Bluejaunte appreciation

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,950
    I don't know if LIE affects shutdown time.
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,482
    edited October 2021

barbult said:

I don't know if LIE affects shutdown time.

It seems that it does. As usual you were correct - I have LIE Baker and it still works :) So I baked the freckles and she now loads much quicker. Surprisingly, DAZ Studio shuts down quicker too. Thank you again for your help.

Post edited by marble on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,738

So I've had Taye HD on my wishlist for a while now. And one day it suddenly wasn't there anymore. I finally figured out I had to check a box in the wishlist that says "Show Mature Content" in order to make Taye HD show in the wishlist again. I wonder how this managed to get categorized as "Mature Content", especially since the other item on my list, Moryen HD, is not considered Mature Content.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

NylonGirl said:

So I've had Taye HD on my wishlist for a while now. And one day it suddenly wasn't there anymore. I finally figured out I had to check a box in the wishlist that says "Show Mature Content" in order to make Taye HD show in the wishlist again. I wonder how this managed to get categorized as "Mature Content", especially since the other item on my list, Moryen HD, is not considered Mature Content.

You might try to post this in the official thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/588971/new-daz-3d-safe-search-filter

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,887

NylonGirl said:

Too much skin for corporate use I guess. But yeah Moryen should also clearly fall into that category. I hope this is just an oversight and not the beginning of some double standard for Daz Originals.

• MrRogerSmithMrRogerSmith Posts: 89

New character, Isolde

Isolde1.png
    2560 x 1920 - 7M
    Isolde2.png
    2560 x 1920 - 8M
  • Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 734
    edited June 3

Here's another Isolde 

Isolde in the City - 02.png
    1800 x 1800 - 4M
    Post edited by Olo_Ordinaire on
  • GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 166

The only thing making me hesitate for a minute in purchasing the Isolde character is wondering what hair that is that she's wearing.....

Screenshot 2024-06-03 110516.png
    204 x 210 - 54K
    edited June 3

Georgehaze said:

The only thing making me hesitate for a minute in purchasing the Isolde character is wondering what hair that is that she's wearing.....

https://www.daz3d.com/fe-ashlee-hair-for-genesis-9

Customized it a bit. I guess I could make the morph available. Why does this make you hesitant though? Isn't the "dress up" up part half the fun?

Post edited by bluejaunte on
  • GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 166
    edited June 3

To a degree, yes.

But, when I see a character being used with what I consider the 'perfect' hair choice already.....  Well, call me greedy but I want all parts of the package.

And, with that, purchase made!

Post edited by Georgehaze on
    edited June 3

Georgehaze said:

To a degree, yes.

But, when I see a character being used with what I consider the 'perfect' hair choice already.....  Well, call me greedy but I want all parts of the package.

And, with that, purchase made!

I'm super anal about hair these days, so I'm glad you consider it perfect. There's no such thing of course, and it often happens after a release that I see renders and think that hair looks way cooler :)

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,184

Ups. Being no native may I ask whether "being super anal about sth." is really used these days or if damn autocorrect has made the day?

And regarding the morph for the hair: Yes, please make it available :-)

• 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 127

The product does have some extra content but what makes me hesitate is the price. Seeing new characters 30% off and yet $20.99 issurprisesticker shock - I'm just sayin'. Haven't bought much lately, waiting for the next starving PA sale.  ...By the way, searching coolthe store for "Isolde", only brings up a Daz original char for V4. / peace

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903
    edited June 4

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Ups. Being no native may I ask whether "being super anal about sth." is really used these days or if damn autocorrect has made the day?

I don't know how common it is these days, you'd have to ask a young person, but it's definitely a saying in (at least American) English. Some background.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,950
    edited June 5

This is Isolde, but if we are talking Bluejaunte appreciation, I think the very best product is the Camera Manager!

BJ Isolde_002_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ExpozuresExpozures Posts: 219

Rod Wise Driggo said:

And regarding the morph for the hair: Yes, please make it available :-)

Raising the dead here, I don't know how common it is among younger generations anymore.  It was popular when I was a teen (in the 80s and early 90s) to be "anal retentive".

I had no idea the origin and just looked it up and OMG...Freud was a weirdo.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,206
    edited August 19

First off, I really liked the those last three releases, June, Isolde and now Cynthia are some of my favorite characters for Genesis 9. Especially the first two really add a lot to the overall variety of Genesis 9 shapes.

