[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162
    newoski said:

Can this be used to Edit/Change the metadata of existing Smart Content? IE change the Title/Name?

It can be used to change the metadata of existing smart content, but the I think the name is one area it does not.  That will create a new record in the content database.

If you want to use it to edit existing smart content do you need to re-download it as a zip file and go through the process as if it was first time download?

Can you use it to edit categories? It drives me crazy how the Poses category is full of content where the only pose is feet for high heels.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,525
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:

First, amazing product! I've successfully created Smart Content for a few characters, but then I run into errors with others. Oddly, when I deleted the successful content and started over, I ran into the errors on the previously successful content as well. Errors occur when I try a fresh install of the smart content as well as if I try to overwrite a previously failed smart content install

14:13:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Unable to open file for writing: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8

.dsx

14:13:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8

Log: https://pastebin.com/xX0r30m0

Configuration File: https://pastebin.com/5ZfsvPnP

(After reading through this entire thread, I have also tried deleting the unzipped Character files from my "Non-Smart Content" folder and confirming that there is no conflicting file in the Support folder under the above name or any variation for the failing Characters

Strange.  First of all, when trying again, always make sure the product is deleted from the DS database (see the manual for how to do this).  It would probabl be good to make sure the files are deleted from Runtime/Support too.

For this specific problem, does C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8.dsx exist?  

Does not exist. Confirmed fur all instances. Will check on other in AM.

I assume the path exists?  Are you able to create a file in this directory?  Are you able to create a file named Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8.dsx in this directory?

Yes, I can manually create the file in the Support folder. 

Can you link to manual regarding deleting database entries manually?

It is the manual that comes with Content Wizard.  There should be an icon to launch it from DS.

So I ended up reinstalling Windows 10, and DAZ obviously, and things seem to be a bit more stable. I get that error when I don't have a lot of content installed, but for whatever reason, once I install everything from my Daz purchases, it seems to go away for the most part. That said, unrelated questions pertaining to workflow for a large Renderosity collection

1. What is the quickest workflow to build DSX/Zip installation packages? It seems like I have to click "Install Smart Content" before Export Zip/Self Installer is available. But then, if I do it that way, I also have to manually remove the "Install Smart Content" output files, before I can test the Zip/Self Installer. Is there a more fluid process of creating the Installer and then testing it via the DSX file to install? 

The most ideal way I can think of if Install Smart Content is necessary before generating the Installer would be to essentially Install Smart Content, close Content Wizard, test installed content and then come back to Content Wizard to generate the Installer. The problem with that seems to be that once you close the Content Wizard window and reopen it, you have to go through the whole Install Smart Content process again before you can Export Zip/Self Installer -- which means you have to go Delete the installed content and then go back and redo. 

I am able to re-enter the Content Wizard, load the configuration file, and have Export Zip/Self Installer enabled.  I will have to debug why it doesn't for you.

newoski said:

2. What's the best way to work with Clothing and associated Material products? IE original release and then secondary release from unrelated party with materials. How can they best be managed so that the materials are associated with the original product? Is there a way to smash them all together into one "Product"? Or is it best to have them only connected by Material association? If so, how would that be done?

This software is awesome. Just looking for guidance on easiest way to use in mass

I usually just install the clothing product, and then install the material products.  By using the shift/ctrl selection in the table view, I can select multiple items and assign them to the clothing item at once.

newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:

First, amazing product! I've successfully created Smart Content for a few characters, but then I run into errors with others. Oddly, when I deleted the successful content and started over, I ran into the errors on the previously successful content as well. Errors occur when I try a fresh install of the smart content as well as if I try to overwrite a previously failed smart content install

14:13:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Unable to open file for writing: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8

.dsx

14:13:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8

(After reading through this entire thread, I have also tried deleting the unzipped Character files from my "Non-Smart Content" folder and confirming that there is no conflicting file in the Support folder under the above name or any variation for the failing Characters

Strange.  First of all, when trying again, always make sure the product is deleted from the DS database (see the manual for how to do this).  It would probabl be good to make sure the files are deleted from Runtime/Support too.

