[Released! HD Face Burns for G8F + Add-On] FenixPhoenix's Commercial Products

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,072
    xyer0 said:

It looks great! I didn't think I would need more, but this is a necessity. Great job, and I can't wait for my shero to beat up some men.

Thank you for the support! And I hope Shero teaches those who mess with her a dire lesson!

HD Face Wounds 2 for Genesis 3 & 8 Females has been released!

https://www.daz3d.com/hd-face-wounds-2-for-genesis-3--8-females

Also just released: Spy Pistol & Garter for Genesis 8 Female

https://www.daz3d.com/spy-pistol-and-garter-for-genesis-8-female

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited May 2020

I'm getting texture errors all over the place with the spy pistol.

[edited]

Thanks for the prompt support dude.

Post edited by UHF on
    edited May 2020

Hi @UHF, apologies for the inconvenience, it seems only one of my two zips was uploaded into the final page installer of the store. So Gun 03, Gun 03 Rusted and Gun 02 (Gold) rusted will have missing textures (those were all in that second zip file). I've now sent an email to my Daz tester alerting him of the issue and I've also submitted an update into PASS with that zip file.

Unfortunately, it is the weekend, so I'm not sure if someone can fix it before Monday (though I hope they do). As soon as I know the update is live, I will post it here.

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on

Just a head's up. Spy Pistol & Garter for Genesis 8 Female has now been updated with the missing textures.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

Thank you so much for making the Body Wounds! They look fabulous, glorious, stupendous! I would imagine there could be some restrictions on how far you could take it, but I'm very pleased. I wonder if I can add some of the male back wounds to the female to give it the Full Passion of the Christ treatment?

xyer0 said:

Thank you so much for making the Body Wounds! They look fabulous, glorious, stupendous! I would imagine there could be some restrictions on how far you could take it, but I'm very pleased. I wonder if I can add some of the male back wounds to the female to give it the Full Passion of the Christ treatment?

Thank you for your support, @Xyer0. Glad you are happy with the product! You could definitely use some of the LIE Body Scars for Males on the females, at least the ones that aren't across seams. Some variation will occur to accommodate the different UVs. You could even use some of the LIE Presets of the HD Body Wounds for males on the females as well, though you won't be able to transfer the morphs since they are HD.

At any rate, we're currently working on the next set of LIE Body Scars 2 which will cover: arms, hands, legs and feet. I'm working on those as we speak while Esid works on modeling a futuristic arm prosthetic in the vein of cyberpunk (we plan to also expand on that concept by creating add-on gadgets (weapons) which will hook with the arm). I know @Griffin Avid mentioned in our Modern Leg Prosthetic thread that he was hoping for an arm prosthetic which prompted us to re-visit the idea.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Can you dial these in just a little so that they look like healed scars?

Sevrin said:

Hi Servin, indeed you can. I have my computer hostage but I'll do some renders tonight to show the HD morphs dialed in lower rather than at their full value. But for context, for the cover of LIE Body Scars for G3&8F I actually used the texture set for LIE Face Scars for the scar across the eye in combination with the HD morphs from Face Wounds for G3&8F dialed into around 25-30%.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870
    xyer0 said:

Thank you for your support, @Xyer0. Glad you are happy with the product! You could definitely use some of the LIE Body Scars for Males on the females, at least the ones that aren't across seams. Some variation will occur to accommodate the different UVs. You could even use some of the LIE Presets of the HD Body Wounds for males on the females as well, though you won't be able to transfer the morphs since they are HD.

At any rate, we're currently working on the next set of LIE Body Scars 2 which will cover: arms, hands, legs and feet. I'm working on those as we speak while Esid works on modeling a futuristic arm prosthetic in the vein of cyberpunk (we plan to also expand on that concept by creating add-on gadgets (weapons) which will hook with the arm). I know @Griffin Avid mentioned in our Modern Leg Prosthetic thread that he was hoping for an arm prosthetic which prompted us to re-visit the idea.

This sounds very exciting! I'll be looking for these. You know how to give the people what they want. I'm glad it's working out for you. Keep on having fun!

edited July 2020
    Sevrin said:

Ok, here are some quick renders to compare. From the wounds dialed to 100 to 50 to 25 and even to -50 (by breaking the limits) to show they can be used to give the effect of keloid type wounds. This last was something I wanted to show in the promos, but I ended up running out of promo space to do so.

Click on the images or see attached for more detail.

Wounds-100.png
    900 x 1350 - 1M
    Wounds-50.png
    900 x 1350 - 1M
    Wounds-25.png
    900 x 1350 - 2M
    Wounds--50.png
    900 x 1350 - 2M
    xyer0 said:
    xyer0 said:

This sounds very exciting! I'll be looking for these. You know how to give the people what they want. I'm glad it's working out for you. Keep on having fun!

Thank you very much, we also have some quirky things in the works which we hope DAZ will launch during Halloween. We're lucky people like what we do enough to allow us to make a living out of something we love. So thank you for contributing :).

• hericsherics Posts: 5

Wow huge thanks for the idea of dialing in negative values. That's really neat!

I came to ask if there were any plans for more scars on the arms/legs, but it looks like you already thought of that. Cannot wait for that to be released! All these products give so much personality to characters :)

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I Love your products! Though I don't have anywhere near all of them that I want yet hahaha

herics said:

Wow huge thanks for the idea of dialing in negative values. That's really neat!

I came to ask if there were any plans for more scars on the arms/legs, but it looks like you already thought of that. Cannot wait for that to be released! All these products give so much personality to characters :)

Thank you so much! Yes, i should have added at least one promo showing negative values. Will do that for the arms and leg scar packs which we are currently working on :).
    Carola O said:

I Love your products! Though I don't have anywhere near all of them that I want yet hahaha

Thank you very much for the support, i am happy that you like them and find them useful!
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

I just went to use G8F body wounds in a scene, only to discover that for some bizarre reason, I didn't already own them. Bought!

