And yet another toilet without a seat???

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Roman_K2 said:

...maybe some thoughtful PA will come up with a store prop that sells a wide variety of toilet seats - like what one might find in some tremendously large hardware depot store. Wooden, plastic, long, short, heavy, light, themed ...

I used to think the "soft" ones were cute - flexible plastic or vinyl surface, with foam cushioning? 

#2 choice is the ones made out of poured resin, that had embedded stuff like seashells "floating" inside.

Or how about one that's heated?  This one needs a few tweaks to the temperature controls.  For the moment it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...yes

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,229

Cybersox said:

Do these artists all live in areas where they only have the asian styled trench or squat toiltets and think that the western toilet is just some odd piece of impressionist art?

Typing of cultural gaffs, just now I clicked on a Google ad -- something I almost never do! -- for reading glasses. Product sort of looks ok but I'd probably want to run it by my optometrist first... the web page had a little "Canadian flag" icon which looked wonky. I right-clicked on the oddball icon and this came up! It is a very bad take on the flag situation north of the border, enough to cast doubt on the location of folks selling the glasses.

Shades of "Pepsi brings your ancestors back from the grave".

not-a-canadian-flag.jpg
    1440 x 893 - 85K

Sevrin said:

Or how about one that's heated?

Oops, the forums software seemed to "slam the lid down on me", so my posts aren't in sequence. frown

Anyway yeah - I wasn't sure if we wanted to go into the "Toto" ones. A travel/outdoor store near me (Tilley.com, plug plug) actually has a Toto. I have actually thought about approaching Tilley's with a suggestion for them sponsor a digital hat... oops, uncharted territory!

Daz should have free, branded "toilet paper". laugh

The glowing "hot seat" reminds of a time when I was three years old. When nobody was looking I decided to check out the fascinating, glowing neon red rings on the kitchen stove! I got concentric burns on my right hand for my trouble, and boy did I howl!

• Roman_K2 said:

Cybersox said:

Do these artists all live in areas where they only have the asian styled trench or squat toiltets and think that the western toilet is just some odd piece of impressionist art?

Typing of cultural gaffs, just now I clicked on a Google ad -- something I almost never do! -- for reading glasses. Product sort of looks ok but I'd probably want to run it by my optometrist first... the web page had a little "Canadian flag" icon which looked wonky. I right-clicked on the oddball icon and this came up! It is a very bad take on the flag situation north of the border, enough to cast doubt on the location of folks selling the glasses.

Shades of "Pepsi brings your ancestors back from the grave".

That is "not" the Canadian Flag! Proportions are all wrong.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,939
    edited January 2021

Roman_K2 said:

...maybe some thoughtful PA will come up with a store prop that sells a wide variety of toilet seats - like what one might find in some tremendously large hardware depot store. Wooden, plastic, long, short, heavy, light, themed ...

I used to think the "soft" ones were cute - flexible plastic or vinyl surface, with foam cushioning? 

#2 choice is the ones made out of poured resin, that had embedded stuff like seashells "floating" inside.

The soft ones have a lot of cons, most notably that they eventually start to break down, become either flakey or sticky, and have to be replaced much more often.  I haven't seen much of the poured resin ones lately, though some family friends used to have one that was ringed with lengths of barbed wire that I rather liked.    

edit - I just did a lookaround and found quite a few on both Amazon UK and Amazon Australia, but the U.S. Amazon doesn't carry many resin seats at all.  Odd. 

Post edited by Cybersox on

...well looked at the new Messy Apartment and while I love retro look, particularly for some of the props (like the "Archie Bunker" console television and old AM/FM clock radio), to my dismay not only is there no seat or lid on the dunny, but no dunny in the bathroom at all, only a bathtub. 

Now this is where a a standalone dunny prop would be useful.

• kyoto kid said:

...well looked at the new Messy Apartment and while I love retro look, particularly for some of the props (like the "Archie Bunker" console television and old AM/FM clock radio), to my dismay not only is there no seat or lid on the dunny, but no dunny in the bathroom at all, only a bathtub. 

now that could be messy, would one partly fill the tub and dissolve it or stomp it down the plug hole? 

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

kyoto kid said:

now that could be messy, would one partly fill the tub and dissolve it or stomp it down the plug hole? 

In some places in some countries that would be collected in pails and dumped in the fields.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,940

Whilst the new Countryside room facilities appears to have an indentation suggesting a seat the lid looks like someone took the 'lid' bit literally and created some sort of jam jar lid.

Countryside Room | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

• Haruchai said:

Whilst the new Countryside room facilities appears to have an indentation suggesting a seat the lid looks like someone took the 'lid' bit literally and created some sort of jam jar lid.