For this specific problem, does C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8.dsx exist?  

I assume the path exists?  Are you able to create a file in this directory?  Are you able to create a file named Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8.dsx in this directory?

It is the manual that comes with Content Wizard.  There should be an icon to launch it from DS.

So I ended up reinstalling Windows 10, and DAZ obviously, and things seem to be a bit more stable. I get that error when I don't have a lot of content installed, but for whatever reason, once I install everything from my Daz purchases, it seems to go away for the most part. That said, unrelated questions pertaining to workflow for a large Renderosity collection

1. What is the quickest workflow to build DSX/Zip installation packages? It seems like I have to click "Install Smart Content" before Export Zip/Self Installer is available. But then, if I do it that way, I also have to manually remove the "Install Smart Content" output files, before I can test the Zip/Self Installer. Is there a more fluid process of creating the Installer and then testing it via the DSX file to install? 

The most ideal way I can think of if Install Smart Content is necessary before generating the Installer would be to essentially Install Smart Content, close Content Wizard, test installed content and then come back to Content Wizard to generate the Installer. The problem with that seems to be that once you close the Content Wizard window and reopen it, you have to go through the whole Install Smart Content process again before you can Export Zip/Self Installer -- which means you have to go Delete the installed content and then go back and redo. 

I am able to re-enter the Content Wizard, load the configuration file, and have Export Zip/Self Installer enabled.  I will have to debug why it doesn't for you.

newoski said:

2. What's the best way to work with Clothing and associated Material products? IE original release and then secondary release from unrelated party with materials. How can they best be managed so that the materials are associated with the original product? Is there a way to smash them all together into one "Product"? Or is it best to have them only connected by Material association? If so, how would that be done?

This software is awesome. Just looking for guidance on easiest way to use in mass

I usually just install the clothing product, and then install the material products.  By using the shift/ctrl selection in the table view, I can select multiple items and assign them to the clothing item at once.

Alright, so I think I'm making progress after rereading the manual and watching your video tutorial again. The Export function is working, I just wasn't trusting it before as I had been incorrectly installing Smart Content, without first Installing Content. Thus, the installs weren't working as expected and were empty. That said, I'm currently struggling with Compatability for Clothing. Below I am working with Oh So Hot Pants from nirvy and the supplemental materials from Anagord. In the first image, you'll see that the nirvy product contains correct Compatability and the materials show up as compatible in DAZ 3D Smart Content.

https://ibb.co/gTTxFzv

However, when I try to add Compatibility to the supplemental Materials product from Anagord, I can't find the "Oh So Hot Pants" Product in the list:

https://ibb.co/gFhdHPf

Once I have that one solved, I should be all set. Thanks again!

Sorry for taking so long.  I had to recreate the issue.  I don't have that outfit but I finally find a couple of products that would do it. For some reason, the database does not return the outfit in the same session.  When I restart DS, the database reports the outfit.

newoski said:

Can this be used to Edit/Change the metadata of existing Smart Content? IE change the Title/Name?

It can be used to change the metadata of existing smart content, but the I think the name is one area it does not.  That will create a new record in the content database.

If you want to use it to edit existing smart content do you need to re-download it as a zip file and go through the process as if it was first time download?

Can you use it to edit categories? It drives me crazy how the Poses category is full of content where the only pose is feet for high heels.

CW needs a zip file to analyze for the smart content.  If it is already in the Content Library, it doesn't need to install it again, but it does need the zip.

You can change categories for items.  You cannot add categories that don't exist though.  To edit smart content for an existing item, you need to get the name et al exactly correct.

