[Released] ManFriday's Mesh Grabber [Commercial]

Comments

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,976

Sorry for being repetitive, but it seems nobody saw my previous posts. sad

I somehow solved the too small gizmo, luckily, but it still gets crushed on itself when I zoom in to have a better view of the vertices, edges and smaller polygons, the Y axis bends down and it's impossible use it.
    And I have same problem as some other user, the Gizmo is completely off when selecting polygons on an imported mesh, like meters away form my selected polygons, impossible to handle it.

@ Kiwi-hawk: Hopefully those options will be added later with an expansion.

• Kiwi-HawkKiwi-Hawk Posts: 88
    edited January 2020

@Imago
    Thank you

Is the mported mesh is it one you made?, have you opened it in a 3D app eg: 3d Max Maya Blender at all?, it sounds to me like the orginal is off. it's possible that when it was exported

it was not at the center of the world 0.0.0 and the orgin/gizmo was

Fix download Blender (it'll run in a folder without installing IF you download the zip file) import you object move it to the correct plave and apply all transforms.

Best answer I have coming from an ole geezzer with little clue

Post edited by Kiwi-Hawk on

Yes, the mesh is made by me (a terrain) but it seems to happen to ANY kind of prop that isn't positioned on 0,0,0 coords or have a different size than its default.

• Kiwi-HawkKiwi-Hawk Posts: 88
    edited January 2020

General rule when exporting is make sure the transform are set and the export item is at the world center/orgin

Post edited by Kiwi-Hawk on
    Kiwi-Hawk said:

General rule when exporting is make sure the transform are set and the export item is at the world center/orgin

I know, but as I said it happens to any prop, even from the store. If it isn't on the precise center of the world, the gizmo is placed way away from the selected polygons. It seems to be pretty random, some times it works fine, but most of the times if the prop has a different size than 100% or is positioned in some place that isn't 0,0,0 the Gizmo is placed away. sad

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,330

I describe a workaround on the previous page.

NorthOf45 said:

I describe a workaround on the previous page.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Hope ManFriday can fix it soon.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

I tried the workaround NorthOf45 suggested, but when I set the centerpoint back to 0, the object itself moves far from where I have it in the scene.

Also, if both the Center Point and End Point are off, do you have to set them both to 0?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,330

Nothing should move if you change the center point. I would keep the endpoint in the same relative position to the center. If it was, say, 10 units above the center, keep it at 10 units above the new zero. Note the initial position of the center point and subtract that from the endpoint.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

I just bought this it is amazing! Really cool tool to add some dynamic effects to the meshes.

Thanks a lot ManFriday!

Also :
    +1 for masking tool so it only can disable the effect on some surfaces..

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,817
    barbult said:

Is there a way to limit the polygon selection to a specific SURFACE so I can move that surface away from the other surfaces of the same object? I suspect not, but thought somebody might have a suggestion. In this dress, the red laces, striped bodice, black side panels, etc. are all separate surfaces of the same object. I can't figure out how to use Mesh Grabber to separate these surfaces from each other to ficx the poke through. Is it possible? 

I'm too tierd to do screenshotz, but I think if in the Geomerry editor you selrct your desired surface under "Group name', then right click on your target item in the viewport then chose "Geometry Selection"/"Select by"/Surfaces"/"Your desired surface", then swapfrom the Geometry editor tool to the MeshGrabber tool, you will be able to do what you want to do.

Good luck anyway.

Regardz,

Dave

Or, in cases like this, you can do it without playing with geometry at all.  Instead, just pull up the texture of the surface you have popping through, then take it into Photoshop or the image editor of your choice and create a new opacity map and paint out the portions of the image that are poking though in black.  Take that new opacity map back into your textures in DS and those parts become invisible, so even though they poke through, you can't see them. 

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    barbult said:

Is there a way to limit the polygon selection to a specific SURFACE so I can move that surface away from the other surfaces of the same object? I suspect not, but thought somebody might have a suggestion. In this dress, the red laces, striped bodice, black side panels, etc. are all separate surfaces of the same object. I can't figure out how to use Mesh Grabber to separate these surfaces from each other to ficx the poke through. Is it possible? 

