And yet another toilet without a seat???

Comments

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,369
    kyoto kid said:
    Fishtales said:

I remember a Snooker/Billiard hall here at home in Scotland and the toilet was a hole in the floor with two markers for where to put your feet, and there was no ladies toilet :)  It was open plan and the urinal was sheets of stainless steel on one wall going down to a gutter/channel in the floor and down a drain. You had to flush it yourself, a chain hanging form the cistern, which going by the smell many didn't :) That was in the early '60's.

...there was an old dive pub that was near where I used to work that had a long steel trough in the men's loo that serves as the urinal.

Oh I have seen that too. My Dad worked in a place that had a big steel half-doughnut and I couldn't be sure if it was a place for a lot of men to wash their hands at the same time, or a place for a lot of med to urinate together..... you know, building team spirit. Of course, I was pretty young when I saw that so my memory could be way off. 

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,369
    TheKD said:

Jackpot! Seat and a lid! And even bonus reading materials!

"War and Peace"........... oh, will be there for a long time..... need more fiber............

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,939

https://www.daz3d.com/ts-classic-bathroom-03 from the OP is now $1.99 Platinum for a Day. Anyone tempted at that price? :)

• Here have a seat.

...where's the toilet paper? Some things are vitally important to know before you take a seat, yanno.

• Haruchai said:

https://www.daz3d.com/ts-classic-bathroom-03 from the OP is now $1.99 Platinum for a Day. Anyone tempted at that price? :)

No seat, no interest....frown

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

So... nobody noticed that the tub was a bit... chunky? What I mean is, the vendor could have sprung for some subdivision on the curve of the rim; I hear that SubD levels are fairly cheap nowadays.

I mean, seriously?

blet

^Might depend on how many polys are in the rest of the set - and whether or not the PA set it up to take sub-d within Studio (ie - make the base model a little lighter on polys but have control loops in the right places so the end user can apply sub-d and get a smoother shot for close-ups if needed). That way the end user has the benefit of a lighter model for background and can up the polys if rendered in foreground.

----

Advance warning - my next set (after the next 2 that are DOs) will have a toilet without a seat or a lid! (but I've got a good reason - it's sci-fi and the seat is molded into the toilet - it then retracts into a wall-space for cleaning and sanitizing).

Luckily I remembered to include a drain-hole for the shower and the sink.

Indeed it might; but it is a promo shot. I never bought it; I didn't bother at 1.99 either becuse of the lack, both of the seat, and the poor looking geometry, because I don't consider it worth it.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

.Self standing variety coming to a props set eventually

toilet-paper-holders-freestanding.jpg
    400 x 400 - 15K
  • The toiler paper needs to be animated so that Cat 8 can do cat things...

• Haruchai said:

Sure, thanks for the HU.

I 'might' make a toilet seat and cover for it ;-)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

The toiler paper needs to be animated so that Cat 8 can do cat things...

I'm pretty sure that the mills impregnate toilet paper with catnip in order to provoke this behaviour.

• Predators have a 'drive' to sink their teeth into something. Toilet paper helps fulfil this passion, even for dogs.

Apparently the wild cats like T-paper too :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agVnhrFD3ww&feature=emb_rel_end

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

The toiler paper needs to be animated so that Cat 8 can do cat things...

My cousin's first dog, a Maltese, would unfurl a "streamer' of toilet paper, grip the end in her wee jaws and then proceed to "TP the interior of the house, running up and down the hallway, into the dining room, into the kitchen, drgging the strip until it snapped.  then she'd return to the guest bathroom again to pull another streamer!  Of course, this happened only a couple of times before my cousin decided to remove it from the wall mounted dowel.

Sincerely,

Bill

• I had to remove the wall mounted dowel too. Perfect height for an English Bulldog puppy to play tug o' war with, a game the wall was not going to win.

• TBorNotTBorNot Posts: 369

My house was obviously designed in CAD from a smaller design, and when they scaled up the bathroom the roll dispenser ended up a full six feet across the room from the commode.  It's pretty funny!

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I didn't really want to get involved in this discussion, and I especially don't want people to make comparsions between me and First Bastion, whose work I admire tremendously. So I'm not making a case for my toilet over his.

What prompted this is an old product update I'm doing - The Hotel Room. It was released in 2009 - 11 years ago - so a lot of the geometry and textures are a bit crude. I don't like people seeing my older products and judging my work by those standards, so I'm doing a free update with all new geom/texs, plus a larger room and all props rebuilt from scratch. And a full Iray version.

