[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    Havos said:

yesThe official patch should be live in store now.

Is it v1.0.5.4?

Looking for the Export option ... angel

Yes, it is v1.0.5.4.  The export button now enables after Install Smart Content but I don't think that is what you are talking about.  Please remind what Export option you want?

The one I would like is to export the Smart Content (metadata) without having to install it. So that one could load a zip, create and export. The user can then add the exported Smart Content to the existing zip and the complete zip can then be stored as backups and for future installations.

I am not sure I am understanding you.  In a way, you already have that option.  Analyze your zip, edit the smart content, and save the configuration file.  That file reloads everything you have done and is machine independent.   If you are talking about Daz smart content files in Runtime/Support, I could sorta generate the support files without installing Smart content, but it is not complete without installing smart content.  

Yes, what I would like exported is the DAZ smart content files in Runtime/Support, e.g. the *.dsx and *.jpg files. Of course, it would then be up to the user to install the smart content in DS.

I can sort of do that I think.  Problems I see is that it would have no GUID assigned by DS, and the smart content might not work (product name and different ID conflict, etc) without verifying it can install.

Like Doctor Jelly Bean I would also like to see this. Firstly I install to multiple different machines. but I also find Smart Content needs reinstalling periodicaly. This is a trivial operation, you just reset the database and then reimport all the metadata files. If the Content Wizard created these files in runtime/support then its metadata would also be restored via this, and you would not need to reinstall them one by one using the wizard.

yes

This update does not include tags, correct?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,525
    Havos said:

The official patch should be live in store now.

Is it v1.0.5.4?

Yes, it is v1.0.5.4.  The export button now enables after Install Smart Content but I don't think that is what you are talking about.  Please remind what Export option you want?

The one I would like is to export the Smart Content (metadata) without having to install it. So that one could load a zip, create and export. The user can then add the exported Smart Content to the existing zip and the complete zip can then be stored as backups and for future installations.

I am not sure I am understanding you.  In a way, you already have that option.  Analyze your zip, edit the smart content, and save the configuration file.  That file reloads everything you have done and is machine independent.   If you are talking about Daz smart content files in Runtime/Support, I could sorta generate the support files without installing Smart content, but it is not complete without installing smart content.  

Yes, what I would like exported is the DAZ smart content files in Runtime/Support, e.g. the *.dsx and *.jpg files. Of course, it would then be up to the user to install the smart content in DS.

I can sort of do that I think.  Problems I see is that it would have no GUID assigned by DS, and the smart content might not work (product name and different ID conflict, etc) without verifying it can install.

Like Doctor Jelly Bean I would also like to see this. Firstly I install to multiple different machines. but I also find Smart Content needs reinstalling periodicaly. This is a trivial operation, you just reset the database and then reimport all the metadata files. If the Content Wizard created these files in runtime/support then its metadata would also be restored via this, and you would not need to reinstall them one by one using the wizard.

The Content Wizard already creates the files in Runtime/support when you install smart content.  That is the only way to install smart content into Daz.  You can always copy the files out of there to wherever you want.

• Havos said:

Is it v1.0.5.4?

The Content Wizard already creates the files in Runtime/support when you install smart content.  That is the only way to install smart content into Daz.  You can always copy the files out of there to wherever you want.

A script can create database entries - assets and prducts.

Havos said:

Is it v1.0.5.4?

A script can create some aspects of products, but truly creating it does not seem to work except by creating the support runtime files and having the db ingest that.  I spent over a week fighting the script API trying.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349
    Havos said:

Is it v1.0.5.4?

Thanks, for the time being that sounds like a valid workaround

• Havos said:

Is it v1.0.5.4?

A script can create some aspects of products, but truly creating it does not seem to work except by creating the support runtime files and having the db ingest that.  I spent over a week fighting the script API trying.

Rob suggests otherwise, you may want to contact PA Support.

Havos said:

Is it v1.0.5.4?

Rob suggests otherwise, you may want to contact PA Support.

Thanks Richard.  Since what I have works, at this point, I don't want to touch that part of the code.  I might catch up with him for a 2.0 at some point.

• I can't seem to get the metadata to work. I keep getting the following error:

16:27:46 GMT+0200 (Romance (zomertijd)): Building product metadata...

16:27:46 GMT+0200 (Romance (zomertijd)): Unable to open file for writing: F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_84529_Money.dsx

16:27:46 GMT+0200 (Romance (zomertijd)): Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import: F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_84529_Money.dsx

16:27:46 GMT+0200 (Romance (zomertijd)): There were errors during installation.

The product that is created is just empty, and none of the installed files have any metadata attached to them.

I can't seem to get the metadata to work. I keep getting the following error:

16:27:46 GMT+0200 (Romance (zomertijd)): Building product metadata...

16:27:46 GMT+0200 (Romance (zomertijd)): Unable to open file for writing: F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_84529_Money.dsx

16:27:46 GMT+0200 (Romance (zomertijd)): Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import: F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_84529_Money.dsx

16:27:46 GMT+0200 (Romance (zomertijd)): There were errors during installation.