I'm too tierd to do screenshotz, but I think if in the Geomerry editor you selrct your desired surface under "Group name', then right click on your target item in the viewport then chose "Geometry Selection"/"Select by"/Surfaces"/"Your desired surface", then swapfrom the Geometry editor tool to the MeshGrabber tool, you will be able to do what you want to do.

Good luck anyway.

Regardz,

Dave

Thanks for the suggestion, Dave! Unfortunately, when I tried it out this didn't seem to work.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Does this works like the Dformer Magnets? Can I use it to Undress clothes? I use mainly the FitControllers but sometimes they wont work, like for undressing a Dungaree.

Did you mean dForce magnets? https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-magnet

Personally, I wouldn't use Mesh Grabber for undressing. I'd use dForce or some other sim where gravity can bunch the clothing down (or up), simulating how a person might actually remove it.

You *could* use Mesh Grabber, I just think it would be a lot more time consuming to achieve the detailed folds, such as seen in the attached photo.

RemovingPants.PNG
    484 x 275 - 154K
    Toonces said:

Did you mean dForce magnets? https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-magnet

Personally, I wouldn't use Mesh Grabber for undressing. I'd use dForce or some other sim where gravity can bunch the clothing down (or up), simulating how a person might actually remove it.

You *could* use Mesh Grabber, I just think it would be a lot more time consuming to achieve the detailed folds, such as seen in the attached photo.

Oh I just thought its youre Signature xD but its your attachment :D

Your pic looks awesome!.... I really have some dress/undress fetish hehe :D its statisfying for me :P

Right now I did not tested the Magnet... I started a video how it works but was then too busy to watch it complete^^....

I think the only reason for me for the mash grabber would be for morphing clothes... but if you say its not the right one for it...

What do you use? I did looked into hexagon but I have absolute no idea how it works -_-....

I use dForce and/or VWD, both of which are excellent cloth sims. They work great for morphs involving wrinkles (e.g., undressing) or gravity.

I use mesh grabber for broader morphs (e.g., fixing poke-thru, adding pillow/cushion indentations, etc.).

Note that attachment was just a photo I copied from google images to illustrate 'undressing'. It's not a render, but if I wanted to render something like it, I'd use one of the 2 cloth sims I mentioned.

oh... I thought it was in Iray rendered xD...

VWD do I not know, what is that?

That with the pillow sounds useful... i wasted one day ~30mins with dforce a ball and such a thing, to let a ball dropp on a pillow, the result was always the pillow got complete flat and not.. fluffy down... with the start of the simulation it did instand go flat... like it was filled with air.

Could I use the mash grabber to make a body impact visible? Like a hand holding a arm?

Or like you here see at the hands:

VWD is just a different sim (sold on Renderosity).

For the hand shake or a body impact, yes, I'd probably use mesh grabber (or d-formers). This is because you're broadly squeezing, pushing, or pulling the mesh. Another use for mesh grabber/dformers would be fitting hair inside a hat. In general if mesh grabber/dformer can accomplish something, I always use it first, since it's much faster than a sim like dForce/VWD.

edited January 2020

a different simulator? so... it can let clothes and other stuff dropp other?

Is it this: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vwd-cloth-and-hair/114645 ?

Edit: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vwd-cloth-and-hair---version-2/140730/ there is also a Version 2... I guess its better? but vers. 1 cost still 40$ hmmm...

It have sadly no video :( would I need to export/import my content every time? And how different is it to the Daz Simulation?

I tested one time the Dformer for pulling the belly back, because a leg was pushing it, but... it ended up always ugly :( and the Dformer is so complex with it 3 items -_-....

Is the mesh grabber better to handle? Under the original Youtube video get it a lot disccussion and never Answers from the creator :/ Some are unhappy with it, say you can't rotate the camera and other stuff...