Gordig said:

I just went to use G8F body wounds in a scene, only to discover that for some bizarre reason, I didn't already own them. Bought!

Aww thank you very much for the support! I hope you enjoy using them! I need to do some renders of how it would look dial a negative number on the morphs and adding the scar LIEs on top. Hopefully I can do at least one render to showcase how all the packs can work together :).

• i53570ki53570k Posts: 212

Curious about including a Harry Potter scar.  Joker scars seem to be missing as well.  WB can't copyright scars, can it?

Also missing are burned scars, i.e. Darth Vader, Freddy Krueger, Deadpool...

i53570k said:

Curious about including a Harry Potter scar.  Joker scars seem to be missing as well.  WB can't copyright scars, can it?

WB certainly didn't invent the Glasgow Smile.

edited August 2020

Aerials

There's a non-Daz-friendly version on my Deviantart as well. The wounds are, shall we say, unobstructed.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

Looks great! I hadn't even thought about the negative values to replicate keloid scars. I have doing these by hand.

edited August 2020
    i53570k said:

Also missing are burned scars, i.e. Darth Vader, Freddy Krueger, Deadpool...

Yes, anything too close to an existing IP can't be sold. I have been wanting to do a render competition for the one year anniversary of our store (which already happened, lol, just haven't had the time to plan it out) and I could potentially do some "iconic scars" as a thank you gift for those who entered. Kind of like I did with the "iconic makeups" during the It's Raining Men Competition. Though I still need to finish giving feedback for that first. Some food for thought there.

As to burned scars, we're indeed planning on creating a "burned pack" hopefully sometime soon. The decision that needs to be made in regards to that is whether to go realistic and really show the scars disfiguring the character... or go more "movie/game style" were the scars don't disfigure as much and are intentionally created to look almost beautiful or even cool (in a weird kind of way).

Gordig said:
    i53570k said:

WB certainly didn't invent the Glasgow Smile.

Yes, I have been wanting to create a "Face Scar 3" pack so a variation of that can certainly be included!

Gordig said:

Aerials

There's a non-Daz-friendly version on my Deviantart as well. The wounds are, shall we say, unobstructed.

What a FANTASTIC render, Gordig! Love the colors and the action going on. An intense battle that somehow manages to look beautiful, like a painting! Great job and thank you for sharing the artwork! I shall check out the DA one as well! I think an area of opportunity in regards to composition would be to zoom out so you don't chop the figures' feet. But other than that, it's looking great!

Sigurd said:

Looks great! I hadn't even thought about the negative values to replicate keloid scars. I have doing these by hand.

Thanks, Sigurd! Yeah, I should've included at least a promo showcasing that. I'll just have to include it on the next pack! I still need to do a render of the negative values + the LIE textures of the scar pack to show how it would look to mix and match!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,966

edited August 2020
    Oso3D said:

I actually simulated that with one or two of the face bruises. Now I just need to 3D-paint over it.

Post edited by Gordig on

@Oso3D, Indeed! Zuko's scar is definitely iconic! Whenever I do the competition, I'll definitely include this scar in the thank you gift!

@Gordig, color me impressed! That's a VERY creative use of the bruise morphs and one I wouldn't have thought of! Great job! It really works out great!

Can you tell I like these products?

Gordig said:

Can you tell I like these products?

I can tell you like them AND you're very creative as well! Thank you for your support! Nothing makes us happier than satisfied customers!

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,708
    edited August 2020

If you need ideas for "iconic scars" I'd love Krato's arm burns and abdomen scar. I made an attempt myself on his arm burns, but i have no way of painting across seams so they don't quite match up on the backs of his arms. (last image)

hq720.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 141K
    Kratos-God-of-War.jpg
    1900 x 950 - 168K
    kratos olympus.jpg
    1159 x 1500 - 283K
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on
    Those are very interesting references,@zombietaggerung,thanks for sharing. I've only just now paid attention to the arm burn. I think there's something very interesting about shaping the burns like a chain. A lot to explore there and will definitely keep that in mind (will need to experiment on that)!
    edited October 2020

Hey everyone!

So LIE Body Scars 2 for Males and Females just came out. Just wanted to link them here so people can find this thread if they have any questions.

Additionally, we've been working on our newest series of scars based on some of your requests:

HD FACE BURNS for Genesis 8 Male(s)

A collection of 17 facial burn scars created through the careful combination of HD morphs and LIE material presets for flesh texturing. In addition, we have included a mirror option for a total of 34 HD Morphs.

And because we know characters come in all colors, we have included three sets of 34 LIE Iray Material Presets (Light, Midtone and Dark) to ensure a good blend with the underlying skin. In total, you get 102 LIE Iray Material Presets with the ability to mix, match, and even stack them for even greater variation and intensity!

Note: As shown in the promos, a character’s translucency values will play a BIG role in the texturing result. As such, we have included a brief PDF guide with tips on the different ways you can push this product as well as how to tweak the geometry of fibermesh brows so you will be able to hide one of them.

I'm attaching some of the promos for the pack just to give you an idea. If you'd like me to attach all of the rest of the pack's promos, let me know! I have it ready to submit, but I just want to see if I can create a texture add-on for "charred skin burn" before I hit submit. That way I can add a note for both things to launch together.

And, of course, the female pack is also being worked on (just need to finish promo renders, icons and the PDF guide for this one).

MFB_Popup01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 878K
    MFB_Popup06.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 793K
    MFB_Popup07.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 814K
    MFB_Popup09.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 843K
    MFB_Popup12.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1016K
    MFB_Popup14.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 879K