[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• thelonelyjoker14thelonelyjoker14 Posts: 10
    edited July 2020

The installation works but some files it fails to extract I have to extract by hand.

Post edited by thelonelyjoker14 on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,525

The installation works but some files it fails to extract I have to extract by hand.

Ok, it sounds like more than that error then.  Could I see the Daz Log?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

It's just weird I got  "...ERROR extracting files" of a content. But I tried to extract it by hand it was fine.

And if there is one error extracting like that other contents will not be installed.

I had that with a Rendo product that was zipped on a Mac.  It extracts fine with Windows, and I made a new zip file that worked normally.

edited July 2020

It's fine, I can bear it rarely happen.

It's fine, I can bear it rarely happen.

Ok, I am glad you are *somewhat* satisfied laugh

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

I was using CW to create metadata for a zip containing Genesis 1 characters, and had a couple of issues:

1) Since these are characters for G1 they shouldn't have "Compatibility Base", but CW set the Compatibility Base as "Genesis" for the first item, "Genesis1" for the second, "Genesis2" for the third, and so forth.  I clicked on "Clear Compatibility Base" and it only cleared the first one, but it cleared the Compatibilities for everything, I assume because the first one has been set to Genesis.

2) There was a .txt readme file which was categorized as /Default/Poses/Other/Reset.  I selected it and clicked Categories, but instead of the Daz Default categories it gave me a menu of a subset of my custom categories.

3) All items were categorized as Female/Real World -- I assume since it's Genesis 1 there's no information in the file to tell it whether it's female or male and whether it's Real World or not.

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 501
    edited July 2020

I love all of your work that I have, and I have a lot of it :D The ability of this script to create mostly appropriate metadata automatically is something I have been wanting for a very long time as have many of us I am sure.

Here is the issue I am having, I have a number of zips that start with "My Library" in the base zip and I was hoping to find a way to map that so that it is essentially ignored and the subdirs data,People, etc. all get put in the proper place but I have had no luck so far other than unzipping the file then going in to the temporary/work directory and moving all of the directories that way and removing My Library.  This works but is a bit of a pain when working with a large number of files, so I ask: Is there a way to map "My Library" (or other configurable zip base directory) to the configured install directory? (in my case F:\My DAZ 3D Library\)  Effectively ignoring the base dir and installing the subdirs in the proper place(s).

Also when you have the metadata created & installed and you click on the option to create a zip with everything in it the script goes back to the source zip and unzips that all over again which in my case above created an incorrect installer.  It would be nice, since the original is already unzipped, if it just packed up the temp dir and added the metadata that was generated & installed instead.

Post edited by greymouser69 on

I was using CW to create metadata for a zip containing Genesis 1 characters, and had a couple of issues:

1) Since these are characters for G1 they shouldn't have "Compatibility Base", but CW set the Compatibility Base as "Genesis" for the first item, "Genesis1" for the second, "Genesis2" for the third, and so forth.  I clicked on "Clear Compatibility Base" and it only cleared the first one, but it cleared the Compatibilities for everything, I assume because the first one has been set to Genesis.

Why do you think Genesis 1 characters don't have a compability base?  I believe it should have set all the characters to /Genesis for compatibility base.  Clearing the compatibility base would definitely clear the compatibilities for everything else as there is nothing to be compatible to now.

2) There was a .txt readme file which was categorized as /Default/Poses/Other/Reset.  I selected it and clicked Categories, but instead of the Daz Default categories it gave me a menu of a subset of my custom categories.

That is strange.  It should have definitely brought up the "Edit Categories..." dialog.  Could you post a screenshot?

3) All items were categorized as Female/Real World -- I assume since it's Genesis 1 there's no information in the file to tell it whether it's female or male and whether it's Real World or not.

The Real World is always used (there is no way to know if it is a stylized character, etc).  The Female sounds about right.  Even Daz's Genesis characters are given a Female or Male category.

I love all of your work that I have, and I have a lot of it :D The ability of this script to create mostly appropriate metadata automatically is something I have been wanting for a very long time as have many of us I am sure.