That being said, after installing and loading up Cynthia I did stumble a bit over she shape of her chest. I am attaching two images of what she looks like, when I render her in my version of DS (second picture has the 'Nipples Feminine HD' morph dialed in).

Maybe I am just seeing things, but the shape of her breasts looks noticably different from the promo shots in the shop (especially the last three) - although, on second viewing, the promo shots themselves look kind of different from one another.

Is this just me, or is anyone else seeing this?

I am using an older version of DS (4.15.0.2 to be precise), so that might be the reason, although I am not sure if that could even in theory cause something like this.

Anyway, I don't really mind one way or the other, but if this is a bug of some kind, I felt I should point it out blush

*Edit*: replaced the original pictures with screenshots from 'Smooth Shaded' mode. Added a screenshot that shows the relevant section of the 'Currently Used' window.

Screenshot Cynthia 1.png
    538 x 872 - 85K
    Screenshot Cynthia 2.png
    538 x 872 - 86K
    Screenshot Cynthia 3.png
    273 x 860 - 98K
    Post edited by Barubary on
  • Please use a non-textured mode for the images.

Is your base figure loading with a shape applied - try loading the base Genesis 9 then Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape and see if the breasts change.

edited August 19

Richard Haseltine said:

Please use a non-textured mode for the images.

Is your base figure loading with a shape applied - try loading the base Genesis 9 then Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape and see if the breasts change.

Sorry about that - I've seen that message many times (and specifically looked it up beforehand!), but apparently my brain always read 'non-textured model', so I assumed it was enough to use an untextured figure in a render.

Thanks for your advice, but that did not change the breast shape. As far as I can tell, there are not shapes dialed in that shouldn't be there, both with the base Genesis 9 and with Cynthia dialed in (to be clear: there are two morphs I had to dial out, but those don't change the breast shape). I added a screenshot to show the relevant section of the 'Currently Used' window.

edited August 19

Barubary said:

First off, I really liked the those last three releases, June, Isolde and now Cynthia are some of my favorite characters for Genesis 9. Especially the first two really add a lot to the overall variety of Genesis 9 shapes.

That being said, after installing and loading up Cynthia I did stumble a bit over she shape of her chest. I am attaching two images of what she looks like, when I render her in my version of DS (second picture has the 'Nipples Feminine HD' morph dialed in).

Maybe I am just seeing things, but the shape of her breasts looks noticably different from the promo shots in the shop (especially the last three) - although, on second viewing, the promo shots themselves look kind of different from one another.

Is this just me, or is anyone else seeing this?

I am using an older version of DS (4.15.0.2 to be precise), so that might be the reason, although I am not sure if that could even in theory cause something like this.

Anyway, I don't really mind one way or the other, but if this is a bug of some kind, I felt I should point it out blush

*Edit*: replaced the original pictures with screenshots from 'Smooth Shaded' mode. Added a screenshot that shows the relevant section of the 'Currently Used' window.

Thanks so much for the kind words :) I don't see anything wrong here. Looks like the promos to me. Maybe the top down lighting throwing you off? Makes shapes more pronounced I guess.

Edit: Oh I think it's the pose actually. Looking at this scene, the breasts had Up-Down 2.0, xTranslate -0.21, YTranslate 0.25, ZTranslate 1.65. Breasts are part of the pose too, this was not a zero pose. Breasts wanna move too!

So if it's that, then congratulations for having such a keen eye! Pose them however you want though. :)

• The trouble is that Currently Used shows proeprties with non-default, rather than non-zero values - it is the latter which would be wanted here. However, if  zeroing (rather than restoring, which also goes by default rather than zero values) doesn't change anything in that area then we can be fairly confident that that isn't the issue.

Richard Haseltine said:

The trouble is that Currently Used shows proeprties with non-default, rather than non-zero values - it is the latter which would be wanted here. However, if  zeroing (rather than restoring, which also goes by default rather than zero values) doesn't change anything in that area then we can be fairly confident that that isn't the issue.

Not sure I follow. If I load Cynthia character I don't see anything none zero. Am I misunderstanding?
  • bluejaunte said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The trouble is that Currently Used shows proeprties with non-default, rather than non-zero values - it is the latter which would be wanted here. However, if  zeroing (rather than restoring, which also goes by default rather than zero values) doesn't change anything in that area then we can be fairly confident that that isn't the issue.

Not sure I follow. If I load Cynthia character I don't see anything none zero. Am I misunderstanding?

We cross-posted, I was replying to the other post.