When I got down to it, by enlarging the room, I had quite a bit of extra space, and I added a corner room - a sort of walk-in cupboard. Now comes the "Duh!! How did I not see this!!" moment!. The original Hotel Room had no bathroom!! What?? In 11 years, I never even noticed!.

Ok. Slight moment of panic, but I'm good at improvising. I went into Home One Bathroom (another old product) and scavenged the bathroom set (in 3D Max), removed parts, modifed others, and made a few new ones. I turned the corner room into a bathrrom, and put the new modified bathroom in.

I've rendered a couple of very dodgy images, because although I say "I've done this and that", it isn't all finished, so some of pieces don't have morphs yet, and nothing is textured at all.

Image 1 - Toilet

This a rebuilt version of the Home One toilet, with Seat raised (taking the Seat Cover with it) and the Seat Cover raised higher to separate them. They're separate parented body parts which can be raise together or independently. Maye overkill, maybe not. It was that way in the original, so I kept it. The Toilet Floor Mat is a body part, and can be moved/switched off, but the Toilet Roll itself is part of the Toilet. (I'm actually re-thinking this. Maybe it should be independent). But the Toilet has 2 morphs - Roll Length and Roll Size - which you can see in the image on the roll on the left.

Image 2 - Basin

Similar to the original, although mostly new improved geometry. The Cabinet is separate and can be moved anywhere, with body parts for the door, arm and light, and the Soap, Water Glass (with Water Level morph) and Towel (with Towel Front/Back Up/Down morphs) are also body parts  The Basin and Faucet both have water, with level and length/thickness morphs.

To be honest, most of what I'm doing mat not ever be noticed by people, but I'll know it's there.

So..... "Coming Soon to a web page near you!!!" Corridors & The Hotel Room Free updates with full Iray Versions!

Sorry for the long drawn-out post, but right in the middle of this project, I needed to get it off my chest.

HBToilet.jpg
    998 x 945 - 159K
    HBBasin.jpg
    998 x 945 - 144K
  • maclean said:

I didn't really want to get involved in this discussion, and I especially don't want people to make comparsions between me and First Bastion, whose work I admire tremendously. So I'm not making a case for my toilet over his.

What prompted this is an old product update I'm doing - The Hotel Room. It was released in 2009 - 11 years ago - so a lot of the geometry and textures are a bit crude. I don't like people seeing my older products and judging my work by those standards, so I'm doing a free update with all new geom/texs, plus a larger room and all props rebuilt from scratch. And a full Iray version.

When I got down to it, by enlarging the room, I had quite a bit of extra space, and I added a corner room - a sort of walk-in cupboard. Now comes the "Duh!! How did I not see this!!" moment!. The original Hotel Room had no bathroom!! What?? In 11 years, I never even noticed!.

Ok. Slight moment of panic, but I'm good at improvising. I went into Home One Bathroom (another old product) and scavenged the bathroom set (in 3D Max), removed parts, modifed others, and made a few new ones. I turned the corner room into a bathrrom, and put the new modified bathroom in.

I've rendered a couple of very dodgy images, because although I say "I've done this and that", it isn't all finished, so some of pieces don't have morphs yet, and nothing is textured at all.

Image 1 - Toilet

This a rebuilt version of the Home One toilet, with Seat raised (taking the Seat Cover with it) and the Seat Cover raised higher to separate them. They're separate parented body parts which can be raise together or independently. Maye overkill, maybe not. It was that way in the original, so I kept it. The Toilet Floor Mat is a body part, and can be moved/switched off, but the Toilet Roll itself is part of the Toilet. (I'm actually re-thinking this. Maybe it should be independent). But the Toilet has 2 morphs - Roll Length and Roll Size - which you can see in the image on the roll on the left.

Image 2 - Basin

Similar to the original, although mostly new improved geometry. The Cabinet is separate and can be moved anywhere, with body parts for the door, arm and light, and the Soap, Water Glass (with Water Level morph) and Towel (with Towel Front/Back Up/Down morphs) are also body parts  The Basin and Faucet both have water, with level and length/thickness morphs.

To be honest, most of what I'm doing mat not ever be noticed by people, but I'll know it's there.

So..... "Coming Soon to a web page near you!!!" Corridors & The Hotel Room Free updates with full Iray Versions!

Sorry for the long drawn-out post, but right in the middle of this project, I needed to get it off my chest.