Here is the issue I am having, I have a number of zips that start with "My Library" in the base zip and I was hoping to find a way to map that so that it is essentially ignored and the subdirs data,People, etc. all get put in the proper place but I have had no luck so far other than unzipping the file then going in to the temporary/work directory and moving all of the directories that way and removing My Library.  This works but is a bit of a pain when working with a large number of files, so I ask: Is there a way to map "My Library" (or other configurable zip base directory) to the configured install directory? (in my case F:\My DAZ 3D Library\)  Effectively ignoring the base dir and installing the subdirs in the proper place(s).

Also when you have the metadata created & installed and you click on the option to create a zip with everything in it the script goes back to the source zip and unzips that all over again which in my case above created an incorrect installer.  It would be nice, since the original is already unzipped, if it just packed up the temp dir and added the metadata that was generated & installed instead.

Thank you for your support!  smiley

Sorry, this is no way to map it.  I would change the zip files.  With WinZip (or I imagine most utilities), it would be easy to rename the "My Library" to "Content".  As a safety check, the script makes sure the working directory contains the current product and not a different stuff (which would be disastrous for installing stuff to your Daz directories).  That is why it unzips it once it finds that the working directory is not correct.

Why do you think Genesis 1 characters don't have a compability base?  I believe it should have set all the characters to /Genesis for compatibility base.  Clearing the compatibility base would definitely clear the compatibilities for everything else as there is nothing to be compatible to now.

All the characters I've looked at which have metadata don't set a compatibility base unless there are add-ons like hair or beards.  They have Genesis set under Compatibilities.

That is strange.  It should have definitely brought up the "Edit Categories..." dialog.  Could you post a screenshot?

See screenshot.

cw1.png
    1477 x 670 - 142K
  • greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 501

Sorry, this is no way to map it.  I would change the zip files.  With WinZip (or I imagine most utilities), it would be easy to rename the "My Library" to "Content".  As a safety check, the script makes sure the working directory contains the current product and not a different stuff (which would be disastrous for installing stuff to your Daz directories).  That is why it unzips it once it finds that the working directory is not correct.

Thanks for the reply!  I will try renaming as you suggested and see how it goes.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,185
    edited July 2020

Just re-discovered this product as I am more into smart content recently. I do have certain habits with installing content though and would like if this could be met:

- Instead of installing i.e. to people/genesis 8 female/clothing/... I like to use people/genesis 8 female/! vendor/vendorname/...
    Now I found the remapping but it seems to add the /clothing/... to the target directory I select. Any workaround?

- Is the product also able to scan the people-folder of a product already installed? That would help if the above is not possible.

To explain why I would like such a scenario. There are vendors who place their cloth (or other products) directly in a root folder and I prefer to have them sorted. Also lots of textures place itself in their own folder whereas I like to keep them with the product their supposed to be used with.

Thanks,

RWD

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on

Another question. I already manually added new custom stores via an available script. How can I make sure/adjust my stores with the one from the dropdown of Content Wizard? And how can I add further stores?

edited July 2020

OK. A little summary from a mac user:

Custom Directories
    Did not find out how to set real custom directories (i.e. wanted "people/genesis 8 female/! vendor/lilflame/...) as CW always added the path it had in mind. Ended up just editing the ZIP. Beware as with Mac the build-in zipper produced ZIPs CW had problems with. BetterZip did the trick and even allowed manipulations directly within the ZIP file. So solved with workaround. If there is still a better method I'm interested.

Product Image
    I tend to use the original image from the website as there is a nice preview on hover in smart content. CW does create it's own image. Not bad either but it would be cool to set to use the original.

Editing some of the empty fields in table view / Notepad.exe
    For editing those voids notepad.exe is called and of course not available on Mac. Could you link to textedit on Mac instead?

Category path
    Don't know if selecting to much categories caused the problem but I ended up with weird categories like "wardrobe," and other very long category path. Not nice but easily adjustable with "Edit Metadata".

