[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,525
    Sevrin said:

Apologies for not having read through the thread.

I have a lot of content from Rendo, Adam Thwaites, etc already installed.   I would like to Content Wizard to reinstall it for Smart Content goodness.   Will that break stuff or cause duplications or something?

No, the smart content is separate from the content installation.  You should be able to do it without duplication (unless you put user-facing files in really weird locations).

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    Sevrin said:

I have a lot of content from Rendo, Adam Thwaites, etc already installed.   I would like to Content Wizard to reinstall it for Smart Content goodness.   Will that break stuff or cause duplications or something?

No, the smart content is separate from the content installation.  You should be able to do it without duplication (unless you put user-facing files in really weird locations).

My install is pretty vanilla.  So Content Wizard will just overwrite the asset files and add Smart Content?  That's kind of a dream come true.  I'd get soooooo much more use out my Rendo content.

edited April 2020
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:

My install is pretty vanilla.  So Content Wizard will just overwrite the asset files and add Smart Content?  That's kind of a dream come true.  I'd get soooooo much more use out my Rendo content.

Yes.  You should confirm the smart content that CW assigns though before installing.  It does a pretty good job, but there are definitely things that can improved (such as poses, if they are not named, there is no way to know what category of pose they should be).

EDIT: And, yes, making this was a dream come true for me to make other stuff useful.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:

Yes.  You should confirm the smart content that CW assigns though before installing.  It does a pretty good job, but there are definitely things that can improved (such as poses, if they are not named, there is no way to know what category of pose they should be).

EDIT: And, yes, making this was a dream come true for me to make other stuff useful.

That's fine.  I'm mostly concerned about characters, clothing and materials.  As long as all the poses for one set are in the same folder, that's good enough for me.

edited April 2020
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:

That's fine.  I'm mostly concerned about characters, clothing and materials.  As long as all the poses for one set are in the same folder, that's good enough for me.

You should be good then.  I do recommend watching the tutorial video though.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,186
    edited April 2020

Just noticed that the product page doesn't link to this thread (through the Daz Deals Browser Addon). To achieve this, just add a link to the products' page to the first post, it will help shoppers who want to know more about the product a LOT if they can quickly see there's a post about it. :)

Edit: Odd, there is a link, but the addon doesn't pick it up for some reason?

Post edited by Drip on
    Drip said:

Just noticed that the product page doesn't link to this thread (through the Daz Deals Browser Addon). To achieve this, just add a link to the products' page to the first post, it will help shoppers who want to know more about the product a LOT if they can quickly see there's a post about it. :)

Edit: Odd, there is a link, but the addon doesn't pick it up for some reason?

I am wondering if it is because I created this thread BEFORE the product was released and added it later?

• This product is great but it has problems installing content from specific vendors at least for me (Sangriart, -Valkyrie-, Anagord). The zip files install like any other, no error in the log, but there's nothing in the smart content/product panel when it's finished.

This product is great but it has problems installing content from specific vendors at least for me (Sangriart, -Valkyrie-, Anagord). The zip files install like any other, no error in the log, but there's nothing in the smart content/product panel when it's finished.

Ok, I will need to see the Daz log to see what is going on.

• This product is great but it has problems installing content from specific vendors at least for me (Sangriart, -Valkyrie-, Anagord). The zip files install like any other, no error in the log, but there's nothing in the smart content/product panel when it's finished.

Here's the log from trying to install smart content for https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=140896

txt
    txt
    installattempt.txt

This product is great but it has problems installing content from specific vendors at least for me (Sangriart, -Valkyrie-, Anagord). The zip files install like any other, no error in the log, but there's nothing in the smart content/product panel when it's finished.

Here's the log from trying to install smart content for https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=140896

Is this the Daz log or the log in the dialog?  I need more information... the daz log if possible.  Thanks.

Is this the Daz log or the log in the dialog?  I need more information... the daz log if possible.  Thanks.

For some reason the txt file isn't uploading so I'll pm you it

ok, thanks.  I got it. In your log, the script is finding it installed "Galla G8 Fand V8 1of2 UD 25826" already.  I would remove the "Galla G8 Fand V8 1of2 UD 25826" from Daz studio (follow the manual) and try again.  Also, enter the vendor name as it seems to be blank.  Please send me the log if it doesn't work.

ok, thanks.  I got it. In your log, the script is finding it installed "Galla G8 Fand V8 1of2 UD 25826" already.  I would remove the "Galla G8 Fand V8 1of2 UD 25826" from Daz studio (follow the manual) and try again.  Also, enter the vendor name as it seems to be blank.  Please send me the log if it doesn't work.

Alright, I removed the product and reinstalled via content wizard with all the names filled in and still nothing. I'll send you the log for both the content install and the smart content install, maybe it's something there.

Alright, I removed the product and reinstalled via content wizard with all the names filled in and still nothing. I'll send you the log for both the content install and the smart content install, maybe it's something there.

You removed the product using Daz Studio so it is deleted in the metadata?  Because the log has:

2020-04-10 15:15:13.108 DEBUG: Verifying "Galla G8 Fand V8 1of2 UD 258268" product does not exist already

2020-04-10 15:15:13.109 Verifying "Galla G8 Fand V8 1of2 UD 258268" product does not exist already

2020-04-10 15:15:13.140 DEBUG: Found existing product in Daz Studio: Galla G8 Fand V8 1of2 UD 258268

2020-04-10 15:15:13.141 Found existing product in Daz Studio: Galla G8 Fand V8 1of2 UD 258268

So it is still finding it.  Please delete the product using the instructions at the back of the manual.

