And yet another toilet without a seat???

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...in high school, locker rooms were sort of the same and at that age, the humiliation was worse. 

• I remember the mean girls looking at the label on my AAA bra and laughing 

I was a late developer 

DD's eventually grew but I was long gone from high school

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,939

I remember the mean girls looking at the label on my AAA bra and laughing 

I was a late developer 

At least the good thing about being a late developer is that the first to brag is usually the first to sag.  

• Cybersox said:

I remember the mean girls looking at the label on my AAA bra and laughing 

I was a late developer 

At least the good thing about being a late developer is that the first to brag is usually the first to sag.  

they are pretty saggy now at 57

I am actually jealous of the flat chested ladies my rotator cuff joints are too

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,129

well, are there the 3 sea shells?

_yeah,  good one +

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    Cybersox said:

Okay, and so tesla's release latest introduces a new question - do Swedes not use toilet paper?  That would seem to be the general gist of https://www.daz3d.com/swedish-apartment   Or... is that white block next to the tilet NOT a flushing mechanism and instead a button to summon your bathroom butler/maid/attendent to bring you a fresh roll?   

As a native of Sweden I can confirm that we do use toilet paper. We also have seats on our toilets. I've no idea what is supposedly so Swedish about this particular apartment.

As for seatless toilets, the only one I can remember I've ever encountered was one (if memory serves me right) in a restaurant in Novosibirsk, Siberia, Russia some 15 years ago.

Cybersox said:

I wish I could find it, but I remember that the late cartoonist Howard Cruise did a hilarious one-off in Starlog many years ago in which Luke Skywalker finds himself inside in the barthroom at the Mos Eisley Cantina, surrounded by all the extemely bizarre bathroom fixtures required for the various aliens and clearly unable to figure out how to use any of them.  

I remember reading that! A funny fact though, is that George Lucas confirmed in an interview that there are no toilets in the Star Wars universe. At least not in his version. Don't know what Disney has done.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    isidorn said:
    Cybersox said:

A funny fact though, is that George Lucas confirmed in an interview that there are no toilets in the Star Wars universe. At least not in his version. Don't know what Disney has done.

According to JK Rowling, Hogwarts didn't have toilets for the first few centuries either. She said the students would just do their business in a private corner, and magically vanish the mess. But how do the Star Wars universe get rid of their excrement? Most of them don't have any magical powers. 

TigerAnne said:
    isidorn said:
    Cybersox said:

A funny fact though, is that George Lucas confirmed in an interview that there are no toilets in the Star Wars universe. At least not in his version. Don't know what Disney has done.

According to JK Rowling, Hogwarts didn't have toilets for the first few centuries either. She said the students would just do their business in a private corner, and magically vanish the mess. But how do the Star Wars universe get rid of their excrement? Most of them don't have any magical powers. 

The top lifts off R2-D2. 

edited December 2019
    Cybersox said:
    TigerAnne said:
    isidorn said:
    Cybersox said:

The top lifts off R2-D2. 

...just make sure that R2 unit doesn't have a bad motivator wink

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:
    Cybersox said:
    TigerAnne said:
    isidorn said:
    Cybersox said:

The top lifts off R2-D2. 

...just make sure that R2 unit doesn't have a bad motivator wink

Well, it does explain why no one is surprised when droids run away.  And what was stuck that Luke had to remove when he found the Princess' message.  And exactly what kind of "human-Cyborg" relations C3P0 does - washroom attendent, holds toilet paper, and most importantly, cleans the seat, hence the Pee Zero in his name.   

• Me thinks this Swedish stuff is actually an Ikea showroom set.

Me thinks this Swedish stuff is actually an Ikea showroom set.

Could be... but then wouldn't everything would be covered by white tags with lots of umlauts in the text? ;)

• Cybersox said:
    TigerAnne said:
    But how do the Star Wars universe get rid of their excrement? Most of them don't have any magical powers.

The top lifts off R2-D2. 

I think you just found out why R2's whistlebeepraspberry noises sometimes sound like non-stop swearing...