Working directory
    I do get errors that CW cannot clean up the working directory afterwards. Of course can delete manually. Might be a Catalina issue where filesystem transactions are rather limited for apps.

All the - maybe Mac-specific flaws aside the product is still a time-saver as setting up a product fully manual is taking me way longer.

edited July 2020

Nevermind, solved.

edited July 2020

OK. A little summary from a mac user:

Custom Directories
    Did not find out how to set real custom directories (i.e. wanted "people/genesis 8 female/! vendor/lilflame/...) as CW always added the path it had in mind. Ended up just editing the ZIP. Beware as with Mac the build-in zipper produced ZIPs CW had problems with. BetterZip did the trick and even allowed manipulations directly within the ZIP file. So solved with workaround. If there is still a better method I'm interested.

As you found out, the custom directories is not possible.  

Product Image
    I tend to use the original image from the website as there is a nice preview on hover in smart content. CW does create it's own image. Not bad either but it would be cool to set to use the original.

Click "Change Product Icon" button

Editing some of the empty fields in table view / Notepad.exe
    For editing those voids notepad.exe is called and of course not available on Mac. Could you link to textedit on Mac instead?

You can change this by changing the data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartContentConstants.dsa file.  There is a line:

var sEditor = "C:/Windows/notepad.exe";

Change it to what will work on Mac.

Category path
    Don't know if selecting to much categories caused the problem but I ended up with weird categories like "wardrobe," and other very long category path. Not nice but easily adjustable with "Edit Metadata".

Sounds like a bug.  I will have to investigate.

Working directory
    I do get errors that CW cannot clean up the working directory afterwards. Of course can delete manually. Might be a Catalina issue where filesystem transactions are rather limited for apps.

All the - maybe Mac-specific flaws aside the product is still a time-saver as setting up a product fully manual is taking me way longer.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    edited July 2020

Thank you for the quick answer. I found two strange behaviors on Mac, don't know whether those are bugs or not:

1) The Problem with the categories

One needs to make sure that only one checkbox is set. Multiple entries or maybe some entires bind the categories together not handling them one by one so it ends up with strange "Pseudo-Trees" in the category tree. This can be manually corrected but is still something which I would like to avoid.

2) Duplicate Files in Smart Content

This is more serious and I don't know how to solve. All products I installed with Content Wizard show double entires with the file tab. This goes mainly for the wearables. Example for the Hype Dress by lilflame. Everything installed correctly but I end up with two items in the files tab:

For the example "Hype Dress" I get two icons with different entries in the Info-Tab:
    - The File-Section is the same.
    - The Dates-Section is excactly the same so both files must have been created by Content Wizard
    - The Product-Section is different,
    > The first one has it correctly filled out with Name, Store ID, Product ID and Global ID
    > The second one has only Name: LOCAL USER to it

Once I manually "Edit metadata" I cannot find anything wrong. There is only one Category and only one file where both icons refer to.

How can I avoid the duplicate and clear out duplicates already made?

///
    I further investigated:

- The metadata XML created by Content Wizard looks fine.
    - Once I click on that strange Product "LOCAL USER" in the Products Tab and go to "All Files" it lists
    > All the wearables installed with Content Wizard
    > Lots of scenes I created earlier
    > Some G2F main character I installed with DIM
    I then tried to delete the assets for the wearables which show duplicates from the metadata of this "LOCAL USER" product. But whether or not I click on accept, the wearables are again there once I edit metadata again.

Any ideas?

Would I maybe need to untick the "Sync Product and Local Database"? But I thought that was necessary to have automatic refreshes of metadata-changes.

This strange product "LOCAL USER" even shows up in the Content Library under products but the option to delete is greyed out.

OK. I found a way to get rid of the duplicates:
    - Go to content library.
    - Find the product "LOCAL USER"
    - Click on it to show all the products there
    - Locate the files which are duplicates, rightclick and "Remove Reference"
    - Once done those products show up only once with the Files Tab in Smart Content

So question is how can I avoid that those references are created once I install/create metadata with Content Wizard?

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

I've seen the duplicate icon issue as well.