Richard Haseltine said:

bluejaunte said:

Richard Haseltine said:

We cross-posted, I was replying to the other post.

Right, of course. Sorry about that.
    edited August 19

bluejaunte said:

Barubary said:

[...]

Thanks so much for the kind words :) I don't see anything wrong here. Looks like the promos to me. Maybe the top down lighting throwing you off? Makes shapes more pronounced I guess.

Edit: Oh I think it's the pose actually. Looking at this scene, the breasts had Up-Down 2.0, xTranslate -0.21, YTranslate 0.25, ZTranslate 1.65. Breasts are part of the pose too, this was not a zero pose. Breasts wanna move too!

So if it's that, then congratulations for having such a keen eye! Pose them however you want though. :)

Thanks for the explanation, that seems to be it!

It did occur to me that her pose in the promo wasn't the standard A pose, so I did test moving around her shoulder bones (since thoese affect the pectoral bones as well). But I didn't think to move the pectoral bones themselves directly. That obviously makes a lot of difference.

Now I also get the seemingly different breast shapes in the promos.

Again, thanks for the explanation and sorry for bringing it up - unnecessarily - in the first place! 

Also thanks to Richard for your advice! I had never actually used the "Zero Figure Shape" option, but I can see now how that might be useful for cases like this :)

Since this is the Bluejaunte appreciation thread and not the bluejaunte customer support board, I'll just use this opportunity to post a picture using Isolde and June that I did I while back but never got around to posting.

I'll try to do something with Cynthia as soon as possible as well :)

Isolde June Cyberpunk.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,926
    edited August 20

As great as Bluejaunte's characters are, the first thing I do with them, is to correct those insane long legs.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,367

Masterstroke said:

As great as Bluejaunte's characters are, the first thing I do with them, is to correct those insane long legs.

I like the long legs some people do have long legs so 'correcting' them isn't really right, altering them to personal preference is the whole thing about the versitility of Daz Studio

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,926

scorpio said:

Masterstroke said:

I like the long legs some people do have long legs so 'correcting' them isn't really right, altering them to personal preference is the whole thing about the versitility of Daz Studio

Given, that Bluejaunte Characters are usually one of the most realistic in the shop, those long legs are not at all matching a statistic normal and therefor those legs looks like an general mismatch to the rest of his characters' design, by of course only my humbled opinion. His long legs are obviously not a feature of one particular character only, but a recognizable feature throughout his catalog.
    Aside from that, personal prefrencies are legit, but are not part of what I am talking about. 
    The issue is, that artists as human, are undouptly biased, in this case of proportions.
    That why it is important to always check by that 1/8th head cannon for proportions as a reference.
    If an artist decides to go off that canon, that would be fine, as long as it is a concsious decision.
    MY referncies tell me, that his characters' legs are longer, than the statistic normal and longer, than canon, and that's why I "correct" them.
    Of course, everybody's free to handle this, the way anybody likes to, but this is of course just preaching to the choire.

Realism doesn't mean I want to create average humans. That would be super easy to do actually. Literally just slap together random average face with random average body. My job would be so much easier. It would look neither interesting nor beautiful and likely wouldn't sell though. Long legs are apparently something I find beautiful, although I'm honestly not even entirely aware of but it's not the first time I hear this so apparently it's a thing with my characters. It's so incredibly easy to correct in Daz Studio though, I don't have any second thoughts about it. I just muck around until I find the result appeallilng and know that people can very easily correct proportions, add/remove fat etc. :)

• Masterstroke said:

scorpio said:

Masterstroke said:

Given, that Bluejaunte Characters are usually one of the most realistic in the shop, those long legs are not at all matching a statistic normal and therefor those legs looks like an general mismatch to the rest of his characters' design, by of course only my humbled opinion. His long legs are obviously not a feature of one particular character only, but a recognizable feature throughout his catalog.
    Aside from that, personal prefrencies are legit, but are not part of what I am talking about. 
    The issue is, that artists as human, are undouptly biased, in this case of proportions.
    That why it is important to always check by that 1/8th head cannon for proportions as a reference.
    If an artist decides to go off that canon, that would be fine, as long as it is a concsious decision.
    MY referncies tell me, that his characters' legs are longer, than the statistic normal and longer, than canon, and that's why I "correct" them.
    Of course, everybody's free to handle this, the way anybody likes to, but this is of course just preaching to the choire.

I like your sentiment with this, but as a guy who stands 186cm with a 36" inseam, I feel a bit the wrong shape now. :D