Okay just so I'm ready for those updates ... is this the product? https://www.daz3d.com/interiors-the-hotel-room

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056

not all motel rooms around have toilets, some share common facilities so it's not wrong

and we were just having some fun about the missing toilet paper and the handy book

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited October 2020

not all motel rooms around have toilets, some share common facilities so it's not wrong

and we were just having some fun about the missing toilet paper and the handy book

Say what? I'd be like, "No, just no, we are not staying in this dump". 

Edit: Unless it's a campground not doing the communal bath/shower facilities. It's a hard no.

Post edited by Pixel8ted on

Heh!! How do you all know I wasn't just having fun too? I might need to put a book in now! LOL.

No, seriously, I'm aware that there are common facilities in many places. I was more taken aback by the fact that I hadn't even thought about it. Like making a fridge and forgetting to put a door on!

The two updates are

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/interiors-the-hotel-room

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/interiors-corridors

Although Corridors is actually finished, I'll probabaly wait until I do the Hotel Room and upload them both together). (End of October?)

The next update from around that time period will probably be The Office. I'm working my through them as I can, while continuing to make new products.

At the risk of promoting my own products, updates you may have missed are

https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-display-cases

http://www.daz3d.com/everyday-household-items

https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-toiletries

https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-cosmetics

https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-groceries

https://www.daz3d.com/interiors-the-classroom

https://www.daz3d.com/streets

See. I've been busy!

• I have seen toilets with crafted seats on them. They were metal and aboard ferries in both Galveston and Corpus Christi, Texas.

I also seem to recall seeing one in a roadside rest stop somwhere. Not sure if it was in Texas or New Mexico.

But, to cede the main point: yeah, it's rare.

• mmitchell_houstonmmitchell_houston Posts: 2,473
    edited October 2020
    AllenArt said:

I can imagine getting up in the middle of the night, 3/4 asleep and...

falling in.

Laurie

Imagine 100 years ago (or not quite so long ago in some areas of the US still) in the middle of a cold snowy winter's night and having to wander half-naked through the house, out the back door, perhaps having to shovel a 40 foot path of 2 foot deep snow to get to an unheated little, unlighted, drafty wooden building with a wooden bench sporting a hole opening to a foul smelling pile of a mixture of fresh and years old poop and piss deep in the ground, and then falling in.frown 

Or the alternative of doing your business in the comfort of your own bedroom by using a Chamber Pot pulled from under the bed.  But they were often made of porcelain, were heavy and accidents could happen with them too. All disgustingly messy.sad  And in the morning someone had to carry all the individual Chamber Pots down through the house, out the back door, perhaps having to shovel a 40 foot path of 2 foot deep snow to get to an unheated little, drafty wooden building with a wooden bench sporting a hole opening to a foul smelling pile of a mixture of fresh and years old poop and piss and empty the pot into the deep hole in the ground without spilling onto the seat (or at least not telling anybody you did).devil 

I remember outhouses.  And having to use them a few times.  'Though not fondly.indecision

Not to get technical on this... but in your scenario you would use a chamber pot or just hang your butt outside and do it in the snow. You most definitely would NOT walk to the outhouse. And secondly, if it's that cold the poop and pee would be frozen (or at least really cold), so it doesn't really smell all that bad. And trust me... these observations are made from personal experience, not conjecture.

Other than that, though, I completely cede the point to the original poster.

Post edited by mmitchell_houston on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750
    jestmart said:

That may not be reading material based on what is missing.

I was so in awe at the presence of a seat on a DAZ toilet I too overlooked the lack of TP cheeky

It was made during the pandemic, so just reflecting the shortage of supply.  wink  sorry

edited October 2020
    jestmart said:

That may not be reading material based on what is missing.

I was so in awe at the presence of a seat on a DAZ toilet I too overlooked the lack of TP cheeky

It was made during the pandemic, so just reflecting the shortage of supply.  wink  sorry

Ha Ha!! The possibilty for humor here is endless!! We need a render of a shopping cart ful of TP in the loo!

PS FB - Love the TP holder / Rolls in the prop set you're working on!

Post edited by maclean on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...hmm, wipers of fairy bottoms. 

kyoto kid said:

that sounds like name of a fetish

• kyoto kid said:

The wee people are the ones who wipe their butts on the cats, I think.

arriety.jpg
    1280 x 693 - 364K
    kyoto kid said:

that would leave you with a smelly pussy blush

• kyoto kid said:

that would leave you with a smelly pussy blush

Oh you.jpeg

L(° O °L)

• Another search term "head" ... for toilets on u-boats ;-)