lines. If you need the whole file, PM me and I'll try and figure something else out.

OK removing XT folders will solve the crashing, however I am now worried why it is taking a long time to load..That should not be since all traces of XT have been removed off figure..

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    Gordig said:

Put the file in zip format and upload the zipfile, that seems to work, also I find that if you have duplicates in your figure that increases the load times considerably!

edited December 2019

To make up for this messy release I will make sure all customers of XTransfer will get the upcoming Glute Control for Males free. Don't care about losing money. Customer care is more important. Anyways time for more coffee and testing.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    Zev0 said:

To make up for this messy release I will make sure all customers of XTransfer will get the upcoming Glute Control for Males free. Don't care about losing money. Customer care is more important. Anyways time for more coffee and testing.

Thanks so much for staying on top of this, you've got my loyalty!

• f7eerf7eer Posts: 123
    Zev0 said:
    Gordig said:

OK removing XT folders will solve the crashing, however I am now worried why it is taking a long time to load..That should not be since all traces of XT have been removed off figure..

Using XTransfer did not increase load times for me.

My load times have taken a very long time ever since I used the RiverSoftArt product to convert ALL my G3 characters to G8. In retrospect, I think I will go back and remove the ones that didn't work so well, or I don't otherwise want. Also, when I deleted my XTransfer folder, I at first just renamed it, but I realized that this would probably not work, so I renamed it and moved it out of the Morphs folder, to my own non-DAZ folder. I didn't want to delete it because I thought someone might want to look at it.

Thanks for confirming.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970

Toon Duckie G3 -> G8. Worked great!

The toenails are a little off, though I could fix them very easily in any modeling program. Also, there is a basic issue with G3 and G8; in G8 there is a gap in the mesh underneath each fingernail. In g3, there is not; JoeQuick made good use of this in g3 to make a nice solid finger with fingernails submerged out of sight. Obviously... there's not much you can do about that when converting to G8.

I also had to play with the maps; Toon Duckie for Genesis 3 uses a unique UV. So I did Transfer Maps to convert to Base Male.

Conversion took about 4 minutes, the rest of it maybe 30 mins (transfer maps, apply the new maps to the surfaces).

Duckie.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 159K
    Eagle Duckie.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 173K

Oh that came out good.yes

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

@Zev0 you had mentioned earlier in this thread that if you favorite a GenX morph the Xtransfer script shouldn't  open, it does for me and I was able to convert a morph I transfered from K4 to G3 with GenX and then use Xtransfer to G8.  Did I misunderstand this process?  I will say the transfer wasn't horrible, but it was one of those with the large eyes and they don't tranfer well to G3 so of course the eyes didn't transfer well over to G8 but could be fixed somewhat with transform and scale.

edited December 2019

Hi.. Lol I can't even get GenX morphs to transfer atm.. Stop hacking the scriptcheeky Ye there is something weird going on where script wont open if only a genx morph is favourited, it also wont let me do a directory of genx.....Hey if it works for you then great:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2019

Here is a transfer of Skinchanger from G3 to G8 Male,  it worked well except the tail the bones only seem to work on the Fur wearable additive and not on the actual tail

skinchanger test Xtransfer.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 379K
    Post edited by Kharma on

@Kharma Can I see your GenX Transfer settings?

Zev0 said:

@Kharma Can I see your GenX Transfer settings?

sure but which settings exactly  would you want? The GenX tranfers I did with Xtranfer were ones I tranfered long ago with GenX

These highlighted here

Capture.PNG
    612 x 1257 - 89K
    edited December 2019

@Zev0 Ok I will set up a new one and see if it works, in the meantime this is G2 P3D Quinty who I transferred with GenX and then with Xtranfer

P3DQuinty G2 G8 test Xtransfer.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 359K
    Post edited by Kharma on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    edited December 2019

Just wanted to say that so long as it's not GenX (and I haven't tried it yet, so for me the jury is still out on that one...lol), it does a beautiful job. Just a few I've transferred (taken some artistic license on one of them.)

Laurie

Lekkulion Custom G8M.jpg
    1164 x 1669 - 146K
    MutantX G8M.jpg
    1129 x 892 - 132K
    Post edited by AllenArt on

Wow Laurie. Those are some fantasic renders and examples. Thanks for posting.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    Oso3D said:

Toon Duckie G3 -> G8. Worked great!

The toenails are a little off, though I could fix them very easily in any modeling program. Also, there is a basic issue with G3 and G8; in G8 there is a gap in the mesh underneath each fingernail. In g3, there is not; JoeQuick made good use of this in g3 to make a nice solid finger with fingernails submerged out of sight. Obviously... there's not much you can do about that when converting to G8.

I also had to play with the maps; Toon Duckie for Genesis 3 uses a unique UV. So I did Transfer Maps to convert to Base Male.

Conversion took about 4 minutes, the rest of it maybe 30 mins (transfer maps, apply the new maps to the surfaces).

How does one do that?

• How long is too long? I have a conversion running for over four hours now (with an i9 processor and 32 GB or memory). Last log entries in the window: 

Loaded file: MCMJosie7EyesClosedR.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...

Pretty sure this is the same one it's been stuck on. I'm at 42% completed.

How many morphs or characters were selected?

• Guessing 20 to 30 (maybe higher). Could it stay on the same morph for 4 hours? Is there a debug log anywhere that could give more info?

edited December 2019

20/30 morphs or characters?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757
    edited December 2019

Morphs. It's one charachter. I loaded a scene with her in it, deleted everything but her, and zero'd her pose, in case that matters.

EDIT: Even more linked morphs/JCMs.

Post edited by argel1200 on

Ok you should have loaded a default Genesis 3 as per instructions, and favourite the character morph. Average time for a character with that amount of morphs is around 5 min. Have you managed to transfer a character before? Or is this the first attempt.

• Here's what's in my History:

Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCM3duMeganStylizedNavel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCMIzabella7Navel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCMRune7Navel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCMRune7NavelHD.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCMSunny7Navel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCMTweenJulie7Navel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: DTJillNavel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCM_FWSADaynaNavel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: PBMAuroreNavelHDlv4.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCMSatineNavel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCMKyla Navel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCMRubyNavel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCMClariceNavel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: PBMKarlyNavel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: PBM Ktarya Navel.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: eJCMArabella7BreastsDownwardSlope.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: pJCMOlympia7BreastsDownwardSlope.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: pJCMOlympia7BreastsShape01.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: eJCMJosie7Rage.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCMJosie7EyesClosedL.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Loaded file: MCMJosie7EyesClosedR.dsf
    Saving Morph Asset(s)...
    Writing Assets...

That looks like more than one character. Can you show me what you favourited please?

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757
    edited December 2019

It's still running!!  I favorited what was currently in use (including some hidden morphs), but left most of the hidden JCMs unfavorited (they should be pulled in because they're linked, right)?

Edit: I clicked Cancel but control has still not returned. Should I use Task Manger to kill it?

Post edited by argel1200 on