....which also seems to be bolted to either the wall or thin air. Hinges are overrated, I suppose laugh 

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,940
    edited February 2021

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Haruchai said:

....which also seems to be bolted to either the wall or thin air. Hinges are overrated, I suppose laugh 

I assumed it was propped against the wall when not in use wink  Bonus points for the reading matter on it's own little table though, unless the paper in the books is to be used for something else surprise

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

WendyLuvsCatz said:

kyoto kid said:

If in trouble, just call the dunny repair man!

Or put your trust in maclean;)

• Catherine3678ab said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

kyoto kid said:

In some places in some countries that would be collected in pails and dumped in the fields.

Tip..... after the great collapse of civilization and with the help of E. Musk we all relocate to Mars, collecting this for the Martian fields will be a great start up company.

Get in on the ground floor.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,939

Haruchai said:

I've never understood the prediliction that some vendors have for making toilets and other fixtures, like lights, extrusions of a wall prop rather than as standalone props.  It can't posibly save much work, means almost nothing in terms of saving memory in this day of massive render textures, and it only decreases the versatillity of the final product, thus making it far less appealing.  As a result, I rarely buy products from those vendors until they drop to at least 60 percent off, and I'm sure that there are plenty of others who do the same.      

Sven Dullah said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

kyoto kid said:

If in trouble, just call the dunny repair man!

Or put your trust in maclean;)

...hmm, some of the bus stops around town here could benefit from having a dunny in them. 

Haruchai said:

...at least there's not a big picture window by the tub nor a big window just behind the headboard of the bed. I guess you could zero the opacity on the dunny and put another more "traditional" looking one in its place.  

I do like the touch of a few books in the bathroom to read when sitting on the throne. 

• Bendinggrass said:

Catherine3678ab said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

kyoto kid said:

Tip..... after the great collapse of civilization and with the help of E. Musk we all relocate to Mars, collecting this for the Martian fields will be a great start up company.

Get in on the ground floor.

Since every seer I've talked to cannot see anything but pixel dust where allegedly Mars is supposed to be, not planning to relocate there thank you. Quite happy to ship off anybody - can we suggest folk? - that wants to go though. The New Earth appears to be already grassed, has houses and "everything" so that's my planet of choice :-) 

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

Sevrin said:

Roman_K2 said:

Or how about one that's heated?  This one needs a few tweaks to the temperature controls.  For the moment it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

So... I took a vacation to Japan a few years ago, and all I can say is... Don't press the buttons on the toilet until you know how to turn it off first.  YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

(Red doesn't always been stop... )

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

In some cases... perhaps its a warning?

https://www.daz3d.com/abandoned-toilet

Perhaps its a warning?

Yikes! The restroom from hell!!  I suggest Sloshwerks' gum ball machine ought to go in the corner.

Hey wait a minute... Sloshwerks still has the ice cream parlor and hair salon, in the store, but the accessories are no longer there?!

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,265

Right, made a couple of morphs for the toilet in the set "American Family Dining" ... one to move the toilet to the floor, the other to close the lid.

Forum Post

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Has anyone mentioned this bad boy yet? https://sharecg.com/v/97809/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Toilet-Wall-Mount-Piotr-V1

I think it might be inspired by this thread. 

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

Roman_K2 said:

Yikes! The restroom from hell!!  I suggest Sloshwerks' gum ball machine ought to go in the corner.

Hey wait a minute... Sloshwerks still has the ice cream parlor and hair salon, in the store, but the accessories are no longer there?!

https://www.daz3d.com/the-werks-mega-prop-pack

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

any bidets ? or the legendary japanese toilet?

• DripDrip Posts: 1,185

Solution: just don't include any toilet at all.

Even better solution: don't make any entrance, so nobody could ever get in and feel the urge to use a toilet at all. (somehow, I always notice when an environment has no obvious entrance, or when a product consists of only one room which seems to be part of a normal modern house, like a bedroom or diningroom, but has windows on more than 2 sides)

• Matt_BrownMatt_Brown Posts: 176

WendyLuvsCatz said:

often public ones such as schools had black bakelite seats and vegemite was smeared on some

At my school we just used to use black shoe polish!

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126

Drip said:

Solution: just don't include any toilet at all.

Even better solution: don't make any entrance, so nobody could ever get in and feel the urge to use a toilet at all. (somehow, I always notice when an environment has no obvious entrance, or when a product consists of only one room which seems to be part of a normal modern house, like a bedroom or diningroom, but has windows on more than 2 sides)

Wonderful. sad A doorless bedroom/bathroom combination with an exterior sitting area. And no cooking area or food prep area.

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 886
    edited June 2022

Could be worse. Majority of starship crews in Dazverse would gladly kill for ANY toilets. cheeky

AFAIK this might be the only spacer-friendly kit with basic living amenities. Minus showers. 

https://www.daz3d.com/modular-scifi-interiors-kit

Post edited by PixelSploiting on