I'm also on a Mac, so if this doesn't happen on Windows, it might be a Mac-specific issue.

I don't think it's Mac-specific.  Before DS4.9, a file could be associated with multiple products, but was only displayed once.  In DS4.12, if the same file is associated with multiple products, it is displayed for each product.  When you export user data it is assigned to the product LOCAL_USER, so when you re-import it you get doubled icons.  Still looking for a good way to correct this.

Is it possible to clear the Compatibility Base for multiple items?  It only seems to work for 1 line at a time.

Should be possible but is IMO not connected with the LOCAL PRODUCT issue. I was able to get rid of all references by just selecting all related stuff at once. Annoying as each new Content Wizard product gets a new reference. But well, no biggie.

Thank you for the quick answer. I found two strange behaviors on Mac, don't know whether those are bugs or not:

1) The Problem with the categories

One needs to make sure that only one checkbox is set. Multiple entries or maybe some entires bind the categories together not handling them one by one so it ends up with strange "Pseudo-Trees" in the category tree. This can be manually corrected but is still something which I would like to avoid.

2) Duplicate Files in Smart Content

This is more serious and I don't know how to solve. All products I installed with Content Wizard show double entires with the file tab. This goes mainly for the wearables. Example for the Hype Dress by lilflame. Everything installed correctly but I end up with two items in the files tab:

For the example "Hype Dress" I get two icons with different entries in the Info-Tab:
    - The File-Section is the same.
    - The Dates-Section is excactly the same so both files must have been created by Content Wizard
    - The Product-Section is different,
    > The first one has it correctly filled out with Name, Store ID, Product ID and Global ID
    > The second one has only Name: LOCAL USER to it

Once I manually "Edit metadata" I cannot find anything wrong. There is only one Category and only one file where both icons refer to.

How can I avoid the duplicate and clear out duplicates already made?

///
    I further investigated:

- The metadata XML created by Content Wizard looks fine.
    - Once I click on that strange Product "LOCAL USER" in the Products Tab and go to "All Files" it lists
    > All the wearables installed with Content Wizard
    > Lots of scenes I created earlier
    > Some G2F main character I installed with DIM
    I then tried to delete the assets for the wearables which show duplicates from the metadata of this "LOCAL USER" product. But whether or not I click on accept, the wearables are again there once I edit metadata again.

Any ideas?

Would I maybe need to untick the "Sync Product and Local Database"? But I thought that was necessary to have automatic refreshes of metadata-changes.

This strange product "LOCAL USER" even shows up in the Content Library under products but the option to delete is greyed out.

OK. I found a way to get rid of the duplicates:
    - Go to content library.
    - Find the product "LOCAL USER"
    - Click on it to show all the products there
    - Locate the files which are duplicates, rightclick and "Remove Reference"
    - Once done those products show up only once with the Files Tab in Smart Content

So question is how can I avoid that those references are created once I install/create metadata with Content Wizard?

Thank you for the analysis.  I will investigate.

Is it possible to clear the Compatibility Base for multiple items?  It only seems to work for 1 line at a time.

Yes, in the Smart Content Table, SHIFT click or CTRL click to select multiple items.

• Hey RiverSoft I have Existing DAZ Metadata detected and I can not get it to go away.  It gets "stuck" on a Iray mat for hair.  

The error is:

Metadata has been detected for People/Genesis 8 Female/Hair/dForce Corporate Hair/Iray Materials/Corporate Hair Mid Brown

Content Type:  Preset/Materials/Hierarchical

Category:

Compatibility:

Compatibility Base:

Would you like to overwrite the analysis with the existing Daz Metadata?

[Overwrite] [Overwrite all files] [Skip]  [Skip All Files]

No matter what I choose I can not get this to go away.  I have reinstalled the product.  Trying to install a Rendo asset but this happens.

edited July 2020

So far Content Wizard worked nicely and has proven to be a real time saver.

