And yet another toilet without a seat???

Comments

• jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 482
    AllenArt said:

I can imagine getting up in the middle of the night, 3/4 asleep and...

falling in.

Laurie

Imagine 100 years ago (or not quite so long ago in some areas of the US still) in the middle of a cold snowy winter's night and having to wander half-naked through the house, out the back door, perhaps having to shovel a 40 foot path of 2 foot deep snow to get to an unheated little, unlighted, drafty wooden building with a wooden bench sporting a hole opening to a foul smelling pile of a mixture of fresh and years old poop and piss deep in the ground, and then falling in.frown 

Or the alternative of doing your business in the comfort of your own bedroom by using a Chamber Pot pulled from under the bed.  But they were often made of porcelain, were heavy and accidents could happen with them too. All disgustingly messy.sad  And in the morning someone had to carry all the individual Chamber Pots down through the house, out the back door, perhaps having to shovel a 40 foot path of 2 foot deep snow to get to an unheated little, drafty wooden building with a wooden bench sporting a hole opening to a foul smelling pile of a mixture of fresh and years old poop and piss and empty the pot into the deep hole in the ground without spilling onto the seat (or at least not telling anybody you did).devil 

I remember outhouses.  And having to use them a few times.  'Though not fondly.indecision

100 years?!  Heck, As a Boy Scout in the late 80s-early 90s, we had to do our business in an unheated outhouse when we'd camp during New England winters!

• Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

The simple solution is to not purchase it if it doesn't meet your needs/requirements.

I wouldn't and won't... however, as I stated this is not a one time thing and it seems to be becoming more common. I'd rather the artiwsts know why I'm not buying something rather than let it continue.  

Cybersox said:

I can't speak of what was going through the artist's mind when they were making the product, but I can only assume that, like many other products sold here, they expected the buyer to add some of their own elements.

Not including shoes with an outfit is one thing, not including the seat and lid on a toilet is another, especially when no one else sells said missing part.  Or do you seriously want to encourage the sale of cars with no wheels or seats next?      

We could raise the very same argument about whether or not characters should include anatomical elements or whether structures with doors/windows should open & close. The artists are going to do what they want to do and/or what they're capable of doing when it comes to making a product because its what they want to sell. No amount of kicking & screaming is going to change that. I completely agree with you that some things, such as the toilet seat/lid should be no-brainers, but if PAs want to make products like that & try to sell it, that's their decision. Obviously there's enough individuals buying stuff like this and/or its the way the PA prefers to make it regardless of how good it sells.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 2019

It is a PETA standard. Toilet seats make it more difficult for dogs to get a drink of water. PETA will lead a world wide boycott of DAZ if it promotes cruelty to animals.

(THIS MESSAGE WAS APPROVED BY THE UNIFIED FEDERATION OF COCKERSPANIELS).

Okay, for a moment I was wondering what you were drinking.  And THEN I got your humor and I realized you had just poned me.  Either that or I poned myself.  Either way, damn; nicely done!

TheKD said:

Celophane prank morph :P

Only if there's a bundle with revenge pranks + morphs.  I'm thinking giant mallets, bear traps, huge pendulum blades, you know stuff like that!  devil

DaremoK3 said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the most glaring inaccuracy of this "Classic" bathroom offering - the ultra-modern frameless/seamless all glass corner box shower with floor pan  --  I didn't realize "classic" hearkened all the way back to 2012.

Well, they've been making glass shower enclosures for decades, actually.  Unless I'm not grokking your point.

DaremoK3 said:

That toilet without a seat is hilarious - I can hear a bunch of digital female dolls complaining to their male counterparts, not only did they forget to put the seat back down, but they forgot to even install it...

This made me laugh.  I can just imagine Barbie and all her friends (also named "Barbie", of course) whining in unison... surpriselaugh

Okay, I never got a complaint from girlfriends or female family members about leaving the seat up.  Of course, I am fairly good about putting it down when done, but not everybody is. 

When visiting family, our rule when using a communal toilet has always been, "Check it yourself and clean it when you're done".  No pee or poo should be visible to the next person.  Not in the bowl, on the seat, the floor, the walls, or the ceiling, dammit!

kyoto kid said:
    Fishtales said:

I remember a Snooker/Billiard hall here at home in Scotland and the toilet was a hole in the floor with two markers for where to put your feet, and there was no ladies toilet :)  It was open plan and the urinal was sheets of stainless steel on one wall going down to a gutter/channel in the floor and down a drain. You had to flush it yourself, a chain hanging form the cistern, which going by the smell many didn't :) That was in the early '60's.