Post edited by Loony on

Yup, that's VWD (version 2). VWD is nice if you want to sim a non-dForce compatible item, but there can be quite a learning curve. The import is quick and you can search youtube for 'vwd daz' for videos, but I recommend trying dForce first.

D-formers should be able to easily push a belly away from a leg, so perhaps make a post in tech forums if having difficulty.

Many folks like mesh grabber better than d-formers because it's faster to use (just select some vertices and move the grabber widget to move them along with nearby vertices). The selection process with d-Formers takes longer and can be more difficult when the figure isn't at origin. Mesh grabber has issues tho when the object's center point isn't 0,0 (i.e., the grabber gizmo isn't located right beside the object), but thankfully, the issue doesn't happen too often and usually for older content.

Hmm... learning sucks sometimes, but I learn all the time how Daz works :D and... what I did read on the VWD2 page sounds good too :)

I will think about getting it, I hope its not too hard to learn...

Dformers is really annoying complex :/ I managed it a bit, but the belly worked just ugly...

I will keep an eye on mesh grabber.

Thanks!

• junkjunk Posts: 1,270

THANK YOU ManFriday for making the Mesh Grabber!  One of my favorite tools/products for Daz Studio.  I try to tell everyone about it like in this image link:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/914471/

3rd comment down and sprinkled throughout the comments.

• junk said:

THANK YOU ManFriday for making the Mesh Grabber!  One of my favorite tools/products for Daz Studio.  I try to tell everyone about it like in this image link:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/914471/

3rd comment down and sprinkled throughout the comments.

Wow  -  Excellent render!

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560

Thank you junk for the kind words! Much appreciated, and I'm very happy you find the tool useful. That render is gorgeous!

I'm working on a fix for the offset problem but it'll be a moment until that hits the store since I would like to combine it with the first set of other updates. Thank you to everyone who bought the thing, and I could not be happier about its reception!

ManFriday

Woot! Glad to hear the offset problem is getting fixed!

• barbult said:

Good luck anyway.

Regardz,

Dave

Thanks for the suggestion, Dave! Unfortunately, when I tried it out this didn't seem to work.

This only works if  Polygons is the selection mode in the Geometry editor, not vertex or edge

• junkjunk Posts: 1,270
    ManFriday said:

Thank you junk for the kind words! Much appreciated, and I'm very happy you find the tool useful. That render is gorgeous!

ManFriday

Thank you for such an awesome, missing from DS product!

One last example I forgot I had even made a gallery post only about Mesh Grabber here.  You don't have to look but just wanted to show you that I and hopefully others are very excited about what you created.  
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/910666

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I'm all caught up on comments. Had a ton of RL stuff that limited my time around here. Anyway…

I just want to point out that when you dForce an object, it's point of origin doesn't change. That's not a big issue with clothing that is being worn, but when you are dForcing a blanket from "3 feet" above the target, for example, the blanket may look like it's lying on the bed, but it's origin is still 3 feet up. That's going to impact where the Mesh Grabber gizmo shows up in relation to the mesh. (That doesn't explain the stool from the Curious set, though.)

I'm looking forward to rotation being added. The first thing I tried with the grabber involved clothing not made for a centaur on Maxx Centaur and I couldn't get it to work. (Neither did dForms with weight maps, so don't feel too bad.) Other things I've tried it on were great. I'm so glad I bought this product.

• Mesh grabber is amazing. I wanted such a tool for *so* long. :D

Is there a way to see and reverse changes that were made this way? I just fixed a poke-through problem, but I can't see a way to easily revert the fix.

On another note I hope you will include rotating and resizing in the same tool and won't sell those 3 indivually - that would be cruel.

• Rev2019Rev2019 Posts: 167
    edited January 2020

how the hell do i reset this program?

amazing?

no far from it

it doenst have an option to ged rid of the triangle you use when you press stuff

i want an circle not a triangle shape pressure tool.

fall off ratio at 0.5 is still too large for an finger if you want to finger press a skin.

and where the hell is the readme?

Post edited by Chohole on