[Released] ManFriday's Mesh Grabber [Commercial]

Comments

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    Drip said:

For those interested: I just noticed an update to Mesh Grabber in my DIM.

I guess you'd see it anyway once you buy something new from the store, but just in case that doesn't happen for a while, you may want to just run DIM for the update now.

Good that you say it, I would not really much start Dim ever^^... just to install Daz.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Thank you Drip, I've had Dim open since reading this thread waiting :) hadn't seen it come in yet but I've been busy. It's there now :)

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Im not getting the rotation handles?  Both Mesh Grabber and the Addon are showing in plugins and are green?  I did uninstall Mesh Grabber and reinstalled just in case that was the problem and its still not working.

plugins.jpg
    611 x 544 - 108K
    mg.jpg
    611 x 544 - 104K
    edited March 2020
    Daventaki said:

Im not getting the rotation handles?  Both Mesh Grabber and the Addon are showing in plugins and are green?  I did uninstall Mesh Grabber and reinstalled just in case that was the problem and its still not working.

The rotation was just a beta, its a addon for more of your cash in a feature product ;)

its not a free bonus for the actual Mesh grabber :p

Edit: Just saw your first screenshot, I assume you have the beta plugin, so far I know is the rota tool not out now?

"

1. The new DLL is time-bombed and will stop working four weeks from today to make sure I don't get bug reports for it two years from now. The Tool Settings dialog will have a heading with the version number and a "TEST" marker. When the DLL stops working, please copy back your backup, or reinstall the product via DIM.
    2. This is beta code. It hasn't gone through Daz testing.

"

Look at your tool settings, if it say TEST ;)

Post edited by Loony on
    MrDarck said:

The rotation was just a beta, its a addon for more of your cash in a feature product ;)

its not a free bonus for the actual Mesh grabber :p

Edit: Just saw your first screenshot, I assume you have the beta plugin, so far I know is the rota tool not out now?

"

1. The new DLL is time-bombed and will stop working four weeks from today to make sure I don't get bug reports for it two years from now. The Tool Settings dialog will have a heading with the version number and a "TEST" marker. When the DLL stops working, please copy back your backup, or reinstall the product via DIM.
    2. This is beta code. It hasn't gone through Daz testing.

"

Look at your tool settings, if it say TEST ;)

I knew that.... I just forgot at the moment I guess seeing it in the plugins threw me off LOL.  But no tool settings are all back to normal doesn't say test anywhere but the meshrot.dll is still in my plugins folder. 

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,041

I installed the update.

Meshgrabber has still a crazy offset for some props.

• Not sure what update did, but mesh grabber is now missing even after trying to reinstall.

I went back and put the original dll back where it goes since the betas have expired.  I don't know what files the update fixed but it did not add a new dll, least mine didn't.

Not sure what update did, but mesh grabber is now missing even after trying to reinstall.

Make sure you dont have the old beta .dll's in your plugin folder, that can cause a problem.

or just delete  all dll's and use the DIM to reinstall it again.

• For whatever reason the installer didnt put the dll in the plugin folder so after an hour or so of fumbling around I managed to fiigure things out.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    Drip said:

For those interested: I just noticed an update to Mesh Grabber in my DIM.

I guess you'd see it anyway once you buy something new from the store, but just in case that doesn't happen for a while, you may want to just run DIM for the update now.

Yeah, it holds all of the beta fixes! Great job ManFriday!

• johranshadijohranshadi Posts: 134

Where can we see the fixes log? I can't see any difference 

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560

I saw the update in my own DIM as well this morning. There is a report at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/392376/what-happened-to-mesh-grabber that the installer doesn't seem to be installing the update correctly, and it looks like it's not installing here correctly either. I will notify Daz.

If anyone else encounters these problems: You can open the ZIP file downloaded by DIM, find the MF_meshgrab.dll file in it and put it into your C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins directory (and other directories if you have multiple versions of Daz Studio installed). The updated PDF documentation is also in the ZIP, you can put that into C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\Mesh Grabber (and accordingly for other versions).

Sorry about the hassle!

Where can we see the fixes log? I can't see any difference 

I'm attaching the updated PDF documentation for Mesh Grabber 2.0, which is the free update. The changelog begins on page 9. The documentation also contains references to the Rotations Add-On, which will be in a separate product that should be in the store soon.

pdf
    pdf
    Mesh Grabber Manual.pdf
    1M

"soon" is a big word (special for Gaming companys) how soon is it? :D I want that rota tool :P

• johranshadijohranshadi Posts: 134

Sounds amazing. Can't wait for the new features. Thanks! 