...there was an old dive pub that was near where I used to work that had a long steel trough in the men's loo that serves as the urinal.

Responding to both comments above...I've seen some primitive urinal and toilet facilities, but mostly those were in the 60s and 70s.  Steel sheets and troughs have pretty much gone the way of the dodo.

And in this day, I don't think troughs are a thing anymore; not in great numbers anyway.  But yeah, they used to have them at sports and concert facilities, probably up to about the mid-80s.

kyoto kid said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

https://www.daz3d.com/ts-classic-bathroom-03

Again?  Seriously?  I've traveled all over the world and i've never seen a western style toilet that didn't have a lift-up seat... no lid often, but never no seat in any place that has indoor plumbing.  

I have, juvie detention centers and most likely prisons and jails...

I'd researched that when someone mentioned seeing them in a public park in Austrailia....but the toilets that are designed for prison use are a.) made of metal a ceramic toilets are easily shatterd and a broken chunk of ceramic would make for a deady imporvised weapon, and b.) have much wider rims, usually with a contour, so the "seat" is effectively built in. On the other hand, the one in the product the started off this thread actually has a thinner than normal rim.  

"Confinement Cell" has a toilet with a lid that actually goes up and down. I also hate scenes where PA's have windows with blinds that don't close. Then you are stuck having to find and bring in a backdrop when you could have just closed the FREAKING BLINDS ! I mean who does that ?

...the ones that get me are the bathrooms with a big window in the wall that the tub is next to.  

That doesn't just happen in DAZ scenes/products.  I've seen actual bathrooms made that way in real houses!

Cybersox said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Fishtales said:

I remember a Snooker/Billiard hall here at home in Scotland and the toilet was a hole in the floor with two markers for where to put your feet, and there was no ladies toilet :)  It was open plan and the urinal was sheets of stainless steel on one wall going down to a gutter/channel in the floor and down a drain. You had to flush it yourself, a chain hanging form the cistern, which going by the smell many didn't :) That was in the early '60's.

...there was an old dive pub that was near where I used to work that had a long steel trough in the men's loo that serves as the urinal.

One of the most off-putting toilet encounters that I can remember was a dive bar in Tokyo, which was run by a Marine who'd gone native and had decorated the place like the early 70's.  The bathroom was still the old squat kind, but he'd covered the entire room with white fake fur.  Needless to say, you had to be really, really carefu as it would be immediately obvious if you'd "missed"l...

If you're talking urine, which is what you'd mostly expect to encounter in bars, then it wouldn't appear as yellow.  Beer pee is mostly clear.  Okay, now I know what your next question is:  How would I know that?  I had roommates.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Cybersox said:

Japan is also where I had my single weirdest public toliet experience, as there was an insane themed nightclub in Shinjuku that was done entirely with a Russian Salt MIne Prison theme... it really looked like you were in a underground cavern, they had the voices and screams of of prisoners wafting over the sound system and the whole thing was on shaker platforms, so that when the "train" came through every half hour or so, the entire place woulf rock and fill with steam.  If you think you know where this is going, however, think again, as that's what I thought when some of the guys who'd taken us there encouraged me to use the bathroom.  Instead of some torture chamber, the men's room had been designed by Katsuhiro Otomo, the creator of Akira, and the urinal was a giant statue of a multi-armed Shiva Goddess holding a giant urn and...I am seriously not making this up... it actually started to dance as soon as you started to use it and you had to keep swaying from side to side to keep up. Unfortunately, our party was all guys so what went on in the women's room will most likely remain a mystery.   

...umm, I'm speechless.

Yeah, I've got nothing.  You win!

jjmainor said:
    AllenArt said:

I can imagine getting up in the middle of the night, 3/4 asleep and...

falling in.

Laurie

Imagine 100 years ago (or not quite so long ago in some areas of the US still) in the middle of a cold snowy winter's night and having to wander half-naked through the house, out the back door, perhaps having to shovel a 40 foot path of 2 foot deep snow to get to an unheated little, unlighted, drafty wooden building with a wooden bench sporting a hole opening to a foul smelling pile of a mixture of fresh and years old poop and piss deep in the ground, and then falling in.frown 

Or the alternative of doing your business in the comfort of your own bedroom by using a Chamber Pot pulled from under the bed.  But they were often made of porcelain, were heavy and accidents could happen with them too. All disgustingly messy.sad  And in the morning someone had to carry all the individual Chamber Pots down through the house, out the back door, perhaps having to shovel a 40 foot path of 2 foot deep snow to get to an unheated little, drafty wooden building with a wooden bench sporting a hole opening to a foul smelling pile of a mixture of fresh and years old poop and piss and empty the pot into the deep hole in the ground without spilling onto the seat (or at least not telling anybody you did).devil 

I remember outhouses.  And having to use them a few times.  'Though not fondly.indecision

100 years?!  Heck, As a Boy Scout in the late 80s-early 90s, we had to do our business in an unheated outhouse when we'd camp during New England winters!