The product that is created is just empty, and none of the installed files have any metadata attached to them.

Could you post the Daz log?  That will give me more information.  Also, just to be sure, you are using the update from this week?

• I believe so. I uninstalled and re-installed to make sure I had the lastest version. No update is visible in DIM.

Here's the log:

txt
    txt
    log.txt

I believe so. I uninstalled and re-installed to make sure I had the lastest version. No update is visible in DIM.

Here's the log:

Ok, it looks like there are 2 things going wrong here.  

1. CW goes to see if the Money product exists and it finds an existing one.  However, the Money product already in DS has a store of LOCAL USER instead of Renderosity as you specified.
    2. It cannot create the following file: F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_84529_Money.dsx 

I believe the first error is the cause of the second error but am not sure (it could be an invalid path, disk full, etc).  Using the directions in the CW manual, delete the existing Money product in Daz Studio.  Try again.

• It's the invalid path thing. Since the zips I try to extract start with the "my library" directory, I set my install path one higher, but all the runtime files go of course into "my library", so CW seems to skip that directory. Unzipping them in a temp directory and re-zipping them "correctly" solves the issue. Should have noticed it myself.

It's the invalid path thing. Since the zips I try to extract start with the "my library" directory, I set my install path one higher, but all the runtime files go of course into "my library", so CW seems to skip that directory. Unzipping them in a temp directory and re-zipping them "correctly" solves the issue. Should have noticed it myself.

Awesome!  I am glad you got it working.

• Does this make it possible for all my old files hidden away in lost and found to be in the correct place in smart files, or at least in my content?

Does this make it possible for all my old files hidden away in lost and found to be in the correct place in smart files, or at least in my content?

If you are careful to name the product in CW exactly like it is in Daz Studio, then you can overwrite the bad metadata and it should leave lost and found.  I have not tested this though.

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
    edited April 2020

any solution yet for the local user dublicate entries?

I know you can delete them manually but sometimes it's a pain when a product is just called shirt for example and I can't find it because I have so many shirts.

I'd prefer if the content wizard would not create local user smart content :S

Post edited by Illidanstorm on

any solution yet for the local user dublicate entries?

I know you can delete them manually but sometimes it's a pain when a product is just called shirt for example and I can't find it because I have so many shirts.

I'd prefer if the content wizard would not create local user smart content :S

The last patch may have fixed it... did you try it?

• No, still the same issue with the latest version I got from the dim 1.0.5.4

Anmerkung 2020-04-02 173646.jpg
    1482 x 329 - 119K

No, still the same issue with the latest version I got from the dim 1.0.5.4

Did you try it on a new product?  If something was left around in the Daz DB, it wouldn't help.  If you did try it on a new product, I need to see the new Daz log for when you installed it.

• ok, sent you a pm

ok, sent you a pm

Hmmm.  Thank you for the log.  The log doesn't show anything as far as I can tell.  The vendor store is identified correctly.  The only thing I can see that is different is that you have added deviant art to the stores list.  Just to be safe, let's try with the unmodified RSSmartContentConstants.dsa file from the latest update.

• Which unmodified RSSmartContentConstants.dsa file?
    I didn't modify anything

Which unmodified RSSmartContentConstants.dsa file?
    I didn't modify anything

You must have at one point.  From the log, your log lists deviant art and another one that is not in the installed RSSmartContentConstants.dsa file.

• I've just added those shops. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it without those shops added but still get local user content. It's only happening for clothes and characters, environments and poses don't create local user content.
    I've just added those shops. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it without those shops added but still get local user content. It's only happening for clothes and characters, environments and poses don't create local user content.

Ok, I wanted to verify that it wasn't something changed in the constants file (I didn't think it was, but nothing in the log jumped out at me).  It only happens for clothes and characters?  Very interesting.  Now to figure out what is different for those that trips this on your machine.

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

Wait, does this thing only install stuff from the Daz store? Stuff that already installs with DIM?

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

Everything I've tried to install throws up an error. Why is it so complicated? I've got an installer, free, from Renerosity that intalls anything with no fuss whatsoever!  You tell it what you want to install and it installs it. Bam. I just don't get the point of Content Wizard.  

• Everything I've tried to install throws up an error. Why is it so complicated? I've got an installer, free, from Renerosity that intalls anything with no fuss whatsoever!  You tell it what you want to install and it installs it. Bam. I just don't get the point of Content Wizard.  

What installer? Does it also create smart content?

Content Wizard is mostly for creating smart content for all products that don't have any like renderosity stuff.

Everything I've tried to install throws up an error. Why is it so complicated? I've got an installer, free, from Renerosity that intalls anything with no fuss whatsoever!  You tell it what you want to install and it installs it. Bam. I just don't get the point of Content Wizard.  

Without knowing what kind of error, I cannot tell you what is the problem.  What are you doing?  What does the log say?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Apologies for not having read through the thread.

I have a lot of content from Rendo, Adam Thwaites, etc already installed.   I would like to Content Wizard to reinstall it for Smart Content goodness.   Will that break stuff or cause duplications or something?