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited March 2020

So I updated Mesh grabber but now it's not in my tools menu and I now have some ManFriday bookmarks thing?

*edit*

Saw and followed ManFriday's instructions and I have it in my tools again :) thank you!

Post edited by kaotkbliss on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Saw the future add on page from the PDF.  YES to the brush style push and pull and YES to the smoothing tool brush! 

RAMWolff said:

Saw the future add on page from the PDF.  YES to the brush style push and pull and YES to the smoothing tool brush! 

Absolute!

See my attachment, because dforrce didnt worked, I used mashgrabber to take down that underpants, but... its really not smooth :(

Thanks Bonus Scene 1 - Kopie.jpg
    384 x 323 - 26K
  • ManFriday said:

I saw the update in my own DIM as well this morning. There is a report at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/392376/what-happened-to-mesh-grabber that the installer doesn't seem to be installing the update correctly, and it looks like it's not installing here correctly either. I will notify Daz.

If anyone else encounters these problems: You can open the ZIP file downloaded by DIM, find the MF_meshgrab.dll file in it and put it into your C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins directory (and other directories if you have multiple versions of Daz Studio installed). The updated PDF documentation is also in the ZIP, you can put that into C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\Mesh Grabber (and accordingly for other versions).

Sorry about the hassle!

I don't use DIM, I manually install everything, is the update in our product library too?

• CinusCinus Posts: 118
    edited March 2020
    ManFriday said:

Sorry about the hassle!

Installing the update via DIM did not work for me either. There is no MeshGrabber zip file in my Install Manager downloads folder after the install. I tried using the "Manual Download" option in my Product Library and it downloads an executable. Running the executable did not install the latest version. The executable ran, but does not seem to have done anything.

The dll was not placed anywhere in "MY DAZ 3D Library" (as happened for some of the other users). 

At least the old version was not uninstalled. I just can't get the new version to install.

Post edited by Cinus on
  • smee440smee440 Posts: 2

Mesh Grabber showed up in the Product Updates list in DIM this morning so I downloaded/installed it but it installed the 1.0 version overwriting the previous update. Any idea how I get the update back?

I tried unistalling, deleting the package in DIM and re-downloading but it is still getting v1.0.

smee440 said:

Mesh Grabber showed up in the Product Updates list in DIM this morning so I downloaded/installed it but it installed the 1.0 version overwriting the previous update. Any idea how I get the update back?

I tried unistalling, deleting the package in DIM and re-downloading but it is still getting v1.0.

Daz put the old version back into DIM until the issues are resolved. Should be a matter of days. 

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084

How are we doing with getting a MAC version of this out? Are we working on it? Do we need a mac developer/expert to port the Windowz version over to MAC? Anybody willing to do that? What is being done, or what is in the offing, to get this thing running on both platforms?

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,540

I had a problem last night trying to modify a mesh.  The Gizmo was way above the mesh I was trying to modify.  That made it nearly impossible to do what I wanted.  Anyone have any solutions?

tkdrobert said:

I had a problem last night trying to modify a mesh.  The Gizmo was way above the mesh I was trying to modify.  That made it nearly impossible to do what I wanted.  Anyone have any solutions?

rotate the camera, until the new patch is out, you dont have a big option, sometimes is the "controller" gizmo sadly complete crap... I hate it too ;(

it get fixed with the patch, but the patch is not complete done now.

MrDarck said:
    tkdrobert said:

rotate the camera, until the new patch is out, you dont have a big option, sometimes is the "controller" gizmo sadly complete crap... I hate it too ;(

it get fixed with the patch, but the patch is not complete done now.

I hope it gets fixed.  I was so clode to getting what I wanted, but quit out of frustration. 

Also,  I couldn't select any edges.  The other 2 worked.

make sure you rotate the camera around and find out where the heck that thing is :D sometimes its so crazy displaced you have to move it and assume what will happen :(

MrDarck said:

make sure you rotate the camera around and find out where the heck that thing is :D sometimes its so crazy displaced you have to move it and assume what will happen :(

I found it, but I couldn't see the gizmo and the part I was changing, at least not very well.

edited March 2020

yeah that is the most annoying part, in the beta could you hold CTRL and move the controller, that was very helpful also it didnt jumped away so much always.

In my last Spa massage scene, was the controller for the spa table outside of the house... i had to zoom pretty weird to see it and to use it :/

Post edited by Loony on