That was also true for Boy Scouts throughout Michigan and Ohio in the 1970's. 

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    Cybersox said:

Again?  Seriously?  I've traveled all over the world and i've never seen a western style toilet that didn't have a lift-up seat... no lid often, but never no seat in any place that has indoor plumbing.  And yet, over the last few years there have been literally dozens of bathroom sets sold at DAZ with toilets that lack that simple basic part.  What in the heck?  Is there some kind of weird censorship going on behind the scenes?  Do these artists all live in areas where they only have the asian styled trench or squat toiltets and think that the western toilet is just some odd piece of impressionist art?  And, most puzzling of all, why doesn't DAZ quaality control ever catch this?           

If you sit a character on the toilet no one will ever know better. That's what I plan to do. Some read while going to the bathroom, my character will write a letter/note on toilet paper while s/he squats. ;)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056
    edited December 2019

Z on phone on loo poses

dforce ankle panty prop

cat sitting in ankle pants poses

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • otherunicornotherunicorn Posts: 374
    edited March 2020
    Cybersox said:

Not including shoes with an outfit is one thing, not including the seat and lid on a toilet is another, especially when no one else sells said missing part.  Or do you seriously want to encourage the sale of cars with no wheels or seats next?      

I really did buy a car like that once - I though I was buying the whole thing, and then it was "Oh, the battery is an extra $100, and the radio is an extra 50." I told him to keep the radio. Two weeks later the guy wanted to buy it all back from me, so I let him.

As for models, I am so tired of artists who think "this is good enough" especially with technical stuff. Often car engines, steam engines etc. are so poorly done they are laughable. Seriously, do that bit of extra research. Put in that bit of extra effort.

Post edited by otherunicorn on
  • Oddly enough, when traveling in Italy and Greece I found that many restaurants and other public toilets had no toilet seat. This wasn't everywhere but it was common place. I don't know the reason. But I speculate and it might have had something to do with keeping patrons from monopolizing in the bathroom for any length of time. Generally the bathrooms were extremely small in restaurants barely enough to fit a toilet and a small sink. I found it very strange but adapted after a while. So who knows...?
  • I FOUND the toilet seat!!!! https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-junk

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948
    edited December 2019

...spot on.  May need a thorough scrubbing though.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ButchButch Posts: 798

A picture says a thousand words

toilet humour.jpg
    490 x 525 - 168K
  • Butch said:

I am lost for words surprise

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

And tubs without shower curtains...........

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    Butch said:

That's actually a good idea. Add a box of good trash bags and a bag of kitty litter and you're good for a while.
    I had something like that in my truck for when I had to park away from facilities.
    Sometimes truckstop food gives little warning.

• Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

The simple solution is to not purchase it if it doesn't meet your needs/requirements.

I wouldn't and won't... however, as I stated this is not a one time thing and it seems to be becoming more common. I'd rather the artiwsts know why I'm not buying something rather than let it continue.  

Cybersox said:

I can't speak of what was going through the artist's mind when they were making the product, but I can only assume that, like many other products sold here, they expected the buyer to add some of their own elements.

We could raise the very same argument about whether or not characters should include anatomical elements or whether structures with doors/windows should open & close. The artists are going to do what they want to do and/or what they're capable of doing when it comes to making a product because its what they want to sell. No amount of kicking & screaming is going to change that. I completely agree with you that some things, such as the toilet seat/lid should be no-brainers, but if PAs want to make products like that & try to sell it, that's their decision. Obviously there's enough individuals buying stuff like this and/or its the way the PA prefers to make it regardless of how good it sells.

A lot of times you purchase things not realizing what is missing. Sometimes the fact blinds open or close are not in the description, sometimes it is that it will open but an articst is not going to tell you if it won't. When you look for buying a bathroom you won't always notice if the toilet has a lid or not. - AND DAZ DOES NOT ALLOW US TO POST REVIEWS ON PRODUCTS LIKE AMAZON DOES - WHY NOT ?