...yes

• I called Mum's Vax R2D2

• I know this no seat thing has been a big problem for lots of people so I found a toilet that actually does have a seat. Plus it is free. Tere is also a bidet. Please do not confuse them as your wives and daughters will be very upset.

https://3dsky.org/3dmodels/show/classic_wc_and_bidet

toilet WITH SEAT.jpeg
    640 x 640 - 225K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056

gawd first house I bought had one of those high up pull cisterns

and it dripped

on me while on the loo

edited January 2020

and it dripped

on me while on the loo

Tanks for the memories... ;)  Most of the ones I've seen like that in real life had a metal tank rather than ceramic, and knowing how much a piece of porcelien that big would weigh, especially when full of water, I'm not sure how relaxed I'd feel about having something like that hanging above me. Metal just SEEMS safer.

Then again, a guy I met years ago had been traveling extensively in the former-Soviet Union countires and among the many things that he'd taken to taking pictures of were the unusual plumbing facilities, many of which were quite.... creative in how they used existing materials to get the job done.  A lot of those were even scarier... look up the term Earth closet sometime and combine it with this.... 

Post edited by Cybersox on

I know this no seat thing has been a big problem for lots of people so I found a toilet that actually does have a seat. Plus it is free. Tere is also a bidet. Please do not confuse them as your wives and daughters will be very upset.

Thanks!  The gold commode is especially impressive. :) 

edited January 2020
    Cybersox said:

and it dripped

on me while on the loo

Tanks for the memories... ;)  Most of the ones I've seen like that in real life had a metal tank rather than ceramic, and knowing how much a piece of porcelien that big would weigh, especially when full of water, I'm not sure how relaxed I'd feel about having something like that hanging above me. Metal just SEEMS safer.

Then again, a guy I met years ago had been traveling extensively in the former-Soviet Union countires and among the many things that he'd taken to taking pictures of were the unusual plumbing facilities, many of which were quite.... creative in how they used existing materials to get the job done.  A lot of those were even scarier... look up the term Earth closet sometime and combine it with this.... 

was plastic and a Caroma, I didn't know they made those cisterns!

I replaced it with a normal height one

weird bit of TMI, My Mum who lived across the road always used my toilet when she came over because she said she didn't have to clean it surprise

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited January 2020

I know this no seat thing has been a big problem for lots of people so I found a toilet that actually does have a seat. Plus it is free. Tere is also a bidet. Please do not confuse them as your wives and daughters will be very upset.

...love it, but wish there was also a textured .obj version.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited January 2020
    Cybersox said:

and it dripped

on me while on the loo

was plastic and a Caroma, I didn't know they made those cisterns!

I replaced it with a normal height one

weird bit of TMI, My Mum who lived across the road always used my toilet when she came over because she said she didn't have to clean it surprise

As a recent divorcee suddenly faced with maintaining a house with four toilets, two showers, a bath and two cat boxes, I can completely and totally empathize with that.  Then I discovered the wonders of hiring a part time housekeeper.     

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

heard the sharmin ad jingle  lol

• Quick question:

On a scale of 'Everything and the kitchen sink' down to 'There's no toilet seat', where would you rank a beer fridge (as seen in a pub/bar) that didn't have anywhere obvious to control the temperature? (It's designed to be up against a wall so you wouldn't see the back of it, but some people like to have the option) - would your answer change if it were a standalone item versus part of a large pub/bar environment? (asking for a friend me).

edited January 2020

is there a wheel inside like my fridge?

many of those display fridges have removable panels that are locked so only staff can adjust it

think supermarkets or at a pizza takeaway etc

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,699
    edited January 2020

is there a wheel inside like my fridge?

many of those display fridges have removable panels that are locked so only staff can adjust it

think supermarkets or at a pizza takeaway etc

No wheel (I considered adding one) - but I like the removable panel idea - I could fake that with a normal map addition ... but I do so love to have things that open, even though it makes my job harder lol. Might just go with the wheel as a prop addon, or a little prop on the back...

...though worse might be that it doesn't plug in anywhere - might have to model that too...

Post edited by Silent Winter on
    XpiderMan said:

I think you won't need a seat for this toilet...

https://www.awesomeinventions.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/toilet-fail.jpg

Hmm.  I think you've found where DAZ got the people who've been designing their marketing promotions... ..