Unfortunately with a new product from Halcyone containing wardrobe and poses I am really stuck for the first time:

- It fails to create the Smart Content
    - The log reports: Error importing product into Smart Content database
    - Upon checking the table view I found all the poses and some materials with a strange entry under Object Compatiblities which reads
          name://@selection/Genesis8Female:
    - So I guess that CW fails to detect what those files are supposed to do.
    - Unfortunately I can neither manually edit nor delete the files from the table. Unchecking them does not seem to have an impact on the Smart Data creation.
    - I cannot edit as I am on Mac and there is no notepad there.
    - I altered RSSmartContentConstants.dsa like this
        var sEditor = "/System/Applications/TextEdit.app";
    - The path should be correct but the script says "Could not start /System/Applications/TextEdit.app

Any ideas on a workaround?

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

So far Content Wizard worked nicely and has proven to be a real time saver.

Unfortunately with a new product from Halcyone containing wardrobe and poses I am really stuck for the first time:

- It fails to create the Smart Content
    - The log reports: Error importing product into Smart Content database
    - Upon checking the table view I found all the poses and some materials with a strange entry under Object Compatiblities which reads
          name://@selection/Genesis8Female:
    - So I guess that CW fails to detect what those files are supposed to do.
    - Unfortunately I can neither manually edit nor delete the files from the table. Unchecking them does not seem to have an impact on the Smart Data creation.
    - I cannot edit as I am on Mac and there is no notepad there.
    - I altered RSSmartContentConstants.dsa like this
        var sEditor = "/System/Applications/TextEdit.app";
    - The path should be correct but the script says "Could not start /System/Applications/TextEdit.app

Any ideas on a workaround?

What's the name of the product?

Office Lady Clothing & Poses. The product is created but the rest the Smart Content is missing due to the above mentioned error. Did not have this problems with other products from Halcyone though. 

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

Office Lady Clothing & Poses. The product is created but the rest the Smart Content is missing due to the above mentioned error. Did not have this problems with other products from Halcyone though. 

Ok, I don't have that one.  What happens when you select all the ones that are incorrect and click on "Clear Compatibilities",  Can you then select a new set using Content Wizard's Built in system

All standard buttons in CW have no effect or clear other column entries. Ticking only the files without the entry does also not work. I ended up manually adding the assets and categorizing them and defining the proper bases. But hey, once you spend > 15 minutes in doing so, you really recognize what a timesaver CW is. As I rebuild my runtime currently I did for example reinstall 30+ lilflame outfits I bought from Rendo:
    - I have organized the ZIP files pretty well.
    - Alterted the ZIPs a bit (removed the documentation, created a new sub-folder "! Vendor" to go between Clothing and the PA-name.
    - Opened the ZIP with CW, filled out the fields and assigned the proper store image.
    - Let CW do the install and create the Smart Content
    I think it took me less time for all the products I did with CW than the first 3 ones I did manually. Even the clearing afterwards (like removing the duplicate file references from the LOCAL USER product) is going quite fast.

Only hope that I will not run into similar issues like I had with the one Halcyone product again, because the ZIP structure was not that different from other products.

All standard buttons in CW have no effect or clear other column entries. Ticking only the files without the entry does also not work. I ended up manually adding the assets and categorizing them and defining the proper bases. But hey, once you spend > 15 minutes in doing so, you really recognize what a timesaver CW is. As I rebuild my runtime currently I did for example reinstall 30+ lilflame outfits I bought from Rendo:
    - I have organized the ZIP files pretty well.
    - Alterted the ZIPs a bit (removed the documentation, created a new sub-folder "! Vendor" to go between Clothing and the PA-name.
    - Opened the ZIP with CW, filled out the fields and assigned the proper store image.
    - Let CW do the install and create the Smart Content
    I think it took me less time for all the products I did with CW than the first 3 ones I did manually. Even the clearing afterwards (like removing the duplicate file references from the LOCAL USER product) is going quite fast.

Only hope that I will not run into similar issues like I had with the one Halcyone product again, because the ZIP structure was not that different from other products.

I would need to see the log, but it sounds like the script crashed.  Once it crashed, none of the buttons are going to do anything.  Unfortunately, I do not have that product, but maybe the log will tell me something.