I remember the castle in Europe wher the toilet was in a small room that hung over the moat.
    Good thing there weren't cell phones back then, or the internet would be inundated with photos
    of royal tushies in a frame.
    Must have been fun in the winter. Talk about freezing your wits off.

edited December 2019

Speaking of Europe, when I was in Germany....
    I was showing a new young GI the sights, and we stopped to eat.
    She left, and returned a moment later to ask me how to tell the restrooms apart.
    "That's easy, 'Damen' means 'the men',and 'Herren' means 'Hers'"
    Good thing she needed me for the ride back to base.

(Damen=Ladies, Herren=Gentlemen)

Post edited by Petercat on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

I really don't think toilet seats are culture/nation specific.

But they are.. that seat like toilet isn't used everywhere in the world. Like #Fishtales stated above, there's also the "hole in the ground with markers for the feet (and handles left and right on the wall if you're lucky)" variant, that can be seen in some (usually more rural) parts of the mediterranean countries and even Japan as far as I know...

I encountered one in the National Museum for History in Cagliari, the capital of Sardinia.

And the "metal sheet on the wall leading to a channel and gutter in the floor" variant was very common in public toilets and bars here in Germany right up to the 80's or so.. at least in the males' toilets ^^

• Cybersox said:

Again?  Seriously?  I've traveled all over the world and i've never seen a western style toilet that didn't have a lift-up seat... no lid often, but never no seat in any place that has indoor plumbing.  And yet, over the last few years there have been literally dozens of bathroom sets sold at DAZ with toilets that lack that simple basic part.  What in the heck?  Is there some kind of weird censorship going on behind the scenes?  Do these artists all live in areas where they only have the asian styled trench or squat toiltets and think that the western toilet is just some odd piece of impressionist art?  And, most puzzling of all, why doesn't DAZ quaality control ever catch this?           

In the Ukraine I went to a friend's for dinner at a communal appartment, they all shared the bathroom and kitchen and then had their own rooms. The bathroom had 5 seats hanging on the wall with a number for the different apartments, and you had to take it down and carefully sit on it. So it is possible although improbable that this bathroom should be without a seat.
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    Cybersox said:

I really did buy a car like that once - I though I was buing the whole thing, and then it was "Oh, the battery is an extra $100, and the radio is an extra 50." I told him to keep the radio. Two weeks later the guy wanted to buy it all back from me, so I let him.

As for models, I am so tired of artists who think "this is good enough" especially with technical stuff. Often car engines, steam engines etc. are so poorly done they are laughable. Seriously, do that bit of extra research. Put in that bit of extra effort.

And don't let me get started on vehicles that cannot turn because the front wheels will hit the frame - there are several wagons in he store like this.

• Now I see it. the first tub can be excused for not being plumbed. I was obviosly just taken out of the box from lowes and hasn't been installed yet. In facxt, that may be the whole problem. someone call lowes and ask if they have the toilet seats.

I FOUND the toilet seat!!!! https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-junk

...and it's in Fastgrab today as well.

Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

Cybersox said:

A lot of times you purchase things not realizing what is missing. Sometimes the fact blinds open or close are not in the description, sometimes it is that it will open but an articst is not going to tell you if it won't. When you look for buying a bathroom you won't always notice if the toilet has a lid or not. - AND DAZ DOES NOT ALLOW US TO POST REVIEWS ON PRODUCTS LIKE AMAZON DOES - WHY NOT ?

...I believe enve Rendo lets people post reviews or at least comments.

Petercat said:

I remember the castle in Europe wher the toilet was in a small room that hung over the moat.
    Good thing there weren't cell phones back then, or the internet would be inundated with photos
    of royal tushies in a frame.
    Must have been fun in the winter. Talk about freezing your wits off.

...or the moats might be filled with smartphones when they fell out of the pockets.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,375
    edited December 2019

How ironic is it that even THIS set has a toilet seat? <LOL>

05-everyday-junk-daz3d[1].jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 226K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,881

Gogger said:

And yet another toilet seat without a toilet. What are they thinking?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,939
    Taoz said:

Gogger said:

The whole world's gone into the crapper.

• Dangit!  Guess I'm gonna haffta go behind the bushes again.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,375
    Taoz said:

Gogger said:

I dunno, I think that toilet seat would sit nicely over that garbage can and make a fine Redneck Commode!
    ​(Aw man, I may have just challenged myself to render a proof of concept. "Challenge Accepted!")

• Gogger said:
    Taoz said:

Gogger said:

I dunno, I think that toilet seat would sit nicely over that garbage can and make a fine Redneck Commode!
    ​(Aw man, I may have just challenged myself to render a proof of concept. "Challenge Accepted!")

Or you could just use the tyre...

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Taoz said:

Gogger said:

rofl  lol 

doh   coffee on my keyboard