• lookingglasslookingglass Posts: 9
    edited April 2020

You removed the product using Daz Studio so it is deleted in the metadata?  Because the log has:

2020-04-10 15:15:13.108 DEBUG: Verifying "Galla G8 Fand V8 1of2 UD 258268" product does not exist already

2020-04-10 15:15:13.109 Verifying "Galla G8 Fand V8 1of2 UD 258268" product does not exist already

2020-04-10 15:15:13.140 DEBUG: Found existing product in Daz Studio: Galla G8 Fand V8 1of2 UD 258268

2020-04-10 15:15:13.141 Found existing product in Daz Studio: Galla G8 Fand V8 1of2 UD 258268

So it is still finding it.  Please delete the product using the instructions at the back of the manual.

I would but since it's not showing up in smart content in the first place there is nothing for me to uninstall in the products panel. Is there a way I can delete it manually in file explorer?

Post edited by lookingglass on

I would but since it's not showing up in smart content in the first place there is nothing for me to uninstall in the products panel. Is there a way I can delete it manually in file explorer?

Oh crap never mind found it in content library lol sorry

Oh crap never mind found it in content library lol sorry

So I found them in the content library, and when I try to show asset in smart content it says it could not be found with current filtering options. Does this have to do with the fact that the category I choose to install them under was 'adult'?

That should not matter I wouldn't think.  

Can you find it under Products in the Content Library pane?  

• iwoolcociwoolcoc Posts: 25

Hello.

Well after 3 years of reading these forums I am making my first post, and of course it is because I have a problem.

I am getting the error " ERROR extracting files" when trying to install products from the vendor PAMAWO from Renderosity.

The most recent product I tried was:
    Motte Castle by pamawo _ https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=121636

The zip files are able to be unzipped manually via Windows, so they are not corrupt.

My temp Daz folder is on a drive with 78GB free, so no space problem.

I have not had any problems with any other vendor from Renderosity.

The other products I have had the same problem with are:
    Pirates, All Aboard! Destino DS by pamawo _ https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=140006
    Pirates, All Aboard!Misc for DS by pamawo _ https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=140012

I have attached the DAZ log file re the Motto Castle attempt.
    This also includes info re sucessful installed products. 

Note that this is a word DOC as the TXT file would not upload.

I have also included a screen shot of the ContentWizard "product" tab to show what info I had input.

Note: if i click "unzip product" a second time I do not get the error msg pop up, but the log shows it still failed to unzip.

Capture.JPG
    914 x 623 - 109K
    docx
    docx
    2020.docx
  • PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664
    edited April 2020

Ok, so I've come across a strange error I haven't seen be for  "No User Facing Files Where Found In The Product"

Post edited by Platnumk on
    iwoolcoc said:

Hello.

Well after 3 years of reading these forums I am making my first post, and of course it is because I have a problem.

I am getting the error " ERROR extracting files" when trying to install products from the vendor PAMAWO from Renderosity.

The most recent product I tried was:
    Motte Castle by pamawo _ https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=121636

The zip files are able to be unzipped manually via Windows, so they are not corrupt.

My temp Daz folder is on a drive with 78GB free, so no space problem.

I have not had any problems with any other vendor from Renderosity.

The other products I have had the same problem with are:
    Pirates, All Aboard! Destino DS by pamawo _ https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=140006
    Pirates, All Aboard!Misc for DS by pamawo _ https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=140012

I have attached the DAZ log file re the Motto Castle attempt.
    This also includes info re sucessful installed products. 

Note that this is a word DOC as the TXT file would not upload.

I have also included a screen shot of the ContentWizard "product" tab to show what info I had input.

Note: if i click "unzip product" a second time I do not get the error msg pop up, but the log shows it still failed to unzip.

The unzip error is occurring when the script tries to open that zip file.  The script is using a built-in function to open the zip file; if there is a problem, I cannot do anything about it.  I think the vendor must have zipped it with some option that the scripting function does not like.  I would recommend unzipping and rezipping the files normally with winzip or 7zip.

Platnumk said:

Ok, so I've come across a strange error I haven't seen be for  "No User Facing Files Where Found In The Product"

That is not an error but a warning.  The script did not find any .duf files in People, Environments, Props, etc so there will be no smart content generated. 

Platnumk said:

That is not an error but a warning.  The script did not find any .duf files in People, Environments, Props, etc so there will be no smart content generated. 

Thanks, I thought thats what it ment but I still don't understand why I get that error when the Zip contains .duf files,  Tho I have managed to fix the error by Re-Zipping the folder.

Now onto my next question,  How do I stop the files with the Black Triangle with a Red Exclamation Mark in it from showing in the smart content.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 09.17.14.png
    1609 x 1074 - 232K
    Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

Thanks, I thought thats what it ment but I still don't understand why I get that error when the Zip contains .duf files,  Tho I have managed to fix the error by Re-Zipping the folder.

Now onto my next question,  How do I stop the files with the Black Triangle with a Red Exclamation Mark in it from showing in the smart content.

Those happen if it cannot find or read the png files.  Usually, it is because the script cannot find the png files (not same filename with .png extension, either Filename.png or Filename.duf.png)

Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

Those happen if it cannot find or read the png files.  Usually, it is because the script cannot find the png files (not same filename with .png extension, either Filename.png or Filename.duf.png)

Those file don't have .png files becuase they are morphs that go into the /data/Vendor Name/Product Name/  yet the script is trying to add Smart Content Data to them which is not required.  Which is the reason why I asked how to stop them from showing in smart content.

Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

Those file don't have .png files becuase they are morphs that go into the /data/Vendor Name/Product Name/  yet the script is trying to add Smart Content Data to them which is not required.  Which is the reason why I asked how to stop them from showing in smart content.

Uncheck them in the Smart Content tab of the script.  They won't be added.

Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

Thank you.  And keep up the great work.

Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

Thank you.  And keep up the great work.

You're welcome.