The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Protip: got a heatwave going on? Take as hot shower/bath as you can. This sounds silly... but once you come out of the shower, the air is still cooler than your body, and your body's core temp system has been just told to slow down heat production for a while. It has helped me to cope with the ongoing climate...

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm not sure if this is a complaint or a none complaint.

After my treatment today my meds have kicked in like I have never taken meds before. I'm SO messed up, it is just not funny. I'm defently not driving today, heck I might need help to make a sandwhich right now. One things for sure I have no pain today.

I think that can qualify as both a complaint and a non-complaint, definitely a two-for-one.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    My back is hurting so much I don't want to eat. I think I'm gonna go soak in a steaming shower

Oh geesh, I hope that clears up! Backaches suck big time. :down:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,142
    edited December 1969

I had a dream I was in a new apartment. There were several rooms in it. And the bedroom closet was big enough to hold a bed. Somebody was keep opening the doors and leaving them open. I kept asking them to keep the doors closed. Hr decided to pull a gun and point it at me. I tried to take it apart. Instead of bullets it was full of Aaa batteries.

Also in this dream I had lots of pets but I could not remember their names or which ones were real. Some of them had batteries and an off switch.

I also had a dream about worms and was trying to kill them

I remember once I had a dream that I got a cut in my finger somehow and a worm came out of the cut. I tried to kill it before it reentered my body.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    My back is hurting so much I don't want to eat. I think I'm gonna go soak in a steaming shower
    Sorry to hear about that Frank. Be better soon and take care.
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

steamy showers are comforting. after wrapped in a big fluffy towel.

followed by a bowl of miso soup or something rice and noodles.

edited December 1969

steamy showers are comforting. after wrapped in a big fluffy towel.

followed by a bowl of miso soup or something rice and noodles.

OMG I'd kill for a miso soup! :down:

It's not that I can't eat it - seems the average cup of miso is only about 8g of carb - it's that the sushi place wants to serve me a roll as well, and the smallest of those will run into 30g+ of carb just from the rice! Dang!

Maybe I can get instant miso from the Japanese place, or get miso paste and make my own with tofu and green onions.. maybe even some Shiitake mushrooms. The usual solution to "can't eat it out" seems to be "cook it at home, fool!". %-P

I need time management classes! I should be able to find some online...

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Damn. Couple of weeks ago it was y'all and pizza, now y'all and miso soup. And my SO makes miso soup which is to die for, it is that good. (Although we need to skip dashi, since I can't have any fish, and be careful when picking premade miso paste to check if there's fish in the mix. We do ours to either vegetable or chicken broth.)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

@Misty: Well it's telling me I can't view the thread until I register and log in, and I don't want to do that. Besides I'm in no rush for new wallpapers. I have about sixty I'm cycling through right now.

edited December 1969

i had pizza yesterday. I took it out of the freezer and preheated the oven. Then put some extra cheese on the pizza and put it in the oven for ten minutes or so. then I ate it. it was only big enough for one person.

I need to go feed the kitties, take my medicine and get some dinner to eat.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Heavy traffic day - where do all these cars come from? - I'm sitting in the back of a cab that hasn't moved for five minutes or so, stuck in a mob of honking growling metal, heaving and restless and stuck like some herd of smelly wild beasts that fell down a hole :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Woah only three more sleeps until a couple of weeks off - just in time haz big tired tonight and yawning wide enough to swallow a whale :)

Well, you already ate a shark, a whale isn't that big of a step up! %-P

we haz gummy shark, not quite like gummy bears http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gummy_shark

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm not sure if this is a complaint or a none complaint.

After my treatment today my meds have kicked in like I have never taken meds before. I'm SO messed up, it is just not funny. I'm defently not driving today, heck I might need help to make a sandwhich right now. One things for sure I have no pain today.

I think that can qualify as both a complaint and a non-complaint, definitely a two-for-one.

Absolutely *hugs*

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Oh geesh, I hope that clears up! Backaches suck big time. :down:

ditto, that really sux *hugs moar*

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Heavy traffic day - where do all these cars come from? - I'm sitting in the back of a cab that hasn't moved for five minutes or so, stuck in a mob of honking growling metal, heaving and restless and stuck like some herd of smelly wild beasts that fell down a hole :)

Taxis are expensive where I live.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    @Misty: Well it's telling me I can't view the thread until I register and log in, and I don't want to do that. Besides I'm in no rush for new wallpapers. I have about sixty I'm cycling through right now.

oh well, the forums there are mostly faeries.
    i think i have seen that dragon before. it has teeth, but happy looking at the same time.

edited December 1969

I want to watch goblet of fire but it is not one of the free options on my kindle.

edited December 1969

I want to watch goblet of fire but it is not one of the free options on my kindle.

they skipped the whole quiditch match in the movie.

edited December 1969

lol, i think there must be a french word for everything, things that never occurred to my imagination. rhymes with trot, or frog.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I don't drive at all, don't have a car so cab everywhere instead. I think it evens out, cost wise, and often do paperwork while I'm travelling :)

edited December 1969

I have a car. For me it is a love hare relationship. Somedays I like my car but other days I hats my car.

I once had a dream that I went to my car and it had three or four flat tires.

I got a free sample of a book that had the premise that love was an illness that there is a vacine for but one has to be 18 or older to take it. Now I forgot the book's name so how can I plan to get this book.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

I don't drive at all, don't have a car so cab everywhere instead. I think it evens out, cost wise, and often do paperwork while I'm travelling :)

how many more sleeps to vacation? :)

edited December 1969

I leave the first of August. My sleep paternal is so messed up my body does not know when to sleep or not sleep.

edited December 1969

sleepy. nighty-nite

edited December 1969

I told Melody that if she keeps meowing and acting like a cat she will be slayer. Micah got neutered because he kept acting like a male cat.

edited December 1969

sleepy. nighty-nite

Goodnight! Bedtime for the Loachy One as well, much to do tomorrow! :coolsmile:

Too bad some of it is buying new bandages, gauze, and dressing for te foot. Poor foot! :-S

ps. Beef and red onions in garlic/white pepper sauce with a side of spinach is a WINNER! :-)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

Cabs here aren't cheap, but the bus goes 90% of where I need so cab fare is kept to a minimum. I hate driving anyway, stresses me out because nobody is paying attention to the road! :ahhh:

edited December 1969

I'll never look at chicken wings the same way again! Falafel for lunch mmmmm crunchy but not dry - the sun goes into hiding every time I step outdoors. I guess that is a complaint :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

how many more sleeps to vacation? :)

Two more sleeps - oh frabjous day, kaloo kallay - I would take Friday off but was dumb enough to schedule a meeting in the morning. Oh well.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

Cabs here aren't cheap, but the bus goes 90% of where I need so cab fare is kept to a minimum. I hate driving anyway, stresses me out because nobody is paying attention to the road! :ahhh:

Best for me and my genes to stay right away from driving, I would be in line for a Darwin award :)

This discussion has been closed.