• asdf123asdf123 Posts: 167
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:

.dsx

newoski said:

newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:

.dsx

newoski said:

Alright, so I think I'm making progress after rereading the manual and watching your video tutorial again. The Export function is working, I just wasn't trusting it before as I had been incorrectly installing Smart Content, without first Installing Content. Thus, the installs weren't working as expected and were empty. That said, I'm currently struggling with Compatability for Clothing. Below I am working with Oh So Hot Pants from nirvy and the supplemental materials from Anagord. In the first image, you'll see that the nirvy product contains correct Compatability and the materials show up as compatible in DAZ 3D Smart Content.

https://ibb.co/gTTxFzv

However, when I try to add Compatibility to the supplemental Materials product from Anagord, I can't find the "Oh So Hot Pants" Product in the list:

https://ibb.co/gFhdHPf

Once I have that one solved, I should be all set. Thanks again!

Sorry for taking so long.  I had to recreate the issue.  I don't have that outfit but I finally find a couple of products that would do it. For some reason, the database does not return the outfit in the same session.  When I restart DS, the database reports the outfit.

Awesome, will test in AM and report back w any follow ups. No need to apologise, you provide great support!!
  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

Hi, I've been trying to install products and create metadata for them, but every time I try to hit "analize," the script does its routine and then tells me it hasn't found any user-facing files. I've included a log file, hope it helps.

txt
    txt
    Content Wizard log.txt
    Uthgard said:

Hi, I've been trying to install products and create metadata for them, but every time I try to hit "analize," the script does its routine and then tells me it hasn't found any user-facing files. I've included a log file, hope it helps.

Yes, that was very helpful.  The script is actually crashing in the one log you posted.  The bug is that I hadn't considered (or tested) that a character is not in the People directory; I don't buy many Animals.  Until I fix it, you won't be able to import Animals.

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

Oh, well, that's me and my luck for finding edge cases, thanks for looking into it. Also, in case it helps, Hivewire is currently giving away their cat, if you need something to test the script on.

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 502

Hello and please excuse me if I missed this somewhere but is there a way to edit multiple tags at once? I tried selecting all the files in table view and when I tried to double click on tag it went back to just one item selected. Is there a way to edit multiple files' tags at once in CW or otherwise??

sunnyjei said:

Hello and please excuse me if I missed this somewhere but is there a way to edit multiple tags at once? I tried selecting all the files in table view and when I tried to double click on tag it went back to just one item selected. Is there a way to edit multiple files' tags at once in CW or otherwise??

Select the first item and double-click shift-selecting the last item.  All items in-between will be edited.  You can also use double-click CTRL select.

sunnyjei said:

Select the first item and double-click shift-selecting the last item.  All items in-between will be edited.  You can also use double-click CTRL select.

Thank you! I might try reimporting later to do that. I had a bunch of files I tried to import and it was a mess (mainly the files were zipped in weird ways and animal files crashing things) and so I ended up going back and just manually installing several gigs worth. I'm not sure if CW can help with this but is it possible to mass edit my content library or run it in some way where it scans the content library and imports items it can into Smart Content ???

sunnyjei said:
    sunnyjei said:

Thank you! I might try reimporting later to do that. I had a bunch of files I tried to import and it was a mess (mainly the files were zipped in weird ways and animal files crashing things) and so I ended up going back and just manually installing several gigs worth. I'm not sure if CW can help with this but is it possible to mass edit my content library or run it in some way where it scans the content library and imports items it can into Smart Content ???

No, there is not an option to do this right now.  I was concerned that while CW can do a good job with creating Smart Content, it should really be verified before installing.  

sunnyjei said:
    sunnyjei said:

No, there is not an option to do this right now.  I was concerned that while CW can do a good job with creating Smart Content, it should really be verified before installing.  

No worries! It's been really helpful for the files that were organized and I'll likely go back and multi edit tags. I think I'm going to leave the pain of manually editing the other files for another day that isn't today :D Thanks again for the help!

sunnyjei said:
    sunnyjei said:
    sunnyjei said:

No worries! It's been really helpful for the files that were organized and I'll likely go back and multi edit tags. I think I'm going to leave the pain of manually editing the other files for another day that isn't today :D Thanks again for the help!

No problem!

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    Uthgard said:

Yes, that was very helpful.  The script is actually crashing in the one log you posted.  The bug is that I hadn't considered (or tested) that a character is not in the People directory; I don't buy many Animals.  Until I fix it, you won't be able to import Animals.

My Hivewire critters will have to wait  I was just trying Content Wizard and ran into the same issue as Uthgard.  Also, Hivewire 3D is not listed in the store dropdown.  If it animals were working, would adding a store not in the list have caused an issue?

gitika1 said:
    Uthgard said:

My Hivewire critters will have to wait  I was just trying Content Wizard and ran into the same issue as Uthgard.  Also, Hivewire 3D is not listed in the store dropdown.  If it animals were working, would adding a store not in the list have caused an issue?

No, adding a store doesn't cause a problem.  I am about ready to submit a fix to Daz.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

I've run into an issue with Content Wizard. When I install smart content for one particular figure (MYKT Yuliana from Renderosity), it trashes smart content for everything related to Genesis 8 Female. Most of the associated items (poses, wardrobe items etc. etc.) disappear from Smart Content, leaving only a handful of rather oddly-assorted and unrelated items. The drop-down menu in the top-left corner of the Smart Content pane changes, so that instead of being marked Female and showing a working drop-down, it changes to the name of the product -- MYKT Yuliana -- and is disabled.

As far as I can tell, the problem seems to be specific to this one figure.

One thought I had was that it was somehow related to product ID. I've been using the Renderosity ID of any Renderosity product I use to fill in the Product ID slot in Content Wizard. I suppose that if DAZ's Smart Content is keyed off this Product ID, and I somehow picked a duplicate, bad things might happen. But the ID in question is 138238, and DAZ SKUs seem to run only up to about 69,000, so I don't think there should be a clash.

What is a safe way to pick Product IDs for content from other stores? And has anyone else seen anything similar?

P.S. I was able to restore my previous CMS using Apple's Time Machine backup system. This is the second or third time Time Machine has saved me in similar circumstances. If you're running a Mac, use Time Machine (and whatever other backup solutions you care to add). You will be glad you did, and sad if you don't.

I've run into an issue with Content Wizard. When I install smart content for one particular figure (MYKT Yuliana from Renderosity), it trashes smart content for everything related to Genesis 8 Female. Most of the associated items (poses, wardrobe items etc. etc.) disappear from Smart Content, leaving only a handful of rather oddly-assorted and unrelated items. The drop-down menu in the top-left corner of the Smart Content pane changes, so that instead of being marked Female and showing a working drop-down, it changes to the name of the product -- MYKT Yuliana -- and is disabled.

As far as I can tell, the problem seems to be specific to this one figure.

One thought I had was that it was somehow related to product ID. I've been using the Renderosity ID of any Renderosity product I use to fill in the Product ID slot in Content Wizard. I suppose that if DAZ's Smart Content is keyed off this Product ID, and I somehow picked a duplicate, bad things might happen. But the ID in question is 138238, and DAZ SKUs seem to run only up to about 69,000, so I don't think there should be a clash.

What is a safe way to pick Product IDs for content from other stores? And has anyone else seen anything similar?

P.S. I was able to restore my previous CMS using Apple's Time Machine backup system. This is the second or third time Time Machine has saved me in similar circumstances. If you're running a Mac, use Time Machine (and whatever other backup solutions you care to add). You will be glad you did, and sad if you don't.

You are able to do smart content for other figures, just this one character does something?  What does the runtime support file look like?

Yes, Smart Content has worked well with everything else I've tried. It's only this figure that seems to break things.

Where do I look for the 'runtime support file' and how do I recognize it?

Yes, Smart Content has worked well with everything else I've tried. It's only this figure that seems to break things.

Where do I look for the 'runtime support file' and how do I recognize it?

It is in the Runtime/Support folder and named StoreName_ID_ProductName.dsx.

Here you go (extension changed to '.txt' from '.dsx' to persuade the forum to let me upload it)

txt
    txt
    Renderosity_138238_MYKT_Yuliana_G8_F_Part_01_248665.dsx.txt

Here you go (extension changed to '.txt' from '.dsx' to persuade the forum to let me upload it)

Thanks.  First, what version of Content Wizard are you using?  Did you analyze with the latest version (1.0.5.4)?  There are some pecularities in there that I need to investigate.

Yes, I'm using 1.0.5.4.

I haven't seen this issue with anything except the Yuliana figure (so far).

Yes, I'm using 1.0.5.4.

I haven't seen this issue with anything except the Yuliana figure (so far).

Hmmm.  I am seeing in there:

<ObjectCompatibility VALUE="/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female" REF="/MYKT Yuliana G8 F Part 01 248665/MYKT Yuliana"/>

Usually, what I will see is:

<ObjectCompatibility VALUE="/data/Phoenix1966/Joseph/Joseph%20Soul%20Patch/Fibers9_215688.dsf#Fibers9_215688" REF="/Phx Joseph for Genesis 8 Male/Joseph Soul PatchG8M"/>
              <ObjectCompatibility VALUE="/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Genesis8Male.dsf#Genesis8Male" REF="/Genesis 8/Male"/>

Can I see the configuration file for Juliana?

Attached.

I followed my usual process with Yuliana: select the zips, grab a thumbnail off Renderosity and add it, fill in the name/artist/store/product id fields, then click Analyze Content, then Install Content, then Install Smart Content. I don't believe that I entered any weird values or selected any unusual options that might have made things go strange.

txt
    txt
    content-wizard.txt
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

I just used this for the first time, and so far I'm loving it.  Heck, it even updates content smart content immediately, which is something you can't do with DIM right now.

There's something I wanted to ask about, though.  I noticed a little + in the Smart Content window in the Outerwear category.  Now, there is the Poncho which shows up, and a snood (hood) that doesn't.  When I click on the plus sign in outerwear, it turns into a minus, but still only the poncho appears.  THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL, since the snood installed fine, and appears in my Smart Content along with everything, but thought I'd bring it up in case this is unintended. It's Lully's dForce Divergence for G8F outfit

Annotation 2020-05-23 074212.jpg
    482 x 469 - 40K
    Sevrin said:

I just used this for the first time, and so far I'm loving it.  Heck, it even updates content smart content immediately, which is something you can't do with DIM right now.

There's something I wanted to ask about, though.  I noticed a little + in the Smart Content window in the Outerwear category.  Now, there is the Poncho which shows up, and a snood (hood) that doesn't.  When I click on the plus sign in outerwear, it turns into a minus, but still only the poncho appears.  THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL, since the snood installed fine, and appears in my Smart Content along with everything, but thought I'd bring it up in case this is unintended. It's Lully's dForce Divergence for G8F outfit

This is as intended.  I optimized the script to not fetch things until it needs to.  If it thinks something *might* need to be expanded, it puts a plus sign there.  Only when it is clicked does it go, never mind smiley

Attached.

I followed my usual process with Yuliana: select the zips, grab a thumbnail off Renderosity and add it, fill in the name/artist/store/product id fields, then click Analyze Content, then Install Content, then Install Smart Content. I don't believe that I entered any weird values or selected any unusual options that might have made things go strange.

I am struggling with this one.  Nothing is jumping out at me.  Sorry.

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655

I'm sorry if I ask this here again: Has anyone figured out how to solve the dublicate smart content with the local user yet, or found out what causes it?
    I didn't quite follow this thread.

Attached.

I am struggling with this one.  Nothing is jumping out at me.  Sorry.

Sorry to hear you're struggling, but thank you so much for looking into it.

If I understood better how Smart Content works, I might be able to take a look at it myself, but I know nearly nothing about it. Are there any good primers online anywhere?

I'm sorry if I ask this here again: Has anyone figured out how to solve the dublicate smart content with the local user yet, or found out what causes it?
    I didn't quite follow this thread.

No, I don't think so.  I thought I solved it with the last update, but people reported still having the problem sad